Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 06-01-2013, 6:24 PM

Default SoCal Shotgun/Skeet Clinic 06/01/13 **DEBRIEF**

Hello Shooters, We had a great clinic today, good mix of experienced and new shooters. Warm weather, high humidity, and the right side of the grass, what more can you ask for?

There's not a lot to say about what we did, it was pretty basic; however, it was a pleasure and very gratifying to work with everyone today, it was great to see experienced shooters hone and better, established skills, and see new shooters work proven techniques that will break birds when applied with dedication and effort.

Coach and I would like to thank everyone for their time and effort, and to those that attended, please leave any comments that might help anyone thinking of improving their clay shooting, or taking up clay shooting from the start. Thanks again.

Coach Z and Captain Dick

Last edited by Captain Dick; 06-01-2013 at 9:07 PM..
Old 06-01-2013, 7:24 PM

I was one of the inexperienced shooters that attended this afternoon and I have to say coach Don and coach Richard offer the best training money can buy for practically nothing. They both are very experienced and enthusiastic about teaching and introducing new people to the sport. They look over every aspect your shooting style to see where adjustments can be made and tailor their teaching to your weaknesses. Even the more experienced shooters had more to learn from their vast experience. I had a ton of fun learning and being introduced to the sport and will defiantly come again to learn more. I would recommend this clinic for anyone. Thanks coach Don and coach Richard, I cant thank you enough!
Old 06-01-2013, 7:35 PM

WOW, Your first post and we're batting a 1000%. Seriously, keep supporting gun rights and the shooting sports, glad to have you with us and keep having fun.
Old 06-02-2013, 4:30 PM

My girlfriend and I attended this clinic yesterday and we both had a great time and learned a lot. Don and Rich are great instructors and we will definitely be attending another clinic. My GF had such a great time she wants her own shotgun now and we plan on becoming regulars at Triple B's
Old 06-02-2013, 7:52 PM

I am really looking forward to going to the clinic. I think after taking the classes, it will be a little less intimidating to show up and start shooting some clays on my own!

You guys are making waiting so hard .
Mossberg MVP 16.25" .308 / Maverick Model 88 Security 8-Shot 12ga / Hunter O/U 12ga
Sphinx SDP Black Line 9mm
Walther PPK Interarms .380
Beretta 950B Minx .22 Short
Old 06-03-2013, 5:27 AM

Great time with some really great people. I always seem to pick up something new when I attend the clinics. The GF had a wonderful first time experience and really wants to learn more.

Thanks guys, really appreciate all you do.
Old 06-03-2013, 2:49 PM

I don't know how many clinics I've been to by now but each time it's a lot of fun and I always learn at least one solid new trick or technique. Very supportive environment all around, although the actual environment was a little humid for my taste. Can't win em all I guess!

I enjoyed meeting new folks on Saturday and seeing some familiar faces. I look forward to seeing you all again at a future clinic or other BBB outing!
Old 06-04-2013, 8:42 PM

Thumbs up again for Richard and Don for running a great clinic. I was one of the noobs as well and learned a lot. The coach's had a great eye for seeing what you were doing wrong and how you could fix it. Was fun leaning the proper technique and I felt like I got started with a good foundation.
I look forward to honing my skills and attending another clinic soon, maybe even get my GF to go too like some of you fellas.
Old 06-04-2013, 8:50 PM

Here is a pic of Coach Don. Sorry only got 1 picture
Old 06-05-2013, 1:32 PM

Gee, that photo looks familiar. It is coach yelling at me . . . I mean instructing me.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM

I had a great time at the clinic and will most certainly be attending as often as possible. Although I have to drive from San Diego it is still worth it. If anyone is on the fence about it, I would recommend you sign up as soon as possible. You have two accomplished and knowledgeable instructors teaching you invaluable skeet shooting skills for next to nothing….basically working for tips if you think about it. I for one appreciate the fact they are out there as a way to garner interest in the sport, their way of giving back I suppose.

If you apply the instruction they provide YOU WILL SHOOT BETTER. One of the biggest things I took away from the clinic was to make your process prior to calling for a target the same every time you step up. I’ll continue to practice what I learned at the clinic and hopefully at the next one I attend I will be able to continue to build on that foundation.

One tip to all who attend in the future: While all of the instruction, small corrections, and recommendations the coaches give are valuable, if Coach Don hands someone his coffee and asks for a gun, prepare to be schooled big time!

Thanks to all the shooters for making it a great time and a huge thanks to the coaches.

Leon
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyte74 View Post
I had a great time at the clinic and will most certainly be attending as often as possible. Although I have to drive from San Diego it is still worth it. If anyone is on the fence about it, I would recommend you sign up as soon as possible. You have two accomplished and knowledgeable instructors teaching you invaluable skeet shooting skills for next to nothing….basically working for tips if you think about it. I for one appreciate the fact they are out there as a way to garner interest in the sport, their way of giving back I suppose.

If you apply the instruction they provide YOU WILL SHOOT BETTER. One of the biggest things I took away from the clinic was to make your process prior to calling for a target the same every time you step up. I’ll continue to practice what I learned at the clinic and hopefully at the next one I attend I will be able to continue to build on that foundation.

One tip to all who attend in the future: While all of the instruction, small corrections, and recommendations the coaches give are valuable, if Coach Don hands someone his coffee and asks for a gun, prepare to be schooled big time!

Thanks to all the shooters for making it a great time and a huge thanks to the coaches.

Leon
Aww man, I hope he picks my gun!
Mossberg MVP 16.25" .308 / Maverick Model 88 Security 8-Shot 12ga / Hunter O/U 12ga
Sphinx SDP Black Line 9mm
Walther PPK Interarms .380
Beretta 950B Minx .22 Short
Old 06-06-2013, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanan View Post
Gee, that photo looks familiar. It is coach yelling at me . . . I mean instructing me.
Now you get to experience it from a third-person point of view!