Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:04 AM

Default Boycott Staples?

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...r-contest.html
Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 AM
CGN Contributor

Never shopping at staples again.
-- I love the mythological significance given to Dum Dum Bullets. As if they're little tactical nukes, stacked up in "Assault Clips" ready to be "sprayfired" "from the hip" by pistol grip equipped "bullet hoses" instead of early variations of the softpoint bullets people have been using to take game with (and use for self-defense) for the last century.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 AM

Wow, that wasn't even subtle discrimination against 2A companies, that was just horrible. Boycott indeed, but I doubt it will do much.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by .30-06 View Post
Wow, that wasn't even subtle discrimination against 2A companies, that was just horrible. Boycott indeed, but I doubt it will do much.
it can add up across the country. I order tons of supplies for all my engineers from Staples. I will close my companies staples account and move it elsewhere. things like this can add up....thats at least 25k + a year
-- I love the mythological significance given to Dum Dum Bullets. As if they're little tactical nukes, stacked up in "Assault Clips" ready to be "sprayfired" "from the hip" by pistol grip equipped "bullet hoses" instead of early variations of the softpoint bullets people have been using to take game with (and use for self-defense) for the last century.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveohmike View Post
it can add up across the country. I order tons of supplies for all my engineers from Staples. I will close my companies staples account and move it elsewhere. things like this can add up....thats at least 25k + a year
good point
Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

This boycott stuff is out of control...

We'd have to almost not shop at all because nearly every single brand, chain and .com has had anti-gun tendencies in the past or the present.

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Boycott it is...

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.
Steve Symms, ex-U.S. Senator, Idaho

Old 05-30-2013, 11:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I didn't shop at Staples anyway. So this won't be a hard boycott.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 05-30-2013, 11:14 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Oh and let them know:
staplessoul@staples.com
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 05-30-2013, 11:15 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
Oh and let them know:
staplessoul@staples.com
Good call. I am going to draft a letter along with the account closure notice in the next couple of hours.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:16 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post

We'd have to almost not shop at all because nearly every single brand, chain and .com has had anti-gun tendencies in the past or the present.
We have to stick to our guns and speak with our wallets.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:

So be it. Expend a little time and effort to determine a company's political stance before spending your money. It is the only thing they will understand.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Good call. I am going to draft a letter along with the account closure notice in the next couple of hours.
Thank you sir.

Cisco
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Thanks. We order from Staples in my office too. No longer.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Just sent my email. I hope they get flooded:

staplessoul@staples.com
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
And what if every single business, company, .com and chain in the nation decided to go anti-gun overnight all at once?

I see it as a valiant, but vain effort.

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
CGN Contributor

Anyone know if Office Depot or Costco are anti-gunners?

And PS, thank god our CEO for a Silicon Valley security company is pro-gun. I just showed him that article and gave me the "Good job" for starting to move accounts
Old 05-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Oh and let them know:
staplessoul@staples.com

E-mail sent...

Quote:
Sirs –

Recently saw that you prohibited a law abiding business from participating in your so called contest.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/staples-says-gun-store-cant-enter-contest.html

While it is your right to exclude whomever you wish, it is also my right to cease ever doing business with your firm again.

Regards,

In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Oh and let them know:
staplessoul@staples.com
From where did you get their e-mail?
I looked on their site and all I could come up with was their Contact us page.

Oh I did just find this:
Customer Service
1–800–3STAPLE
support@orders.staples.com

Corporate Information
500 Staples Drive
Framingham, MA 01702
508–253–5000

Some more info.
Leadership team

Media contacts
"The 'Spray and Pray' system advances triumphantly in law enforcement. In a recent case in a southwestern city...a police officer, when threatened with a handgun, emptied his 15 shot pistol at his would-be assailant, achieving two peripheral hits. The citizen was charged with brandishing a firearm, but the cop was not charged with anything, lousy shooting not being a diciplinary offense."
--- Jeff Cooper, June 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2
Put you link where your opinion is.

Last edited by EM2; 05-30-2013 at 11:36 AM..
Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 AM

I'll be going elsewhere with my money.
Nice move staples, i hope it was worth it.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:49 AM
CGN Contributor

For anyone who does not have a business account manager:

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/progr...e/contact.html
Staples Corporate Office
500 Staples Dr.
Framingham, MA 01702

custrel2@staples.com

1-800-333-3330
1-800-378-2753

corporate number 1-800-338-0252 x4
Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
CGN Contributor

And as I am a man of my word, my email just sent to our account manager, with the blessing of our CEO:

Andria,

As you know ***** ****** has been a loyal customer of Staples for the last 3 1/2 years. During this time frame we have purchased $103,000.00 worth of supplies, furniture, tablets and computers. We expect our business to triple of the next 3 years as we have discussed previously.

It has recently come to our attention that Staples polices are anti-2nd amendment, and anti-liberty, the very things which allow Staples to remain in business. These go against the fundamental principles of the United States, and that of our organization.

The reason for this is this news article, plus other events:

We can no longer continue to do business with an organization that undermines the integrity of this Country to the extent at which Staples has, along with our other outstanding issues with your accounts teams.

As such we will be closing our business account, cancelling our outstanding orders ($7,200 worth), and moving our accounts to one of your competitors who are less inclined to lump a legitimate business, a constitutional amendment, and a large portion of the US in the same category as drug dealers. This is both a business decision and a personal decision from ***** management.

Please get the payoff balance, the closing documents for the business account, and the order cancellations in ASAP as will not pay any outstanding invoices that have yet to be delivered as of May 30th, 2013.

Thank you,

Michael ******
Technical Operations Manager
Old 05-30-2013, 11:55 AM
CGN Contributor

I will say this was not the ONLY reason for the move, but the straw that broke the camels back.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:57 AM
Calguns Addict

I printed the story and will be bringing it in to my local Staples and citing the reason I can longer shop there by giving them the printed story.

“In a state where corruption abounds, laws must be very numerous.”
Publius Cornelius Scipio

Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem
"I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery"
Count Palatine of Posen
Old 05-30-2013, 11:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
And what if every single business, company, .com and chain in the nation decided to go anti-gun overnight all at once?

Then someone will fill the void. That's how market works.
Originally Posted by SJgunguy24 View Post
Some people are so open minded, their brains have fallen out.

WTB: Saiga .223 bolt; HK G3 bolt; Chinese AK pistol grips; milled AK cut receiver pieces and stubs.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2 View Post
From where did you get their e-mail?
I looked on their site and all I could come up with was their Contact us page.
There was a 'contact us' button in the top nav of one of their customer service pages. That's the email I posted.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Ordo Militaris Templi
CGN Contributor

Quote:
And as I am a man of my word, my email just sent to our account manager, with the blessing of our CEO:

Andria,

As you know ***** ****** has been a loyal customer of Staples for the last 3 1/2 years. During this time frame we have purchased $103,000.00 worth of supplies, furniture, tablets and computers. We expect our business to triple of the next 3 years as we have discussed previously.

It has recently come to our attention that Staples polices are anti-2nd amendment, and anti-liberty, the very things which allow Staples to remain in business. These go against the fundamental principles of the United States, and that of our organization.

We can no longer continue to do business with an organization that undermines the integrity of this Country to the extent at which Staples has, along with our other outstanding issues with your accounts teams.

As such we will be closing our business account, cancelling our outstanding orders ($7,200 worth), and moving our accounts to one of your competitors who are less inclined to lump a legitimate business, a constitutional amendment, and a large portion of the US in the same category as drug dealers. This is both a business decision and a personal decision from ***** management.

Please get the payoff balance, the closing documents for the business account, and the order cancellations in ASAP as will not pay any outstanding invoices that have yet to be delivered as of May 30th, 2013.

Thank you,

Michael ******
Excellent!

That should get their attention. Let us know how they respond.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Oh and let them know:
staplessoul@staples.com
Thank you for the email address. I shop at Staples frequently. I have asked that they confirm or deny that they discriminate against legal firearms businesses. I also told them that if they do, I will not shop with a store that is bigoted against me and my fellow gun owners.

One email won't get them to react, they need to receive a lot from around the country.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:07 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgyusa View Post
Thank you for the email address. I shop at Staples frequently. I have asked that they confirm or deny that they discriminate against legal firearms businesses. I also told them that if they do, I will not shop with a store that is bigoted against me and my fellow gun owners.

One email won't get them to react, they need to receive a lot from around the country.
Unnecessary, just go to their facebook page and click the official rules for their promotion. Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/staples/app_442065505885160
Old 05-30-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:

Andria,

Thank you,

Michael ******
Outstanding!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm all for personal boycotts but if your really want to get Staples attention then write your local legislator and insist that they boycott.

This probably won't go over in some parts or California but if we could get entire state entities or cities to drop Staples, that would send a very strong message.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:18 PM
CGN Contributor

WOW! Fast response

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:17 PM
To: Michael ****
Cc: ****.*****@staples.com
Subject: ***** Account Closure Notice

Michael,

I apologize as I was a bit surprised by this email given our past correspondence and the issues that we rectified. I do understand that corporate policies are just that and are things that we have to abide by. I did show this email to my manager and we have come up with what we hope is a compromise that would allow ***** to be retained as a Staples customer

We want to extend a 0% interest rate on your account for the next 12 months to retain your business.

We have had a long outstanding relationship with your organization and wish it to continue further. Please let me know if this is acceptable.

Sincerely,

Andria ******
Executive Account Manager
*redacted contact info*
Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM
CGN Contributor

Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:23 PM
To: Andria.******@staples.com
Subject: RE: ***** Account Closure Notice
Andria,

Thank you for getting back to us promptly. While the offer is generous, at this time we are not interested in retaining our account. Please get all documentation together, along with the order cancellations and I will have them signed, scanned and emailed back to you by EOB today.
Thank you,

Michael ******
Old 05-30-2013, 12:31 PM

I just emailed my account executive as well. Told them I will be moving my business to a more constitutionally supportive vendor. We spend about 20k a year with these bastards. Lets see..
Old 05-30-2013, 12:32 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegamettt View Post
I just emailed my account executive as well. Told them I will be moving my business to a more constitutionally supportive vendor. We spend about 20k a year with these bastards. Lets see..
Lets see if you get the same offer, or hopefully the same office as our account exec

They will **** a brick.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 1:23 PM
To: Andria.******@staples.com
Subject: RE: ***** Account Closure Notice
Andria,

Thank you for getting back to us promptly. While the offer is generous, at this time we are not interested in retaining our account. Please get all documentation together, along with the order cancellations and I will have them signed, scanned and emailed back to you by EOB today.
Thank you,

Michael ******
Haha nice!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Lets see if you get the same offer, or hopefully the same office as our account exec

They will **** a brick.

HAH, we're out either way, just showed my pro gun CEO. I just want to see them sht a brick.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:38 PM

Kudos Fiveohmike! I don't spend enough to get their attention, but I wrote a similar letter and hope they realize our money is as good as anyone's.

Walnut media for bright brass
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=621214
Old 05-30-2013, 12:44 PM

this was one of the companies backed by Mitt Romney during his VC days...

they must have lost their mind with this policy:

"Entry contains content that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; or endorses any form of hate or hate group.”

but being HQ in MA, it shouldn't be a suprise.

Bye, bye, Staples!
Old 05-30-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:

It'd be time to mover to Russia.

Will not buy ****e from these leftists tards.

sailor