Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Strike Industries / JTech Gear-REMOVED-
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 PM

Default SI Cobra trigger guard review.

Cobra Series trigger guard.

The Coba Series trigger guard by Strike Industries is one unique guard.
I decided to give this guard a try after now seeing anything new and innovative in the way of trigger guards for quite some time.

The main design feature of this guard is the Cobra style hood that protrude form either side (left only, right only and no fin also available).
This hood feature is most effective in my opinion being used as a straight finger rest, which I like when lining up my shots on my AR. While looking at the design I can see how the hood will be useful in keeping unwanted objects from entering the trigger guard, which will decrease the chance of an accidental discharge or being snagged.

While using the guard on my AR at the range I noticed something very nice while doing drills. I noticed while performing reloads there was a significant decrease in the pressure on my middle finger because I could plant my index finger on the hood and spread the stress. The last feature is the larger opening the Cobra guard creates which is great for shooting while using gloves, especially in cold weather with large gloves.

If youíre like most of us using stock or standard trigger guards I would definitely give these Cobra series guards a try. At $10.50 for two you really canít lose.