Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 05-11-2013, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
how can you tell that they are not TM?
The guy I rented the CNC said so. Something about distinct markings and dimensions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 9:34 AM

Update: I have been in working with my CC Co. To get money back and now ARES web page shows I have no orders with them. After speaking with the CC Co. today there thinking is ARES is not going to fight the charge back. I have three more weeks till the money shows back up on my card.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:22 AM

.. obligatory..

Couldn't buy a 762 or 308?

Company took advantage of a panicked market, don't let ENRON or any of the Wall Street scams kick your butts. S*it company blew you off, your $$$ are on the line and now you have little recourse.

Considering the company's continued lack of communication, you should have pulled your orders prior to the 90 day mark.
After watching WTC Bldg #7 being razed, and considering it's main occupants..

I stumbled onto this note while checking advanced weapons..
"911 = false flag. WTC 7 was brought down by demolition. 47 floors came down in 6 1/2 seconds - not hit by a plane. Just one of hundreds of absurdities that occurred that day. Wake up".
Old 05-13-2013, 2:34 PM

Default Sent out in order

I can't figure out why they aren't sent out in the order they were placed in? Could it be that some are raw and other aren't? I ordered my raw one at the end of January and I'm still waiting.
Old 05-13-2013, 5:01 PM

I ordered 2 AR15 & 1 AR10 on 12/28 , got 2 AR15 on 5/8 Who knows when the other one will come in.
Old 05-13-2013, 5:51 PM

Ordered on 12/19 4 forged and still waiting.
Old 05-13-2013, 6:34 PM

I think this thread is hilarious.
Old 05-15-2013, 4:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan in SD View Post
ITS NOT ARES FAULT, THEY ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE PEOPLE MANUFACTURING THEM

I think you forgot the sarcasm smiley.
Old 05-15-2013, 5:10 PM

Why don't they hire a ton of school girls part time that can type 200 words a minute just to send out email updates for customers.
Old 05-15-2013, 9:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I was reading Ares's facebook page. I haven't read something that funny in a while.

"We have shipped all of the anodized 80% AR 15's that we had in stock. We have a shipment that is EXPECTED in by May 8th from the anodizing shop.The shipment is enough to fill all of our orders."

Then,
"The shipment coming in will give us enough to fill all of our orders and we will have plenty of extra to sell."

And finally.
"If you did not a tracking number your order did not ship. We have a another shipment of raw lowers coming in around the same time as the anodized. The AR-10 80% lowers are expected to be here June 1st. We will have enough of those to fill all of the orders as well."

So they say they have enough to fill all of their backorders, then say if you didn't get a tracking number...., wait till the next shipment.

lol
Old 05-16-2013, 1:17 PM
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan in SD View Post
ITS NOT ARES FAULT, THEY ARE AT THE MERCY OF THE PEOPLE MANUFACTURING THEM

The manufacturers had nothing to do with the collection of money and not responding to emails and phone calls for months. They shouldn't take money till they have the lowers in front of them. Especially if they are going to refer to themselves as "The home of the 80% lower". The manufacturers also have nothing to do with Ares F rating with the BBB.

On their Facebook page it looks like they are giving refunds for those who wish to get them now at least. If this is true, it is a huge step in the right direction. I know I had to contest the charges for my unfilled order with my bank to get results.
Old 05-16-2013, 3:08 PM

so you:

bought something online ... didnt get it

tried customer service online... didnt get it

so you complain about it online..... expect different results?
Old 05-17-2013, 9:04 AM

Hummmm, seems familiar...oh yeah LaRue is not giving info or ETAs about barrels or complete upper orders being filled or shipped. I am so frustrated.
Oh wait, I'm complaining online, dammit! But when they won't talk to you when you call, what else are we supposed to do? WAH!
You never rise to the occassion, you only sink to your lowest level of training" Unknown.
Old 05-17-2013, 9:36 AM

The sad thing is they have a huge ad campaign on the radio right now ...

I live about 3-4 miles from these guys. There is NO WAY they would ever get any of my money.

In contrast, I was in Direct Action Solutions (DAS) in Solana Beach (about 10 miles from my house) a couple days ago.
They have 80% lowers in stock and they have jigs for sale. One-stop shopping!
I have no interest in any shop, and have no allegiance to any vendor or shop, just my opinion. It was the first time ever in DAS - I was there to buy a tool. Further, I really have no need for an 80 percenter.
The way I see it, and as the saying goes., "If there is a time to be burying my weapons, it is actually time to be digging them up."

So, that said, what is the point of an 80 percent lower?
It is made out of inferior stock (6160 vs 7075 aluminum), it is not forged, which aligns (and strengthens) the molecular structure of the metal. And a new complete forged lower costs less to buy; and it is complete at that.

So, that said, it seems to me that 80 percent lowers are kind of a "tinfoil hat" kind of thing.

Please explain, what exactly is the point?

As for *****ing about it on the internet. I can't think of a better way to get the word out to other unsuspecting gun enthusiasts that may otherwise be duped by this, in my opinion, unethical, and questionably unlawful practice that Ares Armor is up to.

The whole ad campaign is just more proof of how much these guys suck.
They are trying to get more customers while they can't even support or come through for the one's from whom they have already take money.

Bunch'a Richard Cranium's in my opinion.

We have another "special" shop just down the road. Quantico Tactical. The staff there, especially the redheaded, know it all (that actually knows little) is reason enough to not go there.

Kind of hard to find a good shop around here theses days.

Last edited by SloChicken; 05-17-2013 at 9:44 AM.. Reason: first draft was just a bunch'a crazy talk ! LOL
Old 05-17-2013, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post

I live about 3-4 miles from these guys. There is NO WAY they would ever get any of my money.

In contrast, I was in Direct Action Solutions (DAS) in Solana Beach (about 10 miles from my house) a couple days ago.
I have no interest in any of this, and it was the first time ever in DAS really have no need for an 80 percenter as the way I see it, and as the saying goes.
"If there is a time to be burying my weapons, it is actually time to be digging them up" So, that said, what is the point of an 80 percent lower? It is made out of inferior stock (6160 vs 7075 aluminum), it is not forged, which aligns (and strengthens) the molecular structure of the metal. And it costs less to buy, complete at that.
So, other than being a "tinfoil hat" kind of thing, what is the point?
well there are 2 kinds of 80% lowers. forged and billet. Ares forged 80% is made of the 7075-T6 aluminum.(I make no claims as to knowing the difference between types of aluminum) From what i have heard the billet lowers can be problematic so i get your reasoning there.

as far as the "tinfoil hat" thinking look at the news. see what all is going on. I am no conspiracy theorist but if the current government can do some of the things they are doing I can understand the want of people to have an "unregistered" AR. And even IF the federal govt doesn't ban the scary black guns. Don't put it past the state legislature to not ban them.
Old 05-17-2013, 4:09 PM

Went to their shop yesterday to pick up a billet lower and the display case was FULL of 80% lowers.

Something funny happened when I walked up to the store... two guys outside of the store front were about to get into a fight. Typical D-bag fight with one guy holding his arms up saying "what the hell did I do?," while the other chap was in rage mode "hold me back bro, im going to hit this F***er in the face."

Turned out these guys worked at the shop since they were sitting next to each other on an ares truck when I walked out of the store.

I WILL NOT be back. They just lost my business after seeing how their employees acted.
Old 05-17-2013, 7:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloChicken View Post

I have no interest in any shop, and have no allegiance to any vendor or shop, just my opinion. It was the first time ever in DAS - I was there to buy a tool. Further, I really have no need for an 80 percenter.
The way I see it, and as the saying goes., "If there is a time to be burying my weapons, it is actually time to be digging them up."

So, that said, what is the point of an 80 percent lower?
It is made out of inferior stock (6160 vs 7075 aluminum), it is not forged, which aligns (and strengthens) the molecular structure of the metal. And a new complete forged lower costs less to buy; and it is complete at that.

So, that said, it seems to me that 80 percent lowers are kind of a "tinfoil hat" kind of thing.

Please explain, what exactly is the point?

As for *****ing about it on the internet. I can't think of a better way to get the word out to other unsuspecting gun enthusiasts that may otherwise be duped by this, in my opinion, unethical, and questionably unlawful practice that Ares Armor is up to.

The whole ad campaign is just more proof of how much these guys suck.
They are trying to get more customers while they can't even support or come through for the one's from whom they have already take money.

Bunch'a Richard Cranium's in my opinion.

We have another "special" shop just down the road. Quantico Tactical. The staff there, especially the redheaded, know it all (that actually knows little) is reason enough to not go there.

Kind of hard to find a good shop around here theses days.
I disagree, Quantico Tactical has a very respectful group of people that sell quality gear. They don't roll out the red carpet, but they have always been helpful and attentive in regard to any questions I've had. The younger girls are nice, cute (jus sayin') and helpful. The guys are regular fellas that don't put up some BS front. That has been my interaction with the latest owners at least. However, now that I think about it, I think I know the girl you are talking about. One day I was in there, maybe 6 months ago, and she was running her mouth like she had something to prove to another customer, just unprofessional, but I think that mouth of hers sent her packing b/c she hasn't worked there since that day. Generally I know what I want, go in there and get it. Prices range from reasonable to way out of my budget. Comparison wise, it costs $20 for an AR15 BB at Quantico, while Ares and DAS charge $25+.

Iron Sights in Oceanside is tiny, but the people that work there are better than most indoor gun ranges I've gone to in SD. Only con, you can only shoot brass. They also have decent retail prices on some of their handguns.

Turners off of Nordahl isn't bad either, it is what it is.

Parallax is also a decent shop too, just get's packed.

Wiser Owl has good reviews from everything I've read and some of my friends know the owner. I have never made my way over there though, but hope to one day.

The only con I have for all local LGSs is that ammo is way overpriced. Thus I go to Wally Mart or buy bulk online. However, buying bulk online may soon be a thing of the past.... we shall see what sticks with all the bull being thrown at the walls in Sacramento.

As for 80% lowers, one pro, a way to make a legal pistol lower in a State with very few alternatives or options.

Lastly, I agree with you in terms of alerting others about Ares negligent business practices of late and what better medium than the internet, and what better place, a gun forum dedicated to Californians... go figure right. I live down the street from them as well and seeing the crap that they are pulling does not entice me to ever support them in the future.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing

Last edited by RobGR; 05-17-2013 at 7:51 PM.. Reason: spellcheck
Old 05-17-2013, 8:01 PM
Resident Leg Humper
CGN Contributor

Sweet, finally got an email!

Quote:
Thank you for being a Ares Armor valued customer.

Your order has been completed.

If your having any questions about your order, please give us a call at 760-650-2737 (ARES), or reply to this email.

Please review your order information below:
Order Information

Order Number

ORDxxxxxx8001

Order Status

Completed

Order Date and Time

12/30/2012 1223 PM

Tracking Information

USPS Tracking Number(s)

WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

Old 05-18-2013, 7:59 AM

That's encouraging. My Jan 14th order for 1 raw one is .....9210.
Old 05-18-2013, 9:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHShooter View Post
Ordered mine on 12/21. Still no word.
Old 05-19-2013, 9:19 AM

I have luckily skipped Ares, I have 3 lowers that i have only waited a week for at most.There are so many shops out/calgunners selling them for just a little bit cheaper than 2 months ago. Plus you dont have to deal with alleged crappy customer service. I have not used Ares before,contemplated using them, but did not want to wait. Im glad I did because if anyone charges you for something they have no idea when or if they will be able to get it sounds VERY sketchy to me. I do hope they get it together though, I love being able to build my own self defense weapons!!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:34 AM
CGN Contributor

Ordered in December
Still waiting,
Old 05-19-2013, 3:55 PM
Resident Leg Humper
CGN Contributor

I ordered one before the panic and all was well. I'm sure they were no where near ready for the crush of the current frenzy. Billing practices could have been better (charge upon ship), luckily I had a bunch of other stuff to keep me busy.

WTS: 870 Barrel Clamp/Railed Mount

Old 05-21-2013, 7:04 PM
Veteran Member

I was just at Ares on Friday and the order they were expecting in on the 8th hasn't showed up
Old 05-21-2013, 7:22 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHShooter View Post
It only took a whole 6 month panic and 50 other 80% shops to open up and create their own product in the meantime.
Old 05-22-2013, 8:07 PM
Veteran Member

I haven't heard anything yet
Old 05-22-2013, 10:39 PM

Default Just got mine today!

Most places are back ordered for a while. I purchased 2 80% lowers from http://www.hellfirearmory.com and I was very happy. I called before placing the order and someone answered the phone right away, the 2 lowers showed up 2 days later after payment!! Not sure how long they will be in stock. Here is a few pics of what they look like.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-25-2013, 8:58 PM

I ordered my 1/14. My hope of getting my 80% from Ares Armor is very low.
Live and learn.....
Old 05-26-2013, 2:38 AM

I ordered 2 forged anodized lowers 1/28. Obviously still waiting.
Old 05-26-2013, 7:58 AM
CGN Contributor

I placed my order December.
Still Waiting. They emailed I would receive them in May

Last edited by GunSafe357; 05-26-2013 at 8:04 AM.. Reason: Change Date:
Old 05-29-2013, 5:04 PM

They disabled the comments on their FB page. So now there is NO way to get in contact with these guys. What a joke.
Old 05-29-2013, 7:24 PM

Apparently there CNC is off at there build party by a few thousands of an inch we had to correct there mistakes today cause the fcg would not fit.
Old 05-29-2013, 9:04 PM

You guys know Are's A-holes are also the ones primarily responsible for the issues with 80% builds. The guy who owns it is a major dork. Buy from 80%arms. Their lowers look awesome. I cut 4 and love the look.

They ship fast too! Usually in 2 or 3 days after ordering. Bead blasted, anodized, FDE, many options.
Old 05-29-2013, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Http404 View Post
They disabled the comments on their FB page. So now there is NO way to get in contact with these guys. What a joke.
May want to start leaving feedback on yelp - http://www.yelp.com/biz/ares-armor-oceanside
Old 05-29-2013, 10:10 PM

I like to periodically check in to the Ares and Rguns thread.

This is the other side of "supply and Demand" or "free markets" people often quote.
If you are a bad company you get Flamed and people take there business elsewhere and NEVER come back.
Old 05-30-2013, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Http404 View Post
I see that, also looks like some one took the time to clean up the page. Taking most of the "I wont my money back" posts down. My post is gone....
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Five months on Sunday. Still no sign of my 80%.
Feinstein hasn't been this pissed since somebody dropped a house on her sister.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir13 View Post
I hope a thousand 7075 T6 blocks of alu 2" x 17" x 7" fall on that Legislaters d***!
Old 05-30-2013, 11:56 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpark View Post
I like to periodically check in to the Ares and Rguns thread.

This is the other side of "supply and Demand" or "free markets" people often quote.
If you are a bad company you get Flamed and people take there business elsewhere and NEVER come back.
Gouging and this are both more in line with bad business practices than supply and demand IMO.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 PM

This is getting crazy...I want grips.
Old 05-30-2013, 2:36 PM
CGN Contributor

ordered raw or anodized their choice. Dec 20 something. Emails promised end of March or beginning of May. Paid and cant get any info now. Disappointing