Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 3:59 PM

Default Chino Hills: Residence Phone No Longer Accepted As Proof of Residency?

Anyone else experience that a residence phone bill is no longer accepted as secondary proof of residency at the Chino Hills Turners location? It happened to me a couple months ago when I did a PPT with a fellow Calgun-ner, markmit4570,...I chalked it up to they were just giving us a difficult time for their amusement. However, I overheard it again today as I was walking by the gun counter while buying some supplies. Is anyone else running into this selective acceptence of proof of residency anywhere else?

Last edited by Vin63; 05-17-2013 at 4:15 PM..
Old 05-17-2013, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Mmmmmm!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 4:54 PM

I ask because I have most of my bills and vehicle registrations sent to my business address...a precaution that was suggested after an identity theft ordeal several years ago from home mail being stolen. If this is the case going forward, I'll need to update the address on one of the other home services.
Old 05-17-2013, 4:59 PM

I've heard of Cell phone bills as no go, but residence phone bills with Residence address were GTG. Has anything changed? What better proof of residence than your residence phone bill? It's a utility with proof of residency.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:01 PM

it has to be a landline to your residence, not a cell bill what i heard.
"The gun has played a critical role in history...an invention that has been both praised and denounced...served hero and villain alike...and carries with it moral responsibility. To better understand the gun is to better understand history."
Old 05-18-2013, 5:50 AM

Yep...it clearly notes on my Verizon statement that it's for a "Residence Line" and "Inside Wire Maintenance FiOS." No indication of any wireless service. Luckily, I was driving the one vehicle that is still registered to the home address that day and ran out to the car and grabbed that. But, I was in the process of moving that registration to my business address, too. I hate these arbitrary hoops that we have to jump through...it's tough enough dealing with state and city restrictions, but also dealing with the FFLs in these instances is twice as bad.
Old 05-18-2013, 9:33 AM

I would venture a guess that the salesperson didn't read, care to read, or acknowledge the fact that it is for a landline.
Old 05-18-2013, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshortone View Post
I would venture a guess that the salesperson didn't read, care to read, or acknowledge the fact that it is for a landline.
After I pointed out the residence line statement, he said that they (the store) had a meeting and were told by management that they could not longer accept phone bills even though it was for a land line. At the time, I just chalked it up to him wanting to get some amusement out of me jumping through more hoops, but I heard it again yesterday. It's just frustrating dealing with the people behind the gun counter over there.
Old 05-18-2013, 6:55 PM

Don't You Pay DWP, Use That Bill
Old 05-19-2013, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickracen View Post
Don't You Pay DWP, Use That Bill
The point of my question/thread was Turners no longer accepting residence phone statements as a proof of residency even though it is listed as an accepted proof of residency by Cal DOJ. As I mentioned earlier, I have just about all of the hardcopy bills mailed to my business address, and they will not accept it with a different mailing address...which counters Turner's argument for not accepting residence phone statements.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 PM

Was it your Bill or just the payment stub?I have seen some Verizon bills that do not have the address anywhere except on the pay stub/where it is mailed.

On a side note was the customer that you were walking by trying to use the phone bill for a Proof of Residency or a Change of Address???? Since I have moved I now have to show that my address on my licence has changed and since the Brown DMV card no longer works I have to show a Govt. issued document or city/county issued utility bill. Maybe that is whats going on?
Old 06-07-2013, 5:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep_color View Post
Was it your Bill or just the payment stub?I have seen some Verizon bills that do not have the address anywhere except on the pay stub/where it is mailed.

On a side note was the customer that you were walking by trying to use the phone bill for a Proof of Residency or a Change of Address???? Since I have moved I now have to show that my address on my licence has changed and since the Brown DMV card no longer works I have to show a Govt. issued document or city/county issued utility bill. Maybe that is whats going on?
That is possible.
A payment stub, late fee, notice, etc does not work. It must be a "bill". Period.