Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 04-26-2013, 9:23 AM
Veteran Member

Default My Doctor asked me if I owned GUNS!

I was at the Doctors yesterday for a routine follow up and he asked me if I owned any firearms?. I was shocked! Reason being I have read horror threads about anti gun doctors asking if you own guns. My response , Why are you asking ? My Doctor looked at me funny and laughed. He told me, Well you are wearing a Glock T-shirt. I replied it could of been a gift. LOL. He laughed also. He then asked how many do you have? A lot? Man I was feeling like whats the catch here? So I asked, Why? Are you planing on trying to take my guns away from me? Whats with all the questions?

It just so happens that my Doctor bought his first gun recently. With the help of a friend, He got himself a Smith & Wesson 9mm by way of a PPT. He told me how terrified of guns he was. His friend helped him get over that fear and took him to the range. Demonstrated safe handling techniques for him to learn. Now he is thinking of buying a membership at the local range so he can practice more. Again I was shocked, He was just trying to connect with a fellow gun owner/ talk shop.

To whom ever that friend of my Doctor is? I send my Kudos! Not only are you helping a great Doctor learn about firearms ,but now we have another pro 2A member of our community. I like my Doctor even more now.

"I'm damned glad to be here..." — George Patton

Last edited by Napalm Bulldog; 04-27-2013 at 3:03 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 9:25 AM

Even with your story ending as it did, your first reaction was the right one.
Old 04-26-2013, 9:40 AM

"So I asked, Why are you planing on trying to take my guns away from me? Whats with all the questions?"

I thing the "trying to" was my favorite line... We are here to take your guns...You can try!
Old 04-26-2013, 9:52 AM

My answer if my doctor ever asks me is you can find out if you ever try to do me or my family harm.
Old 04-26-2013, 9:55 AM

Glad it turned out the way it did. He picked a good gun

Sent from my HTC Sensation
Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 AM

I went to see My Dr. one time and didn't think to take my ankle holster off. Well, I don't really know why but he asked me to lie back and the next thing I know he is probing all over with his hands. You know - feeling your abdomen etc. Well he continued all the way down my legs, came to the Kahr in the ankle holster and - Didn't say a word........ Neither of us mentioned it.

PM me for class certificates
Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 AM

Repeat from same topic threads, but this should be our standard quick 'n easy response:

"Guns? Oh heavens no. I'm afraid of guns."

It will be all the better saying it with your Glock shirt on.

All war is deception. - Sun Tzu
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

I hope he didn't have his finger in your arse when he asked, maybe thats the Dr. version of a lie detector ?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveRN View Post
Even with your story ending as it did, your first reaction was the right one.
NO it is not. An intelligent skeptical response with a compassionate follow up is. If you come off like a hording nut case, paranoid of any question, you will just be validating the stereotype anti gun owners have of us.

I find engaging people and quelling their fear with rational thought and explanation works much better than clamming up and saying "why do you want to know". People respect you as an intelligent person if you can communicate effectively WHY you own guns, instead of giving them the "**** off" attitude.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member

I ask patients about guns quite often... but usually I get a "cue" from them (like a glock t-shirt, etc) and strike up some fun conversations. I recently ran into a guy that would trump James Yeager in his veracious Pro-2A views, he used to train weapons techniques to the military and he pretty much said "**** California and **** the laws, I carry what i want when I want. I guarantee that I am a better shot than any cop on the street and NOBODY is gonna tell me I can't carry to protect myself". I was like, "thats cool" lol
Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 AM

When your Dr asks if you own any guns. Your follow up to that question is always suppose to be does your wife enjoy anal sex?

Last edited by North Bay Guy; 04-26-2013 at 10:49 AM..
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM

I have a good friend who is a cardiologist at a local hospital. I introduced him to firearms several years ago. I took him to a local range, where he is now a member. Before he would go the first time, we had an interesting talk about his taking the Hippocratic oath. I explained to him that the oath is really about honestly practicing medicine, not to be literally interpreted as doing no harm.

My argument was, if someone were to attack you and throw a punch, what would you do? He said, "Avoid retaliation if possible, and if not, fight back." OK. So what would you do if someone attacked you with a weapon, like a knife. That caused him to pause, because he was now left with only one option, and that's to run to avoid the conflict. So what if you can't run or avoid the conflict? He had no answer. Now, let's assume the person is insane, or jacked on drugs? Again no answer. How about if they were to kill you? Who would then take care of all the lives you've positively touched, or will in the future, by being a doctor? He's now conceal carry certified in California, and we have another good guy on the team. The funny part though is that he'll practice on the targets that have a human silhouette, with critical parts (parts of the head, heart, and arteries) in green. He'll hit everything except the heart. He says "There are some lines I just can't cross."

We recently talked about the "proposal" to have Doctors ask their patients whether or not they have guns. He's told me that he in no way would ever comply with that type of a mandate, and that most Doctor's he knows share his view.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:14 AM

My old doctor in Madera was ex-Army and said he carries as often as he legally can. He joked, "What good is a dead doctor?" The nurse was ex-Air Force and is a family friend who owns several AR's. Probably the best female shooter I've ever shot with.

I wish I'd gotten my permit while I lived in Madera County.
Old 04-26-2013, 4:14 PM
Veteran Member

*Received this in an email the other day*

I visited a physician last week who was quite enthusiastic. It was a “new” doctor in the practice, a young lady (at MY age, EVERYBODY is “young”! When I was born, the Dead Sea wasn't even sick!)

She was obviously a liberal by her dress and manner. I was thinking of hitting on her, but I don’t like the phrase she used, “You remind me of my grandfather.”

She asked me what was wrong, and I replied, “I have a cut on my leg; and I think it may be getting infected.”

She said, “Before we start, I have to ask you a few questions. Are you allergic to any medications?”

I replied, “No.”

She said, “Do you have any guns in the house?”

I said, “HUH??”

She replied, “Guns. Do you have any guns in the house?”

I asked, “Why?”

She said, “I’ve got to ask this question. It is required under the Affordable Care Act.”

I asked, “What are you going to do with the data?”

She said, “We compile it, amalgamate it, and submit it to the government.”

I said, “Well, I have a Tommy Gun. I let my kid Tommy play with it.”

She said, “What’s a Tommy Gun? I don‘t think that is the kind of gun they are concerned with.”

With THAT, I knew I had a live one. I said, “It’s similar to a B.A.R., but a little heavier and shorter. I have a B.A.R. also.”

She said, “A B.A.R.?”

I said, “Yes.”

She looked puzzled. Then she brightened up and asked, “Do you have any assault rifles?”

I attempted to look puzzled, and said, “I don’t know. What is an assault rifle?”

She said, “That’s a gun that is used in wars.”

I said, “As a matter of fact, I do. I have a replica of a Revolutionary War musket.”

She began to look a bit exasperated. I pretended not to notice and kept up the appearance of trying to be helpful.

She said, “Do you have anything more modern than that?”

I replied, “Well, yes I do. I have a replica muzzle loader from the Civil War. Do you know the difference between a musket and a muzzle loader?”

She rather peevishly said, “No, I don’t; and I don’t want to. What else do you have?”

I said, “I have an M-1.”

She asked, “What’s that?”

I said, “A rifle.”

She asked, “What kind?”

I replied, “It is called a Garand.”

She rather loudly said, “I don’t care if it is a grand rifle or not. Is it an assault rifle?”

To which I replied, “I don’t know. I don’t know what an assault rifle is. You say it’s a rifle used in war, yet you say that my musket and muzzle loader are not assault rifles.”

She calmed down (a bit) and asked, “Anything else?”

I said, “I have an MG-.30, and an MG-.50. I‘m also part owner of an Apache. But they are not rifles.”

She stated, “Well, then, I’m not interested in them. Anything else.”

I replied, “Well, yes. I also have a 12-gauge and a 20-gauge pump. They are not rifled though.”

She said, “I’m not interested in pumps; I’m interested in guns.”

I replied, “Well, then, I have a Colt, a Luger, a Glock, a bazooka, a Parabellum, a Kalishnikov, a Henry, an Uzi, a Llama, and a Beretta--but they are not rifles.”

She then said, “I’ve had enough of this. I think you’re toying with me. Let me see your leg.”

I then said, “Excuse me, but before you look at my leg, I have a few questions to ask of you.”

She replied, “Of course. What are they?”

I said, “I have given you a lot of information about my guns. I am somewhat concerned about your knowledge and ability to assimilate, make coherent sense of that information, and report it correctly. Do you know the difference between a .22 caliber and a .223 caliber? It’s a rather fundamental difference.”

She replied, “Actually, I don’t.”

I said, “I see. Let me ask some more relevant questions. “How much money do you make?”

She said, “That’s personal, why do you ask?”

I said, “Well, in pushing the Health Care Act, my president cautioned the population about doctors that would amputate a leg rather than treat a cut because they make more money that way. Consequently, I wish to know if you are financially troubled. What kind of car do you drive? What are your house payments? How much is your mortgage? How much credit card debt do you have? Do you have a student loan; if so, how much?”

She said, “I’m not going to answer those questions. You have no right to ask them.”

I then asked, “Do you have training and education in homeopathic techniques? Do you know the benefits/effects of CoQ10, ginseng, fish oil, Creatine, BCAA, and other such herbal treatments?” Do you know the difference between Panax ginseng, American ginseng, and Siberian ginseng?”

She replied, “Well, No!”

I then asked, ”Well, have you studied it at all?”

She replied rather defensively, “NO; it’s all a bunch of hogwash anyway!”

I said, “Oh, then you have read the research on it. What have you read?”

She then said, “I don’t waste my time reading such things. Why are you asking me these questions?”

I said, “Well, if I’m going to turn my body over to you for treatment, I believe it is reasonable for me to know something about your motivation, training, experience, and competence. Do you know anything about the practice of holistic medicine?”

She said, rather angrily “No, I don’t!”

I said, “Oh. O.K. How much experience do you have in practicing medicine?”

She replied, “Well, not very much.”

To which I said, “Well, we all have to start somewhere. What medical school did you go to; what is its rank in terms of other medical schools; where did you intern; and where did you do your residency? What is the rank of the hospital where you did your internship and residency?”

She rather peevishly said, “All my credentials are posted in the waiting room.”, to which I said, “Really? The rank of your medical school is posted in the waiting room? Do you have any experience with leg injuries? If so, how much?”

I guess that was too much for her. She rather crossly said, “I think it would be best if you saw a different doctor.” ...and started to leave the room.

I said, “You know, doctor. You asked me irrelevant questions about my guns, and I answered them. Whether or not I own guns is really none of your business and has absolutely nothing to do with any treatment you might prescribe. On the other hand, I ask you questions quite relevant to my situation, and you refuse to answer them. Isn’t that somewhat backwards?”

She said, “But I HAVE to ask those questions. It’s the law.” to which I replied, “Actually, it is NOT the law. Here is what the law says--taken directly from the Affordable Care Act:”
(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a) (1) (D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—
(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.
(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to—

(A) the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition;
(B) the lawful use of a firearm or ammunition; or
(C) the lawful storage of a firearm or ammunition.

You may verify this at:
http://housedocs.house.gov/energycommerce/ppacacon.pdf
and
http://wizbangblog.com/2013/01/10/ob...egistration/.”

“As you can see, you have broken federal law TWICE--once by asking, and once by collecting data.
It is perfectly legal for me to own guns; it is NOT legal for you to ask and/or collect such data. YOU are breaking the law, and yet YOU are the one that is angry. Not only that, but you erroneously stated that you must ask such questions, and you did it in a very authoritative and convincing manner.
You gave me false information, which I then acted upon by answering your questions. On that basis, how can I be expected to trust your medical judgment?
When I attempted to ascertain your medical competency, you became defensive and hostile.”
“There is really no need for me to see another doctor in this practice. I‘ll go somewhere else, where my privacy is respected, and I can trust the information I receive.”

Semper Fidelis,
Marty
Colonel, U. S. Marine Corps, Retired
Old 04-26-2013, 4:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abulldog4me View Post
I was at the Doctors yesterday for a routine follow up and he asked me if I owned any firearms?. I was shocked! Reason being I have read horror threads about anti gun doctors asking if you own guns. My response , Why are you asking ? My Doctor looked at me funny and laughed. He told me, Well you are wearing a Glock T-shirt. I replied it could of been a gift. LOL. He laughed also. He then asked how many do you have? A lot? Man I was feeling like whats the catch here? So I asked, Why are you planing on trying to take my guns away from me? Whats with all the questions?

It just so happens that my Doctor bought his first gun recently. With the help of a friend, He got himself a Smith & Wesson 9mm by way of a PPT. He told me how terrified of guns he was. His friend helped him get over that fear and took him to the range. Demonstrated safe handling techniques for him to learn. Now he is thinking of buying a membership at the local range so he can practice more. Again I was shocked, He was just trying to connect with a fellow gun owner/ talk shop.

To whom ever that friend of my Doctor is? I send my Kudos! Not only are you helping a great Doctor learn about firearms ,but now we have another pro 2A member of our community. I like my Doctor even more now.
Thats cool! rise of the AR15 had a segment on a dentist that was pretty good.
Old 04-26-2013, 4:53 PM

That question "Do you own firearms" is now standard on all pre-medical exam questionaires, along with mental health questions, do you feel safe in your home, how much alcohol do you normally drink, do you smoke, take any drugs, etc. More of "big brother" trying to keep us all safe.
Old 04-26-2013, 4:56 PM

I need to find a new MD and was thinking I should call their offices and ask if *they* own guns first. I don't know if I can trust a non-gun owner in this political climate.
"[T]he liberties of the American people [are] dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box . . without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country." -- Frederick Douglass (1892)
Old 04-26-2013, 5:05 PM

You will know once your doctor got hook on the hobby...the next time you go to him for check up,his check up fee will jack up! The increase is for the ammo....JK.hehehe
Old 04-26-2013, 5:15 PM
Calguns Addict

I have yet to be asked by the doctors at the VA if I own firearms. Have any other veterans been asked this at the VA?
Old 04-26-2013, 5:19 PM

Just Say NO!
Old 04-26-2013, 5:22 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustEd View Post
Just Say NO!
That will be my answer if I am ever asked at the VA. Damned if I'm going to tell the federal government anything. If they want the answer to that question, let them find it out themselves.
Old 04-26-2013, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
That will be my answer if I am ever asked at the VA. Damned if I'm going to tell the federal government anything. If they want the answer to that question, let them find it out themselves.
Trust me they already know everything they need to about you.
Old 04-26-2013, 5:28 PM

Boat accident.
Old 04-26-2013, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post

I visited a physician last week who was quite enthusiastic. It was a “new” doctor in the practice, a young lady (at MY age, EVERYBODY is “young”! When I was born, the Dead Sea wasn't even sick!)

She was obviously a liberal by her dress and manner. I was thinking of hitting on her, but I don’t like the phrase she used, “You remind me of my grandfather.”

She asked me what was wrong, and I replied, “I have a cut on my leg; and I think it may be getting infected.”

She said, “Before we start, I have to ask you a few questions. Are you allergic to any medications?”

I replied, “No.”

I said, “HUH??”

I asked, “Why?”

She said, “I’ve got to ask this question. It is required under the Affordable Care Act.”

She said, “What’s a Tommy Gun? I don‘t think that is the kind of gun they are concerned with.”

With THAT, I knew I had a live one. I said, “It’s similar to a B.A.R., but a little heavier and shorter. I have a B.A.R. also.”

She said, “A B.A.R.?”

I said, “Yes.”

She looked puzzled. Then she brightened up and asked, “Do you have any assault rifles?”

I attempted to look puzzled, and said, “I don’t know. What is an assault rifle?”

I said, “As a matter of fact, I do. I have a replica of a Revolutionary War musket.”

She began to look a bit exasperated. I pretended not to notice and kept up the appearance of trying to be helpful.

I replied, “Well, yes I do. I have a replica muzzle loader from the Civil War. Do you know the difference between a musket and a muzzle loader?”

She rather peevishly said, “No, I don’t; and I don’t want to. What else do you have?”

I said, “I have an M-1.”

I said, “A rifle.”

She asked, “What kind?”

She rather loudly said, “I don’t care if it is a grand rifle or not. Is it an assault rifle?”

To which I replied, “I don’t know. I don’t know what an assault rifle is. You say it’s a rifle used in war, yet you say that my musket and muzzle loader are not assault rifles.”

I said, “I have an MG-.30, and an MG-.50. I‘m also part owner of an Apache. But they are not rifles.”

I replied, “Well, yes. I also have a 12-gauge and a 20-gauge pump. They are not rifled though.”

I replied, “Well, then, I have a Colt, a Luger, a Glock, a bazooka, a Parabellum, a Kalishnikov, a Henry, an Uzi, a Llama, and a Beretta--but they are not rifles.”

She then said, “I’ve had enough of this. I think you’re toying with me. Let me see your leg.”

I then said, “Excuse me, but before you look at my leg, I have a few questions to ask of you.”

I said, “I have given you a lot of information about my guns. I am somewhat concerned about your knowledge and ability to assimilate, make coherent sense of that information, and report it correctly. Do you know the difference between a .22 caliber and a .223 caliber? It’s a rather fundamental difference.”

I said, “I see. Let me ask some more relevant questions. “How much money do you make?”

I said, “Well, in pushing the Health Care Act, my president cautioned the population about doctors that would amputate a leg rather than treat a cut because they make more money that way. Consequently, I wish to know if you are financially troubled. What kind of car do you drive? What are your house payments? How much is your mortgage? How much credit card debt do you have? Do you have a student loan; if so, how much?”

She said, “I’m not going to answer those questions. You have no right to ask them.”

I then asked, “Do you have training and education in homeopathic techniques? Do you know the benefits/effects of CoQ10, ginseng, fish oil, Creatine, BCAA, and other such herbal treatments?” Do you know the difference between Panax ginseng, American ginseng, and Siberian ginseng?”

She replied, “Well, No!”

She then said, “I don’t waste my time reading such things. Why are you asking me these questions?”

I said, “Well, if I’m going to turn my body over to you for treatment, I believe it is reasonable for me to know something about your motivation, training, experience, and competence. Do you know anything about the practice of holistic medicine?”

To which I said, “Well, we all have to start somewhere. What medical school did you go to; what is its rank in terms of other medical schools; where did you intern; and where did you do your residency? What is the rank of the hospital where you did your internship and residency?”

She rather peevishly said, “All my credentials are posted in the waiting room.”, to which I said, “Really? The rank of your medical school is posted in the waiting room? Do you have any experience with leg injuries? If so, how much?”

I guess that was too much for her. She rather crossly said, “I think it would be best if you saw a different doctor.” ...and started to leave the room.

I said, “You know, doctor. You asked me irrelevant questions about my guns, and I answered them. Whether or not I own guns is really none of your business and has absolutely nothing to do with any treatment you might prescribe. On the other hand, I ask you questions quite relevant to my situation, and you refuse to answer them. Isn’t that somewhat backwards?”

She said, “But I HAVE to ask those questions. It’s the law.” to which I replied, “Actually, it is NOT the law. Here is what the law says--taken directly from the Affordable Care Act:”
(1) WELLNESS AND PREVENTION PROGRAMS.—A wellness and health promotion activity implemented under subsection (a) (1) (D) may not require the disclosure or collection of any information relating to—
(A) the presence or storage of a lawfully-possessed firearm or ammunition in the residence or on the property of an individual; or
(B) the lawful use, possession, or storage of a firearm or ammunition by an individual.
(2) LIMITATION ON DATA COLLECTION.—None of the authorities provided to the Secretary under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or an amendment made by that Act shall be construed to authorize or may be used for the collection of any information relating to—

You may verify this at:
and

“As you can see, you have broken federal law TWICE--once by asking, and once by collecting data.
It is perfectly legal for me to own guns; it is NOT legal for you to ask and/or collect such data. YOU are breaking the law, and yet YOU are the one that is angry. Not only that, but you erroneously stated that you must ask such questions, and you did it in a very authoritative and convincing manner.
You gave me false information, which I then acted upon by answering your questions. On that basis, how can I be expected to trust your medical judgment?
When I attempted to ascertain your medical competency, you became defensive and hostile.”
“There is really no need for me to see another doctor in this practice. I‘ll go somewhere else, where my privacy is respected, and I can trust the information I receive.”

Semper Fidelis,
Marty
That is so funny and informative. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-26-2013, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
I have yet to be asked by the doctors at the VA if I own firearms. Have any other veterans been asked this at the VA?
Me too. My doctor knows I have guns because I go shooting with him.
Old 04-26-2013, 5:49 PM
Calguns Addict

i'm still waiting for the verdict from my kid's doctor cuz he asked me the same thing, and he was surprised. i guess i looked like the sheepele the anti/libs are? LOL
Old 04-26-2013, 6:09 PM
Calguns Addict

I went shooting a few times with my physical therapist

He was coming to my home 3 times a week for my shoulder rehab, and, noticed my Uplula Magloader sitting on my desk...he started asking me about it, then revealed to me that he owned a few firearms himself

Since I own several handguns, I'm sure my name is already in their databases as a gun owner...not gonna lose any sleep over it at this point

"We want food, medicine, and one of those cows" - Daryl Dixon TWD
Old 04-26-2013, 6:22 PM

I had a doctor ask me the same question a few years ago at Keiser.

It can and will be used against you under obummer care.

Of course I said NO!!! I will tell anyone that I own guns, remember I don't own any guns.

sailor

Last edited by sailor74; 04-26-2013 at 6:54 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 6:29 PM

I am printing that out (the law) and handing it to them.
Old 04-26-2013, 7:29 PM

I went to the doctor today and they asked if I was sexualy active and I said no. I almost blurted out that I own guns just to take attention off of the fact.
Bersa Thunder, Browning Buckmark Camper, Charles Daly 1911, Charter Arms Buldog Pug, Chinese SKS, Colt Double Eagle MK II Series 90 10mm, Egyptian Hakim 8mm, Heckler & Koch P2000SK, Kimber Eclipse Ultra II, Mossberg 500A Cruiser, Mossberg New Haven 600AT, Romanian M69 Trainer, Rossi Ranch Hand .44 Mag, Savage Arms Model 73, Smith & Wesson 1006 10mm, Smith & Wesson Sigma .40, Springfield Armory XD-40, Walther P1, Wyoming Arms Parker 10mm, Yugoslavian K98
Old 04-26-2013, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post

I replied, “No.”

I said, “HUH??”

I asked, “Why?”

She said, “A B.A.R.?”

I said, “Yes.”

I said, “I have an M-1.”

I said, “A rifle.”

She asked, “What kind?”

She replied, “Well, No!”

You may verify this at:
and

Semper Fidelis,
Marty

Awesome, sir!
Old 04-26-2013, 7:41 PM

I have actually taken my primary care doc and his son out to the range as well as a pharmacist I know. Guns come up pretty frequently at my doctor visits. doc ask's "you still doing the action pistol thing?" I usually show him a vid of my most recent match and then he goes on to check my muscle tone and strength as it is dwindling quickly(Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy).

every once in awhile ill get a specialist who is younger than me but want's to give me the whole "guns R bad" speech to which i usually ask him how many home invasions has he lived through and if he even plans on living through 1if it happened to him?

usually ends the conversation quickly.
my kids doc's just get told straight "none of your business".

"wildhawker
People generally do what they want, not what they can, or should."
Old 04-26-2013, 8:21 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Nice! Thanks for the links. I will use them if necessary.
Old 04-26-2013, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedrek View Post
I went to the doctor today and they asked if I was sexualy active and I said no. I almost blurted out that I own guns just to take attention off of the fact.

HAHAHA. That made me Snarf my coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLICESTATE View Post
It is not wise to create criminals where none exist. Especially when those newly-minted criminals may or may not be heavily armed with guns you know nothing about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1dude View Post
We are surrounded by insanity. We are outnumbered by idiots.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Great post ....... thanks for sharing.
"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matt 28:19]

Old 04-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Had the same doctor for years and he knows that I enjoy shooting, so does he. The only thing he ever asks is if the arthritis meds are helping my shoulder any LOL

As I've gotten older I thought I was gaining patience, then I realized I simply don't give a crap.
Old 04-27-2013, 6:26 AM

There are many Pro-2A physicians and when they own guns they own a lot of them. A lot of nice ones. OP, next time you see your Doc for your annual checkup he'll have at least a dozen and they will be top of the shelf guns and accessories
Old 04-27-2013, 6:36 AM
Veteran Member

If it was a female doctor, I would have shown her a picture of my rifle on my phone and then I would have dropped my trousers and shown her my gun.
Old 04-27-2013, 6:41 AM
Banned

My brother-in-law's doctor asked whether he owned deodorant.
ChicoDan
Old 04-27-2013, 7:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicoDan View Post
My brother-in-law's doctor asked whether he owned deodorant.
ChicoDan
Or mouthwash.

sailor