Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-23-2013, 1:47 AM

Default Anti 2a author

http://news.yahoo.com/national-gun-f...050024304.html

I would LOVE for EVERY Calguner reading this to take the time and write this narrow minded author an email about guns rights and her ignorance. Perhaps we should attack her freedom to free speech as she attacks the 2a!

cynthia@cynthiatucker.com
Old 03-23-2013, 3:27 AM

She is getting slammed in the comments section:

Quote:
*Tucker.....if you want to live in a country with guns owned only by the
government, there are plenty of them.....and planes leaving airports every
day.......BYE.

*I tried to read the article , but all I could make out was BLAH BLAH BLAH !

*Tucker, a Pulitzer Prize winner. Surely not for accuracy in her reporting.
Surely not for her reasoned logic. Surely not for anything except her rabid
mindless passion for an agenda that threatens our entire Bill of Rights.

*For a few seconds I thought this was a news article rather than an opinion
piece, but it didn't take long for Ms. Tucker to display her bias.
She ignores the defensive use of firearms every year.

Her "article" is nothing but Emotional based nonsense.

Noble
Old 03-23-2013, 3:58 AM

Almost makes me want to wish for China and Russia to invade the U.S., Red dawn-style. That's probably the only thing that will make people like these realize why we really need our guns and the 2A.
Old 03-23-2013, 6:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th View Post
Almost makes me want to wish for China and Russia to invade the U.S., Red dawn-style. That's probably the only thing that will make people like these realize why we really need our guns and the 2A.
We live in California, a nice fat earthquake that shuts down EMS as the entire costal side of the state shifts 5 feet north, and people will see why being able to defend your home is important.

OH but that only happens to people with hurricanes, wait I'm sorry.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 AM

I'm sure that the powers that be at UGA would not be happy to know they have hired an idiot and liar.

If you are an American who is not subject to the UCMJ, then you are a civilian. It is disrespectful to our military members to claim otherwise.

Demanding that LEOs be held to a high standard of professional conduct is a show of respect for the LE profession. Let's all be respectful.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 PM

Weird seems the majority of comments are blocked by administrator
Old 03-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Guess yahoo plastering up the " WHY I HATE GEORGE BUSH" article was getting old, had to come up with something new.
Old 03-23-2013, 1:02 PM

Same ol crap from boohoo news.

Old 03-23-2013, 2:52 PM

I never waste my time trying to tell an anti they are wrong or why. Like putting lipstick on a pig.
Old 03-24-2013, 5:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
I never waste my time trying to tell an anti they are wrong or why. Like putting lipstick on a pig.
Yes. Or as I see it: sending the Spanish Inquisition a letter pleading for religious tolerance. the only thing that would accomplish is to get your name on their list to grab next.

Not wasting any more time and energy tilting, Don Quixote-like, on a regulatory problem that, constitutionally, should not even exist in a free state.
I cannot change the world unlike my hero Samuel Adams—but I can change my place in it.
Gone fishin' for now and soon gone from California.
Old 03-24-2013, 7:44 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Once again, anti-gunner using emotional, sensational words as "innocents" to mislead the reader. Lanza's bushmaster didn't kill those children...

A derange, insane individual who should have never had access to firearms killed those children. His mother so irresponsible to not have seen her child posed a danger. People kill people.

As many of posted on there threads, Americans are slowly realizing that all these un-Constitutional legislation isn't but a power grab from Democrats and Liberals. Too bad states such as: California & Colorado have voted politicians who would burn the Constitution to progress their agendas.

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 03-24-2013, 8:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Once again, anti-gunner using emotional, sensational words as "innocents" to mislead the reader.
Maybe we should start referring to ourselves (law abiding gun owners) as innocents.
Old 03-24-2013, 8:32 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0123 View Post
Maybe we should start referring to ourselves (law abiding gun owners) as innocents.
Democrats & Liberals have a dictionary.. they will just use a different word. As they, pretty much, have their version of The Constitution... one that is missing the 2nd Amendment!!

Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 03-24-2013, 9:45 PM

done. didn't really address difference of opinion as that is inevitable amongst people.

did express concern for the simplicity of thoughts and lack of critical examination/thinking in the article. also addressed how the author's beliefs could only stem from irresponsibility as a writing in writing about something one has no understanding of or experience with - any half educated person would be able to come up with or make any of the things the author complained about in their article.

also how many people actually read yahoo news? im pretty sure there is a reason it has so little prestige and credibility these days...
Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
As they, pretty much, have their version of The Constitution... one that is missing the 2nd Amendment!!
Pretty sure their version is a piece of paper with the words "It is good to be King."
Old 03-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

arguing with mongoloids like her is a complete waste of bandwidth. she's not a politician who can be swayed by voter outrage, she's a spin doctor for our enemies. she needs to be discredited in print.
Old 03-25-2013, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
arguing with mongoloids like her is a complete waste of bandwidth. she's not a politician who can be swayed by voter outrage, she's a spin doctor for our enemies. she needs to be discredited in print.
If she gets fired over this pack of lies, I'm sure she'll feel it. Call UGA.

If you are an American who is not subject to the UCMJ, then you are a civilian. It is disrespectful to our military members to claim otherwise.

Demanding that LEOs be held to a high standard of professional conduct is a show of respect for the LE profession. Let's all be respectful.
Old 03-25-2013, 6:00 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin0123 View Post
Pretty sure their version is a piece of paper with the words "It is good to be King."
Kinda reminds me of the movie "History of the World, Part I"..

Bishop jumps the Queen..

Rook jumps the Queen..

EVERYONE jumps the Queen..

"It's good to be the King!"

Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 03-25-2013, 6:07 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Natural disaster, economic collapse, terrorism....so many possible scenarios that justify an uninhibited 2A. People like this writer would be wandering around in the rubble trying to find a cell signal and a taxi.
Old 03-25-2013, 7:33 PM

here is my email to her,

Quote:
I read your story and surprised of how ignorant you sound. There is no difference between an AR-15 and a Ruger 10/22 rifle. An “assault weapon” is a fully automatic machine gun use in war situations and on the battlefield. You obviously do not know the difference between a full auto and a semi auto gun at all. A semi auto is 1 bullet will travel down the barrel of the firearm with ever pull of the trigger.

You also have no idea what you are talking about. You think that making gun laws tighter on law abiding citizens is going to stop any crime at all? Criminals like Lanza and the others you had mentioned are just like every gang banger on the street. If they want to get a gun they are going to get a gun regardless of the laws. They do not care about laws, that’s why they are called criminals. Adam Lanza’s mother did not shoot anyone. If fact she was shot by her own son and the weapons were stolen from her home and used to commit a crime. By banning any fire arm you will not hurt the criminals that do these terrible acts against other people, you will just hurt the people that need to defend then selves against these criminals. You also might think that the VP Biden’s idea about using a shotgun is a grand idea, especially for women. If you have ever gone out to shoot a 12 ga shotgun you will no longer have that opinion. My wife can shoot 1 or 2 rounds before the recoil from the 12 ga will knock her flat on her back. If this happened with an intruder that was trying to rape her or even kill her in our home she would be dead. She prefers to use our AR-15 because its easy to aim and control and she is able to handle the weapon without any problem. Every one of you people that writes and talks all this nonsense thinking that you are right have never shot a gun in your life much less the guns that you are trying to ban.

Interesting fact: all of these people that you mentioned in this article are registered Democrats and Liberals.

The first assault weapons ban did nothing to stop any kind of crime at all. This is because the people that use these weapons to kill other people are criminals, not law abiding citizens. You keep saying, “how bad will thing need to get before something is done about fire arms. Let me tell you something. If law abiding citizens were not armed, there would be a lot more deaths and murders in this country. Law abiding citizens defend themselves every minute of every day in this country. You do not see the statistics on them because 90% of them are not reported to the police. There is no sense reporting a crime that never happened.

Our fore fathers were all revolutionaries. You should read the constitution and the bill of rights before you ever make any other statements like you have done here and find out why we have rights like the second amendment. This right is not for hunting, going to the range, sport shooting or any of that other nonsense. We have to have a way of defending ourselves against our own government. Now people like you say that there are plenty of other countries that have ban guns and come up with all these thing. In Mexico it is against the law for a citizen to own a firearm. Mexico has disarmed the entire country, at least for all the people that give a rats *** about the laws. There are more deaths in MX in a month than there is here in a year. That is because the Cartels are criminals and do not care about the laws and would rather the people they are killing did not have any way to fight back, great idea isn’t it. The states and cities that have the least amount of gun violence are the same states and cities that have the least amout of gun control. Go figure.

“But banning at least some assault-type weapons and the high-capacity magazines that feed them would be a step in the right direction. Why can't we take that step?”
Here is the problem with this statement. First any weapon or object that used to assault another can be considered and assault weapon. If someone beats someone to death with a dirty diaper the diaper is now an assault weapon. There are more people that are killed every day from people like yourself talking on the phone while driving than people die from gunshot wounds. That includes police shootings, gang warfare, warfare, people defending their homes and their families, accidental shootings etc put together. BUT you don’t say we should lock these people up or ban cars “because it was an accident”. That is a bunch of bull. There are more people murdered every year that are killed by kitchen knives that with the above. The bottom line here is, if someone has it in their mind that they want to kill someone or multiple people they are going to find a way to do it. There weapon of choice in most cases is with a car of some sort. NO a gun. Guns are used by law abiding citizens for defensive purposes, not crime. Guns are used by criminals to inflict pain and fear on to people that do not have guns and are unable to fight back. When are you people going to figure that out. If your child was being threatened by some criminal that broke into your home with an AK and all you could do is call the cops it would be too late. If you had a firearm like an AR-15 to level the playing field the incident would never have happened or at least you would be alive when the police got there.

But many law enforcement officials nevertheless supported it, declaring that it helped. It didn't end gun violence or stop mass murders or prevent suicides (which account for two-thirds of gun deaths in this country). But it prevented some killings. Isn't that worthwhile?
Law enforcement are some of the worst offenders when it comes to killing innocent people. They shoot unarmed people all the time. They, along with criminals do not want people to be armed. If people were armed there would be a lot more cops in jail. Police officers do not want there to be any firearms in anyone’s homes so that they can do whatever they want without warrants or cause and they do not want people revolting for them shooting an unarmed child. AND no it did not prevent ANY killings because the people that used the firearms should not have had them to begin with.

The way you prevent people from killing other people is to enforce the laws we currently have. Did you know that if a citizen is caught with a concealed firearm that belongs to them without a license to carry it’s a felony while is a criminal that is carrying a loaded gun that is stolen it’s a misdemeanor. In most cases the criminal has drugs or has a warrant and the possession charges for the gun are dropped. WTF is that? Felons and criminals also know that they are not supposed to have a gun, they do and they don’t care because they are criminals. Criminals are not going to talk to themselves and say we cannot rob this bank because we have a 20 round magazine and its illegal to have one. They want to instill fear on others that cannot defend themselves.

“If dead innocents -- their bodies ripped apart by bullets from an assault weapon -- couldn't persuade Congress to ban at least some of those firearms and the high-capacity magazines that feed them, the cause is lost. So is our common sense.”

If you load a gun and sit it on a table even with a Hi-capo magazine, the gun will never shoot itself. The gun needs the wisdom of a criminal to murder another person.
Did you know that in the 18th century Americans were permitted to own cannons?

If you have ever seen what a shotgun will do to flesh you would not be spilling all this nonsense. ONE blast from a shotgun has multiple projectiles with one pull of the trigger and are very quick to reload. An AR-15 has a bullet that is under a Ľ inch in size and does not do a whole lot of damage compared to other things like a Bowie knife or a car, or an ax or maybe a chainsaw.

Please write a story on the truth.

Crime is performed by criminals not guns.

P.S. All of these laws that you think are so great and these politicians are so wonderful for trying to ban firearms etc, remember that all of them are protected 24/7 by the same firearms they are trying to ban and the law will not apply to them. DiFi carries a gun that hold 13 rounds, not 10 or 6.

Do some research instead of just believing what a politician tells you. Politicians will always lie to protect their own agenda. If we were not armed they would have complete control and we would contently be under attack. The only thing that is stopping other countries from attacking us on our soil is the fact that most Americans ARE armed. Just remember that point and give it some serious thought. We have over 300,000,000 people in this country and more than ˝ of them own a gun while only about a tenth of them will ever admit to it.
Old 03-25-2013, 8:02 PM
Veteran Member

^ good for you.
Old 03-25-2013, 8:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post
I Like putting lipstick on a pig.
Really?!! and why is that?

I have never heard anyone except Bill refer to Hilary as a a pig w/ lipstick.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 PM

This is what I sent

Hello Cynthia I recently read your article about gun control issues in America.
While I cannot agree with much you had to say I would wholeheartedly agree with your right to publish your views.
In fact I believe in gun rights and I would have to say that most of us who do believe in gun rights would have the same opinion as I do.
In fact the reason you have been able to give your view has something to do with your constitutional rights to free speech.
But did you ever wonder why our founding fathers wrote in the 2nd amendment.
Our founding Fathers were very bright people, they knew that someday there may come a time when out government will try to weaken or deny our citizens their rights and freedoms which our forefathers fought and died for.
It is for that reason the founders of our constitution framed the 2nd Amendment and that was so that the people of this nation could defend their rights and liberties should our government grow so bold as to deny it's citizens of their constitutionally guaranteed rights.
You and many may argue that no one needs access to military style weapons or to standard capacity magazines, but I must disagree with this as the weapons of the day when the constitution was framed were muzzle loading single shot muskets and rifles these were the state of the art weapons of their day and what our government supplied to our troops at the time.
I and many others believe that our founding fathers would have done no less than they did if their government led troops had access to today's modern weapons
You may notice in the 2nd amendment it does not state anywhere that the right to keep and bear arms was a necessity, but rather a right.
Like it or not the 2nd amendment protects your right to free speech.
The 2nd amendment was created to protect all the other rights guaranteed to the people of the United States granted to them from our Constitution.
If you wish to impede the 2nd amendment or weaken it then you are attacking the Constitution of the United States of America.
If you succeed in degrading or terminating the 2nd amendment which of the other amendments do you feel will fall, maybe free speech or the right to assembly ,or religion?
Where will your protections come from?
A simple "Trust me" is not good enough for me.
Remember we already have guarantees it is called the Constitutional the Bill of Rights
Old 03-26-2013, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyhabts26 View Post
Remember we already have guarantees it is called the Constitutional the Bill of Rights
ooh ra!!!