Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:12 AM

Thumbs up Flashbang Bra Holster as seen on NCIS LA, NCIS Los Angeles

Thought you all might like this.

I did a search this didn't come up.
Old 04-21-2013, 3:39 PM
Calguns Addict

The draw is discreet enough,but what about reholstering?

I know from experience that after a defensive incident your nerves will be jacked up.Adrenaline comedown will have your muscles shaking like a Parkinson's patient,and your concious mind will realize that someone either nearly or actually got killed just then.

That is NOT the time to be sticking a tiny, loaded pistol into a holster aimed at your chest.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 04-21-2013, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
The draw is discreet enough,but what about reholstering?

I know from experience that after a defensive incident your nerves will be jacked up.Adrenaline comedown will have your muscles shaking like a Parkinson's patient,and your concious mind will realize that someone either nearly or actually got killed just then.

That is NOT the time to be sticking a tiny, loaded pistol into a holster aimed at your chest.

You make a very valid point. However, to be clear about this, if you've just drawn a concealed weapon and discharged it, I imagine that you would NOT be putting it back into your holster regardless of where the holster is located. It's more likely you would wait for law enforcement to arrive and show clear or simply await law enforcement instruction on how they wish for you to put down the weapon. Not only would I not want to re-conceal a weapon I just discharged into someone's chest, I would also want to make sure my weapon remains drawn in the event the threat was not stopped and he gets back up again.

Of course, I've never taken a defensive pistol course; so, I may be way off the mark here.

BK

Last edited by BadKitty; 04-21-2013 at 6:02 PM..
Old 04-21-2013, 6:56 PM

Kitty, I think your instincts are correct.

And I wouldn't holster a hot handgun next to my skin too suddenly.

Flashbangs are a little suspect, because of being so close to the heart. But they're not all that closer than a shoulder holster. Everything has its risks.

We continue to struggle with holster issues, partly because most holsters are generally designed for men. And partly because women have so many more body types than men do. (That's why men can just buy jeans by waist size and we get to do size + misses/ petite / women or tall.) Most of us can't carry on a hip because we already have hips. Belly bands sound like a good idea, except for in Sacramento in summer.

Do we have any women who are garment design engineers, who might want to take a crack at this? Bugguts has a really good idea, what else can we do.
Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 04-21-2013, 7:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKitty View Post
You make a very valid point. However, to be clear about this, if you've just drawn a concealed weapon and discharged it, I imagine that you would NOT be putting it back into your holster regardless of where the holster is located. It's more likely you would wait for law enforcement to arrive and show clear or simply await law enforcement instruction on how they wish for you to put down the weapon. Not only would I not want to re-conceal a weapon I just discharged into someone's chest, I would also want to make sure my weapon remains drawn in the event the threat was not stopped and he gets back up again.

Of course, I've never taken a defensive pistol course; so, I may be way off the mark here.

BK
There are circumstances when re holstering immediately is a wise idea,such as after an attack in a public place like a mall or parking lot.911 may already be alerted to an incident before you called, and having a gun in your hands will not please the constables responding.

To wit,most defensive incidents are ended with the bad guy aborting their attack once they see you draw or that youre armed.Re holstering under the mentioned jittery circumstance definitely is important,before some bystander phones the cops.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 04-21-2013, 7:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Kitty, I think your instincts are correct.

And I wouldn't holster a hot handgun next to my skin too suddenly.

Flashbangs are a little suspect, because of being so close to the heart. But they're not all that closer than a shoulder holster. Everything has its risks.

We continue to struggle with holster issues, partly because most holsters are generally designed for men. And partly because women have so many more body types than men do. (That's why men can buy jeanss by waist size and we get to do size + misses/ petite / women or tall.) Most of us can't carry on a hip because we already have hips. Belly bands sound like a good idea, except for in Sacramento in summer.

Do we have any women who are garment design engineers, who might want to take a crack at this? Bugguts has a really good idea, what else can we do.
I posted what I did because honestly, the adrenaline surge and its aftereffects are something which should be considered.A properly arranged shoulder rig has the gun pointing behind the shooter with a snap or active retention,so an ND is unlikely.Being a man ive never used that bra holster,but it would seem a woman is but one jittery move away from a nasty injury should an ND via reholstering take place with that sort of holster.If it happens with my Miami Classic, the back of my shirt gets blown off,not my chest.

Being nervous during the re-holster is not an unknown problem among LE;thats typically when Glock Leg can happen.

Last edited by SilverTauron; 04-21-2013 at 7:14 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 12:08 AM

not every single scenario needs to follow the tactical mall-ninja guideline of re-holstering.

this method is probably one of the most practical way for women to carry on-body. at least this will encourage women to carry more often.

in a good shoot, especially by a woman, regardless of witnesses or not, the cops arent gonna go muzzle-sweeping crazy like in boston...

Sometime this entire re-holstering procedures and consequences are taking out of proportion. i read many defensive shooting stories on a daily basis from events across the country. i have yet to read anything that involved "holster" issues or the good guy being shot by LEO. On a realistic/practical matter, the entire "proper re-holstering" topic is as much a red herring as all the arguments for "no one needs to carry a gun".
Old 04-22-2013, 6:03 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stunna Lot View Post
not every single scenario needs to follow the tactical mall-ninja guideline of re-holstering."
There is nothing tactical about shaking like a leaf after a defensive incident, most cases of which end with the bad guy running into the bushes. That kind of life-and-death adrenaline induced stress is beyond what most of us non-Special Forces types will ever know, until the Moment of Truth -hence why I mention it here. At this point it would be wise to put the gun back where you got it-and the less hazardous that is to the owner, the better.

Quote:
this method is probably one of the most practical way for women to carry on-body. at least this will encourage women to carry more often
The women here are more then capable of determining for themselves what the most practical form of carry is .

Quote:
in a good shoot, especially by a woman, regardless of witnesses or not, the cops arent gonna go muzzle-sweeping crazy like in boston...
In the unlikely event shots are fired, the police will take time to arrive on scene. Even sharp police agencies take at least 5 minutes to arrive once a call has been made- so while the odds of being discovered by the police are miniscule-yet, something must be done with the weapon before you can dial 911. I know from experience that when the pros say you'll be a discombobulated mess after a defensive encounter, they're not making s##t up. You'll barely be able to press the buttons on your cell phone.

Quote:
Sometime this entire re-holstering procedures and consequences are taking out of proportion. i read many defensive shooting stories on a daily basis from events across the country. i have yet to read anything that involved "holster" issues or the good guy being shot by LEO. On a realistic/practical matter, the entire "proper re-holstering" topic is as much a red herring as all the arguments for "no one needs to carry a gun".
I'm not posting this from Guns and Ammo magazine. I unfortunately have been targeted before for attack on multiple occasions, and can tell you from sad experience that after a defensive incident your mind will be a train wreck-unless you point guns at people for a living, and even then its not exactly fun.

You know why people shouldn't make an immediate statement to the cops after an incident? Because your sense of time and events is altered when you're in the "fight or flight" mode. You're so focused on surviving, that counting rounds or notating what color the bad guy's pants were is irrelevant.

Few people write about this part because honestly there isn't an easy way to discuss it. Im struggling in trying to relate this,and am making this effort because I've been there. Take it from me-you don't want to make putting the gun away any more difficult then it has to. Its not about "mall ninja" BS, its about the fact that you'll be extremely stressed that you almost died not to long ago.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 PM

the ground is always the best, safest, and easiest/simplest option. if its good enough for a holster, its good enough for the ground.

like i said, all of this fear/need to have a "proper" reholstering is still a big red herring. definitely a good tool for the "tactical folks", but hardly an issue in real life defensive use. a gun at home is a useless gun, any holster that facilitates carrying is the 1 and only concern, even if it doesnt have a reholster option
Old 04-23-2013, 4:37 AM
C3 Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I posted this awhile back, Flashbang customization is about 4 weeks.

Looper advertises them at $49.99

An article, review here.

My thoughts as far as the ladies go, holsters are like shoes, you ought to have many to choose from

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers
New eCommerce site is up, if you have any problems with it, let me know.

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf