Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 06-16-2013, 8:35 AM
Likes Puppy Chow or Ammo
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbohatch View Post
Hey everyone I started a showing in Van Nuys at the Regency Van Nuys Plant 16. The soonest date I could get was July 18th @ 730. I hope everyone in the San Fernando Valley can make it. Also they wanted to know if we had any special events planned, any ideas? Maybe Calguns can set up a booth or something? let me know

Link and details? Start a new post over in the main Assaulted forum with the link. I searched that theater you mentioned and all I got was "this movie releases June 20"
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 AM

The confirmed showing in San Jose expanded with more seating available. 117 going, 103 seats available. Showing is at AMC Saratoga 14 on June 20, 7:30 pm. $12 general. Buy tickets here: http://www.tugg.com/events/4466. See ya there.

Help the Calguns Foundation with every Amazon.com purchase. Click on this LINK before putting items in the shopping cart to earmark up to 25% to the foundation. TIP: Replace your browser's Amazon bookmark with http://Shop42A.com.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Hey everyone here is the link for the Van Nuys showing.

http://www.tugg.com/events/4558
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM

On a side note work has been super crazy lately . I have 2 tickets to the showing in Burbank tomorrow and I can not attend. If anyone would like to buy them from me they were $24. We can do paypal or meet in SCV.
Old 06-20-2013, 2:52 PM

Any ideas on when you will be shipping out the copies to the people that helped with your kickstarter campaigns? I wish i could make a screening but i am stuck at work
Old 06-20-2013, 3:09 PM

I have two extra tickets for tonight's Burbank showing if anyone needs some.
Old 06-20-2013, 6:14 PM
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor

Anyone know if there will be a Ventura/Oxnard area screening?

-178S
Old 06-20-2013, 6:30 PM
Banned

The Crest Theater in Sac is filling up. We even got free movie posters! Come on!
Old 06-20-2013, 7:12 PM
#1 Bull Goose Loony
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by One78Shovel View Post
Anyone know if there will be a Ventura/Oxnard area screening?

-178S
Here's a link to the Tugg Site. Many showings started about half an hour ago, but not all of them.

http://www.tugg.com/titles/assaulted...hts-under-fire
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 06-20-2013, 8:30 PM
Veteran Member

Good movie

When do we get the DVD?
Old 06-20-2013, 8:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Awesome movie! The Bakersfield showing turned out enough people and interest that there might be a second showing. Some time down the road.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTp View Post
So if you do ban me you will hear from my lawyer as to why you think you can violate peoples civil rights
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosinnagantm9130 View Post
Oh for ****s sake, now there are two of them.This is the type of **** anti's point to when they want to make us all look crazy.
Old 06-20-2013, 8:49 PM

Just got back from the movie and it was EXCELLENT. Powerful, and yet not overpowering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Where is this ammo "Black market" he speaks of? Do they have .223 in stock?
My Home-Made Recurve Bow Thread

Own An 80%? CLICK HERE!

Kevin de Leon, on minority women and profiling.
Old 06-20-2013, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

Congratulations are in order to those that created this! Bravo!

There was a technical issue at our theater (San Jose) that caused an audio echo, but it didn't detract from the experience.

I was also quite surprised to see myself chatting with Wash in the blurry background behind Tboyer.

It was also quite interesting to see many familiar faces in the big screen. (Hi all!)

I really liked the focus on the racial roots, then progression to the oppression of the poor inner city folks. Many gun related things skip those completely and show only the rich white folks and the criminals and nobody in between.

Overall it was quite well done, and a good counterpoint to the deluge of anti-gun media...

This event was also a good counterpoint to the depressing daily task of fighting bad legislation.

Again, bravo to all involved!
Old 06-20-2013, 9:07 PM

Small but enthusiastic turn out in Burbank.
Really good movie.
I wish more of my friends could have attended.
Well done and congratulations to all involved.
RW
Old 06-21-2013, 2:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Reviews.

Gunnies: I'm interested in your thoughts. If you brought a non.gunny, I''m especially interested in their impressions..

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 06-21-2013, 2:01 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdberger View Post
Reviews.

Gunnies: I'm interested in your thoughts. If you brought a non.gunny, I''m especially interested in their impressions..
Shooter and gun owner for many years (independent/libertarian) and contributed twice to the Kickstarter Event. I applaud all the effort that went into the film but for me I think it missed the mark.

One of the long term gun owners (libertarian) that went with us thought the movie was generally well done and he thought that the inclusion of all the racial context would convince some liberals to reconsider their position on gun control.

The two moderate gun owners (one moderate democrat and one independent) and one serious gun owner (conservative republican) that went with our group thought it was an interesting documentary film and enjoyed the history but didn't think it would change the mind of most people who are sitting on the fence.

The one "non-gun" person (democrat) in our group has always expressed an interest in learning more about shooting as well as gun-control issues. He is the standard non-gun person with a lot of incorrect information. He thought the movie was good and had useful information but it didn't sway him one way or the other to any large degree.

Hope this is helpful and all comments are intended to be constructive, not disparaging.
Old 06-21-2013, 4:08 PM
Calguns Addict

I was glad to see that the movie addressed the racial tension around gun ownership as well as the importance of ownership of a firearm for self preservation against any aggressor.

A friend that went with us really thought the 911 call recording further highlighted the need of a firearm for self protection. He pointed out that if the robber could withstand up to 3 shots from a firearm then what could the would be victim be able to do with a lesser weapon.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTp View Post
So if you do ban me you will hear from my lawyer as to why you think you can violate peoples civil rights
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosinnagantm9130 View Post
Oh for ****s sake, now there are two of them.This is the type of **** anti's point to when they want to make us all look crazy.
Old 06-21-2013, 9:32 PM
Banned

That Sheriff/GI story was pretty intense. Glad to see the GIs won. (White flag)
Old 06-23-2013, 6:55 PM

Just got back from watching it in Orange. About 15 people in the theater.

Good movie. Didn't tell me anything much I didn't already know, but that's not a suprise for most of us because we haven't been brainwashed by the MSM or who have otherwise buried their head in the sand not even wanting to know the facts.

The trick would be to get those who are on the fence about 2A or gun control in to see it.

Worthwhile movie. Especially if you can get a "fence sitter" to go with you.
Old 07-01-2013, 6:50 PM

Gave two tickets to a non gun owner. He and his girlfriend really enjoyed it. He stated that everyone should see it. The movie in combination with the FPC firearm giveaway flyers worked well in getting him involved in the fight. He started sending opposition letters the next day. Was upset on how ridiculous the bills are.

Cisco
Old 07-01-2013, 11:38 PM

The Assaulted trailer is on xfinity On Demand
Old 07-03-2013, 9:27 AM
Veteran Member

When will DVD 's be available for purchase?
Old 07-03-2013, 9:29 AM
#1 Bull Goose Loony

Yes!

DVDs! There are many who I can share a DVD with and discuss the issues who turn down the chance to go see a movie.
CA Legislature Bill Search - http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...chClient.xhtml
C D Michel, lots of reporting on current CA Legislation - http://www.calgunlaws.com
Second Amendment Foundation - http://www.saf.org
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
When will DVD 's be available for purchase?
About 3 months. Distributor rules. There's a post up above that explains it.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 07-19-2013, 10:51 AM

My wife and I went to see the movie last night and thought it was great. Although there was information in there I have heard many times before, I thought it was presented in a very succinct manner and I learned a few new things, especially with regard to minorities. I did not expect that there would be such a focus on minorities when speaking about gun control but it made a lot of sense. The great thing was that it seemed to help dispel the myth that all gun advocates are crazy white men and gave good perspective.

That said, the one negative comment I got from my wife..."Why did they have to put Ted Nugent in there, he's an idiot." I think hardcore gun owners "get" him but those who are anti-gun or on the fence see him as the type that they are trying to protect against.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Made in the USA

^^^ tell her to listen to "Double Live Gonzo"...

If that doesn't make you a fan of Uncle Ted, nothing will

Ted Nugent for President!
Old 07-19-2013, 11:35 AM
#BlackLabsMatter
CGN Contributor

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeon2whls View Post
My wife and I went to see the movie last night and thought it was great. Although there was information in there I have heard many times before, I thought it was presented in a very succinct manner and I learned a few new things, especially with regard to minorities. I did not expect that there would be such a focus on minorities when speaking about gun control but it made a lot of sense. The great thing was that it seemed to help dispel the myth that all gun advocates are crazy white men and gave good perspective.

That said, the one negative comment I got from my wife..."Why did they have to put Ted Nugent in there, he's an idiot." I think hardcore gun owners "get" him but those who are anti-gun or on the fence see him as the type that they are trying to protect against.
It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife last night.
LOL, I can see your wife saying that! I kinda sorta have to agree with her, he can run his mouth a bit too much sometimes. Also, the fact he has been caught illegally hunting hurts his image as a good spokesperson for 2A rights, IMHO.
Agreed, most of the info I had learned before, but I never had heard of the 'Battle of Athens'.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 PM

but i have never seen this movie how's this movie never listen about this movie also
Old 07-31-2013, 9:46 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Still have not seen this film. Any idea on a dvd release date?
Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 AM

All...there is a small chain of theaters called iPic and they offer upscale movie watching...full bar, food, etc. with recliners in the theater. The best part is that you can rent the theater and have events there with any film that has been released. What better to watch the movie and have some drinks/food in the process? The tickets aren't much more than standard theaters...but the food is a bit pricey. That said, another fun way to get people out to watch the movie.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeon2whls View Post
All...there is a small chain of theaters called iPic and they offer upscale movie watching...full bar, food, etc. with recliners in the theater. The best part is that you can rent the theater and have events there with any film that has been released. What better to watch the movie and have some drinks/food in the process? The tickets aren't much more than standard theaters...but the food is a bit pricey. That said, another fun way to get people out to watch the movie.
You can arrange a screening through Tugg.com

Oct 1st for DVD/BluRay release
Old 08-22-2013, 6:17 PM

I'm trying to lock in a showing at the AMC 12 in La Jolla for September 11th. I need to meet a minimum of 67. I'm at 57 right now. The event link is http://www.tugg.com/go/pnmdt7
Old 08-31-2013, 2:32 AM

When are the kick starters suppose to get our DVD copies? Received the shirt and ball cap but still waiting on the DVD.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptybottle151 View Post
When are the kick starters suppose to get our DVD copies? Received the shirt and ball cap but still waiting on the DVD.
Kris posted the answer here - http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...72&postcount=1 - starting to ship Oct 1.

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 10-01-2013, 1:36 PM
Veteran Member

Just finished watching the HD download. I thought it was pretty good. It could have used some more discussion from the "other side" and some debating would have also made it better.

So whats next?

www.appleseedinfo.org

"Everyone has a plan, till they get punched in the face." -Mike Tyson
Old 05-09-2014, 4:55 PM

Just watched this on hulu. Really enjoyed it, thank you to all the the people responsible for making and promoting this film. The best parts for me were the historical summaries of gun control legislation. However, at 23:57 the narrator introduces Bobby Seal and Huey Newton, but the images are both of Huey Newton. Did not diminish my appreciation for the film but with history accuracy is important. Thank you again.
Old 05-09-2014, 7:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I wasn't impressed. After all the hype surrounding this film, I thought it fell far short of being effective.
Old 05-11-2014, 8:04 AM

I watched it last night. I thought it was pretty good. They did a good job of staying "in the middle". If there was any agenda (other than historical value) for this film, it failed. Like SaltyGodUSMC said, "it fell far short of being effective."

On the other hand, it was very well done and something even the Anti's could watch and have difficulties tearing apart.

I thought one of the better parts was the 911 caller who ended up shooting the intruder. In an interview with an Anti, they said good for her. We support that, but that is not normal, so we need to take away all guns!