Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-23-2013, 2:11 PM

Default Emailed Senator feinstead

So I just emailed our senator who has been trying so hard to ban assault weapons and restrict our constitutional rights. Here is a copy of the email, hope you guys like it.

Dear Senator Feinstein,
I very much approve of the efforts you put forth to make this country a safer place for the country's public, especially our children. It saddens me to hear that the assault weapon ban was cancelled, for now, but it brings be great relief to know you are still fighting to keep it going. But, why stop at assault weapons? There is no reason an average citizen should own a firearm, we have an entire police force literally minutes away to protect you if you were ever in any danger. Firearms only lead to violence, our average citizens do not have the responsibility to be trusted with one. Only trained police personal, government personal, and highly trained personal security personal (you know to protect our above average citizens like yourself) should be able to obtain firearms. Doing this would make our country a much better place to live, you would never have to worry about a mass shooting again.

But, why stop at firearms. Bullying in schools leads to many suicides every year. Here are some statistics, "Suicide is the third leading cause of death among young people, resulting in about 4,400 deaths per year, according to the CDC. For every suicide among young people, there are at least 100 suicide attempts. Over 14 percent of high school students have considered suicide, and almost 7 percent have attempted it.
Bully victims are between 2 to 9 times more likely to consider suicide than non-victims, according to studies by Yale University
A study in Britain found that at least half of suicides among young people are related to bullying 10 to 14 year old girls may be at even higher risk for suicide, according to the study above
According to statistics reported by ABC News, nearly 30 percent of students are either bullies or victims of bullying, and 160,000 kids stay home from school every day because of fear of bullying" (http://www.bullyingstatistics.org)
This proves that firearms are not the only danger to the children of our great country. I believe you have the intelligence and respect of others to do something about this to protect our children. I think negative comments to anybody should be banned. Like firearms, there is no reason for anybody to be able to voice a negative comment to anybody. Doing this could really put an end to bullying making our country a much safer place.

Also, voicing opinions publicly just leads to arguments between on citizens, which leads to violence. To cut back the amount of violence between our citizens, showing your opinions publicly should be banned. There truly is no reason to voice your opinion publicly when we have elected officials, like yourself, that can voice our opinions for us. This way nobody is in any danger of provoked violence.

A loop hole around these ideas would be sarcasm, this should be banned too. We don't need anybody abusing loopholes.

Also, alcohol is another unnecessary product of our country that can lead to violence. This should be banned also. Nobody really needs alcohol, I mean it is very unhealthy and leads to many deaths every year. Also, many murders, rapes, and assaults are committed while under the effects of alcohol. Thus, banning alcohol is a very good idea it will help eliminate violence in our great country and make it a better place for all of us to live. Also tobacco is very unhealthy and causes many deaths every year. Plus, second hand smoke causes many deaths every year. I think tobacco should be banned also since its dangerous to our citizens and again it is not needed by anybody, so whats the point of having it?

Also, I think when women wear clothing that is very revealing it can arouse mean sexually, which can lead to rape. So, to help protect our citizens, we should all have a uniform that we all wear. That way nobody can be particularly aroused from another individual style of clothing, since we will all be dressed the same. This will protect us from rape. An individuals choice to what cloths they want to wear is not very necessary, just like firearms, voicing negative comments and opinions, sarcasm, and alcohol.

All these ideas I have will help make everybody equal and safe. It would be the governments responsibility to keep everybody equal and safe. I think these ideas are very possible because none of the above are needed by anybody the same way assault weapons are not needed. If we want to live in a perfect country all of these ideas need to be done. I have not thought of a name for this new perfect and equal government idea, but I'm sure you can think of something, I mean you are a very intelligent individual. I hope you go through with my ideas, we can be the revolution of the world to make a perfect society where everybody is safe and everybody is equal. What could go wrong?

I hope it makes a difference.

Last edited by Corleyh; 04-23-2013 at 7:26 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 2:14 PM

You should have just sent her a link to the communist manifesto...
Old 04-23-2013, 2:15 PM

that would of been to obvious.
Old 04-23-2013, 2:18 PM

So you proposed Sharia law?

Sent from my dress socks
Old 04-23-2013, 2:21 PM

I'm not proposing anything this was clearly a sarcastic email meant to show the ignorance in her reasoning to ban firearms
Old 04-23-2013, 2:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tight0023 View Post
You should have just sent her a link to the communist manifesto...
why would she need a link to her hompage
Old 04-23-2013, 2:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

She won't understand the sarcasm and will immediately start working on all the measures you have suggested.

If you haven't seen it with your own eyes,
or heard it with your own ears,
don't make it up with your small mind,
or spread it with your big mouth.
Old 04-23-2013, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoligny View Post
She won't understand the sarcasm and will immediately start working on all the measures you have suggested.
x2.

Politicians need a direct approach. Sarcasm and beating around the bush won't get you anywhere with them.

She might start saying, "Thank you for the lecture. I'm not a 6th grader."

Last edited by NytWolf; 04-23-2013 at 2:47 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 2:38 PM

Quote:
I very much appropriate the efforts you put forth to make this country a safer place the countries public, especially our children

I guess nobody proof reads what they write these days.
Old 04-23-2013, 2:45 PM

yeah i didnt read it through well enough. woops
Old 04-23-2013, 2:47 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoligny View Post
She won't understand the sarcasm and will immediately redouble her efforts on all the measures you have suggested.
FTFY
Old 04-23-2013, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigNoche View Post

Amazing how often you actually see similar errors in mainstream print media as well.

The world is not made up of professionals anymore I'm afraid.

A.W.D.
Old 04-23-2013, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigNoche View Post

ty for pointing out fixed it for this post
Old 04-23-2013, 3:20 PM
CGN Contributor

She likes you already. I'm sure as Feinstein is reading that she is thinking FINALLY someone who gets me!
Old 04-23-2013, 3:26 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't think these asshats like DiFi read anything sent to them by their constituents or anyone else. Maybe the azz-kissing letters of praise that her minions cull from the mail end up on her desk.

Well written though, CorleyH.
Old 04-23-2013, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
I don't think these asshats like DiFi read anything sent to them by their constituents or anyone else. Maybe the azz-kissing letters of praise that her minions cull from the mail end up on her desk.
Yeah my idea was to start nice, hoping she reads it, and gradually move into the pointing out the flaws in her logic.
Old 04-23-2013, 3:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corleyh View Post
Don't thank him, he was acting like a niggler.
Old 04-23-2013, 3:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yeah my idea was to start nice, hoping she reads it, and gradually move into the pointing out the flaws in her logic.
Wait, what? You want me to believe that you think she actually cares in the least what any of the unwashed masses thinks? enough to waste even a moment of her life reading?

Old 04-23-2013, 3:43 PM

I like it good job for the effort!!! Funny stuff!!!

For all the negative folks get a sense of humor.
Old 04-23-2013, 3:44 PM

3/10. sarcasm is not scathing and sarcastic enough, nor was it that funny. 4 points for a good effort and legitimate points though, but -1 b/c you ended the first part still supporting gun control (albeit sarcastically).
Old 04-23-2013, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
Don't thank him, he was acting like a niggler.
He was right, I should of proof read it much better. Just because he wasn't completely kind about it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve my appreciation or respect.
Old 04-23-2013, 6:39 PM

Quote:
No Problem, the overall message was good
Old 04-23-2013, 7:16 PM

Quote:
I'm not proposing anything this was clearly a sarcastic email meant to show the ignorance in her reasoning to ban firearms
May I suggest the level of sarcasm might have been higher if you had proofread the email prior to sending it.

"I very much approve of the efforts you put forth to make this country a safer place for the country's public...."

I'm sure you get the idea.
Old 04-23-2013, 7:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
May I suggest the level of sarcasm might have been higher if you had proofread the email prior to sending it.

"I very much approve of the efforts you put forth to make this country a safer place for the country's public...."

I'm sure you get the idea.
Thank you, Fixed for the post prob shouldn't of been so careless but we all know she isn't going to read it so this is more for a good laugh for us
Old 04-23-2013, 8:35 PM
Veteran Member

Good job, but she won't read it and if she does she won't care. She probably does not read any of our emails.
Old 04-23-2013, 8:50 PM

I've emailed and snail-mailed that worthless p.o.s. dozens of times while working in Iraq. Very serious and life threatening issues and another dozen emails about the corrupt disability insurance coverage provided by American International Group(AIG). I have never received any type of response, not even a form letter.
Of coarse AIG has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to her and Obummer's campaign.