Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-04-2013, 5:30 PM
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajcrash View Post
Thanks for putting this all together. Though you do realize that when emailing these folks they all have a 200 word limit for remarks. Most will not accept an email that does not come directly through the .gov site.

$500+ is a bit costly to write them all eleven letters, heck I'd apply that cash to moving out of CA. It will never get any better, I've been writing these political hacks for years and have almost never seen it bare any fruit. I hate to abandon the fight, but their comes a point when one must conclude that all is lost.

Jacob Rascon, (aka) Pennys Dad
President of CGSSA
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association.
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”

Last edited by pennys dad; 04-04-2013 at 5:50 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 9:36 PM

3 more weeks and I close escrow on my NEW home in ARIZONA!!!!!! Ima gonna be a ZONIE!!! Who wants to buy my house here in Communist California?
Old 04-04-2013, 11:10 PM

contacted Assembly Member representing district13 hope she listen.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:40 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor

Sent out 22 letters today. I am going to email all of them tomorrow night.
Old 04-05-2013, 7:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Lacking motivation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpH5L8zCtSk

Last edited by pitbull30; 04-05-2013 at 4:15 PM.. Reason: embed video
Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitbull30 View Post
Excellent Video!

President of CGSSA
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Something to be Thankful for: “To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world.”
Old 04-05-2013, 10:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

It's an every day process, its my duty and job

“Silence makes cowards out of the best of men” –Abraham Lincoln

Wounded Knee is the prime example of why the Second Amendment exists, and why we shouldn’t be in such a hurry to surrender our Right to Bear Arms.
Without the Second Amendment we have no way to defend ourselves and our families.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 PM

I'm sorry but I could not find the email list so I went here http://senate.ca.gov/senators
and here
http://assembly.ca.gov/assemblymembers

at the top of the individuals info is a link to a contact page. I will be working on the assembly tonight. I plan to send all 11 letters individually to each member.
Hopefully I can get the senate tomorrow.

Edit: I figured out the FPC site and it was much more efficient. I also sent emails to the Gov, Lt Gov and AG.

Follow me on Twitter @2ACivilRights

Last edited by sdblu; 04-05-2013 at 11:26 PM.. Reason: updated info
Old 04-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Arrow

Wow couldn't have imagine that Kali would have taken back seat to CT NY MA CO, well I don't think they will be.
Here more bad news.

Unfortunately, early this week, all the Democrats in the state Assembly Public Safety Committee voted for three egregious anti-gun ensuring that each bill received and was reported by a 5 to 2 vote. The following Democratic Assembly committee members SUPPORTED these onerous bills:

Tom Ammiano (D-17)
Reggie Jones-Sawyer (D-59)
Holly Mitchell (D-54)
Bill Quirk (D-20)
Nancy Skinner (D-15)

These two Republican Assemblymen OPPOSED these onerous bills:

Melissa Melendez (R-67)
Marie Waldron (R-75)

Please contact the state legislators above to express your disappointment in their vote to PUNISH law-abiding gun owners or your thanks for SUPPORTING law-abiding gun owners. Contact information can be found here.

These three anti-gun bills will now be re-referred to the Assembly Appropriations Committee. A hearing date has not been set, but we will keep you posted. Continue to check your e-mail and www.nraila.org.

Assembly Bill 48 (Skinner), would ban the sale of magazine parts kits that can hold more than ten cartridges, it would ban the sale or transfer of ammunition by anyone other than a licensed firearms dealer and would require that every single ammunition transfer be reported to the state. Under this unprecedented attack on ammunition, millions of law-abiding gun owners would become criminals.

If enacted, a gun owner who “furnishes” ammunition to a friend at the shooting range, and a father who hands his son ammunition while teaching him how to properly and safely use a firearm, would become criminals. Under AB 48, sporting goods stores, general stores, and shooting ranges that do not sell firearms would be BANNED from selling ammunition on a widespread basis throughout the state. This would effectively put many ranges out of business! What is more, AB 48's sales registration requirements have already been tried, and failed, at the federal level. In 1986, the BATFE scrapped this requirement because it had no substantial law enforcement value! But the bill’s problems don’t end there. AB 48 is utterly vague in its attempt to ban parts kits, prohibiting the sale of “devices capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine.” To the extent this provision might be deciphered to ban common magazine parts kits violates, the law is unconstitutional. And by criminalizing the transfer of ammunition by all but licensed firearm dealers, AB 48 further violates the Second Amendment.

The other bill is, Assembly Bill 169 (Dickinson), which would ban the sale and transfer of firearms that are not currently on California's roster of handguns approved for sale in the state. In doing so, this bill would prohibit the transfer of millions of lawfully-owned handguns and jeopardize their continued ownership.

Currently, California law allows handguns that are not on the approved roster to be sold or otherwise transferred to another individual either on consignment or as a private party transfer, provided that the sale is completed through a licensed firearms retailer, where the purchaser is subjected to a background check. If enacted, AB 169 would leave gun owners who lawfully purchased a handgun that previously appeared on the State's approved roster with no means to sell or transfer their handgun, if that firearm is no longer listed on the roster.

Assembly Bill 500 (Ammiano) extends the ten-day waiting period for a firearm for an additional seven days and expands the mandatory storage requirements of a firearm.

C&R collector Contact me Finn M39 or K98. Offer Russian SVT-40 date1942 Tula Trade for k98 Berlin-Lubecker- "237" 1940, and also "duv" 40 date.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM

Hope NRA starts to poor more funds in to kali, Once kali goes down the 45 States will follow Forget the federal Ban, The Ban will be local, will be forced for each and all the States. Yeah, don't be so happy NM AZ TX, your turn will come. Unless we all face it, and take it out !

C&R collector Contact me Finn M39 or K98. Offer Russian SVT-40 date1942 Tula Trade for k98 Berlin-Lubecker- "237" 1940, and also "duv" 40 date.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Veteran Member

Reading that pisses me off to much I can't think straight, need to take a break from the computer...

WTF is wrong with these people?!?! These Bills need to be fought!! The NRA better get the **** to California and help!
Old 04-06-2013, 2:48 PM

I honestly believe the elected officials in this once great state are raving LOONS.
Old 04-08-2013, 9:15 AM
CGSSA President

Email addresses added to the Box: https://www.box.com/s/3synvhapsvp3ns4v152z

President of CGSSA
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Old 04-08-2013, 12:33 PM

Is anybody concerned that by sending these letters you might end up on a list of potential people to be targeted for confiscation?
Old 04-08-2013, 1:02 PM
C3 Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubster View Post
Is anybody concerned that by sending these letters you might end up on a list of potential people to be targeted for confiscation?
This Forum is a list, too late for you now.
Might as well complete the jump and give'em hell

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Calguns T-shirts, hats and stickers

CALGUNS.NET logo stickers and patches (3 inch) are here

The Gulag Archipelago - Online read .pdf
Old 04-08-2013, 1:25 PM

I just read the text of 567. THis is how it reads according to leginfo (http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...201320140SB567):

17190. As used in Sections 16530, 16640, 16870, and 17180, Sections 17720 to 17730, inclusive, Section 17740, subdivision (f) of Section 27555, Section 30215, and Article 1 (commencing with Section 33210) of Chapter 8 of Division 10 of Title 4, “shotgun” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore or rifled bore either a number of projectiles (ball shot) or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger.

I hate all these bills, but saying that bans all handguns seems wrong. Handguns don't fire shotgun shells, and this specifies shotgun shells. It expands the definition of shotgun, but doesn't seem to say anything about handguns, which don't use shotgun shells. If you have a handgun that does, that will now be classified as a shotgun, but I don't see how this would ban all handguns.

Am I missing something? If we're advertising this as a total handgun ban, and it's not, then we look disingenuous and, more importantly, we open ourselves up to attack as creating "lies" about the bills, even if it's an honest mistake (which it naturally is, if I"m correct in my reading).

--al

Blog: armedlamb.com

Twitter: armedlamb

Facebook: Armedlamb

It's a little known fact that the phrase "Molon Labe" is in fact ancient Greek for "Suck it, Dianne Feinstein."
Old 04-08-2013, 1:55 PM

snail mail sent!
Old 04-08-2013, 2:12 PM
CGSSA President

Correct reading. The bill shows that it was amended. I have removed the current letter from the list. A new one will be added in its place

Quote:
Originally Posted by armedlamb View Post
I just read the text of 567. THis is how it reads according to leginfo (http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...201320140SB567):

17190. As used in Sections 16530, 16640, 16870, and 17180, Sections 17720 to 17730, inclusive, Section 17740, subdivision (f) of Section 27555, Section 30215, and Article 1 (commencing with Section 33210) of Chapter 8 of Division 10 of Title 4, “shotgun” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore or rifled bore either a number of projectiles (ball shot) or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger.

I hate all these bills, but saying that bans all handguns seems wrong. Handguns don't fire shotgun shells, and this specifies shotgun shells. It expands the definition of shotgun, but doesn't seem to say anything about handguns, which don't use shotgun shells. If you have a handgun that does, that will now be classified as a shotgun, but I don't see how this would ban all handguns.

Am I missing something? If we're advertising this as a total handgun ban, and it's not, then we look disingenuous and, more importantly, we open ourselves up to attack as creating "lies" about the bills, even if it's an honest mistake (which it naturally is, if I"m correct in my reading).

--al

President of CGSSA
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Old 04-08-2013, 9:09 PM

Repeat after me, gents:

I WILL NOT COMPLY.

One brave holdout becomes a victim. One million makes the machine break down through sheer lack of capacity.
Old 04-09-2013, 2:21 PM

Default get in the fight no excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
Yes, I'll continue to fight. These people in our statehouse are oppressive. April is a bad month for me to fight though. Got some work finally. I'll have to fight from the computer this time. It's probably for the best though. Those committee meetings were causing me physical grief.

you are just kidding rite? all you have todo is print out the letters and sign and mail them ,, it will take about 15 min and a couple bucks too mail ! do you want too retain your rights ?

Old 04-10-2013, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armenjs802 View Post
Wow couldn't have imagine that Kali would have taken back seat to CT NY MA CO, well I don't think they will be.
Here more bad news.

Unfortunately, early this week, all the Democrats in the state Assembly Public Safety Committee voted for three egregious anti-gun ensuring that each bill received and was reported by a 5 to 2 vote. The following Democratic Assembly committee members SUPPORTED these onerous bills:

Tom Ammiano (D-17)
Reggie Jones-Sawyer (D-59)
Holly Mitchell (D-54)
Bill Quirk (D-20)
Nancy Skinner (D-15)

These two Republican Assemblymen OPPOSED these onerous bills:

Melissa Melendez (R-67)
Marie Waldron (R-75)

Please contact the state legislators above to express your disappointment in their vote to PUNISH law-abiding gun owners or your thanks for SUPPORTING law-abiding gun owners. Contact information can be found here.

These three anti-gun bills will now be re-referred to the Assembly Appropriations Committee. A hearing date has not been set, but we will keep you posted. Continue to check your e-mail and www.nraila.org.

Assembly Bill 48 (Skinner), would ban the sale of magazine parts kits that can hold more than ten cartridges, it would ban the sale or transfer of ammunition by anyone other than a licensed firearms dealer and would require that every single ammunition transfer be reported to the state. Under this unprecedented attack on ammunition, millions of law-abiding gun owners would become criminals.

If enacted, a gun owner who “furnishes” ammunition to a friend at the shooting range, and a father who hands his son ammunition while teaching him how to properly and safely use a firearm, would become criminals. Under AB 48, sporting goods stores, general stores, and shooting ranges that do not sell firearms would be BANNED from selling ammunition on a widespread basis throughout the state. This would effectively put many ranges out of business! What is more, AB 48's sales registration requirements have already been tried, and failed, at the federal level. In 1986, the BATFE scrapped this requirement because it had no substantial law enforcement value! But the bill’s problems don’t end there. AB 48 is utterly vague in its attempt to ban parts kits, prohibiting the sale of “devices capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large-capacity magazine.” To the extent this provision might be deciphered to ban common magazine parts kits violates, the law is unconstitutional. And by criminalizing the transfer of ammunition by all but licensed firearm dealers, AB 48 further violates the Second Amendment.

The other bill is, Assembly Bill 169 (Dickinson), which would ban the sale and transfer of firearms that are not currently on California's roster of handguns approved for sale in the state. In doing so, this bill would prohibit the transfer of millions of lawfully-owned handguns and jeopardize their continued ownership.

Currently, California law allows handguns that are not on the approved roster to be sold or otherwise transferred to another individual either on consignment or as a private party transfer, provided that the sale is completed through a licensed firearms retailer, where the purchaser is subjected to a background check. If enacted, AB 169 would leave gun owners who lawfully purchased a handgun that previously appeared on the State's approved roster with no means to sell or transfer their handgun, if that firearm is no longer listed on the roster.

Assembly Bill 500 (Ammiano) extends the ten-day waiting period for a firearm for an additional seven days and expands the mandatory storage requirements of a firearm.
So how this works is because they are supported 5 to 2 those bills will be on the ballot later this year? Correct?

Wants:
Remington M700, M1 Garand, AK-47, Build an AR
-------
NRA Member
Registered Voter
Old 04-10-2013, 2:57 PM
Veteran Member

The easiest way I figured out to go about this and maybe others want to follow suit, but go to FPC.ORG click on the first Senate Bill from Yee (SB47), enter your info once and it'll take you through all the bills. Or return to the original link posted and select key bills (as listed in "Letters in PDF") to voice your opinion.

I then used "Letters in PDF" on the link in the OP by Pennys Dad, downloaded them, found the bill that corresponded to the page I was on at FPC.ORG and copied & pasted the content in the dialog box, omitting the table and changing the text "Listed below..." with "SB***".

Took about 15-30mins to do, but damn, if it can stop some of the madness, then it's well worth it.

FYI, there are some bills on FPC.ORG that do not have corresponding "Letters", so just throw something in there. I just put the following:

Quote:
I urge you to oppose any and all anti-gun legislation that will simply criminalize law-abiding California Gun Owners, instead focus on improvements to our mental health system and enhancing school security, while respecting our Second Amendment Civil Rights. Your votes on these issues will be my major point of consideration in my future voting decisions.

Concerned Constituent, American and Law Abiding Californian,
Your Name

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing

Last edited by RobGR; 04-10-2013 at 4:47 PM..
Old 04-10-2013, 8:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennys dad View Post
It's a sin that somehow the light of freedom is changing to the shadow of unconditional submission and casting its shroud over all we have known. Have we become so unaware, have our ranks grown so filled with apathy and our hearts of stone that we could find ourselves disarmed, without suspicion of a crime or other wrong doings? Are we to wake up one day outside our freemen’s dreams and instead be part of the dream of the King?
I love that song.

It's not enough just to stand and stare. Get to the committee meetings if you can, and for all our sakes, send letters, call, and talk to your local gun stores and get flyers posted.
Old 04-10-2013, 8:38 PM

Since this nightmare started I've been doing lots of calling faxing and emailing... me my wife and friends. I don't want to wake up one day and find out that we no more free men.. fight now or be slave later..
Old 04-11-2013, 2:09 PM
CGSSA President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded Claymore View Post
I love that song.

It's not enough just to stand and stare. Get to the committee meetings if you can, and for all our sakes, send letters, call, and talk to your local gun stores and get flyers posted.
It is an awesome song, it provided a great base to start with

President of CGSSA
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Old 04-11-2013, 2:21 PM
Veteran Member

BTW, if you go the route I posted above, your inbox will be flooded with auto-responses. It takes no more than 10 sec to delete it all if using a gmail account.

I got one response so far. And I like it.

Quote:
Thank you for taking time to contact my office and sharing your thoughts about gun related proposals and our Second Amendment rights.

Recently, tragic shootings have brought the long-standing gun control debate to the forefront of many Americans’ minds, as some politicians try to exploit the tragedy. However, the 2nd Amendment of the United States Constitution clearly states, “… the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Still, year after year various members of the California Legislature introduce legislation designed to chip away at these rights. Bills are introduced to restrict access to ammunition, semi-automatic weapons, or to place more obstructive and burdensome regulations on businesses that sell firearms. For thirteen years, my position has been the same – weakening the 2nd Amendment is not the answer.

As with all state funded programs, I support a review of our mental health programs to ensure unstable people receive the help they need; programs that will also help keep the public safe. I am also in favor of more effective background checks to keep guns away from criminals. Regarding pending legislation, I have been and will continue to be a staunch supporter of gun rights. I will oppose any legislation that attempts to limit our Second Amendment rights.

It is an honor to represent you in the State Senate.

Sincerely,

MARK WYLAND
Senator, 38th District

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 04-11-2013, 9:29 PM

Good Evening Penny's Dad,

Thanks for setting this up. What are your thoughts on the link on Ruger.com that sends a generic letter of support for the 2nd to various politicians of which Obama, Biden, and Feinstein are included? It seems like a pretty streamlined link.

Let's win this together,

RBA
Old 04-13-2013, 7:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'm assuming all of this is law enforcement exempt
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 AM

In it to win it.

CRPA Member
NRA Life member
Old 04-15-2013, 1:37 PM
Veteran Member

The second response I have received.

Quote:
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate knowing how my constituents feel about the issues.

I am an NRA member and a strong supporter of the Second Amendment rights granted under the U.S. Constitution. I will continue to fight for the protection of this amendment and will oppose any bills that further restrict the rights of law abiding citizens.

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with me. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in the future regarding other legislative issues.

Sincerely,

Assemblymember Chávez

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 04-16-2013, 12:07 PM

You can watch the stream for the Senate hearing on the Assault weapons here right now: http://www.calchannel.com/live-webcast/
Click on Senate Public Safety Committee
Thye just went to lunch until 1330
They were discussing SB 374
Guy from EL Cajon Gun Exchange was just on

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-16-2013, 2:37 PM

SB 47 is being discussed on http://www.calchannel.com/live-webcast/
Click on Senate Public Safety Committee

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery. - Thomas Jefferson
Old 04-16-2013, 4:56 PM

So break down the bad news for those of us who didn't get to see or hear it. I have been hearing other things about CA gun owners being screwed as of 1-1-14. More info please.
Old 04-16-2013, 6:21 PM

Default California Gun Owners-CalGunners Unite!~

I urge you to oppose any and all anti-gun legislation that will simply criminalize law-abiding California Gun Owners, instead focus on improvements to our mental health system and enhancing school security, while respecting our Second Amendment Civil Rights. Your votes on these issues will be my major point of consideration in my future voting decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGR View Post
The easiest way I figured out to go about this and maybe others want to follow suit, but go to FPC.ORG click on the first Senate Bill from Yee (SB47), enter your info once and it'll take you through all the bills. Or return to the original link posted and select key bills (as listed in "Letters in PDF") to voice your opinion.

I then used "Letters in PDF" on the link in the OP by Pennys Dad, downloaded them, found the bill that corresponded to the page I was on at FPC.ORG and copied & pasted the content in the dialog box, omitting the table and changing the text "Listed below..." with "SB***".

Took about 15-30mins to do, but damn, if it can stop some of the madness, then it's well worth it.

FYI, there are some bills on FPC.ORG that do not have corresponding "Letters", so just throw something in there. I just put the following:

Your Name
thank you for the quick & easy directions man .. good job
Old 04-16-2013, 6:35 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGR View Post

I followed your lead, probably to late I admit, so thanks for the tips. I used my own verbiage across the board, but hope it hits it's mark.

I strongly urge you to oppose & reconsider any and all anti-gun legislation and stances that will result in the criminalization of law-abiding California gun owners & the continued whittling away of our 2nd Amendment rights to own and bear arms.

Instead, focus on improvements to our flawed mental health system and enhancing school security, if future safety is in fact one of your claimed key concerns, while respecting our Second Amendment Civil Rights. Current gun laws have not yet stopped the types of tragedies you claim further even stricter legislation will, and that is because the mentally handicapped on prescription drugs with lists of side-effects and basic criminals do not care about laws, so your efforts will not hurt or effect them. They will hurt and effect every-day law abiding citizens who value their 2nd Amendment Rights. History has proven this basic fact out time and time again.

Your vote on these issues will be my sole point of consideration in my future voting decisions.

xxxxx

WTS: Gun stuff & things

Last edited by glock_this; 04-16-2013 at 6:40 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 7:14 PM

Thanks, mailing these out to my congress peeps tomorrow morning. Lots o' stamps.
Old 04-16-2013, 7:17 PM
CGSSA President

New Flyers and Efforts starting soon

President of CGSSA
Jacob@CGSSA.Org

Old 04-16-2013, 8:41 PM
Calguns Addict

Vancouver, WA looks a little better each day...

CZ Scorpion EVO and S&W 1911SC E-Series Commander for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWalkerM View Post
eh why bring logic into this, that makes too much sense... besides when you have bested a fool, you have accomplished nothing and he is a fool.
Old 04-17-2013, 1:31 PM

I've drawn my ****ing line i am ****ing pissed to hell...
Old 04-17-2013, 3:57 PM
Veteran Member

SOOO glad I don't live in that state...