Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:08 PM

Default Looking for new shooting buddies along I-80 from Sacramento to the NV border.

Looking for someone to practice run/shoot drills with me. I only go to the mountains on Natl. Forestry land to shoot. Typically within 50-60 miles of the Sacramento area. Often times I hike long distances into an area. Other times there are spots to be found not far from where the vehicle is parked.

I specify I'm looking for anyone along I-80 from Sacramento to the CA/NV border because I overwhelmingly visit the Tahoe Natl. Forest, specifically the areas north of 80. So I'm looking for anyone along that route who is interested in this type of shooting because I will be headed out your way or visa versa.

I find it is difficult to meet people who are interested in the combination of shooting and backpacking/outdoors. Even more so those who are willing to go in the cold... My main shooting buddy (who would do all these things with me) is currently living in LA and may well be leaving the area permanently for a corrections officer position. So I’m in need of some new shooting buds.

I usually backpack/snowshoe into an area on Natl. Forest land, find a spot then start practicing run-and-shoot drills. I'm also interested in integrating swimming and SCUBA into my shooting practice. (I have enough SCUBA gear to completely equip a second person by the way. And I also have a second set of snowshoes and all the synthetic clothing necessary for a second person for all weather conditions.) If any of this sounds fun/interesting to you then send me a message!

This is where I learned about the run/shoot stuff by the way. I have been doing this off and on since ‘02:

This is me:

Last edited by scoob_i_e; 09-17-2013 at 6:08 PM..
Old 04-29-2013, 1:45 PM

Funny story I'm in the some boat. Used to head up to national forest with steel targets and run drills all "tac't" out plate carriers n all with a good buddy of mine n he moved to Vegas a few weeks ago. I haven't been shooting in over a month n I'm having withdrawals. What area of sac you from?
Old 07-03-2013, 4:25 PM

Bump.
Old 09-17-2013, 9:06 AM

Still searching. Foreppin and I could use a third shooter!

Last edited by scoob_i_e; 09-17-2013 at 6:02 PM..