Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disintelligentsia View Post
The libs have been indoctrinating the minds of our young for more than a generation. We need to be reaching the minds of the young through school. We must enact educational standards in states controlled by conservative legislatures that teach children about our constitutional freedoms and about the founders' intent that the federal government should be a government of limited enumerated powers. It may be made difficult because of liberal unions like the NEA, but it can be done.
Could not have say it any better my self!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:58 AM

My high school had a rifle range underneath the cafeteria when I attended. I got class credit to shoot .22 rifles
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 PM

Absolutely not. Because then we will teach our kids how to kill using an assault weapon. Remember, with an assault weapon, all you have to do is pull the trigger and it goes blup blup blup.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brien View Post
No way! School Districts are already cutting sports programs, arts, drivers ed, etc. Not to mention the incredible cost of liability insurance if they could even get coverage.
You are correct that there has been a lot programs that were eliminated due to the state budget situation. Program such as drivers ed, car repair, etc. But after all these so-call unnecessary programs were eliminated, our high school graduate still can't read and do math any better than before. Perhaps we should bring those programs back to at least teach those kids something useful in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brien View Post
I think learning a firearm should be done by the parent, like sex ed. The last thing I want is my child learning about guns in an immature environment with kids making jokes. It should be taken very seriously.
No one is suggesting handing couple of rifles to kids and have them go at it. A rifle is no more dangerous than, say a table saw, if kids are tough how to use it correctly.

B
Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Calguns Addict

If the government is going to require firearms training in order to possess or carry a firearm, this is where it should be occurring - in school.

This idea that they will teach you all kinds of useless garbage but you are on your own to pay for training related to a fundamental right - is crazy.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleCuss View Post
If the government is going to require firearms training in order to possess or carry a firearm, this is where it should be occurring - in school.

This idea that they will teach you all kinds of useless garbage but you are on your own to pay for training related to a fundamental right - is crazy.
I honestly would have a small bit amount of opposition to using real ammunition in conjunction with a firearm when teaching high school students firearm training, especially 30 or so kids at once. I see how it could be a beneficially good idea, but I also see how it could go very, very wrong. Take for instance (and I don't mean to bring race into this--I'm not a racist--however, there's bad groups in every bunch) the minorities (as well as majorities) who are gang-affiliated; that could pose a serious problem. They could steal a gun, and use it in a crime, or even worse, a school shooting. That would not only make us pro-2A's look bad, but it could also create more gun restriction laws. On the flip-side, as far as school shootings go, I think that the problem could be easily be resolved by arming trained teachers and administration with firearms--and arming people with firearms in general.

Last edited by QWi; 03-24-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWi View Post
I honestly would have a small bit amount of opposition to using real ammunition in conjunction with a firearm when teaching high school students firearm training, especially 30 or so kids at once.
Of course, there are certain detail to be work out. But until the anti-2A gets their way to require ID ans finger print to buy even .22LR, this would be a moot point. Considering high school kids can easily obtain the ammunition from any stores.

Now, let's talk about the possibility of kids actually stealing a fully functioning rifle. I would venture out and say if any school can't manage to keep students from stealing something as large as a functioning rifle, they probably should be shutdown anyway. No point of wasting tax dollars on such poorly run institution.

B