Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:06 PM

Glad that your not hurt. Thats why I tend to stay away from dense traffic hours and downtowns alot. Theres always a douchebag every quarter mile that wants to rage on your while driving. Its like their in a rush to take a dump at home or something lol. Plus like Paladin said get a dash cam. I made mine and been using it for about 2 years now. Works wonders when I sent it in to CHP on road raging jerk that almost got me driving off the freeway along with 3 other cars.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:07 PM

The only problem I see, is you didn't have enough stickers. More stickers and Oh... don't forget the dash cam.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:12 PM

Sorry, it was me. I thought you were on your way to Walmart to buy up all of their ammo.

Seriously though, I'm glad you're ok. I avoid stickers on my car mostly because I go all over San Francisco and don't need any more headaches than I already have to deal with. If I didn't have to park at all, then I wouldn't care.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:24 PM

It shouldn't matter what stickers (except blatant racist one's) I have on my vehicle. What about people who have obama, child on board(so, because of that sign, im aiming for you), or anything else I dislike? That does not give you/them a right to break the law, or harass you.

I will gladly hand out some ***** beating if I was in OPs shoes.

Last edited by fasteddie5; 04-18-2013 at 10:29 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I would have let him hit me. I did this in Virgina when a guy tried a "brake check" on me for driving with my brights on. I didnt realize what his problem was. After I did realize I turned them off. That didnt matter and he kept braking hard in front of me at stop lights. On his third time doing it I hit him. He was arrested for DWI.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:33 PM

Put your NRA sticker next to your Obama 2012 sticker and watch all the Libs' heads explode from group-think overload.
There is no week nor day nor hour, when tyranny may not enter upon this country, if the people lose their supreme confidence in themselves -- and lose their roughness and spirit of defiance -- Tyranny may always enter -- there is no charm, no bar against it -- the only bar against it is a large resolute breed of men.

-Walt Whitman
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret View Post
Just smile back and give them the bird or offer them a membership lol. Take advantage of these situations to piss em off
off
Lot of drivers get the bird from me. Usually that jackhole in the Prius that thinks he owns the road, or the motorcycle trying to laneshare at a *really* bad intersection for it(had a near miss there with one that tried to laneshare, go straight at an intersection between two lanes turning left...), psychotic bicyclists, that ricer trying to race our Ranger and failing(which is really sad).

The list goes on.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:35 PM

Wow. Sometimes the logic with these folks...
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I hate when that happens. I drive a 2500 and those stupid prius marks are a real PITA to clean off my bumper.
Those dam Prius hybrid drivers!! Haha I bought a 2000 Honda insight in February purely for the milage(60+ highway/45ish city). I keep thinking people probably think I'm a Obama fanboy bleeding heart liberal. Thought of doctoring up my car to buck the stereotypes but I don't like putting any stickers on my car.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie5 View Post
It shouldn't matter what stickers (except blatant racist one's) I have on my vehicle. What about people who have obama, child on board(so, because of that sign, im aiming for you), or anything else I dislike? That does not give you/them a right to break the law, or harass you.

*annoying whiny voice"
BABY ON BOARD! CHILD IN CAR!
How about a truthful sign? A*****E AT THE WHEEL!?

I love George Carlin. RIP man, seriously.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
If this becomes a regular occurrence then I will have to.

I know some people are upset and angry, but wasn't expecting to be THIS angry about it.

Not sure if they realized the irony of their act...
I blame the liberal media, Obama, and the rest of the anti-gunners for creating this division. They basically brainwash people to hate the NRA.

So I'm more disgusted with those people than this idiot. The tolerant left...yeah right...
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudamuscle View Post
Those dam Prius hybrid drivers!! Haha I bought a 2000 Honda insight in February purely for the milage(60+ highway/45ish city). I keep thinking people probably think I'm a Obama fanboy bleeding heart liberal. Thought of doctoring up my car to buck the stereotypes but I don't like putting any stickers on my car.

don't lie, its cause the extra weight would kill your gas milage. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakiri View Post
*annoying whiny voice"
BABY ON BOARD! CHILD IN CAR!
How about a truthful sign? A*****E AT THE WHEEL!?

I love George Carlin. RIP man, seriously.
WTH??? Carlin died??

In Memory Of Babe....I also remember the Eggs and Country fried potatoes that went with that Bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fot View Post
In before the penis measurements
ROFL
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 PM

I know what he was thinking, "I don't agree with you so I am going to drive aggressively and endanger everyone else on the road!!!!"
Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudamuscle View Post
You don't like putting stickers on your car but you're ok with painter's tape?
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 PM

If they do something that would really freak out a reasonable person, yet they don't actually hit you, get it on tape and sue for Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress (NIED). You can go after their auto liability insurance for that one.

http://www.wikihow.com/Sue-for-Emotional-Distress
Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 PM
Banned

I have pulled up alongside people with Obama/Biden stickers at a light and if their window is down I will say thanks alot @sshole.. I wonder if they are intelligent enough to figure out why I said it?

As for this clown, who can explain liberal logic? That's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:52 PM

Run him into the retaining wall.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 PM
Signal Out of Banned
CGN Contributor

Glad you're ok and you survived that episode.

I'm for setting up a dashcam, and letting them feel the full weight of the criminal justice system come down on them. It's only fair - they want us to go through the same experience just for owning a few pieces of machined metal.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member

Similar thing happened to me once. The guy cut me off, gave me the bird then took the off ramp. Well I needed to take the next off ramp so I dropped off my family, fired up my bike and ride around the hood. I found him at a gitngo market and boy did his little attitude change when I came face to face with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystonn View Post
I know some folks are afraid of being persecuted, but if we don't get out into the public eye, we will lose the fight of public opinion. Love them or hate them, gays put their lifestyle out for public display and risk persecution. It's a great risk, but look how they have successfully won the hearts and minds of so many. We need to do the same thing.

Hide and everyone will assume there is a reason you hide. They will assume you are ashamed and that you know you are doing something wrong. We must remove the stigma of gun ownership in the public eye. The only way to do that is to get out in front of the world and receive public scrutiny!
Agree. The matter of fact, at my work, I no longer avoid talking 2A or the fact that I'm a gun owner. When people as me if a license was required to purchase that brand new AR15 I just got, I replied "Yes!! that license is call Bill of rights, you should read it sometime"
I need a LIFE!!

Glad you're ok. Some people can be real a**holes.

I would follow them at a distance, wait for them to park, then break off matchsticks in their valvestems and let the air out of their tires. Harmless, but causes them delays and frustration! Or, write a nasty message on their windshield with a sharpie! Again, harmless (and funny).
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddie5 View Post

And then you would go to jail. Smart -- not!

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 04-19-2013, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Liberal logic:

Hey, there is one of those gun crazy NRA guys.

→ They are always killing and murdering people.

→ I am going to go piss him off.
Kind of like all the conservatives going around scratching the paint of cars that have Obama stickers or slashing the tires. I would rather have someone flip me off and yell at me instead of scratching my car or slicing my tires like a coward does.
Old 04-19-2013, 7:45 AM

Quote:
Liberal logic:

Fail

Logic need not be used. It's all about the emotion.

In what situations is emotion a better answer then logic?
Best I could come up with is baby making...

NO ISSUE / MAY ISSUE / SHALL ISSUE - LTC progress over time since 1986

Old 04-19-2013, 7:58 AM
Calguns Addict

This is one of the many reasons I have zero political stickers on my car. It serves no useful purpose, and will only make me a target. If I really thought having an NRA sticker might get someone to think about their position, I'd do it.

Although, I never hear anyone get very angry at Libertarians, maybe that would be OK

San Diego FFLs | San Diego ranges
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. --Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2013, 8:09 AM
Veteran Member

Personally...

I never put any such sticker or other items on my vehicles.

Not just for reasons like you've just encountered, but also - I don't need any jack-hole thinking I likely have guns or such in my vehicle that they may want to relive me of.

Sometimes, it's just better to be on the down-low and not stick out in public.

A.W.D.

Quote:
It happened this afternoon on my way home from the gym. I still can't believe I ran into that idiot...

So there I was, driving, following the traffic speed. I noticed this sedan tailgating me pretty close and driving quite erratically. I didn't pay much attention till...

He pulled to my left, rolled down his window and screams on top of his lung:

"(EXPLICATIVE) NRA YOU (EXPLICATIVE) MURDERER!"

Then he speed up and cut me off all of a sudden, I had to slam on the brakes to avoid it. He sped off and flipped me the bird.

Of course I remembered partial license plate, called the PD and haven't heard back since.

Then I realized I have my NRA lifetime member sticker on the back of my crossover.

Some people...
Old 04-19-2013, 8:10 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofWWIIDI View Post
Glad you're ok. Some people can be real a**holes.

I would follow them at a distance, wait for them to park, then break off matchsticks in their valvestems and let the air out of their tires. Harmless, but causes them delays and frustration! Or, write a nasty message on their windshield with a sharpie! Again, harmless (and funny).
...and a perfect setup for the OP to be targeted/arrested for vandalism and/or harassment.

A.W.D.
Old 04-19-2013, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Kind of like all the conservatives going around scratching the paint of cars that have Obama stickers or slashing the tires. I would rather have someone flip me off and yell at me instead of scratching my car or slicing my tires like a coward does.
it would be similar...if Obama supporters were labeled as murderers. You must have either accidentally or intentionally missed the point in your haste to clear the liberal name
Old 04-19-2013, 8:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

My father used to have a stack of Nixon bumper stickers in his van. When the hippies gave him chit, he'd follow them and wait until they parked their vehicle. Then he'd walk over and place that bumper sticker on their vehicle.

There was a guy down the street that carried that bumper sticker for 3 months before it was removed. Gave the old man a smile every morning knowing that idiot was walking the walk and talking the talk.

--Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-19-2013, 8:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: South Orange County, where I regularly provide free training in Estate Planning and Concealed Carry

Quote:
It happened this afternoon on my way home from the gym. I still can't believe I ran into that idiot...

So there I was, driving, following the traffic speed. I noticed this sedan tailgating me pretty close and driving quite erratically. I didn't pay much attention till...

He pulled to my left, rolled down his window and screams on top of his lung:

Then he speed up and cut me off all of a sudden, I had to slam on the brakes to avoid it. He sped off and flipped me the bird.

Of course I remembered partial license plate, called the PD and haven't heard back since.

Then I realized I have my NRA lifetime member sticker on the back of my crossover.

Some people...
I had something similar happen while driving with my daughter. My guess: it was a militant, brainwashed NEA member.
Old 04-19-2013, 9:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
And then you would go to jail. Smart -- not!
Not if I was defending myself.

I didn't mean that I would start an altercation, just that I would not run from it either.
Old 04-19-2013, 9:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTecalo View Post
he was obviously unaware you could have been carrying, he assaulted you with a deadly weapon.

anti-gun people are suffering from mass hysteria. They believe they are free to do what ever they want to you, but you (we) must not do anything for fear of being:
Racists
murderers
terrorists
mentally impaired
create your own list
Jim
They really think we are all named Jim?
Old 04-19-2013, 9:57 AM
Veteran Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornswaggled View Post
Please let someone do that to me one day.....
I second that motion!

ETA: I'm going to see if I can find "NAMBLA" bumper stickers, and would "stick one on their cars" late at night when I find out where they live... You have to be "creative" sometimes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselpower View Post
I would have let him hit me. I did this in Virgina when a guy tried a "brake check" on me for driving with my brights on. I didnt realize what his problem was. After I did realize I turned them off. That didnt matter and he kept braking hard in front of me at stop lights. On his third time doing it I hit him. He was arrested for DWI.
In all seriousness, I use a dash mounted cam (it's actually mounted in front of the rear view mirror facing forward), and WHEN (not if) someone jumps in front of me to purposely slam on their breaks and causes me to rear end them, I will do all I can to evade, but I will not endanger myself to save the coward who commits his/her anti 1A and 2A rights shenanigans or other idiot move that gets them a court date.

I will then (immediately) file a lawsuit against the coward for not just endangering me, but for the physical damage, the possible injuries, and for causing my DMV driving record to have an accident (non-points), and then I will send the video to Fox News (MSNBC would doctor the video to make it look like I did the cutting off).

I may just go out and get one of those NRA stickers! I really like the idea of seeing who is not just anti-2A.

This is why I have told "people" in "Sacramento" and other States' Capitols that there "ought to be a law" allowing an individual to "push or drag another vehicle" when they are blatantly causing a situation that could turn into a deadly or injurious event otherwise. They always just blow me off as usual. I'm seeing more and more idiots on the highway purposely stopping in front of others for no reasons other than to purposely torment, harass, impede, assault, etc., and it's something that needs to be addressed. Unfortunately for now, it's up to you as your only witness and that is why a dash cam is necessary for your own protection.

GET ONE!!!

Erik.

Last edited by Window_Seat; 04-19-2013 at 10:12 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 9:59 AM

Honestly I've been having that sticker on for almost a year and half on my car, not on the bumper but in the corner of a slightly tinted rear windshield. It's not that visible but very subtle.

I've had discussions from those who oppose my opinion, but most of them end up in very constructive and friendly discussions.

It's not the opinion people express towards my opinion that bothers me, I actually encourage discussion. What bothers me is those who go beyond reasonable and rational behavior as a way of expressing themselves, such as what happened yesterday.

Also I quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raystonn View Post
I know some folks are afraid of being persecuted, but if we don't get out into the public eye, we will lose the fight of public opinion. Love them or hate them, gays put their lifestyle out for public display and risk persecution. It's a great risk, but look how they have successfully won the hearts and minds of so many. We need to do the same thing.

Hide and everyone will assume there is a reason you hide. They will assume you are ashamed and that you know you are doing something wrong. We must remove the stigma of gun ownership in the public eye. The only way to do that is to get out in front of the world and receive public scrutiny!
That's what I firmly believe.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:01 AM
CalGuns Truth Squad
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I

Old 04-19-2013, 10:02 AM
CGN Contributor

Sorry that happened. He was probably upset because because the local Starbucks wouldn't use the goats milk he brought in to make him a latte.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
I feel like doing what he did to you every 5 min driving on LA street to anyone with an obummer sticker but then I tell my self I would just be on there level so I smile and continue with my drive.

You know when people tail gate me I dont wait for a reason.... I slam on my breaks!
I like those notes that you can get, I think it was Patriot Depot.

You leave them on someone's windshield and they read something like:

"I thought you should know that some idiot has stuck an Obama sticker on your car. As I'm sure you haven't noticed this yet, and would not want people to think that you are totally stupid, I'm telling you so you can remove it."

All opinions expressed here are my own unless I say otherwise.
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
If this becomes a regular occurrence then I will have to.

I know some people are upset and angry, but wasn't expecting to be THIS angry about it.

Not sure if they realized the irony of their act...
Now you know how Muslims, Sikhs, and people from Bangledesh feel, right?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM

I have a large sticker promoting my gun store on the back of my car. A guy did a similar thing to me the other day...drove up screaming, calling me a 'killer' cut me off, etc.

2 funny things about this...#1, I don't even HUNT...let alone 'kill people'. #2, we both ended up exiting the same exit and naturally, I ended up right next to him. He rolls up his window and stares straight ahead until the light turns green, then speeds off. You would think that anyone who thinks I am a random 'killer' would want to avoid screwing with said 'killer'. What a world.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post

C'mon, the guy rolls the window down and yells:
Quote:
You call that a ??