Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 04-22-2013, 4:15 PM

Default Finally found some MatchKing's!!

Misleading title...sorta. I went to pick up my new rifle out of jail today and coicidentally, they had a SINGLE BOX of 168gr HPBT Matchking's.......now if I could only get some large rifle primers I am all set. Oh and a scope too.

Old 04-22-2013, 5:18 PM
Veteran Member

Sweet, too bad you aren't closer, I would spot you a hundred LRP's to send those dudes down range. 168 SMK's one of my favs out to 600 yds.

Have fun, good luck finding the LRP's.
Old 04-22-2013, 5:21 PM

LRP magnums are everywhere..... That's all I can ever find.... Yet I don't shoot large rifle yet
Old 04-22-2013, 5:56 PM

Nice! Looks like a 5r, but with bottom medal and adj. cheek riser. Is that part of the anniversary package?
Old 04-22-2013, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy trigger View Post
Nice! Looks like a 5r, but with bottom medal and adj. cheek riser. Is that part of the anniversary package?
Thanks! It is a 5R. No that was from another stock I had previously purchased (ironically a 5R take-off, haha) that had already been inletted for the bottom metal to accomodate a detachable box mag as well as having the kydex cheek riser installed.

I had no idea it was a 10th anniversary model until I saw it on the barrel. Not sure what's so special about it.

So now I have a brand new 5R stock, bottom metal, internal box mag, and action screws I need to sell, which sounds like a good idea to fund the glass for up top.
Old 04-22-2013, 9:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Nice find… in this market its cause for celebration…

It’s funny because I find reloading components when I am not looking for em… I walked into Turners to check out some guns on sale and I see a box of CCI SPP sitting on the shelf… I almost jumped over the counter to claim it before someone else did.

That was a good day since I’m almost out of SPP and gave up looking for them.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:22 PM

Nice find. I picked up a few hundred Berger VLDs because the cabelas I was at had not a single 308 projectile made by sierra or hornady, so hey atleast I am branching out.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckshoots View Post
Nice find. I picked up a few hundred Berger VLDs because the cabelas I was at had not a single 308 projectile made by sierra or hornady, so hey atleast I am branching out.
haha that is true. if there's a positive thing about this drought it's that it's causing some of us to try new combinations and loads, which is really where the fun in reloading lies anyway.

then again, i'm pretty stocked up with all my other calibers. just need LRP to try 308.
Old 04-23-2013, 8:18 AM

Yes, I started a year ago and only had varget, 175SMKs, and fed 210 primers now I have added IMR4064, winchester primers, Hornady 150 SP, Berger 155 and 168VLDs. Gotta love it. time to experiment