Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Veteran Member

Default Voting and Gun rights.

I find it interesting how much screaming their is from the political left about things like voter identification because requiring people to show ID before they vote may "disenfranchise" voters, yet the same people want all these restrictions on guns.

I guess to them, having the ability to vote is more important than having the ability to protect your life.

If you can't vote, you then may have elected officials you don't like.
If you can't defend yourself, then the end result is you could be dead.

Last time I heard, I thought all rights were supposed to be important, did I miss something?

Nicki
Old 03-24-2013, 4:58 AM

The definition of disenfranchised is a group who have lost powers and freedom, so we're pretty badly disenfranchised now in CA. Problem is, the majority doesn't care about our rights and think we SHOULD be stripped of them. It's truly unfortunate the wheels of justice move so slowly, as that's the only hope. Seems everybody cares about everyone else's rights except when it comes to 2A.
Old 03-24-2013, 5:48 AM
Banned

The voter ID thing is bogus.

If you can buy a house with your signature, you can vote behind your signature.

I always have to sign on the line when I vote.

The voter ID thing is about the only way the Republicans can win: they have to prevent Dem voters from voting.

Sorry to say it, but their ideology has been soundly rejected. Learn from mistakes or suffer the consequences of being voted out.

CDFingers
Old 03-24-2013, 5:53 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFingers View Post
You can buy a house with your signature after a credit check and making the down payment.
Old 03-24-2013, 5:57 AM
Banned

True. And getting the credit check and making the down payment does not in any way, shape, or form involve the .gov. Thus, the signature should be sufficient. Unless you want to disenfranchise folks who will vote Dem...

CDFingers
Old 03-24-2013, 6:06 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Private transactions have nothing to do with Constitutional rights.
I can pay cash for any item I want and walk away with it after the transaction takes place, no signature, no paper work, no fees or taxes paid.

OP people need to read the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution and vote accordingly.
Nehemiah 4:14 ...Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
This is a discussion forum, that's what happens on a discussion forum.
People talk, discuss, speculate and share information.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."~John Adams 1798
Old 03-24-2013, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Unless you want to disenfranchise folks who will vote Dem...
I just don't see how checking an ID is disenfranchising anyone. Who doesn't have SOME form of photo ID? Even people with no license have a state issued ID to cash checks, etc. You need an ID to do anything in this country -except vote.
Old 03-24-2013, 8:18 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
And that signature was acknowledged before a notary public, whose purpose was to verify ... ?

Reloading Clubs: SF, East Bay

Case Status: Peña v. Cid (Handgun Roster). SF v. 44Mag (Mag Parts Kits). Bauer v. Harris (DROS Fees). Davis v. LA (CCW policy). Jackson v. SF (Ammo/Storage). Teixeira (FFL Zoning). First Unitarian v. NSA (Privacy). Silvester (Waiting Period). Schoepf (DROS Delay). Haynie (AW ban). SFVPOA v. SF (10+ mag possession ban). Bear in Public: Drake (3CA); Moore (7CA); Richards, Peruta, McKay (9CA).
Old 03-24-2013, 8:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Your signature needs to be signed in front of a notary, who will check your government ID.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:26 AM

The Republicans should amend the background check bill to apply the same background check to all voters. If it's good for one civil right, it's good for the others as well. Would be a nice little poison pill to expose the hypocrisy.

NRA Lifetime Member

"I suspect that even time travelers are susceptible to the Colt .45"
Old 03-24-2013, 10:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki View Post
I find it interesting how much screaming their is from the political left about things like voter identification because requiring people to show ID before they vote may "disenfranchise" voters, yet the same people want all these restrictions on guns.

I guess to them, having the ability to vote is more important than having the ability to protect your life.

Last time I heard, I thought all rights were supposed to be important, did I miss something?

Nicki
They don't want voter ID because it might eliminate voters that would potentially vote for THEM.

IMO, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to verify your identity in our society.

-- John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
True. And getting the credit check and making the down payment does not in any way, shape, or form involve the .gov. Thus, the signature should be sufficient. Unless you want to disenfranchise folks who will vote Dem...
I guess the irony was lost on you...

IBTL
Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Hypocrisy:

Requiring law abiding tax paying citizens and veterans to register their firearms is a great idea - But requiring someone to prove they are a citizen before voting is racist.

The sooner you realize that the far-left is just as brainwashed, naive, ignorant, and delusional as the far-right - The better off you'll be.

Common sense and politics never meet.

And two truths are indisputable:

1). If some people have wealth with no compassion or charity in thier hearts - 99% chance they were given thier wealth through inheritance.

2). If some people have zero understanding of the dangerous debt levels required by an ever expanding government out of control spending (Not to mention loss of individual freedoms) - 99% chance they have never actually generated any tax revenue beyond minimum wage and/or have lived their entire lives as a sponge off the system or thier family.

It really is comical to debate "business ethics" with posers who have never met a payroll or risked anything of value to make it on thier own.

They assume because they have an opinion - It's worth something.

And most of the time - They are simply regurgitating opinions and rhetoric they "heard somewhere" without any actual basis in thier own experience or lives.

I draw a parallel to my own experience:

I've fired MBA's with great resumes and interview skills - For the lack of the work ethic required to bust your arse to succeed.

I've promoted GED's with virtually non-existent experience - AFTER they proved they could out perform others through sheer hard work and determination.

The far-left/far-right blow hards wouldn't last past thier first performance review -

They simply don't have the skills, drive, motivation, or dedication to make themselves successful for thier family's benefit.

They would rather be like the MBA's and blather on about how "great their ideas are"....

It really is pathetic posturing - Nothing more and nothing less.

At the end of the post/hour/day/month/year/decade/lifetime -

They have accomplished nothing - Contributed nothing - And are worth exactly nothing to our society.

Carry on...

Last edited by DannyInSoCal; 03-24-2013 at 11:04 AM..
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Calguns Addict

The credit checks, identification, and/or mortgage guidelines required to purchase property ARE ALL regulated under the far-left liberal useless legislation called the Frank/Dodd bill.

Another example of someone trying to regurgitate a worthless non-factual opinion -

Based on zero actual experience - On a topic they know nothing about.
Old 03-25-2013, 4:08 AM
Banned

DannyInSoCal can persuade us all that voter ID is needed by showing us examples of the voter fraud in California that such a law would address.

Now, to justify the huge cost of such a move, I'm sure he'll show us tens of thousands of examples here in California.

If he is unable to show the need for such a law, well, it's not needed.

Dive in. ;-)

CDFingers
Old 03-25-2013, 4:31 AM

The constitution does not give you the right to vote! It does however give you the right to own and carry a firearm.
Old 03-25-2013, 4:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

The voter ID thing is about the only way the Republicans can win: they have to prevent Dem voters from voting.

Sorry to say it, but their ideology has been soundly rejected. Learn from mistakes or suffer the consequences of being voted out.

CDFingers
Good God man. Have you ever bought a house?

The closing paperwork is all done by a Notary Public and you provide not only your identification, but a thumb print as well. Just another attempt by a Dem to cloud the issue with bad information.

Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
Old 03-25-2013, 5:18 AM

Quote:
It's more difficult for Dem voters to get an ID than Repub voters?
Old 03-25-2013, 5:57 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
It's more difficult for Dem voters to get an ID than Repub voters?
Do you have to be able to read to get a California ID?
Old 03-25-2013, 6:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarville View Post
Do you have to be able to read to get a California ID?
Bazinga.jpg
Old 03-25-2013, 6:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Nicki
Yup.

The only thing the Democratic Party cares about is growing its power base, like any other political organization.

The more bodies which vote D, the more power the party gets. Fairly simple calculus.

Now, how does one go about ensuring more D voters hit the polls then R?
By greasing the pathway to the polls for the Democrat voters. Demographically speaking, minorities favor Democrat issues and politicians; except many of them have felony records and/or are illegal immigrants.

If a requirement is initiated for ID to vote , most minorities will stay at home on election day, because if so much as one person in the household has warrants or is at risk for deportation the extended family won't risk exposing that person to a potential visit from police. If the address of a person cross matches with that of a known felon, game over for all parties involved.

Democrats would be devastated in the polls were such a requirement law, and they know it. Joe Illegal ain't gonna risk being sent back to Mexico just to vote, and neither will Slick Thug with his outstanding warrants.

"Disenfranchisement" is code for "our party can't win fair , so we must game the system -for your own good of course."

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

CDFingers
but i do! although it's not exactly my FIRST choice.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I guess to them, having the ability to vote the graveyard and cartoon characters is more important than having the ability to protect your life.
Fixed that for you.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Disappointed Life Member: California Rifle & Pistol Association
Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

CDFingers
I take it you've never bought or sold a house. Any notarized paperwork requires ID and most of the time a thumbprint.

Proud Life Member: National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment Foundation.

Disappointed Life Member: California Rifle & Pistol Association
Old 03-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
DannyInSoCal can persuade us all that voter ID is needed by showing us examples of the voter fraud in California that such a law would address.

Now, to justify the huge cost of such a move, I'm sure he'll show us tens of thousands of examples here in California.

Dive in. ;-)

CDFingers
Not picking on you CD, but I have heard this from the progressives too many times.

The people telling me we don't need voter ID because I can't show any large scale voter fraud are the same people telling me we need mandatory gun registration even though they can't show me a single example of a crime solved due to registry information.

-Ruskie
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed - where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-Hon. Alex Kozinski (Silvera v Lockyer, 2003)
Old 03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

CDFingers
You don't need to be a citizen to buy a house.....

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’
Old 03-26-2013, 5:05 AM

Aaaah !!! Another Progressive Liberal in sheeps clothing who has infiltrated and is making internal mayhem. Fingers you are so obvious its laughable!!!

I love the old fall back of the financial cost/burden of enacting a policy would be when it is something the Dems/Libs dont want. Lets look at a cpl others of the many many that can be easily and readily brought to light

1)the cost in time and money to updgrade our oil refining in America. It would be 10 years before we saw anything from it. How many decades has this been said and how many times could we have had it done by now and have gas prices well below where they are. but the high gas prices are Bush's fault I forgot
2)The cost in money and destroyed lives to deport illegal aliens and secure our borders. Too much to ever consider doing it. I mean the numbers are staggering right? It would probably cost something like 16TRILLION dollars!!!

and now CDFingers states the incredible financial burden that the poor tax payers would have to suffer in the process of verifying a voters ID . That might be how much Fingers? maybe somewhere around the amount we gave to those Syrian terrorist rebels who hate America? Maybe about the same amount in as all those guns we gave to the drug Cartels n Mexico?

Amazing how concerned the Progressive Libs are with tax payer burden and budgets when it goes against their agenda yet they dont have a problem with Congress not submitting/passing a budget for years though they are required by law to do so and they have no problem with over 16trillion in debt as long as it goes towards things such as "Free" health care and "Free" college tuition for Illegal Aliens .

I dont live in CA but in another state well on its way to becoming 100% Progressive Socialists. Massachusetts is right behind CA on so many fronts I like to watch CA progress down the road of destruction since we are next in line with Colorado right on our heels and it lets me know whats coming for us here . There are so many like you CDFigers here in Mass. I can root you out before you get 5 words out of your Socialist Liberal mouth.

The problem with the Republicans is they have lost their spines and think they have to become quasi-liberal semi-progressives to gain any votes. If they would get back to Conservative policies and stick to their "guns" so to speak instead of being Rhinos they would be shocked at how their voting base would swell.
Getting these little slimy 2 faced rats out of their little dark dank holes and into the light will be the first step to getting this country back on track.

And hey California, stop electing Hollywood personalities to run your state
Once the Star studded romance wears off what do you have left? A bankrupt state on the brink of a Cyprus style collapse.

Hows that for a rant ? CdFingers i can take apart any argument you can come up with so go ahead and resort to calling people racists next . Thats what they do here in Mass. the failsafe fall back is to get loud and obnoxious.

Voter ID? Hell Yes!!!!! Its time people start standing up and showing who they really are from the ground up dont you think CDFingers?
Old 03-26-2013, 7:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Nicki
I agree it does apply to guns but it also reverse applies to voting. By not being vigilant and taking reasonable steps to verify voter rolls and eligibility... they're disenfranchising those of us who have a right to vote... by diluting it with the fraudulent voters they are enabling... so their position crumbles even on the terrain it was presented on.

Last edited by sl0re10; 03-26-2013 at 7:15 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 7:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Dive in. ;-)

CDFingers
Your team does whatever it can to block government level attempts at investigation. We can't find it because you block us looking.

Still; there are examples. I've seen threads opened on two separate law blogs where the word went out 'everyone post any examples of voting fraud you've heard of' and the lists got rather big. Another reason, imo, we (the public) can't cite lists of examples are they don't get reported. Democrat reporters are just no more interested in this than they are in reporting on Benghazi or fast and furious.

Last edited by sl0re10; 03-26-2013 at 7:14 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 7:17 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You can buy a house with your signature after a credit check and making the down payment.
Agree. There is a substantial effort to verify you are who you say you are (citizen, signature, et cetera, aside).
Old 03-26-2013, 7:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbtruthful View Post
The problem with the Republicans is they have lost their spines and think they have to become quasi-liberal semi-progressives to gain any votes. If they would get back to Conservative policies and stick to their "guns" so to speak instead of being Rhinos they would be shocked at how their voting base would swell.
This is the only part of your post that I disagree with.

There's a reason the GOP nominated a RINO candidate in 2012; because the majority of voters in modern day America trend liberal.

That's a cold, hard truth to swallow, but its true nonetheless. The categories of people that are growing in population and voting power like the minorities, Latinos, and women vote Democrat for the most part, and population is what counts at the ballot box.

As it was, many people in the 2012 Election perceived Romney to be "too conservative". That should be setting off alarm bells. A statistical analysis found out that if America had the same composition of voters in 2012 as it did in 1980, Romney would have handily won.

Given demographic reality, the days of the GOP as a conservative party are numbered. Our future can be seen in the present situation overseas, where countries like England and others have a selection of socialist parties.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 03-26-2013, 7:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

CDFingers

Old 03-26-2013, 7:33 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuskieShooter View Post
Not picking on you CD, but I have heard this from the progressives too many times.

The people telling me we don't need voter ID because I can't show any large scale voter fraud are the same people telling me we need mandatory gun registration even though they can't show me a single example of a crime solved due to registry information.

-Ruskie
On the ultimate fail list was the last election when the dems brought in UN international voting observers since they were concerned about conservative attempts to disenfranchise voters by possibly harassing them by asking for ID.

Most of the observers came away perplexed at why we didn't require ID.
Old 03-26-2013, 7:34 AM
Veteran Member

This^^^Tankerman's Post

I would have to say that is one of the dumbest things I may have read here on calguns from CD...

just sayin.

You make no sense.

I do however agree that it should not and believe it to be illegal to cost money to exercise a right. Just like owning firearms, It shouldn't cost you the money of an ID card to be able to vote. There is no reason that people shouldn't be able to obtain proof of citizenship for FREE.
-Edmund Burke
I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it.
- Phil Dalmolin

The Battle of Athens was illegal too.
Old 03-26-2013, 7:39 AM
Banned

As I wrote, easily people can be persuaded to enact voter ID laws by showing all the tens of thousands of votes cast illegally. I guess DannyInSoCal was called back to a video game somewhere...

We must note that, despite some sincere rants of mere opinion, the facts have not yet been produced to justify the cost or even the implementation of such a plan.

Freedom is untidy.

CDFingers
Old 03-26-2013, 7:40 AM

Quote:
And I still had to show my driver's license...
Old 03-26-2013, 8:15 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
As I wrote, easily people can be persuaded to enact voter ID laws by showing all the tens of thousands of votes cast illegally. I guess DannyInSoCal was called back to a video game somewhere...

We must note that, despite some sincere rants of mere opinion, the facts have not yet been produced to justify the cost or even the implementation of such a plan.

Freedom is untidy.

CDFingers
"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government that requires every citizen to prove they are (health) insured... But not everyone must prove they are a citizen." --Ben Stein

Old 03-26-2013, 8:16 AM
Banned

Still no numbers.

See how it works?

Believe anything you want, but to get things done, you need facts.

CDFingers
Old 03-26-2013, 8:24 AM
Veteran Member

So CDFingers...tell us how many houses did you buy so far solely with your signature, no ID required?

Old 03-26-2013, 8:37 AM
Banned

It's been 21 years since we bought this house so I don't remember, but the house question is irrelevant due to no constitutional mention of home ownership.

See? You gotta have solid back up. Folks may want voter ID because some sweaty pundit said that brown people would fake out the registration process. But those sweaty pundits cannot show any solid numbers.

Why is it that it's mostly Republicans calling for Voter ID?

I would suggest that to run a republic properly, the more voters, the better. I am not surprised that most Republicans disagree with me on that point...

CDFingers