Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-22-2013, 4:18 PM

Default TX Congressman Points Out the Real Problem Related to Gun Control: Mental Health

Rather than disarming law-abiding citizens, I believe we need to look at the mental health system in this country, and evaluate areas of improvement in order to help those suffering from mental illness.

http://texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-...health-0053731
bprice@bluewonder.us
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 PM

Cool. Now what would you do to stop gun violence caused by gangs?
Old 04-23-2013, 4:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Now what would you do to stop gun violence caused by gangs?
End the welfare state, so they can't eat or have clothes without passing a drug test and background check to work a job that pays for what they need in life like you and me.
Old 04-23-2013, 5:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
End the welfare state, so they can't eat or have clothes without passing a drug test and background check to work a job that pays for what they need in life like you and me.
I can tell you right now that won't work either. The mother of their children will give her welfare check to them. Or the gang bangers family will support them with food and shelter. There is only one way to stop the gang problem but it isn't politically correct. So it will never happen. Gangs and the crime they cause, along with the huge cost to the tax payer, will continue until the sheep grow a pair and apply the "not pollitically correct" solution. Just the way it is.
Old 04-23-2013, 5:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
The mother of their children will give her welfare check to them. Or the gang bangers family will support them with food and shelter.
Or, they will just continue to do what they already do... robbery, burglary, theft, murder.

Last edited by Regulus; 04-23-2013 at 5:31 AM..
Old 04-23-2013, 5:46 AM
NOT BANNED..yet
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I can tell you right now that won't work either. The mother of their children will give her welfare check to them. Or the gang bangers family will support them with food and shelter. There is only one way to stop the gang problem but it isn't politically correct. So it will never happen. Gangs and the crime they cause, along with the huge cost to the tax payer, will continue until the sheep grow a pair and apply the "not pollitically correct" solution. Just the way it is.
Yup, this is very very true
/thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by njineermike View Post
Biden is only there so nobody assassinates Obama. He's like a bullet proof vest that drinks too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
It's right next to the part that says gays can get married and sluts get free birth control.
ΦΑ
Old 04-23-2013, 6:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWolf View Post
Most of those young men (like in Chicago) grow up in a Gang Culture. They have no father figure (for instance, 80% of black families in the Chicago Getto areas have NO father in the home). Fathers are needed to mentor young boys what being a man is all about. Soon the Gang becomes the peer groups. Add a lack of education, no skills, dropping out of school and we are left with nothing but trouble when gangs kill each other. (and others).

Chicago has the toughest gun laws around yet have a murder rate thats above 500 people a year. WTF..?! Just proof that that it's a social problem, not a gun problem.

Maybe they should outlaw sex between stupid people who will never hold anything better than a McJob. (hahaha)

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).
Old 04-23-2013, 6:47 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWolf View Post
Zero intolerance was always my favorite. People choose to do criminal activity, they should be punished for their decisions. I don't mind building more prisons. Economic stimulus plan!!!! Millions grow up in gang riddled communities but don't join gangs. "A product of their environment!!", a lot of political correctness BS!!!

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 04-23-2013, 6:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I can tell you right now that won't work either. The mother of their children will give her welfare check to them.
None for them either. Can't feed them by your own paycheck then don't have them or off they go to a home that will.
Quote:
Just the way it is.
Our opposition didn't and doesn't think that way, so neither should we.
In Pennsylvania Your permit to carry concealed is called a License to carry fire arms. Other states call it a CCW. In New Jersey it's called a crime.
Discretionary Issue is the new Separate but Equal.
Old 04-23-2013, 7:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPNovum View Post
Rather than disarming law-abiding citizens, I believe we need to look at the mental health system in this country, and evaluate areas of improvement in order to help those suffering from mental illness.

http://texasgopvote.com/issues/stop-...health-0053731
Blaming these shootings on Mental Health is something that is going to come back to bite us. We've already seen examples of state and local governments liberally defining what mental health issues means and as a result, people are losing access to guns. Please, stop and consider the power that the government will have if we (Pro-RKBA groups) continue to try to promote mental health as cause for random acts of violence. Vets who were willing to fight and die for our country could be denied access to guns because of PTSD. Regular citizens who, in their past, have gone to the doctor seeking help for anything from sleeping aids or counseling after a tragedy could suddenly find their 2A rights missing in action. All we are doing is operating in the gun grabber's world and trying to find something politically convenient to blame.

I don't understand why we don't just say it: The world isn't fair or safe. Actually, I do - people can't accept a world that black and white. Thus they try to find reasons for it as a means to have stopped by the government. We can blame all sorts of things but the simple fact is that humanity is evil and people will do horrible things to each other. Best you can do is stay aware and bring something to defend yourself at all times.

Proud Contributing Member:
Old 04-23-2013, 7:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
None for them either. Can't feed them by your own paycheck then don't have them or off they go to a home that will.Our opposition didn't and doesn't think that way, so neither should we.
The none "PC" answer is if anyone want's me to support them with my hard earned tax dollars, they must have the testicles and ovaries removed. Anyone that disagrees with this doesn't want to solve the problem.
Old 04-23-2013, 8:43 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Florida tried that - doesn't work.