Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-22-2013, 7:57 PM
Dinosaur

Default Bloomberg: Constitution's Interpretation Must Change

http://politicker.com/2013/04/bloomb...ave-to-change/

Didn't see this elsewhere, also he's talking about 4th and (to a degree) 5th amendment rights, but this millionair isn't above trying to scrap the entire Bill of Rights... He's such a traitor.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:25 PM
Calguns Addict

What Mr. Bloomberg is saying is that, in order for our society to survive an influx of immigrants who hate us, we'll need to take away some of our freedoms.

That's it, in one sentence. And he's absolutely right. If we allow an influx of Jihadists, violent tribalists, and poor criminals, yeah, we're going to have to take away all our freedoms to tamp down a civil war from happening.

This wasn't too much freedom. This was two too many immigrants from Chechnya. Why do we have any immigrants from there? Why do we have any immigrants who don't share our values before coming here?

Exposing Leftists
Zomblog
The future of California?
Old 04-22-2013, 8:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Bloomberg ought to perform the physiologically impossible act on himself. God damned fascist pig.

We know what the problem is and we are not addressing it because of BS PC that is destroying this country.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yeah, Nanny Bloomberg is a piece of work.

BTW, his net worth is approximately $20 billion..not million.

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo
Old 04-22-2013, 8:41 PM

Bloomie's 5150. He escaped from the asylum last week and they finally got him back in, where he belongs...

Old 04-22-2013, 8:42 PM

He is not in the same league, intellect wise, as our founding fathers. He is just another Liberal control freak! I am sure he envy the kind of order Hilter had.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

That's right, and his net worth is going up and he is commited to essentially BUYING elections by throwing his fortune behind is choice candidates. Think I am full of it? See Chicago! Please don't think I am being melodramatic; look around and investigate where his money is going. The man is HELL BENT on FORCING the country to accept his vision.

May God help us.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:46 PM

"We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms."

“What we cant do is let the protection get in the way of us enjoying our freedoms."

This scumsucker is incredible . . .

The comments attached to the article are pretty good though.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:52 PM

This guy needs to be fired from being mayor and tried for violating the constitution
My Airgun collection: Colt Defender, Colt Special Combat, Crosman 357, Crosman Phantom, Hatsan Striker 1000s (in .22 Cal), Umarex Legends Parabellum Pistole P.08, Umarex XBG, Umarex Steel Force, Umarex Steel Storm.
Firearm collection: What firearms??? Don't know what you're talking about
Old 04-22-2013, 8:54 PM

Default Riddle me this . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonelar View Post
http://politicker.com/2013/04/bloomb...ave-to-change/

Didn't see this elsewhere, also he's talking about 4th and (to a degree) 5th amendment rights, but this millionair isn't above trying to scrap the entire Bill of Rights... He's such a traitor.
Here's what really needs to change . . .

Let me do this in the form of a riddle:

Q: When is a "religion" not really a religion?

A: When it's a political murder cult that has been seeking world domination since it first revealed its true nature in the year 622 A.D.

So, what needs to change?

How the word "religion" is defined by the people of the United States of America, the SCOTUS, the U.S. State Dept., all U.S. law enforcement agencies, and all federal entities, including and especially the IRS.

That is what needs to change: the legal definition of "religion."

Not the U.S. Constitution.

Because what's going on right now is that something which is not a religion is masquerading as one--and has been since the year 622 A.D.

If we keep allowing it to define itself as a "religion," then we will have to keep extending First Amendment protections to it.

If we do that, then we--Americans, Canadians, Brits, Europeans, and Australians--are simply f***ed.

That is all.
Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO

Old 04-22-2013, 8:54 PM
Calguns Addict

It's hard to believe it's not an Onion article. "We have to give up our rights so we can enjoy our freedoms!" It's no wonder that our country is in decline.
Old 04-22-2013, 8:57 PM

Wow. How in the world did this a-hole get into office. Are the people of New York crazy? He is the terrorist that hates American freedom. California is messed up with all our filthy liberal politicians, but he takes the cake.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:00 PM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

What is most offensive to me is the unabashed support to change interpretation of the Constitution based on a change in circumstances. This is what the current subscribers of a "Living Constitution" refer to and which essentially renders the wording meaningless and subject to the whim of a particular Court at any given time. While one may argue that is the way it is, that most assuredly is not the way it is supposed to be. The Constitution means what means and that meaning may apply to various and differing circumstances. HOWEVER, the interpretation of what it means should not change. The idea of a Living Constitution used to mean that it be adapted to change with changing circumstances or time because of the Amendment process. In that regard, I agree that the Constitution lives. It was not meant to be changed via judicial fiat or unchecked congressional action, in fact, it was intentionally difficult to change such that it would not change on a whim or the shift of political wind, but only when a sufficient amount of the public had agreed it was time for a change. This is because the more difficult a law is to change or subject to changing "interpretation" the more reliance people can have in laws in general. If there is no faith in law there can be no rule of law.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:27 PM

When will it ever end?

I thought these @ssclowns took oaths to "support and defend the constitution," not defile it.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:27 PM
Banned

Didn't take long for the statists with a gun hobby to show up. This is the same hysteria that brought everyone such hits as the Patriot Act, NDAA, indefinite detentions, extra-judicial assassinations, crotch grabbing TSA, drones and more. All of that was "only going to be used against the terrorists who hate our freedoms".
Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM

Is this really a quote from blooberg ?

“Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms. New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,”

wow ! just wow !
Old 04-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2002 View Post
Is this really a quote from blooberg ?

“Look, we live in a very dangerous world. We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms. New Yorkers probably know that as much if not more than anybody else after the terrible tragedy of 9/11,”

wow ! just wow !
He is gonna play the 9/11 card just like Guiliani for all it's worth, maybe even into another term limit deferment
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Douche! I can't stand that guy, or any of the other self important a-holes who want to grab all guns.
Old 04-23-2013, 8:12 AM
Veteran Member

Bloomberg is an arrogant SOB. He can go phuck himself.
Old 04-23-2013, 9:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee-pete View Post
Wow. How in the world did this a-hole get into office. Are the people of New York crazy? He is the terrorist that hates American freedom. California is messed up with all our filthy liberal politicians, but he takes the cake.
uhhh ... a bunch of liberalism seeking voters???!!??

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason
for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort,
to protect themselves against tyranny in government - Thomas Jefferson

Old 04-23-2013, 9:54 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

It's not clear at all what he means when he says that "our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution ... have to change." My guess is that he is proposing clear attacks on 2A and then challenging the Supreme Court to overturn them. Actually changing the Constitution requires an amendment approved by two-thirds majority votes in both the House of Representatives and the Senate and then ratified by three-quarters of states and that's not happening so TFB.

Last edited by lasbrg; 04-24-2013 at 10:17 AM.. Reason: fixed percentages
Old 04-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Dinosaur

Terrorists don't hate us because of our freedom. They hate us because of our politicians. Politicians hate us because of our freedom.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimber_ss View Post
Bloomie's 5150. He escaped from the asylum last week and they finally got him back in, where he belongs...

We need a Lobotomy on him!
Old 04-24-2013, 4:09 AM

Yes, we live in a changing world. In the "olden" days, a coup was done with the military, today it's being done with the wallet. Bloomberg is no different than any other dictator of the past other than instead of getting a bunch of armed rebels to put him in power, he is using his money.

I can't believe how he/they can on one hand claim that Muslims as a whole should not be punished for the acts of a small group of radicals because religion is protected by the 1st Amendment, but, Americans as a whole can be punished for the acts of a small group of criminals, regardless of 2nd Amendment protection.

Did anyone catch on MSNBC on Monday when they had Senators on the air saying how the terrorist act in Boston should not be linked to immigration reform and that it is wrong to use the public's anger and emotion to affect legislation? Not even a week after the gun control debate in the Senate? I can't believe they haven't been called out for that!
Old 04-24-2013, 4:30 AM

Why do arrogant a-holes like this preach about respecting everyone else's rights and beliefs then go on to trash our rights? This is frightening. I'm supposed to be accepting of Muslims whose goal it is to kill me, but I don't want to kill anyone and I have to be disarmed because I'm the dangerous one.
Old 04-24-2013, 4:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
When will it ever end?

I thought these @ssclowns took oaths to "support and defend the constitution," not defile it.
I don't think they will stop until a few thousand gunnies show up for an armed, peaceful protest, and make it clear we won't put up with it any more butchering of the constitution.
Old 04-24-2013, 4:41 AM
Veteran Member

Bloomberg is at the top of the list. Pete
The problem is HEADSPACE between the ears!
Obama for 8 years will be the worst thing to happen to
our country since the Civil War.
Old 04-24-2013, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarn_Helm View Post
Here's what really needs to change . . .

Let me do this in the form of a riddle:

Q: When is a "religion" not really a religion?

A: When it's a political murder cult that has been seeking world domination since it first revealed its true nature in the year 622 A.D.

So, what needs to change?

How the word "religion" is defined by the people of the United States of America, the SCOTUS, the U.S. State Dept., all U.S. law enforcement agencies, and all federal entities, including and especially the IRS.

That is what needs to change: the legal definition of "religion."

Not the U.S. Constitution.

Because what's going on right now is that something which is not a religion is masquerading as one--and has been since the year 622 A.D.

If we keep allowing it to define itself as a "religion," then we will have to keep extending First Amendment protections to it.

If we do that, then we--Americans, Canadians, Brits, Europeans, and Australians--are simply f***ed.

That is all.
Since both US and Islamic courts have ruled the Sharia is inseperrable from Islam and Sharia is a form of Government with Allah as the Head of State.

Islam = Theocracy.

Theocracy = Contrary form of government to ours

Contrary form of Government = Illegal

Now we all know its not quite that simple, but there is some truth to the little deduction above.
Old 04-24-2013, 5:03 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
Since both US and Islamic courts have ruled the Sharia is inseperrable from Islam and Sharia is a form of Government with Allah as the Head of State.

Islam = Theocracy.

Now we all know its not quite that simple, but there is some truth to the little deduction above.
Ok, but how about this then?

The Kingdom of God is inseparable from Christianity, where a kingdom is a form of government with God as the head of state.

Christianity = Theocracy.

If this doesn't really fly, I'd say the slams on Islam don't either. It's just more of people's silly beliefs.
Old 04-24-2013, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbrg View Post
Ok, but how about this then?

The Kingdom of God is inseparable from Christianity, where a kingdom is a form of government with God as the head of state.

Christianity = Theocracy.

If this doesn't really fly, I'd say the slams on Islam don't either. It's just more of people's silly beliefs.
If that is how your faith/denomonation believes then yes, your right. My understanding of christianity differs as there are only 10 laws and the rest is up to the fallity or faith of man to run the state as he/she sees fit.

Last edited by 09rubicon; 04-24-2013 at 5:48 AM..
Old 04-24-2013, 5:50 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09rubicon View Post
If that is how your faith/denomonation believes then yes, your right. ...
Negative. That was just a strawman to knock over - an example of how a theology could be twisted by an outsider who didn't really understand it.
Old 04-24-2013, 6:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
We need a Lobotomy on him!
Make it a double.
Old 04-24-2013, 7:07 AM

Quote:
Negative. That was just a strawman to knock over - an example of how a theology could be twisted by an outsider who didn't really understand it.
I think the problem here is not outsiders twisting what they don't understand, but insiders trying to cover what they are/ truly want. Education can go a long way on both sides, but Islam is no great secret or mystery either.
Old 04-24-2013, 7:40 AM

Love this from the comments below the article:

"We're going to suspend your rights to protest, bear arms, privacy, and trial by jury."
"Why?"
"To protect you from terrorists."
"Why do we need to be protected from terrorists?"
"They hate you for your freedom."

He just doesn't get it!
USCCA Member
Old 04-24-2013, 8:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatbay View Post
He is not in the same league, intellect wise, as our founding fathers...
I can't think of ANYONE in politics, or in general for that matter that has the intellect, selflessness and courage of our founding fathers.
Old 04-24-2013, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefitter View Post
I can't think of ANYONE in politics, or in general for that matter that has the intellect, selflessness and courage of our founding fathers.
The general ease of life and lack of necessity for such things in today's world (America) has bred this out of modern (American) man for the most part.

A.W.D.
Old 04-24-2013, 9:18 AM
Calguns Addict

They had a great debate on the nea show about this. i never knew blooberg sopke in the Heller case.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 04-24-2013, 9:48 AM

liberty > security

Banberg can FOAD
Old 04-24-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
It's not clear at all what he means when he says that "our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution ... have to change." My guess is that he is proposing clear attacks on 2A and then challenging the Supreme Court to overturn them. Actually changing the Constitution requires an amendment approved by two-thirds of the states and that's not happening so TFB.
Constitutional amendments require ratification by 3 / 4 of the states.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdd View Post
Constitutional amendments require ratification by 3 / 4 of the states.
That's right - 2/3 of both House and Senate and 3/4 of the states. Thanks!