Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Old 05-23-2016, 6:46 PM

Default Network

Hi folks.

I honestly do not know how to breach this subject delicately, so I'll just be as direct and transparent as possible. I don't know how this will be received, so I apologize in advance.

The end of our way of life truly seems imminent. Government, infrastructure, the grid...all of it. I do not, nor have I ever, considered myself a conspiracy theorist. The actual evidence of imminent collapse is stark, if not blatant.

My wife and I don't know many people in California. The immediate family we have here are willful victims of the normalcy bias and believe nothing catastrophic is ever going to happen. We're consistently met with pandering head-shaking, scoffs and even laughter at the fact that we're trying to prepare ourselves for the aforementioned. Frankly, I'm tired of it.

To be blunt and layman, we're looking for a network of moral, like-minded people to join up with in the event of societal collapse. I'm of the mind that the odds of sustaining life and liberty are exponentially improved with strength in numbers. A network consisting of people with common goals, interests, varying skillsets and a shared workload.

You're welcome to send me PMs regarding this subject.

Thank you in advance for any input.

P.S. Located in Central Valley of CA.
Old 05-23-2016, 6:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellowhuman View Post
Hi folks.

I honestly do not know how to breach this subject delicately, so I'll just be as direct and transparent as possible. I don't know how this will be received, so I apologize in advance.

The end of our way of life truly seems imminent. Government, infrastructure, the grid...all of it. I do not, nor have I ever, considered myself a conspiracy theorist. The actual evidence of imminent collapse is stark, if not blatant.

My wife and I don't know many people in California. The immediate family we have here are willful victims of the normalcy bias and believe nothing catastrophic is ever going to happen. We're consistently met with pandering head-shaking, scoffs and even laughter at the fact that we're trying to prepare ourselves for the aforementioned. Frankly, I'm tired of it.

To be blunt and layman, we're looking for a network of moral, like-minded people to join up with in the event of societal collapse. I'm of the mind that the odds of sustaining life and liberty are exponentially improved with strength in numbers. A network consisting of people with common goals, interests, varying skillsets and a shared workload.

Are you comfortable sharing a little more about your location? The Central Valley is used to describe anywhere from Redding to Fresno. I'm not asking for even a city name, but maybe a county.

I'm in the northern end of the San Joaquin valley, with some contacts in the foothills north and north east of me. Not so much an organized group, as family, friends, neighbors, and maybe a calgunner or two that I've made contact with enough that I'd be willing to talk with on the ham radio, and meet up with to help out if things go south.

If your avatar is an indication of medical training/profession you'd be a valuable addition to any group or loose affiliation.

If this latest (2016) assault weapon (semi auto) ban passes... I will simply install hydraulically actuated rotating bolts, and jimmy slap triggers. They can't regulate what they don't understand.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1153858
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 05-23-2016, 7:28 PM

I'll PM you with the location. Yes, basic medical professional.
Old 05-23-2016, 8:40 PM

I'm in Fresno, wife and I are kinda in the same boat
Old 05-23-2016, 9:17 PM

I would seek out people that have a common bond that is strong. Family first and then a religious connection, hopefully both.

Trusting your family's life to someone else is huge in my book.
Old 05-23-2016, 9:26 PM

http://www.cert-la.com/links/california.htm
Old 05-24-2016, 7:08 AM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
I would seek out people that have a common bond that is strong. Family first and then a religious connection, hopefully both.

That nailed it and it is all about trust at the end of the day.

Here I am.
Old 05-24-2016, 8:33 AM

Basically, we're looking for a trustworthy group with a rural bug out location. Sustaining oneself off the land seems implausible in an urban city/town environment. Especially one that's highly populated.

I'm aware of the fact that most preppers/survivalists are distrustful of outsiders, rightfully so. My wife and I would intend on sustaining ourselves for as long as possible on what we've prepared thus far; after that, I'd assume we'd contribute and fall back upon living off the land. Because how long can ones prepared supplies really last? It's a finite thing.

Additionally, we both have Celiac Disease(permanent autoimmune gluten intolerance), so the notion of becoming a drain on the resources of others is highly unlikely, if not impossible altogether.
Old 05-24-2016, 9:11 AM

Quote:
I think you can stretch that out and say trusting your family's life to someone else is huge in anyone's book. Who to trust and not to trust is among the biggest decisions you can make.

No matter who, trust is built and earned, generally over time. For the OP, start making family and / or making friends, and in time, you'll hopefully have a circle on which you can depend. Good luck!
Old 05-24-2016, 9:36 AM
Veteran Member

This is a "prepared camper's" quandary that we all share.
Who do you trust now? You said your wife I hope.

Finding anyone trustworthy enough to confide in regarding being a prepared person is like panning for gold. You get more sand than gold. I can't tell you were the gold is.

All I can advise is that you come up with an expectation of commitment.
A profile of the kind of person you're looking for. This may sound creepy but it's kinda like when you were dating. Right?

Not to be too generalistic, but the 2 groups of people that I have found "contacts" were farmers and fire fighters. Especially the retired ones.
These two groups have the most eclectic skill sets that are every day practical IMO.

Good luck on your search OP.

Quote:
Hi folks.

"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 05-24-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedrrracer View Post
For the OP, start making family and / or making friends, and in time, you'll hopefully have a circle on which you can depend. Good luck!
Making family? Seems incredibly irresponsible to knock my wife up when every projected timeline of collapse is roughly centered around the election of our new president. Venezuela & Brazil = USA between October and December 2016.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeuerFrei View Post
Who do you trust now? You said your wife I hope.
the 2 groups of people that I have found "contacts" were farmers and fire fighters. Especially the retired ones.
These two groups have the most eclectic skill sets that are every day practical IMO.

Good luck on your search OP.
I figured it goes without saying that I trust my wife, but I guess there's always someone out there to send wink emojis in regards to that.

Farmers largely will keep themselves exclusive to their usually large families.

And I work with firefighters. I wouldn't consider their skill sets eclectic or practical unless every survival problem can be solved with a power tool or pry bar.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Making family? Seems incredibly irresponsible to knock my wife up when every projected timeline of collapse is roughly centered around the election of our new president. Venezuela & Brazil = USA between October and December 2016.
OK, well, we can have a laugh about it then (or not, if you're right).

Speaking only for myself here, I'm sure you're a wonderful person, but anyone I meet today is not getting into my "network" by the election of our new president. Simply not enough time to build the level of trust I'd require. Perhaps I'm paranoid, YMMV
Old 05-24-2016, 11:21 AM

So we are a huge Mormon family. We are very active in our community. There is a long list of people that we would and have trusted with our family. All 7 kids from our blended family are married and have children.

We consider their extended family's our own. So you can see the numbers add up quickly. We come from all walks of life.

Thru thick and thin there isn't anything we won't do for family and friends.

Last edited by KevinB; 05-24-2016 at 1:39 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
So we are a huge Mormon family. We are very active in our community. All 7 kids from our blended family are married and have children.
Shocker.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:04 PM
Trigger Warning
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I find this thread interesting, and I understand the separation you feel from others who do not share your beliefs. You can be assured there are many of us who share your concerns. I'm not sure about the timing or cause, but I am sure it is coming.

I wouldn't put it past the elites or Obama to create a crisis should it look like Trump is about to be elected.

With respect to talking with others about preparations I don't ever get into specifics about what I think is going to happen because there is so much disagreement about what, when, where and why. The goal of preparing for a large earthquake is usually easy to agree on unless the person a complete cool aide drinker. If you get scoffed at or ridiculed take strength in the fact that your position is the correct one for your family. And that being prepared is the smart thing to do, scoff back if you wish.

I live in the Bay Area suburbs and I have nothing to offer you other than talking, I only have one friend that is truly concerned the way I am, the rest are concerned about less wide spread issues. Most our family members are cool aide drinkers and while I talk with them a little about keeping stores, I'm making no provision for them because they will go into immediate floundering shock.

Anyway, good luck to you.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Shocker.
I find it a bit disconcerting that you felt the need to edit my post and quote part of it. In my book that would make you untrustworthy.

Do you have a problem with Mormons or just my family.

If things do go to heck, I can see your tenure being a short one.
Old 05-24-2016, 2:12 PM

Quote:
I find it a bit disconcerting that you felt the need to edit my post and quote part of it. In my book that would make you untrustworthy.

Do you have a problem with Mormons or just my family.

If things do go to heck, I can see your tenure being a short one.
Did I ADD anything to your quote to try and misrepresent you? No. Nearly every calgunner will snip portions of a persons quote either to address a specific thing the person said or to prevent the thread from getting too inundated with more lines of quotes than actual replies to the OP.

How very Godly of you to be passing judgement over the Internet about how unlikely my survival would be in the event of economic collapse.

To answer your questions: No, I don't have a problem with Mormons nor your family whom I know nothing about.

The comment was more about the irrelevance of bringing up your faith and the size of your family in regards to the actual reason I posted the OP.
Old 05-24-2016, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Did I ADD anything to your quote to try and misrepresent you? No. Nearly every calgunner will snip portions of a persons quote either to address a specific thing the person said or to prevent the thread from getting too inundated with more lines of quotes than actual replies to the OP.

How very Godly of you to be passing judgement over the Internet about how unlikely my survival would be in the event of economic collapse.

To answer your questions: No, I don't have a problem with Mormons nor your family whom I know nothing about.

The comment was more about the irrelevance of bringing up your faith and the size of your family in regards to the actual reason I posted the OP.
Good luck young man I hope you find what you are looking for.

By the way, when it comes to my family I am the only judge that matters. You should heed that advice when asking about joining any group of people that your well being is concerned with.
Old 05-24-2016, 3:36 PM
Veteran Member

Free advice:

Whenever discussing prepping/guns/survivalist stuff always always ALWAYS say "I'm getting ready for the zombies" instead of I'm getting ready to defend myself from other people or the gov. No idea why but it's much more acceptable in modern society even among non gun people.

Obviously you can be more frank among fellow preppers
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

Before you hate on Mormons, remember that John Moses Browning was born to the 2nd wife of a Mormon polygamist
Old 05-24-2016, 3:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I may be a little biased to defend Kevin since I'm Mormon too but then again, you did also blow off feuerfrei and imply that firefighters are dumb so... I think we can safely assume that you will fail to build much of anything while the firefighters and Mormons will kill you and take your stuff cuz they organized better than you did (sarcasm)
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt

Before you hate on Mormons, remember that John Moses Browning was born to the 2nd wife of a Mormon polygamist
Old 05-24-2016, 5:16 PM

I'm not Mormon and the little interaction I've had with KevinB here on Calguns have been nothing but positive. The Mormon's are the old school prepper's from my experience and they are a significant resource in regards to knowledge and expertise, when it comes to prepping and being a part of a community. If you look at KevinB's posts he is very family oriented and has a devout faith in God. He also is constantly helping people including using some of his preps to assist the firefighters, when his community was threatened last year. You are in essence selling yourself and asking people if the SHTF if you can move onto their land and join their network. I wouldn't recommend burning bridges with the first few people that responded to your post, when you are asking people to trust you or putting down their suggestions. Networking is all about social skills and ones ability to work well with others.

You will find like minded people who are prepping for various reasons that come from all walks of life. They come from all cultures, religions, professions, and socio-economic backgrounds. Every network is built upon long term relationships, trust, and years of knowing people. If you want to join a group, but limit yourself because of pre-conceived notions of individuals based on generalizations of their backgrounds, without getting to know them as people. You will be limiting yourself and it only impacts you. There are so many people out there that have lived what we would perceive as SHTF, but for them it was or is every day life. Talking to people who immigrated here from China, Vietnam, Syria, Philippines, Thailand, Burma, Nigeria, India, and various other countries or even visiting those countries is eye opening. You mentioned societal collapse in Venezuela. These individuals lived it and survived it, which I always find fascinating. By the way, many of these people or their children are now physicians, dentists, compounding pharmacists, etc. So they have the knowledge from their families living through it, current skill sets, and resources to prep.
Old 05-24-2016, 5:36 PM

I played a game called rust, the first few days everyone helped, then soon after it was kill on sight.
Doubt you can trust ANYONE that's not a family member. There is no integrity and the stuff that's left is tough to find
Old 05-24-2016, 5:38 PM

Quote:
..now we're learning a mindset..

Who was the guy that was buying(?) a hotel in the LA area intending on screening his new "community"? We haven't heard much from him since.

Of a handfull of CG guys I'd like to meet, Feuer is one I'd like to share a couple of brews with.
After watching WTC Bldg #7 being razed, and considering it's main occupants..

I stumbled onto this note while checking advanced weapons..
"911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".
Old 05-25-2016, 7:56 AM

It looks like me and the OP have gotten off on the wrong foot. As I get older my patience is sorely lacking, for this I apologize for.

My point was with my post about family and inlaws is they all have a common bond. In my family, the hoard as they are known, the bond, coupled with our religion makes a very strong group with very similar goals.

One of my grand daughters has a young man she has recently introduced to me and my wife. He is a very nice young man that is respectful, courteous, all the right things. I know his family very well. I approve of him.

Trust him ?. No. That is earned by him over a period of time yet to be determined. Only time will tell.

The OP should take this advice to heart and know that any "family" he joins will require him gaining the trust of the family unit he wants to be a part of.

We have a saying at my house, "You can pick your nose, but you can't pick your family". When you do get to choose your family, do it carefully. This probably isn't the place to start.

I think the good lord has a plan for all of us, make sure you listen so you can hear his directions. If they are not clear, ask again.

God Bless.

Last edited by KevinB; 05-25-2016 at 1:52 PM..
Old 05-25-2016, 9:01 AM
Wikipidiot
CGN Contributor

First thing is to make sure one has a valuable and practical skillset. Anyone so concerned and yet not already living on a farm/ranch working towards, if not already, going off grid ... well, you are not serious.

There are actually ways to farm in urban setting as well. If one has 1000 square feet of space it is possible to raise a tremendous amount of food. Can't imagine doing that ... well, you are not serious.

Being a good hunter/fisherman is far down the list compared to practical farming/ranching skills. A tacticool tier one operator brimming with guns & ammo is not even on the list.

Anything less than an exceptionally open minded, patient and stable attitude is also not on the list.

FYI A life of liberty and a close knit exclusionary community are mutually exclusive.
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
We have the time and the hammers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown
Study and learn our history and law as it is -- not as you would like it to be.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member

Fellowhuman,

Firefighters and farmers have crappy work schedules. Every day is different. When problems arise the attention is frequently refocused to where it's needed most. In a economic collapse or ?? there will be a need to be flexible and be ready to react to anything that comes over the horizon at a moments notice.

When FF are working an emergency du jour they have to keep situational awareness regarding safety and watching out for their crew's safety. They ALWAYS watch each others backs while performing their tasks. That's a good attribute to have in a survival buddy.
Trained to use every tool on the truck. Too much to list but there's a ton of it and eventually it all gets used at some point. Hands on experience.
*They also know how to properly attack a fire.

FF also have good medical training and are generally physically fit. Carrying a pt out of harms way to assess/treat is an important skill specially if you're the one that isn't ambulatory. Good skill right there.

Most FF have a 24 on w/48 off work schedules. Depending on departments.
The down time is frequently spent in side job territory.
I've known some to repair computers, carpentry, scuba instructors, EMT instructors, diesel mechanics, machinists, small restaurant owners, electricians, plumbers and that's just some of the ones that come to mind.
These people also have hobbies that are just as varied.
Shooting sports, archery, hunting, skiing, pilots, marathon runners, ride motorcycles/horses, fishing/camping/hiking and or just about any kind of sport that gives them a adrenalin rush or just helps them decompress.
Those skills could be very important for survival.

Farmers are the “can do/have to” types.
Stuff breaks down all the time and always when you need it the most. Murphy's law is always present and never takes a day off. Even the stuff needed to repair the stuff that broke needs to be repaired and the replacement parts are not always in hand. Then they get extraordinarily creative.
Ever wonder why there's so much old junk in the shop yard of a farming operation?
Farmers don't throw away anything. Ever. It always get re-purposed and used or stored for some other project yet to be imagined. Building what they need to do a job that has to get done.
Farmers can generally weld, machine, cut steel/aluminium, design tools, build fences/barns, repair/modify/maintain light and heavy vehicles , operate heavy equipment and oh yeah... grow food.
Some farmers also know how to raise/butcher pigs, goats, cattle and sheep or grow orchards. They can also have some medical(vet care) experience that can be translated to some extent into human care.
If something goes wrong in his operation he's on it. Day or night the **** gets done/fixed. That's commitment you can see.

By in large farmers are some of the most social people I know. They always seem to know everybody in a community. Networking experts if you will.
Some have large families and some don't. Like anybody else.

Generally speaking FF and farmers have a lot of real world skills that could help people in a survival situation.
Of course there are caveats to everybody involved with regards to performance and experience, but I'm speaking in generalities here.
Like anybody else in the world some are good and others not so much.
Your experience with these groups is your own.
As a one time firefighter (6 yrs + change) and the son of a farmer I gave you my no BS assessment/opinion.

*My survival gear/stores are refereed to as "camping gear" when talking to the unprepared.
It makes the subject more benign and less "tin foil hat" sounding and thus your points can be brought up in a favourable light. It's important when you're talking to family/friends that are still on the fence.
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 05-25-2016, 10:41 AM

Where I began to take issue with this thread was when people start interjecting their exclusive experiences with their religion and family rather than actually addressing my OP. My thanks to those of you who actually did.

Can you not step outside yourselves and realize not everyone has a family to rely on in this world? Do you think orphans only exist in movies?

I understand trust is the primary reason. I reckon it's just going to come down to crossing that bridge when it comes.

If I bring your loved one back from shock, pneumothorax, airway occlusion or cardiac arrest then I guess I'll be vetted into a community as trustworthy.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:03 AM

Don't confuse doing a good job with trust. Two difference things completely.

With your train of thought, if you don't succeed in bringing someone back we shouldn't trust you ???.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Don't confuse doing a good job with trust. Two difference things completely.

With your train of thought, if you don't succeed in bringing someone back we shouldn't trust you ???.
Hopefully you'd know I did my very best. Unfortunately biology beats even the best of paramedics on a sometimes weekly basis.
Old 05-26-2016, 1:45 PM
Wikipidiot
CGN Contributor

Some significant properties of farmers/ranches that have not been mentioned.

When ones well being is dependent on the whim of nature it requires extreme patience, ability for long term planning (1, 3, 5 years ,etc) and worst case scenario game play.

Too much rain, too little rain, drought, bugs, wind, fire, blight ... even when S don't HTF farmers have a tough go of it! Thriving under such conditions builds a person and community up to the point that SHTF is just another day.
Originally Posted by ivanimal View Post
We have the time and the hammers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown
Study and learn our history and law as it is -- not as you would like it to be.
Old 05-27-2016, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Where I began to take issue with this thread was when people start interjecting their exclusive experiences with their religion and family rather than actually addressing my OP. My thanks to those of you who actually did.

Can you not step outside yourselves and realize not everyone has a family to rely on in this world? Do you think orphans only exist in movies?
OP,

I can see why you have no "network" based on your responses. KB, FF, E, & others hit it. Faith & family builds strength, family doesn't have to be blood. I'm in the valley, an ag community, defected from the Bay Area in '76, to small hamlet of less than 20K folks, 30 churches. I'm not in any congregation, but my faith is strong. My crew has continued to expand over the last 45 years, again family doesn't have to be blood. You're an orphan you say, an orphan you'll stay. Good luck building a crew. PAX

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),
But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798
Old 05-27-2016, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo1 View Post
OP,

I can see why you have no "network" based on your responses. KB, FF, E, & others hit it. Faith & family builds strength, family doesn't have to be blood. I'm in the valley, an ag community, defected from the Bay Area in '76, to small hamlet of less than 20K folks, 30 churches. I'm not in any congregation, but my faith is strong. My crew has continued to expand over the last 45 years, again family doesn't have to be blood. You're an orphan you say, an orphan you'll stay. Good luck building a crew. PAX
That's nice you managed to notch a smaller place out for yourself here in CA. Unfortunately I have to live in a larger area because it's where I could find a job in my field.
Old 05-27-2016, 8:49 AM

Quote:
That's nice you managed to notch a smaller place out for yourself here in CA. Unfortunately I have to live in a larger area because it's where I could find a job in my field.
You have an honorable profession and vital skill.

Myself, I could see the handwriting on the wall in the '70s. At the time, I left a job paying $6.85 an hour, for one where I commuted 52 miles for $3.35 an hour. It was a crop dusting outfit. Within a year, I got my pilot's license and my first flying machine, within 5 years my first home, and after being married for 6 years, we started our family. In the 10 years I was there, I made many life long friends, had 3 sons. I could never live in a "city" again, for no amount of ducats.

To expand your sphere takes time. PAX

But they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of Independence from any who might attempt to abuse them. echo1

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798
Old 05-27-2016, 9:14 AM
Calguns Addict

Medical Professionals will always be coveted in times of unrest. Finding good people that you can TRUST with your LIFE is very hard. Most people can count on one hand the people who fit that friendship.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .... -IVC
Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietam servitutem
Old 05-27-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
OP,
You're an orphan you say, an orphan you'll stay. Good luck building a crew. PAX
All things said, I wouldn't have said this to someone I absolutely hated, let alone to someone who experienced it.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Hi folks.
To be blunt and layman, we're looking for a network of moral, like-minded people to join up with in the event of societal collapse. I'm of the mind that the odds of sustaining life and liberty are exponentially improved with strength in numbers.
Moral, you may be. Like minded, not so much

Quote:
^^This. You don't need to have religion to have Faith. It appears you have neither. You only have your own morals.

Quote:
Farmers largely will keep themselves exclusive to their usually large families.

I wouldn't consider their skill sets eclectic or practical unless every survivalproblem can be solved with a power tool or pry bar.
Quote:
Shocker.
I see you really don't know squat about the ag community and your statement about fire fighters is plain stoopid.

Quote:
Nearly every calgunner will snip portions of a persons quote either to address a specific thing the person said or to prevent the thread from getting too inundated with more lines of quotes than actual replies to the OP.

Your opening post got my attention, because you sounded sincere, you're in the valley, you were reaching out. But the more your responses developed a profile, the further and further you sounded like someone I'd care to know. You asked how others have built bonds that have trust, but are condescending as to their methods and foundations. You would not be welcome in our crew, we can do with out you. Fend for yourself. PAX

Old 05-27-2016, 12:56 PM

Yes, you can do without me. I hope for your group that you have someone with my skill set. I have faith and religion...what I do would be impossible for me otherwise.

This would be a useful and entertaining debate if we were having it in person, but over the Internet, it's becoming tiring. Let's just settle on the facts you have the age and experience that I don't, and I have equal experiences that you'll never understand.
Old 05-27-2016, 1:33 PM

True, we do and I'll bow out as well. If we should meet on the field of fire, I hope it would be as allies. PAX

Old 05-27-2016, 1:38 PM

Quote:
True, we do and I'll bow out as well. If we should meet on the field of fire, I hope it would be as allies. PAX
From one civic minded American to another, without question.