Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:41 AM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Default CGN is turning me toward the right.

I like this site very much and spend a lot of time on it. I arrived only back in October 2012, with ignorance and assumptions, about gun laws and politics, and have learned much about both.

Regarding politics, it's not like I instantly flipped on everything I believe in, but I am enlightened by a fresh perspective that I am appreciative of.

btw - highender predicted it.
Old 04-28-2013, 10:47 AM
JUICEBAG
CGN Contributor

Last edited by guns4life; 04-28-2013 at 10:53 AM..
Old 04-28-2013, 11:25 AM
CGN Contributor

If you aint right, you're wrong.
Old 04-29-2013, 5:07 AM

Welcome to the party. But I caution you that ignorance is bliss for a reason. Now that you are becoming enlightened, the hard part starts. What do I mean? You'll feel a sense of frustration and concern over current events. You might be ridiculed or even persecuted for your views. You'll be disappointed come election night.

It all comes down to the fact that it is easier to struggle for tyranny than to stand for liberty. Tyranny offers false hope and false security. The science of the left is phoney and convoluted, but it appeals to human emotion and the obsessive philosopher. Liberty holds out few promises of security thus appearing cold, impersonal, and simplistic. But the reality is that tyranny impoverishes and perverts everything it touches.

I also believe spirituality is at the heart of the debate. Ben Franklin said that, "rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God". Contrast Ben with Karl Marx who wrote, "My goal in life is to dethrone God and destroy Capitalism". The infidel left, has essentially adopted the politics of tyranny as their religion. This, for me, explains their fervent devotion to politics. Struggling against God, for many reasons, is easier than standing for Him.

You will go on to see this conflict play itself out many times over. It's classic and never ending. The Founding Father's of our country knew this very well. Now, you know that you have a role to play in the rebellion against tyranny...and you are not alone.
Old 04-29-2013, 9:00 AM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Nice post, Gordon!

Interesting that you provide the quotes of Ben and Karl that mention God. My path towards the right (and I almost put this in my initial post) has also been guided by my recent enrollment in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). My wife is a cradle Catholic and my two young boys have already been baptised in the Catholic church. My wife has wanted me to do this for some time, but when my oldest (6 years) asked me about joining him with God, I decided to move forward.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

Hey sorry for butting in on this. But I just saw this mixing politics and religion, and I thought "oh no." But I am glad it hasn't turned into the wrong way of discussion. I wanna saw congrats to you Motorious for joining RCIA. It is a good first step into the Catholic religion. While I am not a big fan of the Catholic Church (for my own reasons), I recognize that as a big step. I am a mosaic Christian. And that led me to becoming a Libertarian.

"Yo buddy, you still alive?" -Larry "Pixy" Foulke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
XenosAce, San Diego's finest drunk wrasslin' tranny 'snatchin security guard.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:54 PM
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoriousRacing View Post
highender wasn't the only one.
Old 04-29-2013, 1:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I come to this website to be around like minded people. I'm surrounded by hippie liberals who think everything American is a terrible thing and it's refreshing to read conservative/libertarian comments from America loving patriots.
Old 04-29-2013, 1:49 PM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
highender wasn't the only one.
Based on some of the discussions we got into when I first joined CGN six months ago, I would not have expected you to predict this. Can you recall when and what thread? I'd like to re-read it.

Highender mostly described how he was more liberal like me at one time, then became enlightened to the more conservative side. I'm not sure how much he predicted it, but urged and supported it.
Old 04-29-2013, 1:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt-45 View Post

I come to this website to be around like minded people. I'm surrounded by hippie liberals who think everything American is a terrible thing and it's refreshing to read conservative/libertarian comments from America loving patriots.
I don't even mind the "hippie liberal" stuff so much as the mindset that allows one to vote for a politician who states openly they are against the 2nd Amendment, then being upset when they do exactly what they stated they'd do if elected, and blaming it on conservatives for being conservatives.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’
Old 04-29-2013, 1:50 PM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenosAce View Post
Hey sorry for butting in on this. But I just saw this mixing politics and religion, and I thought "oh no." But I am glad it hasn't turned into the wrong way of discussion. I wanna saw congrats to you Motorious for joining RCIA. It is a good first step into the Catholic religion. While I am not a big fan of the Catholic Church (for my own reasons), I recognize that as a big step. I am a mosaic Christian. And that led me to becoming a Libertarian.
Totally NOT butting in. Thanks for the support and the space for slightly differing ideals.
Old 04-29-2013, 2:31 PM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
I don't even mind the "hippie liberal" stuff so much as the mindset that allows one to vote for a politician who states openly they are against the 2nd Amendment, then being upset when they do exactly what they stated they'd do if elected, and blaming it on conservatives for being conservatives.
I don't believe I ever expressed anger over the what the liberals are doing to 2A. My 'problem', as I stated before, is 2A was not on my radar prior to voting in 11/2012. Rest assured, it is now.

I came here to learn more about firearms for plinking fun and personal protection, especially when SHTF. I've stockpiled a lot of good stuff for bugging-in, and prepared to bug out, so when a co-worker "jokingly" told me he would just come take my stuff because his AR way out-powers my .22lr and 12ga, I became immersed into CGN and broadening my firearm platforms.

Anyway guys/gals, I still expect to maintain on open mind, since everyone comes to where they are by different paths, and I may continue to post as such, but I find myself, thanks significantly to CGN, leaning more towards the conservative way of thinking......

..... and I am feeling good about it.
Old 04-29-2013, 2:41 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

When I was in HighSchool, I tried to convince my father to vote for Jessie Jackson for president.

My poor dad, could you imagine the disappoint?
Old 04-29-2013, 2:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Totally NOT butting in. Thanks for the support and the space for slightly differing ideals.
You have the right to do and believe in whatever you want as long as it doesn't infringe my rights or impose yours on me. That is my ideal, and what I believe liberty is supposed to be. So I will fight and support any ideals to keep them free like our forefathers before us. =)

"Yo buddy, you still alive?" -Larry "Pixy" Foulke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FremontJames View Post
XenosAce, San Diego's finest drunk wrasslin' tranny 'snatchin security guard.
Old 04-29-2013, 2:45 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
It's really quite simple. Liberals that vote democrat and claim to be 2nd Amendment supporters, live in a Logic Free Zone.

Ignorance can be educated.
Crazy can be medicated.
But there is no cure for stupid.

Police Brutality? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 04-29-2013, 2:45 PM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
When I was in HighSchool, I tried to convince my father to vote for Jessie Jackson for president.

Funny, I voted for Reagan after graduating high school.
Old 04-29-2013, 2:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I don't believe I ever expressed anger over the what the liberals are doing to 2A. My 'problem', as I stated before, is 2A was not on my radar prior to voting in 11/2012. Rest assured, it is now.

I came here to learn more about firearms for plinking fun and personal protection, especially when SHTF. I've stockpiled a lot of good stuff for bugging-in, and prepared to bug out, so when a co-worker "jokingly" told me he would just come take my stuff because his AR way out-powers my .22lr and 12ga, I became immersed into CGN and broadening my firearm platforms.

Anyway guys/gals, I still expect to maintain on open mind, since everyone comes to where they are by different paths, and I may continue to post as such, but I find myself, thanks significantly to CGN, leaning more towards the conservative way of thinking......

..... and I am feeling good about it.
My apologies, as that was not in any way directed at you in particular. We do have several in-house liberals that unapologetically DO fit that mold. One in particular votes D down the line, knowing in advance the candidate is anti-2A, boasts of it, then blames the republicans for not fielding good enough candidates to override HIS idiotic voting pattern.

Actually, we have more than just one.....

Old 04-29-2013, 2:57 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Funny, I voted for Reagan after graduating high school.
Gee mister, you're old.

Show me a young conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.
Old 04-29-2013, 3:16 PM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Gee mister, you're old.
Got me there. I'm lucky to have good genetics and a couple young boys that keep me active.

Quote:
Show me a young conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.
Hey now, I resemble that remark. I'm being guided willingly toward the right by siding with the conservative views of discussions I've read and participated in here at CGN.

It wasn't a flip of a switch.
Old 04-29-2013, 3:24 PM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
My apologies, as that was not in any way directed at you in particular. We do have several in-house liberals that unapologetically DO fit that mold. One in particular votes D down the line, knowing in advance the candidate is anti-2A, boasts of it, then blames the republicans for not fielding good enough candidates to override HIS idiotic voting pattern.

Actually, we have more than just one.....
No worries. Our last debate became civil.

This thread is my coming out..........

so as not to be grouped with those guys.
Old 04-29-2013, 3:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Welcome back from the dark side

Old 04-29-2013, 4:10 PM
Internet Warrior
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Congratulations, it shows that there is some hope besides the "hope and change" type.

Quote:

As a father, can you imagine Jessie Jackson's disappoint?
Old 04-29-2013, 4:12 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Old 04-29-2013, 6:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
If you don't think the Right wants to control your life any less than the Left then you haven't been paying attention.

Heard of The Patriot Act? Defense of Marriage Act? Hmmm?

I miss Booshanky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224
I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.
Old 04-29-2013, 7:07 PM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Welcome back from the dark side
hehe
Old 04-29-2013, 7:20 PM
Aka Mike Oxsmall
CGN Contributor

Christians and guns are like a oxy moron. The good thing is guns are real, god and religion are just to tame the masses or the sheep....
Old 04-29-2013, 7:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishslayer View Post
If you don't think the Right wants to control your life any less than the Left then you haven't been paying attention.

Heard of The Patriot Act? Defense of Marriage Act? Hmmm?

I miss Booshanky.
I disagree with the traditional left-model. I believe the true liberty versus negative liberty chart is much better. And I can still call myself a right winger. Despite the chart the American right is still far more pro-freedom than the left.

"The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened." – Norman Thomas, American socialist
Old 04-29-2013, 7:26 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuelcardenas77 View Post
Christians and guns are like a oxy moron. The good thing is guns are real, god and religion are just to tame the masses or the sheep....
Oh good. I was wondering when obvious troll would come in and lower the entire planet's IQ....

Old 04-29-2013, 9:59 PM

*shrugs* I prefer not identifying with any major party. I'm fairly centrist (leaning either way depending on what the issue is) but I uphold the Constitution and it's Amendments (any of them) as something not to be lightly messed around.

Religion isn't necessary a bad thing. Letting your religion dictate your thinking for you is something else entirely.
Remington M700
Compact 9mm sidearm
Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3239 View Post
I disagree with the traditional left-model. I believe the true liberty versus negative liberty chart is much better. And I can still call myself a right winger. Despite the chart the American right is still far more pro-freedom than the left.

The problem with this graph is that Fascism is truly a 3rd political system were "freedom" is tied to allegiance to government. What we have in this country is more Fascist every day, just like China has become more Fascist and less Communist...

So a proper government diagram would be based on a triangle that has Totalitarian Socialism, Totalitarian Capitalism (Fascism) and Rule of law+Free Markets (Libertarianism).

Anarchists don't believe in any government so they're not be on the chart at all

SG
Old 04-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3239 View Post

Nice chart, however, I have a very difficult time understanding how or why liberals refer to Republicans as Nazis.

Nobody has seen this logo before?

It says sozialistische which obviously means socialist.

I'll admit, nobody ever showed me that at school.
Old 04-30-2013, 8:55 AM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Thumbs up

I like this thread. I like the discussion that has evolved based on my original statement that I am being drawn to the right.

I do not feel it is being hijacked, so please continue. Just be civil.
Old 04-30-2013, 9:10 AM

The more knowledge you attain, the more responsibility it is for you to apply that knowledge, and further the message of the pro-2A camp.

Want to really, really piss off a liberal? Take someone who has never shot anything shooting; I bet you they immediately realize " Hey guns don't jump up and kill people!? I have to pull the trigger?! Wow they aren't that bad......" And the transformation begins.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 AM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Christians and guns are like a oxy moron.... The good thing is guns are real, god and religion are just to tame the masses or the sheep....[/
I somewhat agree that having guns for personal defense while claiming to be christian is a bit hypocritical. Now that I am enrolled in RCIA, I am seeing a point in my life where I may struggle with this dichotomy.

A close co-worker and his family are staunch Catholics. When I talk to him about prepping and family protection, his answer is something like, "if we die due to a catastophe, or even if we are killed by looters, I have done my job as a husband and father, and delivered my family to the kingdom of God."

But a more earthly approach to faith and christianity may be found from Alcoholics Anonymous. AA promotes the belief of a higher power, one of your own understanding. That could be an 'entity' that made the world in six days, and Adam in his image, or it could be an 'entity' responsible for time, space and matter. Can an atheist provide a good explanation of how time, space and matter came to be?

My wife is a cradle Catholic and teaches 7th grade Biology, which includes Darwin's evolution. My RCIA sponsor was a 'confirmed' atheist in college. Both claim there is a place for evolution, and a place for the belief of God being a higher power within Catholicism.

Again, can an atheist provide a good explanation of how time, space and matter came to be? This is where I am starting my journey towards everlasting peace and eternal life with my beloved family.
Old 05-01-2013, 9:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Left and right are relative terms.

True Liberty is toward the middle...
Old 05-01-2013, 9:09 AM
Calguns Addict

next step.................contrails.
Old 05-01-2013, 9:29 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
What a staggeringly ignorant comment.

I am a Christian gun owner and 2A activist.

Go ahead, explain to me how I really don't support 2A or like guns.
Better yet tell me I'm not really a Christian because I enjoy firearms.

I'm dying to hear this.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.
Old 05-01-2013, 9:36 AM
Deemed Irrelevant
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Left and right are relative terms.

True Liberty is toward the middle...
I have leaned left of center, but now am being guided to the right of center by CGN (as states the topic), but I really want to be near center. However I feel the center, or working middle class, has no real representation in government. We are like the rope in a tug of war, constanly being yanked back and forth, with no stake (or reward) in the game, just being used as the instrument of battle.

Last edited by MotoriousRacing; 05-01-2013 at 9:38 AM..
Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's sure hard to be Right on the Left coast, But we must continue on and sound the trumpets..

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms. Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
I somewhat agree that having guns for personal defense while claiming to be christian is a bit hypocritical. Now that I am enrolled in RCIA, I am seeing a point in my life where I may struggle with this dichotomy.
It's not hypocritical at all.
We are called to be good stewards, of our families and of our communities.
We are also called upon to be responsible, both for our own words and deeds and for our well being and that of our family and neighbors.

God told Israel to take up arms against those who would destroy her.
Jesus told the Disciples to take the Gospel to the world, he also told them to do so armed.

NOWHERE does it say that 'Christian' equates to 'doormat'.

A close co-worker and his family are staunch Catholics. When I talk to him about prepping and family protection, his answer is something like, "if we die due to a catastophe, or even if we are killed by looters, I have done my job as a husband and father, and delivered my family to the kingdom of God."
Sorry, your friend is sorely mistaken.
It's easy to take the 'whatever happens is okay, it's out of my hands and not my problem' position but it's wrong.
God calls on us to live as Christ did, to be ready to die for our spouse and family as He did for us. We are not suppose to sit back and remove ourselves from life and the world, 'we are in the world but not of the world'.

There are many Scriptures that talk of defense of family and being ready, being Christian does not mean being docile or letting anyone push you around.
Quite the opposite in fact, the Bible tells us 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehemiah 4:14
“Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.“
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus 22:2
“If a thief is found breaking in and is struck so that he dies, there shall be no bloodguilt for him.
Christians are called to be righteous and stand against evil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proverbs 25:26
“Like a muddied spring or a polluted fountain is a righteous man who gives way before the wicked.”
Even Christ said to be prepared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CGF.