Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Old 05-18-2013, 1:18 AM

Good morning to all of the night owl CalGunners,

I have finally made it through the PM list and sent responses to all of your inquiries, processed all order requests. If you are expecting an invoice from me, but don't see it in your Inbox, please check your spam folder. If its not there either, I may need to confirm that I have your correct email address.

Thanks again for all of the great responses and for your feedback. This has been a great group of CG'ers! I am checking with the guys back at TR as to the status of the pictures and the 308 lowers. I will post info as soon as it comes in.

I will keep working on the 7075 option with them as well. Since we will be waiting for a while on that info, I'm only bugging them about progress every week or so. I really want them to focus on the gen 2 rollout and the new 308 lowers (the 308's are going to be DPMS style lowers).

If I missed anyone's question, please resend or repost. I don't want anybody feeling like they are being snubbed here.

Have a fantastic weekend folks!
Charlie

While build parties are on hold for now, please PM or email me for info on private machining appointments.

The 308 80% lowers Group Buy has begun. Click HERE for details.

Now in stock stripped AR15 Multi-Cal Rifle Lowers now in Escondido. Just $145 for CG members. ** Build pic contest just added! Winners get free pmag kits! See them here.

Please support the Wounded Marine Fund
Old 05-18-2013, 10:02 AM

For engraving artwork, is there a template or maximum dimensions for logos? Does text include mode/serial, manufacturer name/location, and safe/fire area?
Old 05-18-2013, 1:33 PM

I'm in for 20 pieces if u change the trigger part to 80percent type lower look...
Old 05-18-2013, 2:56 PM

Tagged
Old 05-18-2013, 4:50 PM

Any pics of these new gen 2 lowers yet?
Old 05-18-2013, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrex View Post
For engraving artwork, is there a template or maximum dimensions for logos? Does text include mode/serial, manufacturer name/location, and safe/fire area?
The logos will be sized to fit the lowers as I lay each one out. If you have an intricate logo, especially in jpg format, it is best to send it to me in the largest size that you have. You will then be assured of maintains the detail when sizing for your lower.

The std text includes:
On magwell:
Model
Caliber
Serial

Above the trigger guard:
Mfg name
Fire/safe (or any custom version like Pew/No Pew, Bang/No bang, or bullet engravings.

I can mark on bare metal or on coated parts. When engraving on coated parts, you can have me perform a surface engraving or cut straight through and deep engrave (commonly done for color fill projects). Please indicate your preference when ordering.

Please let me know if you need further details on the engraving.

Thanks again,
Charlie

While build parties are on hold for now, please PM or email me for info on private machining appointments.

Now in stock stripped AR15 Multi-Cal Rifle Lowers now in Escondido. Just $145 for CG members. ** Build pic contest just added! Winners get free pmag kits! See them here.

Old 05-18-2013, 5:31 PM

Sorry no pics yet. The guys are trying to get the trigger guard finalized. I will check in with them tonight. I will keep everyone posted.

Charlie

Old 05-19-2013, 12:03 AM

interested in 7075 prices and 308 Lowers.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:20 AM

taggggg
Old 05-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Veteran Member

Also interested in 7075 prices and 308 Lower.
Old 05-19-2013, 5:48 PM

Tag
Old 05-20-2013, 9:33 AM

Do you sell original design not Billet?
Old 05-20-2013, 9:53 AM

Bollero,

I'm not sure I understand your question... but I will give it my best shot.

All gen 1 lowers from TR are sold out and are not being produced at this time. Therefore neither I nor the factory are accepting orders for them. The gen 1 lowers have always been billet aluminum, so if you are asking for a forged version of the gen 1 lower, that is physically impossible since neither of us own a foundry or create the industrial molds required for molding molten aluminum. Please no more custom requests Bollero. I welcome you to join in on the group buy, but I again, it is for the 6061 TR gen 2 lowers.

Thanks,
Charlie

Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 AM

Good morning all,

Just a couple of quick updates.

1. The aluminum stock that TR ordered for production is arriving at the factory this afternoon. That means that the can cut the new prototype tomorrow and evaluated for production. I was told the photos of the final gen 2 lower will be here by Wednesday morning. Also, their quoted delivery timing is looking good since they will be starting full production later this week.

2. The first group of lowers is just flew right past 100 pcs. over this weekend. I am still holding out closing group 1 and opening up group 2 so that I can receive payment from a few members. I am meeting a few members to pick up payment today, but I have not heard from a few members since they placed their orders. Please send your payments today if you have already placed your orders. I am can hold group one open a little longer, but would prefer not to.
There is a pretty decent chance that if I can close group 1 by tomorrow and get rolling on group 2, that the two shipments would arrive within 2 days of each other.

I will be back with more updates as I get them.

Charlie

Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

PM Sent.. thanks
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'
Old 05-20-2013, 11:06 AM

Be careful on getting too many group buys at once. See too many others on here go south.

I'd like to see some pics of production myself. I'm in for 4 once pictures are posted

Storm Lake Conversion Barrel. XD357SIG - $100
Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 AM

tagged for 7075 info.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 AM

^ What Smoke said.
Old 05-20-2013, 2:01 PM
Veteran Member

I'm already in for one and might get a few more once I see pictures..
Old 05-20-2013, 8:37 PM

Smile Picture?

When will you be able to post pictures? and is there a delivery date for the lowers. I paid by Paypal and they only cover 45 days.
Old 05-20-2013, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

not a black rifle guy but at a fair price for both lower and engraving i am interested in one for a pistol build once pics of gen 2 are available
Old 05-20-2013, 11:44 PM

Good evening CalGunners!

I have fantastic news straight from the guys at the factory! The ORIGINAL TR ENABLING ENHANCED TRIGGER GUARD IS BACK. Yes, after much debate, the guys had to back to the design that got them started. I have touched a couple of pics to show the overall design. One photo is from the factory site, the other is from a user here on CalGuns.
It the factory pic is one that I altered to remove the fire/safe markings. The new lowers will not have any markings from the factory.

The second image is the same gen 1 lower that has been bead blasted. While this isn't exactly what a vibra polished lower looks like when it comes out of the tumbler, but is very close.

I was assured that actual pics are coming over within 24 hours, but I figured these pics will get you guys a taste of what is to come.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 AM

PM sent.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 AM

JDunn, we hold see the first shipment of lowers on our dock by 6/14/13. Ano and engraving orders should start shipping the following week. Standard lowers will begin shipping immediately.

Have a great night!
Charlie

Old 05-21-2013, 6:49 AM

tagged...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-21-2013, 7:31 AM

Thanks to everyone tagging for more info.

Thanks also to smoke and Danomite for the words of wisdom. I will take your advise. I will likely close this group buy before starting the 308 group buy.

I have responded to all PMs. Please don't forget to use the blue text section of the first post as your guideline when sending me your orders. Once I receive that info, I process am invoice that gets emailed immediately. You can use that invoice to make your online payment. I accept the most common online payment method and credit cards with a processing fee as well as money orders. If mailing your payment, please include a copy of your invoice with your money order.

Thanks again,
Charlie

Old 05-21-2013, 9:01 AM

Hi Charlie -

I have one of the older lowers from your last group buy. Do you have a source for tumbled or bead-blast finish for the lowers that still have the machine marks on them? Would like to do that before I get anodized.

Also in for the 308!

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 AM

Pm sent & replied to.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 1:02 PM

PM Sent
Old 05-21-2013, 9:56 PM

Thanks for all of the PM's guys. I have just made it through the last of them for the evening.

TDS-03,
Yes sir. My plating shop actually bead blasts all of the lowers prior to anodizing. They did a fantastic job of getting out the machine marks. The ano on my TR lowers looks amazing.
If you want to swing by my machining day this weekend, I will hit your lower with some 800 then 1200 grit sandpaper while we are standing around the shop. I can clean off those marks in about 10 minutes. That way you can have a little more piece of mind when anodizing. Just PM if you want to come down. I will give you the shop address.

Thanks again everyone for making this such a successful group by. Orders keep on coming in.

The guys at the factory did confirm receipt of the stock for our production orders. I expect pics in the morning. I will get them posted asap, but tomorrow is a busy day, so please be patient.

I also posted this pic in the first post. This is a shot of the raw and anodized lowers that I did the test engraving on. The anodized lower has been surface engraved. It produces either a gray or grayish white engraving depending on how many passes you do on the engraving.

I will be in touch. Have a great night my people! Damn it's good to be a part of such a big gun community! You guys have been fantastic.

Charlie

Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Charlie View Post
Thanks for all of the PM's guys. I have just made it through the last of them for the evening.

TDS-03,
Yes sir. My plating shop actually bead blasts all of the lowers prior to anodizing. They did a fantastic job of getting out the machine marks. The ano on my TR lowers looks amazing.
If you want to swing by my machining day this weekend, I will hit your lower with some 800 then 1200 grit sandpaper while we are standing around the shop. I can clean off those marks in about 10 minutes. That way you can have a little more piece of mind when anodizing. Just PM if you want to come down. I will give you the shop address.

Thanks again everyone for making this such a successful group by. Orders keep on coming in.

The guys at the factory did confirm receipt of the stock for our production orders. I expect pics in the morning. I will get them posted asap, but tomorrow is a busy day, so please be patient.

I also posted this pic in the first post. This is a shot of the raw and anodized lowers that I did the test engraving on. The anodized lower has been surface engraved. It produces either a gray or grayish white engraving depending on how many passes you do on the engraving.

I will be in touch. Have a great night my people! Damn it's good to be a part of such a big gun community! You guys have been fantastic.

Charlie

Ohhrahh Charlie!!

Hey quick question, do you guys have jigs for QD 15 or QD 10??
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 PM

Oorah Ants!

It's nice to see you here again sir. We have jigs to accomodate the QD lowers (both sizes). We have custom jugs, not the QD jigs. The lowers finish perfectly our jigs too.

Please let me know when you want to come down. This Saturday is now full (I just took in one last standbyD10).
the next date should be 6/8/13 which is right around the corner. If you want to do the QD10 the same day, it would be great if you came in early (or first even). We could get the table pre-set for the QD-10, the swap it back over to AR15 lowers for the rest of the day. It just decreases teardown and setup times.

Thanks again!
Charlie

Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 PM

We'll be in touch good sir

might want some engraving done as well..

Just curious where are you located? not too far from fallbrook right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4Charlie View Post
Oorah Ants!

It's nice to see you here again sir. We have jigs to accomodate the QD lowers (both sizes). We have custom jugs, not the QD jigs. The lowers finish perfectly our jigs too.

Please let me know when you want to come down. This Saturday is now full (I just took in one last standbyD10).
the next date should be 6/8/13 which is right around the corner. If you want to do the QD10 the same day, it would be great if you came in early (or first even). We could get the table pre-set for the QD-10, the swap it back over to AR15 lowers for the rest of the day. It just decreases teardown and setup times.

Thanks again!
Charlie
Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 PM

I will do most of my engraving at my home shop in Fallbrook so that I can get the group buy lowers out faster. Then once this and the 308 buy are done, I will take it down to my own shop in Claremont Mesa.

I'd love to get you on the engraving list. I've got some really great requests now. The dedication lowers that I'm doing for people are really going to be amazing. I wish my new laser was in already... I'm anxious to get fired up.

Charlie

Old 05-22-2013, 7:06 AM

Question sent
Old 05-22-2013, 1:25 PM

Hi Guys,

All PM's have been replied to as of 2PM.

By the way, if anyone wants standard type logos such as the CalGuns logo, EGA, Navy Jack, Gadsden Flag, etc. I already have that artwork on hand and ready to engrave.
If you just want Fire/Safe engraved and no other text, I will do those marks for a $8 flat charge.

Thanks again!
Charlie

Old 05-22-2013, 1:26 PM

PM sent
Old 05-22-2013, 1:33 PM

Charlie,

Some ppl like to colorfill their logo or text or whatever engraving they get. Will this be deep enough to accomplish that?
Old 05-22-2013, 1:49 PM

Too late to grab a couple? Just came across this.

PX4 subcompact
XDM 3.8
Old 05-22-2013, 2:16 PM

Hi Ants,

Yes, I will be cutting deep enough to make a fantastic looking color filled engraving.

Thanks for asking!

trl707 ,
You are not too late sir. I should be able to hold the group buy open for another week, maybe two. I will put a notice up with a date that the group buy will close on the first thread once I have it.
Please send the details of your order over via PM.

Thanks,
Charlie