Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Palmetto State Armory
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Banned

Default PSA's 14.7" Mid-length & Carbine

Does anyone know how PSA’s 14.7” mid-length upper performs compared to that of the carbine gas system? Is the mid-length under pressured when using weaker (steel cased) ammunition such as Wolf? This information would be of great help to me given that I cannot decide for the life of me which gas system I should go with. Any other feedback with these two configurations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Old 04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Vendor/Retailer

My personal mid-length rifle will not cycle cheap steel cased ammo (Tula/Wolf) using an H2 buffer. Seems to work fine with a carbine or H buffer, but your results may vary.

Interesting to note that I can shoot MFS steel cased without issue with an H2 buffer.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com
Old 04-02-2013, 6:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto State Armory View Post
My personal mid-length rifle will not cycle cheap steel cased ammo (Tula/Wolf) using an H2 buffer. Seems to work fine with a carbine or H buffer, but your results may vary.

Interesting to note that I can shoot MFS steel cased without issue with an H2 buffer.
I appreciate your input! Does the 'Premium Classic M4 Stock Kit' come with a carbine buffer? Just to clarity, when you say it wont cycle are you referring to it not locking back on empty or a different issue? Why would my results vary? Are you implying that not all PSA 14.7" mid-length upper's are identical? I apologize for being so detail oriented. I just want to be educated on this topic. Thank you!
Old 04-03-2013, 9:54 AM
Vendor/Retailer

That kit comes with a standard carbine buffer. Tula/Wolf will not cycle reliably with a heavier buffer in my rifle. I am sure you will have the same results as I do, but I don't want to guarantee that since cheaper ammo like Tula/Wolf can be inconsistent.

The only steel cased ammo I will shoot now is MFS as I haven't experienced an issue with it, and it's not as dirty.
Web Sales: 803.788.9095
socialmedia.info@palmettostatearmory.com