Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Optics, Mounts, Rails and Sights If it aims your firearm, post about it here.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Updated IOR 4-14x50

I got a chance to shoot her today with the new scope. The knobs are so much easier to use then the original design. The original ones work well but were a little tricky to "zero". The new knobs have 4 allen screws on each side. Loosen the screws and the knob turns freely. The only knob you loosen two allen screws and hold the top of the knob while you rotate the numbers. The numbers did still click but since you are holding the upper portion of the knob it does not change position.

The problem with the old knob is the possibility of moving your zero by accident while repositioning the knob. I know this first hand by re-zeroing my windage knob before a match. It knocked me off 3 moa

Back to the info at hand. The updated knobs have 25 moa of elevation per turn of the knob. This is very nice because you can get elevation changes extremely rapidly for long distances. For my chosen load I can get to 900 yards without making a full rotation of the knob.

The glass actually seems better then before. It was much easier to read mirage with the new scope then the old one as well as resolution appeared to be higher. I have no way of being for sure or if it is a placebo effect but I am pretty pleased with my upgrade. The old IOR is definately worth the money. I loed it and it served me well as it should the new owner. The knew scope is worth the upgrade if you are a current IOR owner. I put 117 rounds on it today. Shooting was going very well until I my groups started opening up. I thought maybe I had a defective scope but then I realized my dumbass didn't torque my rings to the base properly and they came loose a little and the scope was moving back and fourth, side to side. Would change my point of impact 1 moa to the right. Once I fixed that the groups became 1/2 moa with a couple of one hole groups.

Today was just a good day of shooting. Everything just aligned and groups were terrific.

BTW Angeles keeps adding steel. There was a hanger at 400 yards that had 4 targets and a wind flag on it. There was a target that appeared to be about 2 moa in size at 400 yards. Very cool making that thing spin.

She is almost complete.

Last edited by Prc329; 11-11-2007 at 10:30 PM..
Old 11-12-2007, 8:23 PM

Wow!
Old 11-12-2007, 8:36 PM
Calguns Addict

your rifle has sure come a long way. very nice!
Old 11-12-2007, 9:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Lookin' good. Maybe you should hold off on installing the new barrel if your current one shoots so well. If not, I'll take it!
Old 11-12-2007, 9:25 PM
Calguns Addict

I may just do that. Wait till I shoot it out.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:35 PM

like the new paint job. Did you do that yourself?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Yeah. It was fun to do.