Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

Old 04-07-2013, 5:25 PM

Default mk48 nutsack

Does anyone have an NSN or a hookup to get a 100 or 200 round mk48 nutsack or two? A friend of a friend is in need across the pond and for some reason his S4 can't get any.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:32 PM

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=0

Not sure this will help it has a poc phone#
There may not be an NSN
Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 PM

Also
http://www.autoweapons.com/photos/ac...0mk46mk48.html

Outside source
Old 04-08-2013, 8:00 AM

Thanks brother! I should have specified he was looking for a soft sack, not semi-rigid, but I will pass these along. $325 seems a bit excessive, but if he really needs them... I've seen the semi-rigid for a lot less on a couple of sites (but they were older sales, so who knows if $325 is a decent price these days).
Old 04-08-2013, 8:57 AM

http://lbtinc.com/pouches/magazine-p...saw-pouch.html

London Bridge Tactical makes them, I know I have a voodoo one. But it seems that the 249/5.56 pouches are a lot more common, but LBT's is specifically 7.62 and around $50.
Support your resource! Become a Calguns Contributor!
Old 04-08-2013, 6:50 PM

You try Pendleton yard sales?
Old 04-09-2013, 7:59 AM

A 200 round nutsack in 7.62mm would really be ****ty...
Old 04-09-2013, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2li View Post
http://lbtinc.com/pouches/magazine-p...saw-pouch.html

London Bridge Tactical makes them, I know I have a voodoo one. But it seems that the 249/5.56 pouches are a lot more common, but LBT's is specifically 7.62 and around $50.
Thanks for the link! I will check them out for other stuff. The nutsack attaches to the underside of the 240 and the belt feeds out of the sack. Basically, it allows you to send 100 hot rounds down range while your AG gets set up to feed you more belts. Why he prefers soft over semi-rigid? Idon't know. Maybe it allows better positioning of the machine gun without interference from the sack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The sarge View Post
You try Pendleton yard sales?
I have not. Thanks for the tip. I just did a quick search and came up empty, but will look more and continue to look there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standish View Post
A 200 round nutsack in 7.62mm would really be ****ty...
No kidding, right?
Old 04-14-2013, 9:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post

No kidding, right?

Sorry, I just read mine and realized it could have been interpretted like I was trying to be a jerk. Not sure if that's how you took it. Not sure if you have experience with them, so I'll clarify. 100 rds of 7.62linked I remember weighing just under 8 lbs. So almost 16 lbs of ammo hanging off a 19 lbs MG(plus optics weight) would be cumbersome and awkward. I've seen 30 rd starter nutsacks, and 100rd nutsacks for mk46/m249s, but I would avoid a 200rd nutsack if it is even made.

On a cool side note, check this out.
http://i.imgur.com/Srq1S.jpg
Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 AM

Is he a machine gunner by trade?

The best way to patrol with a gun is to have a link of 30-50 just rolled up and you can rest it on the gun or just hold it in your hand. When you take contact your TL should be right there anyway and he can link on a longer belt. Nutsacks are great on SAWs but on a bigger gun like that they become super heavy and make it take too long to reload.
Old 04-14-2013, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I just read mine and realized it could have been interpretted like I was trying to be a jerk. Not sure if that's how you took it. Not sure if you have experience with them, so I'll clarify. 100 rds of 7.62linked I remember weighing just under 8 lbs. So almost 16 lbs of ammo hanging off a 19 lbs MG(plus optics weight) would be cumbersome and awkward. I've seen 30 rd starter nutsacks, and 100rd nutsacks for mk46/m249s, but I would avoid a 200rd nutsack if it is even made.
In your defense, I also have never seen a 200 round nutsack for 7.62, for a SAW yes, but for a M240B/MK43 or 48 that would be heavy as sin.

Quote:
On a cool side note, check this out.
Looks cool, unfortunately if that carrier isn't quick release you'll need a buddy to pick the twinkies out of your pack.
Support your resource! Become a Calguns Contributor!

Last edited by roll2li; 04-14-2013 at 5:01 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2li View Post
In your defense, I also have never seen a 200 round nutsack for 7.62, for a SAW yes, but for a M240B/MK43 or 48 that would be heavy as sin.

Looks cool, unfortunately if that carrier isn't quick release you'll need a buddy to pick the twinkies out of your pack.
I know it's ineffective, just looks cool in theory. Plus a gunner shouldn't really be carrying an assaultpack full of ammo. That is what AG/AB is for.

As said earlier, gunners usually have approx 30 rd starter belts they drape over the top of the gun. It's mainly for quick defense, initial suppression on a react to contact is done by the rest of the squad.

I always liked when gunners put the picatinny gangster grip on the side of the gun. This 240 gunner in a nice field of the devils lettuce does it justice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRPCNUzkqXk
Old 05-30-2013, 9:10 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I just read mine and realized it could have been interpretted like I was trying to be a jerk. Not sure if that's how you took it.
Sorry, I never got the notifications for these posts... I laughed at your comment, I didn't take offense to it at all, nor found it rude or jerk-like.

I've never been a MG/AG, but I know how heavy rounds can get. I was asking on behalf of a friend, who was asking for his buddy that was in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAK View Post
Is he a machine gunner by trade?

The best way to patrol with a gun is to have a link of 30-50 just rolled up and you can rest it on the gun or just hold it in your hand. When you take contact your TL should be right there anyway and he can link on a longer belt. Nutsacks are great on SAWs but on a bigger gun like that they become super heavy and make it take too long to reload.
That's what I remember from Benning and watching the line units do with their crew serve weapons.

Thanks guys!