Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 03-24-2013, 4:32 PM
CGN Contributor

Default Spartan 00 buck shotgun shells

Has anyone tried the new(?) 12 gauge Spartan 2 3/4" 00 buck low brass shells?
Found them for sale at a few online retailers for $119.95-$129.95 for 250 rounds plus shipping. They are supposedly made by TulAmmo.
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Alexis de Tocqueville
Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

I know this is old thread. But I picked up a case of this from J&G sales this past weekend. 250round for 99$ + tax. (People were buying it like crazy)

Shot flawless in the pump.

But in my brand new 930spx I had about 3 FTE out of 1 box. Not sure if it was the gun due to being semi auto and brand new out of the box (heard the 930 is picky with ammo too) or me not shouldering it tight enough. But sometimes it ran fine, dump all 8 fast with no issues, and sometimes jammed up.

The spread was good. Stayed nice and tight even when I shot it at the side of a hill 100 yards away.

Worth it for the price of 00 buck now adays.

"I work, therefore I am."

Last edited by xxINKxx; 04-22-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM
CGN Contributor

@ xxINKxx, thanks for review!
I have both a Mossberg 9200 semi-auto (predecessor to the 930) and a pump Remington 877 NitroMagnum Tactical, hopefully one of them will like the shells.
"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
Alexis de Tocqueville
Old 04-22-2013, 1:18 PM

Is there any ballistic data on the packaging? I would be interested in that information.

-Eric
Old 04-22-2013, 1:50 PM
Veteran Member

Ill look. I don't think so. Its pretty basic packaging. Just says 9 balls, 70mm, 2 3/4". The package says the product number is SA 1200. Which maybe means Spartan Ammunition and maybe 1200fps? I couldn't tell the difference in recoil when i loaded both the spartan stuff and some winchester super x that's 1200fps.

"I work, therefore I am."