Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:43 AM

Exclamation One click - 20 emails

There are a lot of anti gun laws for California coming up for votes. CAL NRA has the “one click” emails.
http://calnra.com/legs.shtml

I reduced it to 1 click – 20 emails.
www.actionpistolclub.com/Docs/email_for_rights_8-21-13.docx

Fill in your name and click.

Happy clicking!

Jerold

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-22-2013, 8:07 AM

Thanks for this! So far getting auto "due to high volume of emails" responses back. Will do this every day.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Banned

Cant figure out how to work it.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Calguns is my Facebook!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by postal View Post
Cant figure out how to work it.
Me too.... all I get is some winzip file and a bunch of files but when I open them all I see is either pics or code...

Onegtalon... toooooo many hobbies man !...

HDF, CGN/CGF member
Old 08-22-2013, 11:57 AM

.docx requires Microsoft Word 2007.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:28 PM

I'm assuming this is gonna be windows only..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-22-2013, 5:44 PM

Any chance to make it mobile device friendly? I'm not computer savy further more only have a phone and tablet and can't figure out how to do it.
Thanks
Old 08-22-2013, 5:50 PM
Calguns Addict

tag
PM about Front Sight Lifetime Memberships or Training Certificates
Old 08-22-2013, 7:25 PM

yeah.. can't get it to work for me either.
Old 08-22-2013, 8:11 PM

I have Office but I don't have Outlook so it ended up sending the emails using Gmail. A little over 20 clicks but still totally worth it and thanks for the effort!
Old 08-24-2013, 8:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicantePeperoni View Post
I have Office but I don't have Outlook so it ended up sending the emails using Gmail. A little over 20 clicks but still totally worth it and thanks for the effort!
This one is easy. It will use what ever your mail program is that you normally us.

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-24-2013, 8:53 AM

Sorry don't have the time to make it mobile friendly or port to Open office. By the time I had it done and working, the window would close.

As an alternate you can use the original website.

http://calnra.com/legs.shtml

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-24-2013, 8:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onegtalon View Post
Me too.... all I get is some winzip file and a bunch of files but when I open them all I see is either pics or code...
I solved the word issues. Now in PDF format. Just about everyone can read that.

The Excel part is up to you.

www.actionpistolclub.com/Docs/email_for_rights_8-21-13.pdf

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-24-2013, 9:08 AM

Default Return emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Thanks for this! So far getting auto "due to high volume of emails" responses back. Will do this every day.
Me too, I have a 138 to count. No worries, my understanding is they must read every email that comes in. This doesn't mean that you can't go to their website and telling your opinion as well. If you have the time I would do that too.

The email reflector sends an email to each member of the appropriate committee. Each committee member then responds back to you directly. Without the reflector you would be maintaining your own email lists.

You can send paper letters or do good old phone calls, but my NRA guy says they don't care about your argument, they just want a Yes/No answer. So in the 1/2 hour it takes to carefully construct a letter, that is 500 emails that could have been processed by them.

If you get an email back that asks if you are a constituent, you can reply as "I live in California" therefore I'm a constituent. I think they usually drop it after that.

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-25-2013, 12:34 PM

One of the many reasons that this is NOT a good idea, is that we frequently change the email address for the "One-Clicks" to prevent spamming and DSAs.

It is a better idea to simply use the One-Click links.

Thanks for all of your efforts.

Paul

H. Paul Payne
NRA Liaison to the Executive Vice President
NRA Members' Councils Program Administrator
(951) 683-4NRA Office nrausmc@earthlink.net Email
http://www.calnra.com California NRA Web Site ----- CLICK HERE to
Join NRA's California Team of Volunteers

Proud to be an NRA Benefactor Member
Old 08-29-2013, 11:37 AM

The Excel program just uses the NRA email reflector and does the courtesy of setting up the email and sending it. This is for this round of bills only, and will be removed after they are done. i.e. not for permanent use.

One of our local NRA guy says:
Quote:
I do not identify my residence or zip code. They auto respond back
saying they only have time to answer their own constituents. I answer
all of those with a "Your vote effects me and I am a citizen of
California, so I expect you to consider my complaints" which keeps it
bouncing back and forth

If we got to 10,000 users that hour would yield 8+ million distinct
personal emails delivered

The thing to understand is that it isn't spam, it is your own message
personal message.

They are required to count them, attribute them to a position on a
particular bill and move on.

The 'muzzle energy' site forward comes to them as direct from you at
your ISP and never registers as a form letter.

Finally since the DON"T read all of what is written, doing elaborate
arguments instead of high quantity gives them the advantage. That's why
they tell you to mail a handwritten letter, or call. They are not going
to tell you what they are actually sensitive to.

My advice is to say something as simple as " I insist you vote no on Ab
123 "
copy - paste it into the subject line, message body and into a PS after
your signature.
Sand message and go to next one.

The truth is that this is a quantity not quality issue, but that is not
unlawful
I hope that helps clarify things.

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-29-2013, 6:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

You can also use www.DemandRights.org / www.CalGunFight.org and www.firearmspolicy.org/the-issues/california to send messages on the bills as well as letters to the Governor urging him to VETO whatever gets to him. There's no easier way to take action, period.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 08-29-2013, 6:16 PM
Mortuus Ergo Invictus
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
You can also use www.DemandRights.org / www.CalGunFight.org and www.firearmspolicy.org/the-issues/california to send messages on the bills as well as letters to the Governor urging him to VETO whatever gets to him. There's no easier way to take action, period.

-Brandon
Opt-out required to email without giving money to your cheesy org? Super Cheesy. Is it even a non-profit? If not, who owns the for-profit corporation?
My posts may contain general information related to the law, however, THEY ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE AND I AM NOT A LAWYER. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want legal advice. No attorney-client or confidential relationship exists or will be formed between myself and any other person on the basis of these posts. Pronouns I may use (such as "you" and "your") do NOT refer to any particular person under any circumstance.
Old 08-31-2013, 9:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post

-Brandon
Look great but is my personal information displayed on the public website? Not that I hid my firearms beliefs, but I don't need to advertise them. All I need is my customers to Google me.

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-31-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
Look great but is my personal information displayed on the public website? Not that I hid my firearms beliefs, but I don't need to advertise them. All I need is my customers to Google me.
Found the direct link.
http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php/

Action Pistol Club
Old 08-31-2013, 10:14 AM
Calguns Addict

20 emails that go.... nowhere, except into a spam-box. I'm not saying DON'T do it, obviously do all you can; but don't think that doing ONLY this is sufficient, and you are done. More than likely, every email generated by any one of these sources, even your individual emails are treated as spam or as coming from an auto-bot spammer.

Calls, a real-world presence, and physical letters need to be written/typed and MAILED. Can that be ignored too? Sure, letters can go into a pile; but all mail is actually opened and handled; emails are often an automatic to spam and soft delete if not an automatic instant delete.

Sorry, just is.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 08-31-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
20 emails that go.... nowhere, except into a spam-box. I'm not saying DON'T do it, obviously do all you can; but don't think that doing ONLY this is sufficient, and you are done. More than likely, every email generated by any one of these sources, even your individual emails are treated as spam or as coming from an auto-bot spammer.

Calls, a real-world presence, and physical letters need to be written/typed and MAILED. Can that be ignored too? Sure, letters can go into a pile; but all mail is actually opened and handled; emails are often an automatic to spam and soft delete if not an automatic instant delete.

Sorry, just is.
It all has to do with the amount of effort it takes to send the communication. Showing up in person is at the top, although that is usually in the form of a lobbyist. Mailed letters are pretty high in the list. Automatically generated emails are at the very bottom. They might count them and pay attention if the numbers are very very large.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:51 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr1275 View Post
Your information is not displayed on the website.

Note that FPC emails, faxes, AND hand-delivers hard copies of your letters sent through http://DemandRights.org.

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleonard View Post
It all has to do with the amount of effort it takes to send the communication. Showing up in person is at the top, although that is usually in the form of a lobbyist. Mailed letters are pretty high in the list. Automatically generated emails are at the very bottom. They might count them and pay attention if the numbers are very very large.
"Showing up in person is at the top" - exactly. But we live in a state where it's a chore just to get gun owners to "show up in person" at polls during elections to vote. The virtual/cyber world has satiated the tendency for apathy among many gun owners, where online "polls" and emails have eclipsed the real thing.

We need to simultaneously remind people the virtual world is and will ONLY ever be exactly that and only as good as the mindset it might help usher in; yet it is still virtual, and the virtual individual experience of pandering to it is often that alone. Virtually nobody knows you are doing it except you. It's masturbation.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?

Last edited by The Gleam; 08-31-2013 at 11:17 AM..
Old 08-31-2013, 5:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Phone calls are still best.