Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOSCHEKER View Post

My jeep has this sticker, and a NRA sticker on the opposite side of the window. I haven't been Fooked with yet.
Hangman's noose and a cutie Obama stickie.

Cute...not.

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz-of-Awd View Post
Saw that backfire - real bad on someone on the freeway. Didn't go quite as planned.

Better to simply let off the accelerator...

Slowly coast to an agonizing and painfully-slow speed. Gives you more time to irritate the dip**** behind you, and is much safer for everyone involved.

A.W.D.
I like this idea.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 AM
Calguns Addict

The average gun guy is a more thoughtful person than the guy who cut you off. Sorry for this. Keep being a good guy and drive safe.

DefenseIndustries.US
Auburn, CA
Old 04-20-2013, 12:23 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
I feel like doing what he did to you every 5 min driving on LA street to anyone with an obummer sticker but then I tell my self I would just be on there level so I smile and continue with my drive.

You know when people tail gate me I dont wait for a reason.... I slam on my breaks!
Better yet, if your power train will take it dump a couple gears. No break lights.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 04-20-2013, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member

Finger gun, he might crap his pants

If you don't like the price of something I am selling please feel free to move along... The market, not you, will determine what it's worth. Thanks!
Old 04-20-2013, 1:20 AM

Lol
Old 04-20-2013, 3:31 AM

Well, now that we have got beyond the nursery school sandbox dominance displays, and into high school, "oh yeah? we'll meet you after school," infantile fantasies of bullies and gangstas, let's have some adult discussion.

Keep the NRA decals off your vehicles for the above stated reasons. Don't make yourself a target for moronic behavior, vandalism and criminal acts. Guns only provide us power when we are justified in using them, and no body is going to commit a homicide over such behavior. In these instances a gun is a liability, so travel incognito.

I also removed all the anti-Obama stickers for the same reason.

We drive through a sea of people, a few will be potential lunatics and mass murderers, people we don't need to play with. Be safe, be smart, win in the end.
Old 04-20-2013, 7:16 AM

These are the reactions of a wacko Libtard extremist who finally boiled over. And yes, that idiot-of-idiots should be feared, but what is MORE frightening is that this moron is only finally acting out what millions of his useful-idiot brethren are all thinking. The Libbunist media with all its progressivist backing have done a bang-up job of convincing a lot of US Citizens (and illegals) that anyone with a firearm is a fascist, right-wing extremist just seconds away from blowing someone away or from killing THEM!

It is actually quite stunning how much closer we are to a national meltdown where a very large portion of the nation's citizenry who have succumbed to the fear-based propaganda of the Libbunist media now literally believe that what they believe are Conservative right-wingers are literally out to kill them, and THAT is why they feel they need to (whilst keeping their own guns of course) ensure that those wacko Conservative right-wing nutjobs don't have the weapons to do just that. It has become so visceral (and vicious) that the mere possession of a sticker that indicates possible possession of a firearm is enough to trigger, through fear, near-psychotic behavior.

You see, it's not about truth and facts and what is real (as in there are tens-of-millions of guns with owners who DAILY do NOT assault or hurt anyone, and sometimes even PROTECT others, etc.) ... it's about manufactured and willful fear. Hence the incredulity one feels when they unleash the ramifications of that fear.

It's a really sad commentary regarding what we've allowed this country to become.

Last edited by 15thaf5thbw; 04-20-2013 at 7:19 AM..
Old 04-20-2013, 7:20 AM
Calguns Addict

I keep telling people just how violent the Liberals are

Old 04-20-2013, 8:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangzoom View Post
I keep telling people just how violent the Liberals are
And just how racist. They're like a Lotto Scratcher, nice and silvery on the surface, but scratch through that veneer and you find a form of malignant condescension. At least that has been my experience.
Old 04-20-2013, 9:19 AM

Someone once told me, (paraphrasing):

"If you're going to carry a deadly weapon then you are agreeing to lose every argument you might get into from here on out. You're going to let everyone else have the last word. You're agreeing to walk away, and agreeing to walk home with your tail between your legs every time. Your ego will be non-existent. Your pride will be non-existent. You will be the meekest mouse you can be. You will be the most polite gentleman you can be. You will give way each time. You carry an instrument that can kill on your hip, therefore you're only going to use it for the worst-case situation. You will not kill because of words. You will not kill because your pride was hurt. You will not kill because your ego was bruised. What are words? Those words are, ultimately, nothing but air. You are not going to take another life because of some hot air being blown in your general direction."

I think that mentality towards carry a gun applies equally to driving a car on the road. The ******* cut you off. He was in the wrong, yes, but don't make a bad situation worse by escalating to where you could be seriously hurt. I don't know your situation, but if you, or someone like you, has kids and a spouse at home who all depend on you to come home safe and in one piece, they aren't going to be happy to wait up all night scared that something may have happened to you, and finally getting that call at 2 in the morning from local coroner asking them to come in and ID your body.

Don't escalate things like that. Ever. Even if they're a complete idiot, like this D-Bag was, I would pack up my pride, and drive/walk away, I would run away if the situation called for it. Its not worth getting into a dangerous situation.

If I'm still alive at the end of the day, then I did the right thing.

And on to another topic...

This is something that I've never understood.

This hatred of the NRA from the antis, it is completely and utterly irrational. Calling the NRA "killers" and such. it makes no sense...

The NRA is one of the few groups, if not the only group, which recognizes the reality of guns in our society. They know that a child may come into contact with a dangerous firearm sooner or later, so what do they do? They've set up a program for kids to teach them not to touch a firearm if they find one, and to find and tell an adult about that firearm.

They are the ones who train people in the safe handling of firearms, and instill a healthy sense of respect for firearms.

I don't see the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence coming up with anything similar to that.

Maybe it's because they want the world to be a way it is clearly not. They want to live in a utopia, where people don't shoot themselves. People clearly do shoot themselves, both in aggression, and in self defense.

I don't get that sort of visceral hatred...
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBruce View Post
Now you know how Muslims, Sikhs, and people from Bangledesh feel, right?
Please do not include Sikhs with Muslims.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 04-20-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
...I haven't been Fooked with yet.
A.W.D.
Old 04-20-2013, 1:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Please do not include Sikhs with Muslims.
The inclusion is valid as there is no shortage of knuckle dragging self-appointed "USA! USA! USA! avengers" who think that any brown skinned asian is a muslim terrorist.
Old 04-20-2013, 6:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

This proves projecting. The calls you a murderer and believes that if you have a gun you will become a murderer. If he had a gun he would likely use it in one of his fits of rage, knows this, and projects it to make him fell better. He is in fact psychotic.
Old 04-20-2013, 6:34 PM

The degenerated left is totally derailed when gun control is trashed in the legislative power. They even lose their manners.
Old 04-20-2013, 6:35 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
Well, now that we have got beyond the nursery school sandbox dominance displays, and into high school, "oh yeah? we'll meet you after school," infantile fantasies of bullies and gangstas, let's have some adult discussion.

Keep the NRA decals off your vehicles for the above stated reasons. Don't make yourself a target for moronic behavior, vandalism and criminal acts. Guns only provide us power when we are justified in using them, and no body is going to commit a homicide over such behavior. In these instances a gun is a liability, so travel incognito.

I also removed all the anti-Obama stickers for the same reason.

We drive through a sea of people, a few will be potential lunatics and mass murderers, people we don't need to play with. Be safe, be smart, win in the end.
Wise comments...

Exactly what's the upside of slathering one's vehicle in stickies other than to stoke one's own personal ego? Do people really think it will help attract new members to the NRA? Do they honestly believe it will increase the NRA's status in our communities? C'mon -- grow already.

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 04-20-2013, 6:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffmaster View Post
The degenerated left is totally derailed when gun control is trashed in the legislative power. They even lose their manners.

I wonder if they even wish they could shoot us?

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 04-20-2013, 6:50 PM

Hey easy on the prius drivers..when you gotta drive 90 miles round trip to work they are not a bad car.. Besides they have a great hiding spot in the back to for the rifles.......
Old 04-20-2013, 7:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
It happened this afternoon on my way home from the gym. I still can't believe I ran into that idiot...

So there I was, driving, following the traffic speed. I noticed this sedan tailgating me pretty close and driving quite erratically. I didn't pay much attention till...

He pulled to my left, rolled down his window and screams on top of his lung:

"(EXPLICATIVE) NRA YOU (EXPLICATIVE) MURDERER!"

Then he speed up and cut me off all of a sudden, I had to slam on the brakes to avoid it. He sped off and flipped me the bird.

Of course I remembered partial license plate, called the PD and haven't heard back since.

Then I realized I have my NRA lifetime member sticker on the back of my crossover.

Some people...
Are you saying that you don't do the same to those with biden obama stickers?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 04-21-2013, 1:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post

Cute...not.

Pure coincidence that there is a noose in that picture , butt that's not a hangmans noose. A hangmans noose has 13 loops, my rope has 6.
Old 04-21-2013, 1:48 AM

Quote:
...I haven't been Fooked with yet.

A.W.D.

All Wheel Drive? for sure. It's a jeep.
Old 04-21-2013, 4:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Pure coincidence that there is a noose in that picture , butt that's not a hangmans noose. A hangmans noose has 13 loops, my rope has 6.
A hangman's noose is not limited to or defined by 13 loops.

Old 04-21-2013, 5:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
Fullsize ford 350 heavy duty van... Weighs about 6,600 lbs.

I've had nutjobs play chicken with me.

My GF was in the van once, saying "he's gonna hit you!"

Me... calm as can be.... "let him".... Laughing! (kia rio < full size van.)

There are a lot of nutjob zealots out there....

People don't **** with me because I drive an F-350 4 door long bed diesel that's a helluva lot bigger and faster than what ever POS they drive.

Follow us on Instagram!
Old 04-21-2013, 7:34 AM
CGSSA Associate

Technically being in the NRA makes us a minority group. Having someone run you off the road and yelling slurs should be considered a hate crime. It's funny how people that say they against oppressing minorities , are usually so violent and rude toward those that are not just like them.
Old 04-21-2013, 7:39 AM

Quote:
It happened this afternoon on my way home from the gym. I still can't believe I ran into that idiot...

So there I was, driving, following the traffic speed. I noticed this sedan tailgating me pretty close and driving quite erratically. I didn't pay much attention till...

He pulled to my left, rolled down his window and screams on top of his lung:

"(EXPLICATIVE) NRA YOU (EXPLICATIVE) MURDERER!"

Then he speed up and cut me off all of a sudden, I had to slam on the brakes to avoid it. He sped off and flipped me the bird.

Of course I remembered partial license plate, called the PD and haven't heard back since.

Then I realized I have my NRA lifetime member sticker on the back of my crossover.

Some people...
Had a similar experience in the SF mission district a few yrs ago, a guy threatened me by asking me if "you want me to throw you off this bus" when he started harassing me about my NRA hat ... I stuck my hand under my jacket and smiled at the much larger guy and his friend and "yeah, you try that and see how it works" ... he changed his tune pretty quick.
Old 04-21-2013, 7:43 AM

Quote:
Wise comments...

Exactly what's the upside of slathering one's vehicle in stickies other than to stoke one's own personal ego? Do people really think it will help attract new members to the NRA? Do they honestly believe it will increase the NRA's status in our communities? C'mon -- grow already.

more then half the vehicles out here will have a NRA decal on them, the other half will have some other gun related sticker. some how we manage
Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
A hangman's noose is not limited to or defined by 13 loops.

I know you have a reputation here to uphold Exercisor, but found this in Wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangman%27s_noose

Six to eight loops are normal when using natural ropes.(hemp rope like mine) One coil makes it equivalent to the simple slip knot. Traditionally speaking, thirteen coils is considered a true "hangman's" noose/knot, as anything less might strangle a person inhumanely. The true hangman's noose was designed to snap a person's neck, making death quicker and less painful.

The number thirteen was thought to be unlucky. Consequently, thirteen coils were found in a hangman’s noose, a foreboding sign for those convicted to be hanged.

Last edited by PHOSCHEKER; 04-21-2013 at 6:34 PM.. Reason: added link
Old 04-21-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
In the good old days you could have followed him home beat the living crap out of him then went home happy. I mean come on, you know he wasn't going to pull a gun.
ROFL!
Old 04-21-2013, 3:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcoyote View Post
next time, follow the ****tard to his/her destination & confront them.
99% of the time they will back down - in complete fear.
that's what these bozos need - a dishback.

ta hell with you might be late to work or whereever you are going.
take em' down mentally, without violence & they are likely not to repeat their behavior.
It sounds to me....

And naturally, I may be wrong.....

But it sounds to me, that you are the type of person that likes to 'teach people a lesson' when they are wrong.

I used to be 'that guy'. Sometimes, I still am. For instance, if I hold a door open for you, and you dont say ' thank you', I will still say, "Your welcome".

I've resolved myself to 'little lessons' like that.

Big lessons.... well, they have a habit of escalation. In my younger, dumber days, I was all over it.

In my older, dumber days... I try to let it go.
Old 04-21-2013, 3:59 PM
I need a LIFE!!

That is why I roll decal-less and stealth. Afraid of vandalism as well.

"My pimpin' is on the loose! All the freak has to do is latch on like the caboose." Mr. Whitefolks

Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em deep!!

"Your government's the gangster, so cut the crap!!!" Chuck D.
Old 04-21-2013, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
That is why I roll decal-less and stealth. Afraid of vandalism as well.
There has been comments and points of view that has changed my mind on decals and stickers on my vehicle. You are right, there are A-holes out there that will key your door over a simple sticker. I think I might remove mine and go stealth as well. Just the other day I was mistaken as cute over my decal and rope.

Quote:

Cute...not.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:00 PM

You should have followed him home and put an NRA sticker on his bumper!
"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."
Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Thanks for all your comments.

Sadly I have to remove the sticker. Not that I am upset about it. It has been there without any type of incidents for over a year until now.

Also I got a call from the local PD this morning when I was in the jury waiting room (lol), they have ID the vehicle and the driver/owner. When they ask me if I want to press charge I told them no.

I just hope nobody is going to punch me in the face for the CalGuns decal on my keychain.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 AM
I love titles!
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Thanks for all your comments.

Sadly I have want to remove the sticker. Not that I am upset about it. It has been there without any type of incidents for over a year until now.

Also I got a call from the local PD this morning when I was in the jury waiting room (lol), they have ID the vehicle and the driver/owner. When they ask me if I want to press charge I told them no.

I just hope nobody is going to punch me in the face for the CalGuns decal on my keychain.
Aaah, you caved!?!?!

Remind me to never count on you in a firefight!

Last edited by readysetgo; 04-22-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready_eSeVe View Post
Aaah, you caved!?!?!

Remind me to never count on you in a firefight!
D:

Well since the initial post I have got few birds, break slammers, and a few key lines.

It's just too much for me mentally and wallet to repair my car.

I guess it'll stay off the car till the smoke settles.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
D:

Well since the initial post I have got few birds, break slammers, and a few key lines.

It's just too much for me mentally and wallet to repair my car.

I guess it'll stay off the car till the smoke settles.
I'm sorry to hear this.

What area do you live in/where is this occurring?

So far I've been lucky to not have anything happen.

But personally, I would have absolutely pressed charges.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
I'm sorry to hear this.

What area do you live in/where is this occurring?

So far I've been lucky to not have anything happen.

But personally, I would have absolutely pressed charges.
West San Gabriel Valley.

As for charges? To me there is no point to fight with an idiot. Not only he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:51 AM

^^^ This is why stickers belong on beaters. Go ahead and key it or slam brakes, etc. The fenders are cut with a hacksaw and the side will see more rocks than keys anyway. Careful with the brake check, im pretty sure your car wouldnt enjoy a 3/16" steel bumper slamming its trunk. Better hope there isnt an open spot next to you in the grocery store parking lot though because tube steel side bars dont bend when hit by tin doors and my windows are practically free to replace
Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
West San Gabriel Valley.
Wow, I'm surprised this happened in Asian central. I go there for Chinese food, and have never had to deal with anything other than crazy drivers.

I would totally put cameras around your car, 360 coverage, and send the video to NRA / Fox.