Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Strike Industries / JTech Gear-REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 12:40 PM

Default SI Glock rear sight mount (GSR) review.

SI Glock rear sight mount and charging handle.

The SI Glock rear sight mount “GSR” is an alternative to the screw in sight mounts you’ll find on the market.
The GSR is a durable, non-permanent solution to your Glock sight mounting needs. It replaces the rear sight and attaches to the rear slide plate and is held on the top by two set screws. Instillation is quick and easy with no permanent screwing or adjustments needed. I really like how almost all of Strike Industries products are completely reversible and give you the option to reverse the weapon to how it was before instillation.

The GSR is great for mounting your choice of red dot sight or can even be used just as it is due to the backup reference dots milled into the rear of the sight. I filled mine in with white paint for even more effective rear reference points.

The GSR can also be used to perform a one handed slide rack which may not be useful on a day to day basis but is a nice feature none the less. The optional charging handle is a nice addition that makes racking the slide very easy and takes away the chance of improper charging due to slipped grip. I had some concern that the charging handle would dig into my side while carrying in a holster but after trying it out I found it was short enough to not dig into my side or cause any issues at all.

If you are looking for an inexpensive, non-permanent alternative to Glock sight plates on the market this is the product for you. It is a sturdy and durable sight rail and is bound to suit your needs.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:50 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

hmmm,

7 posts total so far.

1 hello post and 6 gleaming review posts of SI products.

Maybe I missed the affiliation you made in a post ? Not sure, I do get suspicious of the typical "Hey look what I found on the internets" type post where no affiliation is stated.

So, why all the SI pitching? They have their own login here, couldn't they do it themselves ?
Old 05-30-2013, 1:02 PM

Hi Gogohopper, I have just started using Calguns because I am a Canadian resident and find it more beneficial to be a part of the Canadian gun forums. That being said I am trying to expand my "information sponge net" so I decided to become a member of this forum. To the point of the "6 gleaming" reviews I have just gotten into writing reviews and Strike Industries has been kind enough to let me try out some of their products. Is it so wrong that I truly enjoy their products and would like to respond in kind? I posted the reviews in the SI section of the forum so I didn't think I would be bothering anyone. Any other questions or comments?
Old 05-30-2013, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogohopper View Post
hmmm,

7 posts total so far.

1 hello post and 6 gleaming review posts of SI products.

Maybe I missed the affiliation you made in a post ? Not sure, I do get suspicious of the typical "Hey look what I found on the internets" type post where no affiliation is stated.

So, why all the SI pitching? They have their own login here, couldn't they do it themselves ?
We are always looking for people to review our products. Some reviewers may not have their own websites or blogs, so they will branch out and post on Calguns and other forums.

This banner has been on our website for quite some time and we appreciate everyone who has reached out to us.

Please show some respect for those who take the time out of their day to review our products and post them. The value of other people's opinions matter and we love listening to the end users so that we may continually improve our products.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg slide_23.jpg (93.5 KB, 48 views)

Contact us at info@strikeindustries.com

Now available through Cheaper Than Dirt, OC Armory, Rifle Gear, LA Police Gear, Operator Outfitters, and LifeLines Adventure Gear.
Old 05-30-2013, 1:43 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeinthesheets View Post
Hi Gogohopper, I have just started using Calguns because I am a Canadian resident and find it more beneficial to be a part of the Canadian gun forums. That being said I am trying to expand my "information sponge net" so I decided to become a member of this forum. To the point of the "6 gleaming" reviews I have just gotten into writing reviews and Strike Industries has been kind enough to let me try out some of their products. Is it so wrong that I truly enjoy their products and would like to respond in kind? I posted the reviews in the SI section of the forum so I didn't think I would be bothering anyone. Any other questions or comments?
No questions, I think I got it. Just a comment. :/

5 SI product reviews posted TODAY over a span of 13 minutes. Good cut&paste work. No affiliation mentioned at all, not even that you get them for free from SI. If that's the case IMHO your reviews would seem more credible if you mentioned you got the products for free, or at least the reader could grab some salt

No disrespect meant, or should be taken, by you or SI. Just be a bit more truthful next time.

Madeinthesheets
Last Activity: 05-30-2013 2:34 PM
Current Activity: Private Messaging

I see you are actively PM'ing. I was wondering how SI posted so quickly.
Old 05-30-2013, 1:48 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeIndustries View Post
We are always looking for people to review our products. Some reviewers may not have their own websites or blogs, so they will branch out and post on Calguns and other forums.

This banner has been on our website for quite some time and we appreciate everyone who has reached out to us.

Please show some respect for those who take the time out of their day to review our products and post them. The value of other people's opinions matter and we love listening to the end users so that we may continually improve our products.
If you can elaborate where respect was not shown I'd be interested to see it. I asked about a potential affiliation, with the vendor, from a clearly affiliated "reviewer". The OP should have shown some "respect" to potential readers intelligence concerning motives.

Again, this is not a comment on SI, nor the worthiness of the products. Just a suggestion that "reviewers" disclose affiliations with the "reviewie".
Old 05-30-2013, 2:08 PM

I didn't mean to pull the hood over any prospective "reviewie's" eyes. As I stated being new to writing reviews, I was not familiar with the need to state whether the products were free or not. Yes, I did receive some of the products for free but I have also paid for some SI products as well. I happen to like their products, if I didn't I would have said so in the review. No sweat off my brow giving negative reviews, but they SI products happen to work for me and I was just trying to share that. Also the fact that I was PM'ing was me responding to a message from SI saying sorry that as soon as I post, there is someone spouting negativity or calling me out like you did. This isn't really the kind of thing I was looking forward to dealing with then I joined Calguns. I hope we can all deem this "issue" or whatever it is done with and hope we can all get on with our days. My lesson is learned. I will be more thoughtful in respect to the needs of the people reading posts on this site.
Old 05-30-2013, 2:18 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeinthesheets View Post
I didn't mean to pull the hood over any prospective "reviewie's" eyes. As I stated being new to writing reviews, I was not familiar with the need to state whether the products were free or not. Yes, I did receive some of the products for free but I have also paid for some SI products as well. I happen to like their products, if I didn't I would have said so in the review. No sweat off my brow giving negative reviews, but they SI products happen to work for me and I was just trying to share that. Also the fact that I was PM'ing was me responding to a message from SI saying sorry that as soon as I post, there is someone spouting negativity or calling me out like you did. This isn't really the kind of thing I was looking forward to dealing with then I joined Calguns. I hope we can all deem this "issue" or whatever it is done with and hope we can all get on with our days. My lesson is learned. I will be more thoughtful in respect to the needs of the people reading posts on this site.

It's just a good practice to include any potential conflict or benefit when reviewing a product, especially in a non-paid setting. Remembering this will lend credibility to your future reviews, no matter the medium. I clearly have no official role on CG, nor do I play one on TV.

Guess I blew my chances of signing up with SI as a reviewer

I'm still gonna give that Glock buffer a try though.
Old 05-30-2013, 2:24 PM

Well none the less thank you for your constructive criticism. I'd still give SI a message about reviewing. You do articulate your points well. Have a good one and give a buffer a try for sure (any manufacturer *trying to be impartial*).
Old 05-30-2013, 2:25 PM
Veteran Member

any pics of it fully installed with a sight?

Old 05-30-2013, 2:28 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

VID
Old 05-30-2013, 2:30 PM

I will soon post a pic of a cheap Tasco red dot mounted to it. I am not fortunate enough to have a nice Trijicon sight for it yet.