Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Commercial Sales For the Commercial sales of Firearms and Accessories. Read the rules before posting.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:28 PM
olddirtygerm's Avatar
olddirtygerm olddirtygerm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 169
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I'm interested in seeing what these look like
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-28-2013, 10:40 PM
eudaman55's Avatar
eudaman55 eudaman55 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 57
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

this has piqued my interest...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-28-2013, 11:02 PM
rubyist's Avatar
rubyist rubyist is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I posted a pretty detailed description in the first thread of how Defense Distribtued / WikiWeapon is making openly available CAD designs for 3D printable AR-15 lower receiver and other military-style parts (30 rnd mags, grips, etc). I don't want to type everything again. Take a look into what they've been up to if you haven't already.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-29-2013, 8:46 AM
foxtrotuniformlima foxtrotuniformlima is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,702
iTrader: 173 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
I will post the 3d model when complete, early next week
YOU WILL POST IT NOW !!! The Mob demands pictures !

__________________
California - Come for the taxes, stay for the gun laws.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-29-2013, 7:22 PM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrotuniformlima View Post
YOU WILL POST IT NOW !!! The Mob demands pictures !

Looks like the natives are getting restless.

I am not holding out on you... I did get a 3d model today but it is SO far off the final product, showing would be useless.

We are working with engineers, shooters and even legal council for ATF purposes to provide you with a high quality, and a relatively easy to finish AR lower.

We came into some new information today that will vastly improve our final design, we are working diligently, night and day on this. At the very latest I will have something Wed.

Thanks! (love the pic, BTW)
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701

Last edited by phantomfinisher; 04-29-2013 at 7:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 04-29-2013, 7:51 PM
Beatone's Avatar
Beatone Beatone is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: █████████
Posts: 3,914
iTrader: 124 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
Looks like the natives are getting restless.

I am not holding out on you... I did get a 3d model today but it is SO far off the final product, showing would be useless.

We are working with engineers, shooters and even legal council for ATF purposes to provide you with a high quality, and a relatively easy to finish AR lower.

We came into some new information today that will vastly improve our final design, we are working diligently, night and day on this. At the very latest I will have something Wed.

Thanks! (love the pic, BTW)
__________________
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Finish it's Avatar
Finish it Finish it is offline
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Beach FEMA Region 9
Posts: 1,600
iTrader: 391 / 100%
Default

I would like to check them out!
__________________
.

http://www.GriffinsSportingSupply.com

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
-- Ronald Reagan
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-30-2013, 12:21 AM
rubyist's Avatar
rubyist rubyist is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 70
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

phantomfinisher, did you see the AR-15 lower receiver CAD designs on Defense Distributed's website DEFCAD.org as I mentioned? Might save you a lot of time. They even have designs for a reinforced 80% lower designed for polymer! Check it out and the other 3D designs they offer to everyone for free.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-30-2013, 5:59 AM
SCMA-1's Avatar
SCMA-1 SCMA-1 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,478
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

T-24 hrs.
__________________


"Wherever I Walk,
Everyone Is a Little Bit Safer Because I Am There.

Wherever I Am,
Anyone In Need Has a Friend.

Whenever I Return Home,
Everyone Is Happy I Am There."
- "The Warrior Creed" ~ Robert L. Humphrey
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-30-2013, 6:12 AM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyist View Post
phantomfinisher, did you see the AR-15 lower receiver CAD designs on Defense Distributed's website DEFCAD.org as I mentioned? Might save you a lot of time. They even have designs for a reinforced 80% lower designed for polymer! Check it out and the other 3D designs they offer to everyone for free.
I am VERY familiar with DEFCAD and have mad respect for them and what they are doing. That being said, there are several reasons that they're files wont work for us:

1. Our design needs to be unique. If you see a rifle with our lower on it, you will know it.
2. The beefed up design they have is good, but is specifically made for the low quality polymer that you get even out of the best 3d printers and not necessary for our purposes.
3. Believe it or not, designing an 80% AR is easier in many ways starting from scratch than using a template from another file. Especially with some of the specific challenges we are facing when it comes to shrink rates, injection molding processes ect.

Believe me, we have explored many ways to do this and ultimately the best conclusion we came up with was, just build it ourselves.

Thanks!
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-30-2013, 6:15 PM
boarder010 boarder010 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
Just a dremmel.

Pricing will be released very soon... It will be under $90.
if you truly only need a dremel and it's under $90....i am now interested hah
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-30-2013, 8:59 PM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

UPDATE!!! PICS!!!

Oookay Calugnners here they are! PLEASE NOTE: These are not final, there are a few tweaks still to be made.

Namely:
Bolt Catch pin holes (will be threaded, threads will be steel)
Mag release button hole will be finished and normal shape
Rear take down pin hole will be present
Plymer80 logo will not be on final product
Front of magwell will be ribbed

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/ph...?sort=3&page=1

I am open to questions comments and suggestions!

Thanks!
-Loran
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701

Last edited by phantomfinisher; 04-30-2013 at 9:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-30-2013, 9:03 PM
SoCoGO SoCoGO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

The link isn't giving me any pictures... even signed up for a photobucket account to make sure.


Edit: Nevermind... now it works. Yay internet.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-30-2013, 9:03 PM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCoGO View Post
The link isn't giving me any pictures... even signed up for a photobucket account to make sure.
Fixed the link: My bad!
Refresh and try again
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-30-2013, 9:06 PM
SoCoGO SoCoGO is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Looks intriguing! Can't wait for the final release!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-30-2013, 9:08 PM
w55 w55 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,457
iTrader: 21 / 100%
Default

Looking forward to checking these out!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-30-2013, 9:23 PM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMA-1 View Post
T-24 hrs.
Beat your time!
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-30-2013, 9:27 PM
SVTPete83's Avatar
SVTPete83 SVTPete83 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 239
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

So far this looks pretty solid. I look forward to the final product and some testing. If all works out I will def be a customer
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 PM
SkyMag68's Avatar
SkyMag68 SkyMag68 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: StockTon
Posts: 356
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Nice!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 05-01-2013, 6:02 AM
dung8604 dung8604 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 305
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
UPDATE!!! PICS!!!

Oookay Calugnners here they are! PLEASE NOTE: These are not final, there are a few tweaks still to be made.

Namely:
Bolt Catch pin holes (will be threaded, threads will be steel)
Mag release button hole will be finished and normal shape
Rear take down pin hole will be present
Plymer80 logo will not be on final product
Front of magwell will be ribbed

http://s1327.photobucket.com/user/ph...?sort=3&page=1

I am open to questions comments and suggestions!

Thanks!
-Loran
Can we leave off the mag well ribs, especially the ones on the side? Nowhere to engrave, plus it just looks awful IMO

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 05-01-2013, 7:04 AM
boarder010 boarder010 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 103
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 05-01-2013, 7:57 AM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dung8604 View Post
Can we leave off the mag well ribs, especially the ones on the side? Nowhere to engrave, plus it just looks awful IMO

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Maybe we can.... talking to my 3d guy now. They exist to give super solid rigidity to the funneled mag-well so its thicker where connects to the upper body of the mag well. Working on a solution.


Thanks for the feedback!
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 AM
dung8604 dung8604 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 305
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
Maybe we can.... talking to my 3d guy now. They exist to give super solid rigidity to the funneled mag-well so its thicker where connects to the upper body of the mag well. Working on a solution.


Thanks for the feedback!
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
newglockster's Avatar
newglockster newglockster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Joaquin Valley
Posts: 1,615
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Just a question / suggestion: Is there any way the front take-down pin holes could be beefed up some to give it added strength? Maybe I am wrong, but it just seems like the polymer there may be susceptible to breaking off. I could be all wrong...
__________________
John 3:16
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:09 AM
czmkr788 czmkr788 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I want one maybe two, the lower looks nice in the pictures, and it seems reasonably priced.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:27 AM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newglockster View Post
Just a question / suggestion: Is there any way the front take-down pin holes could be beefed up some to give it added strength? Maybe I am wrong, but it just seems like the polymer there may be susceptible to breaking off. I could be all wrong...
You bring up a valid concern, one we explored pretty deeply... With our Polymer, this should not be a problem.

Thanks!
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-01-2013, 12:22 PM
gemini1's Avatar
gemini1 gemini1 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 15 mins to the Bay bridge
Posts: 2,134
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

Do you have plans to test a few hundred/thousand rounds your finished 80% just to see how well it holds?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-01-2013, 2:45 PM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini1 View Post
Do you have plans to test a few hundred/thousand rounds your finished 80% just to see how well it holds?
Of coarse... in various calibers.
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-01-2013, 4:14 PM
uechikid's Avatar
uechikid uechikid is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Antioch
Posts: 1,245
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

What are you thinking your price will be?
__________________
"Carpe Diem"
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-02-2013, 7:36 AM
Sydwaiz's Avatar
Sydwaiz Sydwaiz is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harbor City and Compton
Posts: 3,156
iTrader: 43 / 100%
Default

I'm interested if the price is right. Curious to see how the pocket area turns out being that it is so thick. Do you think you'll get any voids/porosity or much sink in that area molding it as a solid without any cores?
__________________
____________________________________

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

-Shepard Booke
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-02-2013, 8:32 AM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwaiz View Post
I'm interested if the price is right. Curious to see how the pocket area turns out being that it is so thick. Do you think you'll get any voids/porosity or much sink in that area molding it as a solid without any cores?
We have a top-secret and very innovative way to completely avoid voids or warping of any sort.
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-02-2013, 8:41 AM
Sydwaiz's Avatar
Sydwaiz Sydwaiz is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Harbor City and Compton
Posts: 3,156
iTrader: 43 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
We have a top-secret and very innovative way to completely avoid voids or warping of any sort.
Nitrogen?
__________________
____________________________________

A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

-Shepard Booke
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:23 AM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydwaiz View Post
Nitrogen?
Not Nitrogen, but honestly I cannot say.... when our patent is filed then I will say.
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:30 AM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

UPDATE:

Updated Mag well Design ready:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ar14 LR 2 13.JPG (70.7 KB, 731 views)
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701

Last edited by phantomfinisher; 05-02-2013 at 9:39 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:50 AM
Ferdman Ferdman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 139
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Just for discussion's sake, how about putting the ribbing/fluting on the inside of the magwell? Like the HK rifles fluted chambers. It will give a cleaner and smoother look on the outside yet maintain the strength as intended or designed. The magazine should still hold in place with enough surface area to keep the magazine from wobbling and less on the outside to catch on anything. Also, this would address the issue of giving a smooth surface to engrave onto. Keep the front ribbing though for handling.

Just wondering. Regardless, I'll be in for at least one.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:56 AM
DULLYJAY DULLYJAY is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oakland/Elk Grove
Posts: 895
iTrader: 36 / 100%
Default

That's a good look to me.
__________________
"Betta get yours, cuzz I got mine!" 2Pac
+ 1000 post CGN V1.0 Alumni
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:57 AM
newglockster's Avatar
newglockster newglockster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: San Joaquin Valley
Posts: 1,615
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
UPDATE:

Updated Mag well Design
__________________
John 3:16
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 05-02-2013, 9:57 AM
phantomfinisher's Avatar
phantomfinisher phantomfinisher is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 390
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferdman View Post
Just for discussion's sake, how about putting the ribbing/fluting on the inside of the magwell? Like the HK rifles fluted chambers. It will give a cleaner and smoother look on the outside yet maintain the strength as intended or designed. The magazine should still hold in place with enough surface area to keep the magazine from wobbling and less on the outside to catch on anything. Also, this would address the issue of giving a smooth surface to engrave onto. Keep the front ribbing though for handling.

Just wondering. Regardless, I'll be in for at least one.
Good suggestion but we also want some distinction that this is a plymer80 receiver. Plus the bevels on the corners do help the grip.. why I thought of in the first place.
__________________
Web: www.polymer80.com
Email: loran@polymer80.com
Address:
3111 Deer Run Road
Carson City NV 89701
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Ferdman Ferdman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 139
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfinisher View Post
Good suggestion but we also want some distinction that this is a plymer80 receiver. Plus the bevels on the corners do help the grip.. why I thought of in the first place.
Cool. After looking at the latest rendering some more, that will make an awesome graphic for a shark's head/nose with the ribbing as the teeth.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 05-02-2013, 10:34 AM
olddirtygerm's Avatar
olddirtygerm olddirtygerm is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 169
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I think the new design is an improvement.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:29 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.