Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member

Default Norcal Skeet Clinic

We had another fun afternoon at Metcalf with perfect sun and a bit of wind to make the clays dance a bit.

Four shooters were using pumps and getting pertty good at working that action for the second shot on the doubles.

I found out today how long it takes to wear out a hammer spring in an Orion.

Looks to be about 14,000 +/- shots......t001 had the honer of shooting the 14,000th shot. Time to go shopping for springs.

Thanks again to all the shooters for a fun time and a big Thanks to the staff at Metcalf

I'll be posting May Clinic dates in a day or two...check the sticky at the top of the forum.

There was some pic taking....post them if you wish
Old 04-29-2013, 9:12 PM

Thanks for the clinic! I had a blast! Lou is a great instructor and I can't wait to go back after i get some more practice. Everyone should go to this especially if you are new to skeet. Also metcalf was a pretty sweet range too.
Old 04-30-2013, 5:25 PM

Took me awhile, but I wanted to share my experience of the day. I took the class on the 20th and had a great time. Gotta say it was an awesome way to spend a birthday! Lou gives good instruction and makes it an enjoyable time. I am a total newb at skeet/shotguns and appreciated the help with my stance and fitting. I can't wait to go back to another clinic. Highly recommend it to anyone looking to have a great time shooting skeet. My only regret is I didn't go sooner.
Old 05-02-2013, 8:26 PM

Default 4/27 clinic

I had a great time and learned a lot at the clinic on 4/27, Lou's a great instructor and very patient. He helped me see what I've been doing wrong and how to correct it and also kept it really fun too. If you've been thinking about going to one of these, do it! Its well worth it. Check out Lou making it look easy, shooting the low house on station 8:

Old 05-08-2013, 12:48 PM

It was definitely a rewarding experience. Very educational and fun. I will most certainly be attending future clinics and looking to Lou for help with my clay shooting skills.

Just also want to say that shooters tend to be some of the nicest people around. Met some great fellow students that day.

My apologies to Lou for breaking his gun.
Old 05-08-2013, 6:41 PM
Veteran Member

Default ><

Thanks t001.....no apology needed. The hammer spring failed, nothing you did worng....I already ordered one and replaced it. Actuly you did me a favor as it would have failed in the middle of shooting the State Champ's last weekend, that would have been a real pain.