Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 04-28-2013, 7:45 AM

Default What guns to bring with me?

Hi guys... this is my first post ever here. I just accepted a job offer to move to Socal. Most of my guns are not ca compliant. so im thinking of selling some of my guns that will never be compliant or those where i dont think its worth it to buy lower capacity mags to make ca legal. im thinking of buying something nice to take down with me. if you guys can bring in any gun to cali (that wont get me in trouble) what would it be? im thinking of an hk45c or mk25 or glock 4th gen 30. a
Old 04-28-2013, 8:16 AM

Bring all your guns with rebuild kits and sell to me
Old 04-28-2013, 8:28 AM

Which ones are you referring to that would not be compliant? Are you referring to rifles or handguns? Just to be clear, the handguns can be brought into California regardless of them being on the roster.
Bersa Thunder, Browning Buckmark Camper, Charles Daly 1911, Charter Arms Buldog Pug, Chinese SKS, Colt Double Eagle MK II Series 90 10mm, Egyptian Hakim 8mm, Heckler & Koch P2000SK, Kimber Eclipse Ultra II, Mossberg 500A Cruiser, Mossberg New Haven 600AT, Romanian M69 Trainer, Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Mag, Savage Arms Model 73, Smith & Wesson 1006 10mm, Smith & Wesson Sigma .40, Springfield Armory XD-40, Walther P1, Wyoming Arms Parker 10mm, Yugoslavian K98
Old 04-28-2013, 8:31 AM

The off roster handguns are fine to bring in as long as they are not classified as AWs. Standard capacity mags must be disassembled or blocked to ten rounds.

long guns with evil features must have a mag lock. Consult the list to make sure you do not have an AW that is banned by name.

I am sure I may be forgetting something and some one should be a long to correct. (sorry have not finished my first cup of coffee.)
Old 04-28-2013, 8:33 AM

I brought my weapons here, had to go to the CAL DOJ website and download a form for pistol registration and mail it in, with a check. As for so called AW's, I made them California compliant before entry.

Front Sight Heritage Member