Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:25 AM
jpezzella jpezzella is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Retailer will not ship ammunition to California (Sportsman's Guide)

This has got to stop!

I tried to place an online order for ammunition (.17hmr) from http://www.sportsmansguide.com this weekend and got an error message that they could not / would not ship to my zip code (93035) in California.

I have since spoken to two representative of the company and they both maintain that certain California counties will not permit them to ship ammunition into the state and was then read a list of the counties, including LA, Ventura and many others.

Is anyone aware of this? I have bought ammo online from out-of-state and have never had a problem.

I wish our legislators spend more time working on legislation to send the 50 million illegal immigrants that we have here home (see below).

(The Fed acknowledges 11 million, as if that was not enough, plus the 8 million who were already granted amnesty. If you research it, from data provided by DHS and Border Patrol stated on average we have 4,000 illegals entering into the country DAILY. Take that number and multiply by the number of days since the last amnesty... the product of this calculation is about 50 million or 1/6th of our population.)

I would also like to know whose butt Hussein Obama pulled out his "90% of gun owners are in favor of expanded background checks" number. Look on the whitehouse.gov webpage. In a recent brief speech, the un-president used this made up statistic 11 times, with no information to back it up, like where he got the number. Seems kind of like his birth certificate.

I actually voted for the guy first time out. What a mistake. I will never again vote for a rookie senator, nor a Chicago politician to be the leader of our troubled land. How sad that it has come to this.

Take away their guns and everything else will be easy.

Last edited by jpezzella; 04-22-2013 at 9:49 AM.. Reason: Left out a word.
  #2  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:30 AM
dunnigan's Avatar
dunnigan dunnigan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 785
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Don't blame them. Many companies stopped after the first county/cities in ca started with this ammo ban/limit/fingerprint garbage. Too much liability and trouble to keep a current list of who can and who cant except ammo in Ca.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson

Participating in a gun "buy back" because you believe that the
criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because
you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.
  #3  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:33 AM
003 003 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,419
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I went through the same issue with them a few years back. I live in Ventura County, and I know for a FACT that Ventura County has no rule, law, ordinance or policy that restricts having ammunition shipped in from out of state.

I simply started using Midsouth and Natchez for my ammunition purchases. Both ship without issues. I will never ever buy anything from Sportsman's Guide.

Last edited by 003; 04-22-2013 at 9:41 AM..
  #4  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:35 AM
Hoooper Hoooper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 2,441
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

just dont order anything from them. anything...not just ammo. if they dont want to take the 2 mins to confirm they can ship there then dont worry about not buying from them
  #5  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:36 AM
-hanko's Avatar
-hanko -hanko is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bay Area & SW Idaho
Posts: 9,483
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpezzella View Post
I tried to place an online order for ammunition (.17hmr) from http://www.sportsmansguide.com this weekend and got an error message that they could not / would not ship to my zip code (93035) in California.

I would also like to know whose butt Hussein Obama pulled out his "90% of gun owners are in favor of expanded background checks" number. Look on the whitehouse.gov webpage. In a recent brief speech, the un-president used this made up statistic 11 times, with no information to back it up, like where he got the number. Seems kind of like his birth certificate.

Take away their guns and everything else will be easy.
That's SG...try CTD next time.

If you feel Zero's 90% is hard to believe, I'd believe it...

A bit more than half polled here were in favor of background checks in at least 2 polls...that's from a forum of shooters and gun owners.

What's worse? Even though the PRK requires background checks, the portion that answered "yes" in the polls preferred the remainder of the country without background checks should have them.
__________________
"Tactical" is like boobs...you can sell anything with it....arf


Originally Posted By System Message:
Why can't you guys participate in a simple discussion about some guy's mom making a porno without violating the COC? This is why we can't have nice things.



“Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.”
Mark Twain
  #6  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:38 AM
ElvenSoul's Avatar
ElvenSoul ElvenSoul is online now
Free at Last!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 15,298
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I believe this has been their policy since 2004
  #7  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:39 AM
j411701 j411701 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ventura
Posts: 731
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
I went through the same issue with them a few years back. I live in Ventura County, and I know for a FACT that Ventura County has no rule, law, ordinance or policy that restricts having ammunition shipped in from out of state.

I simply started using Midsouth and Natchez for my ammunitions purchases. Both ship without issues.
Same here my $ goes to other companies that have no problem shipping to here.
__________________
These folks writing the gun laws are weapons grade stupid
  #8  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:41 AM
AlaskaGuy's Avatar
AlaskaGuy AlaskaGuy is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Not where I want to be
Posts: 252
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I bought a case of 9mm on March 20th from them and they shipped it here in LA county.

Some places won't ship to city of LA, but LA county is okay.

Oxnard.. not a clue...
__________________
  #9  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:42 AM
AKSOG's Avatar
AKSOG AKSOG is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,583
iTrader: 16 / 100%
Default

I had the same thing happen to me in Orange County. I will never purchase anything from them again
  #10  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:44 AM
dunnigan's Avatar
dunnigan dunnigan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 785
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Do you see the future for gun owners in Ca? Manufactures will just stop shipping anything that might even come close to any of the stupid bans we have in this state and folks will boycott until you end up with no company to buy from..

Im not as confident as many are that the current SCOUS will over turn all this garbage in ca and the other states that just passed GC bills. This court had the majority to issue a final concrete opinion on the 2A and really halfazzed it with Scalia's statement about allowing restrictions. Yes, I know we have the common use statement in the heller opinion but with Roberts leading the court Im not confident a lot of these bills that will become law will be overturned.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson

Participating in a gun "buy back" because you believe that the
criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because
you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.
  #11  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:46 AM
dunnigan's Avatar
dunnigan dunnigan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 785
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Until we can place men like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz on the SCOUS we are not safe. Of course we will never place such men on the courts without electing similar men (and women) to the senate/congress and presidency.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson

Participating in a gun "buy back" because you believe that the
criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because
you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.
  #12  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:48 AM
SilverTauron SilverTauron is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5,705
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Have you seen your legislative docket?

The OP lives in one of the most anti gun states in America,and wonders why he cannot easily order ammunition.
__________________
The more prohibitions you have, the less virtuous people will be.
The more subsidies you have, the less self reliant people will be.
-Lao-Tzu, Tau Te Ching. 479 BCE

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
  #13  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:50 AM
kostner's Avatar
kostner kostner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 120
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnigan View Post
Don't blame them. Many companies stopped after the first county/cities in ca started with this ammo ban/limit/fingerprint garbage. Too much liability and trouble to keep a current list of who can and who cant except ammo in Ca.
Wonder who keeps re electing these people in to office that write such laws?
  #14  
Old 04-22-2013, 9:52 AM
jmonte35's Avatar
jmonte35 jmonte35 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Shiloh, IL
Posts: 1,473
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Unfortunately I agree with Sportsmen Guide.....only people to blame are the voters. The company made a decision not to sell because of the decisions of lawmakers.

Put it this way.....

We all want the firearms industries to stop selling to police or any state supporting a firearms ban but when it hits home you get mad at them??!!

Only people to blame are the people of California not the industries who have to deal with B.S. like California laws.

Sportsmen guide is the last people to get mad at. Get mad at your government and get others to get mad.
  #15  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Hoooper Hoooper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Petaluma
Posts: 2,441
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
Unfortunately I agree with Sportsmen Guide.....only people to blame are the voters. The company made a decision not to sell because of the decisions of lawmakers.
how does that make sense? Would you blame black voters for Jim Crow Laws? We as gun owners in CA should be punished because we arent a majoriy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmonte35 View Post
We all want the firearms industries to stop selling to police or any state supporting a firearms ban but when it hits home you get mad at them??!!
bit off base, what we want is for the industry to only sell "civilian approved" items to the police, such as on roster handguns, 10 rd mags, AR-15s with bullet buttons, etc
  #16  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 AM
jmonte35's Avatar
jmonte35 jmonte35 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Shiloh, IL
Posts: 1,473
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

In short yes......you're going to have to face the reality that businesses simply are going to stop selling in California. It's just not worth it. You are blaming a business for making calculated decisions to not put their business at risk.

Once again only people to blame are the voters. Until we swing the opposition we are the minority in California.

Jim Crow laws are a good example since you brought them up.....they were overturned right??? Once enough people saw that it wasn't right.

Once again the only people to be pissed at are the voters....what are you doing to change that? Besides complaining about how a company chooses not to support areas that demonize their products.

But hey lets blame a seller because that's easier right??

You're argument should be....It really blows that because of my elected congressmen's decisions I can't buy ammo from some retailers maybe I need to get involved and start swinging some votes. Go to a rally....maybe volunteer.

I agree we need to get mad but focus that on where it needs to be.

In your argument of the Jim Crow laws...would you suggest that states that were unsegregated continue to support the states that were segregated? Or would you suggest that boycotts made the difference??

Once industries start boycotting us maybe that will make our voices stronger. I hope it doesn't have to come to that but maybe finally that will get people to start opening their eyes.

Thanks for making my argument stronger.

To the Op....it won't stop until we get fed up and either fight back or leave the state. There's no common sense, "political correctness" is what continues to win....what an oxymoron..."politically correct" lol.

Last edited by jmonte35; 04-22-2013 at 10:31 AM..
  #17  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:32 AM
003 003 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,419
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

I would like someone to explain to me why they are defending Sportsman’s Guide relative to not shipping ammunition to certain parts of California when it is completely legal and they are wrong. I understand the issues as they relate to California politics, but to repeat - - Ventura county has no law, regulation, ordinance, rule or policy relative to those living in Ventura County receiving ammunition from an out of state vendor.

To repeat Sportsman’s Guide is wrong when they say they are following local law.

Last edited by 003; 04-22-2013 at 10:35 AM..
  #18  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:39 AM
roaddog's Avatar
roaddog roaddog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpezzella View Post
This has got to stop!

I tried to place an online order for ammunition (.17hmr) from http://www.sportsmansguide.com this weekend and got an error message that they could not / would not ship to my zip code (93035) in California.

I have since spoken to two representative of the company and they both maintain that certain California counties will not permit them to ship ammunition into the state and was then read a list of the counties, including LA, Ventura and many others.

Is anyone aware of this? I have bought ammo online from out-of-state and have never had a problem.

I wish our legislators spend more time working on legislation to send the 50 million illegal immigrants that we have here home (see below).

(The Fed acknowledges 11 million, as if that was not enough, plus the 8 million who were already granted amnesty. If you research it, from data provided by DHS and Border Patrol stated on average we have 4,000 illegals entering into the country DAILY. Take that number and multiply by the number of days since the last amnesty... the product of this calculation is about 50 million or 1/6th of our population.)

I would also like to know whose butt Hussein Obama pulled out his "90% of gun owners are in favor of expanded background checks" number. Look on the whitehouse.gov webpage. In a recent brief speech, the un-president used this made up statistic 11 times, with no information to back it up, like where he got the number. Seems kind of like his birth certificate.

I actually voted for the guy first time out. What a mistake. I will never again vote for a rookie senator, nor a Chicago politician to be the leader of our troubled land. How sad that it has come to this.

Take away their guns and everything else will be easy.

Off topic, but I have to ask
As I do anyone who EVER voted for BHO. Exactly what was it about BHO that made you want to vote for him? His outstanding 2 years as a senator, his time in Chicago politics…what exactly was it? I am really courious
__________________
  #19  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 AM
Wiz-of-Awd Wiz-of-Awd is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Where I'm at ;)
Posts: 2,415
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
I would like someone to explain to me why they are defending Sportsman’s Guide relative to not shipping ammunition to certain parts of California when it is completely legal and they are wrong. I understand the issues as they relate to California politics, but to repeat - - Ventura county has no law, regulation, ordinance, rule or policy relative to those living in Ventura County receiving ammunition from an out of state vendor.

To repeat Sportsman’s Guide is wrong when they say they are following local law.
I think it falls under the same logic as a supermarket or other retail establishment that may post a sign saying, "We have the right to refuse service to anyone."

A.W.D.
__________________
Quote:
In the end, time and irony always win.
  #20  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Legasat's Avatar
Legasat Legasat is offline
Intergalactic Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego North County
Posts: 4,156
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

There ARE certain Counties and Cities that restrict ammo shipments. SG is right about that. Whether yours in one of them I don't know.
__________________
..

.........STGC(SW)


SAF Life Member


NRA Benefactor
  #21  
Old 04-22-2013, 10:52 AM
glock_this's Avatar
glock_this glock_this is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Under your skin
Posts: 8,227
iTrader: 48 / 98%
Default

I hate to say this, as it just means we have accepted this fact & have no control over it, but this is a pretty old issue. Nothing new.

If you think this is bad, look at AB 48 and SB 53 and AB 187, etc.
__________________
10 +1 in the chamber

WTS: Gun stuff & things

Last edited by glock_this; 04-22-2013 at 10:57 AM..
  #22  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 33,542
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Frequent complaint. SG is well known for it's confusion over CA laws.

Spend your money with a business that wants it.
__________________
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Unless there is some way to amend a bill so you would support it,
the details do not matter until the Governor signs or allows the bill to become law.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:02 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.