Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 11-15-2007, 9:14 AM

Default anyone know about this cleaning kit?

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...TOKEN=92374187

well it would be for all my guns and for whenever i get an AR upper (would be shooting steel cased ammo as stated in a diff thread) would this kit be good enough for that? is there anything else i might need that the kit doesn't come with? if so links would help.

thanks
Old 11-15-2007, 9:33 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxG3xx View Post
http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...TOKEN=92374187

well it would be for all my guns and for whenever i get an AR upper (would be shooting steel cased ammo as stated in a diff thread) would this kit be good enough for that? is there anything else i might need that the kit doesn't come with? if so links would help.

thanks
Looks like overkill to me.

I am partial to M-Pro 7 cleaning products (which is why I sell them -- I used them for 7 or so years before I picked up the line myself). Hoppes ELITE products are the same thing [slightly tweaked formulas] made by the same company and can be substituted.

Boresnakes for the road and a good rod at home and some M-Pro 7 Gun Cleaner, M-Pro 7 copper remover, and some CLP for lubing. A good gun brush and for precision rifles one of those bore guide things to keep the rod centered. Chamber brush. Should be all set. If you get lots of carbon buildup, and you think you need to get it off, there are special AR scrapers and a small dental pick should work (there were some interesting posts somewhere, I think by Fulton Armory? about the non necessity of getting most of the carbon buildup off the BC of an AR if I remember correctly)

Chad
Dillon Precision, Aimpoint, EO Tech, M-Pro 7, Gun Maintenance, AR Parts (GG&G, Magpul, FAB, Ergo, ACE, LMT, RRA, more)
(mention calguns when ordering)