Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 07-15-2013, 9:22 PM

I am trying to figure out how to copy and send to the links. Anyone have a more direct link? I want to do my part!!! Thx
Old 07-18-2013, 9:28 AM

First, for everyone who keeps saying they left California and glad they did...ya'll aren't helping. This is Calguns not Missouri-guns, Nevada-guns, Arizona-guns...whatever. We are here and most of us are here to stay. California has the fifth largest population in the US where tech, research, and other science based jobs are growing. That's just one of the reasons why people come here. If you left for greener pastures, more power to you. Be a good gun owner and continue your fight because there's always a chance that those same rights you left California for may be taken from you in your neck of the woods. As for me, I'm here and I'm gonna continue to fight as much as I can. I wish I was rich and I can leave work to protest and express my anger and disgust towards the current politicians, but I can't. I have to work and support myself in an economy where having a job right now is pure gold. I'm sure all of you have at least one friend or relative who is unemployed. ALL OF YOU! If this ***** is going to be done in vain, then I don't care. I fought for something. What the hell did you guys do? Right...you left. I'm going out fighting. I hope more of you do the same.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:01 AM

Mel101

Very well said.
Old 07-19-2013, 8:08 AM

I agree with Mel.

Giving up and running is not the American way.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:47 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitbarrel View Post
I agree with Mel.

Giving up and running is not the American way.
Well, while there is some merit to his post, how long are you prepared to fight while all your rights have been taken from you? I have been planning to move for quite some time, but I will not give up the fight. I will simply continue to fight from a place that hasn't yet taken those rights.
Old 07-21-2013, 6:30 PM

Well said mel.california is my where my heart is,and aint ever leaving.keep up the good fight.the more that leave the harder the fight.
Old 07-23-2013, 4:43 PM

This may not be the correct thread but I have a hypothetical question with regard to what to do if (IF!) they make us register all the semi-automatic rifles as "Assault Weapons" next year.

Supposing I bought an 80% lower receiver for an AR15. Could I then inscribe some kind of serial number on it and register it as an "Assault Weapon" next year (without finishing it).

That way I could finish it (them), at my leisure rather than rushing to get all the rifles that I MIGHT want to build in the next ten years, finished in the next six months.

Going a little further with that thought, could I buy a bunch of steel or aluminum blocks, inscribe them with serial numbers, and register them as AK-clones, FAL-clones, etc...

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:15 PM

I don't understand how disproportionate the laws here are compared to the rest of the country. They aren't even close.
Old 07-24-2013, 3:42 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by holasrmateo View Post
I don't understand how disproportionate the laws here are compared to the rest of the country. They aren't even close.
Agreed 100 percent. The fact that we can't get a foothold on changing these laws is more disconcerting. I fear that California will EVER get back the liberties and constitutionally guaranteed RIGHTS provided to us by our forefathers. I am not being a pessimist, but a realist. Too many gun grabbing anti-2A dem's who just won't be ousted. I am NOT saying it is not worth the fight, though

Last edited by Johnny_Utah; 07-24-2013 at 3:55 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 11:48 PM

You can stay, fight for your rights. But in the interim, you'll have to surrender the guns you are fighting to keep. Or, you will become a felon and will not have the right to own a gun in a different state. Because you are now an ex convict/felon. (once you get out of jail/prison)

What you own now will not be legal in the very near future. Will you move or surrender your guns?

Don't blame those that leave. You can't. I don't.
Old 07-25-2013, 2:54 AM

Can someone post a link that we can easily send mass emails to stop all these unjust bills from passing. I want to be able to send the link to everyone I know but if its to much work most people won't do it (sad but true). Thx everyone
Old 07-25-2013, 7:05 AM

I am considering moving Back to CA from AZ, after seven years. Almost all gun owners say I am nuts.
While AZ has the most relaxed gun laws in the nation, it sucks in just about every other way, IMHO...
Watching this constant battle for CA rights from here, it has become quite obvious that fighting the legislature is a waste of valuable resources.
It looks to me like the battle to save gun rights will have to be won in Federal Court.
Just my $.02
Old 07-25-2013, 7:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown View Post
Can someone post a link that we can easily send mass emails to stop all these unjust bills from passing. I want to be able to send the link to everyone I know but if its to much work most people won't do it (sad but true). Thx everyone
http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html
http://cqrcengage.com/smith-wesson/a...gagementId=777
http://www.nraila.org/get-involved-l...your-reps.aspx
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/the-i...nia/2013-2014/
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml
Old 07-25-2013, 9:07 AM

Thank you for the links.
Old 07-25-2013, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOA1 View Post
You can stay, fight for your rights. But in the interim, you'll have to surrender the guns you are fighting to keep. Or, you will become a felon and will not have the right to own a gun in a different state. Because you are now an ex convict/felon. (once you get out of jail/prison)

What you own now will not be legal in the very near future. Will you move or surrender your guns?

Don't blame those that leave. You can't. I don't.
I hope it doesn't come down to that, but the short answer is...

(1) No, I will not surrender my guns and/or high capacity magazines to the California State Government or its law enforcement agencies.

(2) No, I will not become a felon because I do not do so.

Basically, none of the laws say that you CANNOT as a Californian Resident own a gun they banned or a magazine they outlawed. They simply say that you cannot have them within the State of California. What I'll do is store them out of state until such a time that our rights are restored or if this exceeds my lifespan sell, give or will it to someone out of state or a Californian who continues to store it out of state. The idea is that no matter what the guns must never be turned in to the government and must remain in private hands. At the very least, this preserves the premise of an armed citizenry ready and able to resist tyranny foreign or domestic.

In fact, I will be interested in starting an out of state armory where Calgunners can send their weapons for safe, long term storage at a low flat fee. From this storage, their owners can draw their weapons for any purpose -- no questions asked -- and can return them to storage afterwards. They can sell, transfer or will them in storage as well.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:10 PM

Not Wise.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 PM
yeah buddy!
CGN Contributor

EVERY SINGLE CAL GUNS MEMBER SHOULD TAKE AN ANTI-GUN PERSON OUT SHOOTING.

Hearts and minds. Win the hearts and minds. Show them that their fear of firearms is based on ignorance and media manipulation.

Don't be patronizing, or a jerk about it. Be patient and explain things and let them see it for what it is for themselves.

IT WILL WORK.

How do I know? I used to be one of them. My buddy took me out to shoot his Benelli m4, Remington 870, various custom AR's, 1911's, CZ's, and now I am no longer an anti-gun person.

I AM A GUN NUT. NOT A FAN. NOT AN OWNER. A NUT. AND I LOVE IT. 2 YEARS AGO I HAD NO FIREARMS. I NOW OWN 14 (would have more but budget constraints!).

GOD BLESS AMERICA. AND GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

PS -- I WORK IN HOLLYWOOD AND AM CONVERTING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT.

Last edited by hunterb; 08-19-2013 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-08-2013, 10:03 PM

Thumbs up The new Penal Code 27566 appears to have been removed from SB 374

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...201320140SB374

Rimfire weapons seem to have lined out from being defined as assault weapons as has much of the most drastic other language
Old 08-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel101 View Post
First, for everyone who keeps saying they left California and glad they did...ya'll aren't helping. This is Calguns not Missouri-guns, Nevada-guns, Arizona-guns...whatever. We are here and most of us are here to stay. California has the fifth largest population in the US where tech, research, and other science based jobs are growing. That's just one of the reasons why people come here. If you left for greener pastures, more power to you. Be a good gun owner and continue your fight because there's always a chance that those same rights you left California for may be taken from you in your neck of the woods. As for me, I'm here and I'm gonna continue to fight as much as I can. I wish I was rich and I can leave work to protest and express my anger and disgust towards the current politicians, but I can't. I have to work and support myself in an economy where having a job right now is pure gold. I'm sure all of you have at least one friend or relative who is unemployed. ALL OF YOU! If this ***** is going to be done in vain, then I don't care. I fought for something. What the hell did you guys do? Right...you left. I'm going out fighting. I hope more of you do the same.

So am I.

I am a 7th generation Californian. Our family had at least three ancestors fighting for independence from Mexico in the Bear Flag Revolt. One of them was Capt. John Grigsby, commander of Co. “C” of the California Militia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigsby#cite_note-4

Quote:
• John Grigsby, Captain, United States Army, leader in the Bear Flag Revolt and the Grigsby-Ide Party.[4]
To my people the 49ers were newcomers.

I love this state; it was once the greatest state in the union. But I can, and will, fight for her from else ware. If you could stubbornly hold your position while your artillery and heavy weapons were being overrun and captured; or fall back to a position from which you could still effectively engage the enemy while saving your most powerful weapons, which choice would you make?
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)

Last edited by Meplat; 08-09-2013 at 11:43 AM..
Old 08-14-2013, 9:22 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Talking Governor Brown: appealing to his common sense is our best hope.

Here is my take on these absurd bills, for what it is worth:
The authors of these anti-gun bills, such as Steinberg, Yee, Skinner, Hancock, and so on, have likely all formulated their anti-gun beliefs long ago. They are entrenched. They have probably all been anti-gun people since childhood. Likely they were raised this way, by anti-gun parents. For them, being anti-gun is as much a part of their individual make-up as is their blood-type, religion, or their beliefs on other hot-button issues, such as abortion or welfare. Also, these people tend to mirror the political anti-gun makeup of their constituents. For example, it’s no coincidence that a senator from liberal anti-gun San Francisco, or anti-gun Los Angeles, or anti-gun Santa Cruz, is authoring anti-gun legislation. There is simply no way you or I are ever going to change their votes on a gun-related issue. Barring something short of a miracle-- such as them suddenly receiving “No” votes from 60% or more of the constituents in their OWN district (not district outsiders)---- these anti-gunners are NOT going to change their votes. They’re just not. I know many of us hope they will, or think they will, or think they even might. But, they won’t. I know, I’m sick about it too.

When you’re dealing with gun-hating people such as Darrell Steinberg, Loni Hancock, Leland Yee, Kevin de Leon, Mark DeSaulnier, as well as others, you’re dealing with radical demagogues. You’re dealing with people who are rabid, life-long hoplophobes. You’re dealing with people who possess an innate, life-long, irrational hatred and fear of all firearms. You’re dealing with ignorance: people who, in most cases, have never even fired a gun, much less owned one. And, you’re dealing with a level of stubbornness, and close-mindedness, that demonstrates a complete and utter unwillingness to learn anything new about this subject. Do you doubt me? Then, show me even one instance where even one of the aforementioned gun-hating liberals has ever changed their vote on a gun issue, even after they had received hundreds or even thousands of emails and faxes asking them to do so. You can’t. Truth is, you could send 50 thousand “vote NO” faxes to a person such as Leland Yee an hour from now, and he still would not change his vote. Do you really have a sincere doubt on this? This man, like Obama, is an elitist, an “I know what is best for you” type of politician. The arrogance of such a bureaucrat is breathtaking and nauseating. Sadly, he is not alone. To the contrary, he is just one liberal anti-gunner among many in Sacramento. And, among many in California.

Which brings me to this. Our best and last hope lies, unfortunately, with Governor Brown.

Brown, while having a long reputation as a liberal, has not shown himself to be a complete and total rabid gun-hater, the way people such as Steinberg, Yee, and Hancock have. Brown actually owned hunting rifles when he was younger. He claims to own "three guns" currently. Brown is more of a pragmatist, it would seem. Hopefully, he will take a long, hard, and thoughtful look at all of these bills that arrive at his desk. And hopefully, he will do a serious assessment of each one, and its potential costs to the state, especially in terms of the legal costs to the state of California, as each of these new laws is put to the test in the courts. Because, it’s a pretty sure thing that many—if not all—of these new laws will be contested in the courts. And, the state would then be forced to spend millions to defend them. And, some will not pass the smell test. Some are clearly unconstitutional. Some will be overturned.

Our best hope lies with Governor Brown taking a reasoned approach to these bills, and vetoing them. Each and every one. Let’s all hope that he will does this. And, for the more religious among us, let us all pray that God gives Governor Brown the good reason, and wisdom, to perceive that these bills are nothing more than attempts to punish law-abiding gun owners, and that none of them will help prevent crime.

In the meantime, all of us need to keep the calls, emails, faxes, and letters coming to Governor Brown. Please, keep them respectful, professional, succinct, and to the point. Please request that he veto any and all anti-gun and anti-ammo legislation. You may reach Governor Brown at:
Governor Jerry Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160
Email: http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php
Old 08-15-2013, 2:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

You make a good point. Go see my post inside this forum section from yesterday. I give a lot of details on my opinion. Thanks.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:35 PM

Default dont give up freedom lovers

We will not relinquish our firearms nevertheless our freedom. these ridiculous senators must be voted out and be arrested for their treason to the constitution. Theyre are just payed off puppets to the new world order..Lets keep fighting and keep fighting. and after that keep fighting ..
Old 08-19-2013, 12:32 AM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjjj View Post
When you’re dealing with gun-hating people such as Darrell Steinberg, Loni Hancock, Leland Yee, Kevin de Leon, Mark DeSaulnier, as well as others, you’re dealing with radical demagogues.
Those are NOT the only legislators in Sac, and MANY are more moderate than you think. The moderate guys do not want to do things that will get them beat in the primaries. They ARE susceptible to pressure from phone calls and emails.
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOA1 View Post
Thank you for the links.
Set up an alternate email dump for the responses.
Old 08-19-2013, 6:40 PM
yeah buddy!
CGN Contributor

Wrote another email to Governor Brown today. Think I gotta write more snail mail. Costs a stamp, but carries more weight. And I don't believe in form letters. Write your own words. Put some effort into being eloquent, persuasive and concise.
Old 08-20-2013, 8:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Deserves a bump.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:14 AM

Bump-scribing
Old 08-31-2013, 10:37 AM

I've seen and downloaded the links to letters opposing the many anti 2A bills. I was hoping I would find one that addressed all of the proposed bills together (instead of individually). Can someone please point me in the right direction? Got my letters addressed, just need some help with a solid comprehensive letter opposing all of these bills. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Jack View Post
I've seen and downloaded the links to letters opposing the many anti 2A bills. I was hoping I would find one that addressed all of the proposed bills together (instead of individually). Can someone please point me in the right direction? Got my letters addressed, just need some help with a solid comprehensive letter opposing all of these bills. Thanks in advance.
www.DemandRights.com is a good place to start.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Wrote another email to Governor Brown today. Think I gotta write more snail mail. Costs a stamp, but carries more weight. And I don't believe in form letters. Write your own words. Put some effort into being eloquent, persuasive and concise.
Given what's at stake, stamps are cheap.