Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-23-2013, 3:51 PM

Default Visalia, CA Gun show today. Anyone go?

How was it?
Ammo availability and pricing?
thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 8:01 PM

Its not this weekend, next weekend
Old 03-24-2013, 6:11 AM

Thanks! I might be able to make it then.
Old 03-30-2013, 5:08 AM

Anyone there right now? I know it opens today at 9am. If so how long is the line
Old 03-30-2013, 9:17 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steevo View Post
Anyone there right now? I know it opens today at 9am. If so how long is the line
Maybe it was because it was packed, but i didn't see many guns there. Didn't see many booths of local shops, mainly ammo and parts. plenty of ammo tho prices were a little high. Shouldn't take terribly long to get in.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 AM

I am here right now. Outside line was quick but ammo line is long. Not much else here, looks more like a swap meet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

What are the sr25 10 round mag prices ??
Old 03-30-2013, 12:20 PM

how much is a churro?
Old 03-30-2013, 12:29 PM

I went for the gator jerky...everyone else went for ammo.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-30-2013, 1:53 PM

Waste of time and admissions fee ($12). Ammo line was long and people appeared to be buying small amounts as prices (they said) we on the high side (surprise). Saw only two booths (!) with guns and one had nothing but beaters selling for astronomical prices ("Russian" SKS for $1,000) and a guy with (count 'em) 5 handguns at good prices. Otherwise, as stated above, this was a trashy swap meet. Lots of jerky, cheaply made bags and knives, etc. Some brand name stuff but at fairly high prices. I'm sure that the local shops didn't attend because they don't need to. My wife goes to the gym every day and says there is always a line of customers waiting to get into the Visalia PRK Firearms store next door when it opens. Why should they pay for a booth when the customers are beating down the door?
Old 03-30-2013, 3:21 PM

Hardly any guns overpriced everything. i didnt need ammo so im glad i didnt have to wait in the huge line. I went to pick up reloading supplies and they didnt have any that i could see. I picked up some jerky which was awesome and a few misc items. I prefer the central coast gun shows and probably wont be back to the rocky mountain ones ever again.
Old 03-30-2013, 4:35 PM

I was in desperate need of ammo for my new .40 S&W I am picking up on Monday so I stood in the ammo line there for 6 hrs to get 1 box of carry ammo and a brick of 500 rds of ball ammo.
Old 03-31-2013, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydg13 View Post
I was in desperate need of ammo for my new .40 S&W I am picking up on Monday so I stood in the ammo line there for 6 hrs to get 1 box of carry ammo and a brick of 500 rds of ball ammo.
Well, it's "desperation" like yours that will continue to perpetuate the ammo drought we all are experiencing.
Old 03-31-2013, 7:56 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepamjohn View Post
Well, it's "desperation" like yours that will continue to perpetuate the ammo drought we all are experiencing.
If you have none and you need some you will wait in long lines for hours. If you shoot regularly and had 10,000 rounds of each caliber at the start of the year, you did not have enough ammo

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 04-03-2013, 5:37 PM

That show sucked. It was more of a accessory gun show. Prices were outrageous for ammo and mags. My dad and I saw the ammo line and walked away.

No doubt the Fresno show won't be any better.
Old 04-03-2013, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
If you have none and you need some you will wait in long lines for hours. If you shoot regularly and had 10,000 rounds of each caliber at the start of the year, you did not have enough ammo
That's my thought, or will not soon enough. If things don't get better. Now take the Tax legislation being pushed, it's probably going to bad for some time.
Old 04-03-2013, 9:15 PM
Calguns Addict

Gun shows in Ca arent very good.
Old 04-03-2013, 9:17 PM

I attended the Bakersfield Gun Show in January and it was Chaos...I waited 2.5 hours in line just to get in and by the time I got in...there was little to no ammo...Guns prices were ridiculous and ammo and mags weren't cheap either...Guess we just have to weather the storm or be F***ED by all these new stupid Bills that they are trying to pass.
Old 04-09-2013, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
So how bad do you really "Need Some" ammo these days? I didn't have 10K of ammo before all this craziness started and never will. I don't believe in wrapping up a ton of money in something I will use once in a while. I also don't shoot all that much and can occupy my time easily with other non gun realted things to do, but that's just me. There is no way I will ever pay the "gouge" prices many "brothers in arms" are charging these days. If ammo prices stay as they are I will rethink my shooting hobby and possibly sell off the guns I don't shoot. My bet is come summer time most of these hoarders will be begging buyers to just get their money back for ammo since they have over extended themselves.

Last edited by joepamjohn; 04-09-2013 at 8:19 PM..
Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM

Thumbs up You're welcome to your opinion, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepamjohn View Post
to clarify. I had just obtained a new gun in a caliber I did not previously have and needed the ammo to familiarize myself with the weapon before I took it to an official qualification so I can carry it.

THAT was my desperation. I am not a hoarder, nor do I purchase ammo to stockpile or cause the "shelves to be empty" so others can have a chance to get theirs as well.

I agree with the other comments about this show, not much reason to be there OTHER than to wait for ammo and if I didn't absolutely NEED it and could find it available elsewhere, I would not have stood in line at all.