Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-23-2013, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbrown View Post
No, against the slow, suffocating march of "progressivism" and the endless flow of new restrictions that come with it, there has historically been only one solution that has ever worked: violent revolution. And that won't work because the government has all the guns that really matter (not to mention bombs, missiles, planes, drones, satellite surveillance, etc.).
Funny how goat herders and farmers in the Middle East are standing up to these weapons for an idea that they believe in. Should we not stand up for what we believe in just because we are "outgunned"?
Old 03-23-2013, 9:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg36f View Post
[/B]

You mean the incident that was condemned nationwide and caused numerous laws to be passed preventing another occurrence. You mean the confiscation that was repeated over and over nationwide…..Oh, that’s right, it was not repeated.

That incident that stands out as a widely recognized stain on liberty. If that is what you are basing your fear of “they are coming to get me” paranoia, you probably need to look somewhere else.

No one is coming to get your guns.

Yeah, they are going to try to pass laws restricting your rights; and we will fight back and win some and lose some. A balance will be found and everyone will either be angry or happy. That's how it works.

Some people in this nation want ALL guns to be taken and destroyed. Some people in this nation want to be able to own tactical nuclear weapons in case the government comes to get you.

A balance will be found. That's how the founders set it up; like it or not.

All this Chicken Little crap serves no purpose.
Dude you hafta be kidding-
They are already using pretexts to confiscate guns right now,
any kinds of so called mental illness, depression, a fight with your wife, safety, etc.,
they are proposing legislation right now in sacto that sets the stage to make you a criminal for owning certain guns,
to give police the power to show up at your door without a warrant and search your house for guns-what more do you and people like you need to see???
Even Sheriffs across the country are standing up and refusing to enforce these proposed laws, this is an incredible event

sunaj

Last edited by sunaj; 03-23-2013 at 9:44 PM..
Old 03-23-2013, 9:35 PM

If you're that worried about someone taking your AR buy a second one and take that as well as an extra parts kit, cleaning kit, some magazines, a set of load bearing equipment, and about 1,000 rounds and go bury it somewhere.

Last edited by Mojaveman; 03-23-2013 at 9:51 PM..
Old 03-23-2013, 9:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by el chivo View Post
I think you are better off to live and resist in other ways if this does happen. To die in a blaze of glory may sound good but it just gives them justification that gun owners are anti-government and violent and all need to be "taken out". The thing that brought the Soviet Union down was passive-aggressive resistance, covert not overt.
I guess the two things you missed:

1.) This isn't the Soviet Union.
2.) If they (our leaders) belive we would rather go out in a blaze of glory they will be less likely to commit to an action because conversely we could point out that if they had not attempted to disarm us by force there would have been no blood shed.

This isn't a call to immediate action, this is a great article informing us of one fact. You need to prepare yourself, mentally for what might be in store for us, it may not be tomorrow or the next day but it CAN happen.

As long as you are prepared for the possibility that grabbers may come door to door, you are afforded the ability to prepare a greeting for them, whether it be welcoming them in and handing your future generations freedom over, or laying down suppressive fire while your family members pick them off one at a time.

So if you want to try and fight off current political leaders, who are directly challenging our constitutional rights on a daily basis with some good old fashioned passive aggressiveness you do that. That's your right, Me and mine will continue to clean and lubricate our peace makers.

V.

P.S come for my guns I F****** dare you
Old 03-23-2013, 9:53 PM

Quote:
[/B]

You mean the incident that was condemned nationwide and caused numerous laws to be passed preventing another occurrence. You mean the confiscation that was repeated over and over nationwide…..Oh, that’s right, it was not repeated.

That incident that stands out as a widely recognized stain on liberty. If that is what you are basing your fear of “they are coming to get me” paranoia, you probably need to look somewhere else.

Yeah, they are going to try to pass laws restricting your rights; and we will fight back and win some and lose some. A balance will be found and everyone will either be angry or happy. That's how it works.

Some people in this nation want ALL guns to be taken and destroyed. Some people in this nation want to be able to own tactical nuclear weapons in case the government comes to get you.

Swinestein is.
Obama is.
Biden is.

Biden was on KPRI the other day and during the interview he admitted that the AWB is not likely to pass right now. But he also made sure he did not admit defeat and openly and proudly declared:

"we will keep pushing for it"
"we may not get it this year, or the next, but we will push until we do"

Then again he also said:

"I believe the people want to see the AWB passed."
"I believe the people agree with me, that assault weapons and high capacity clips should be banned"

I guess he forgot that it's not his job to make "The People" agree with him. It's his job to agree with "The People" and make sure that the will of "The People" is enforced.

Your 1st amendment right prohibits me from telling you what to do and say and how to respond, but I offer some constructive criticism.

Don't jump to conclusions and snap at someone that they are "over the top" or paranoid because they firmly believe that our current leadership has a gun grabbing agenda. You nor I personally know the agenda when it comes to firearms but based on VP Bidens statements last week , and the fact that Swinestein has been trying to shove an AWB down our throats since the first one expired that the possibility of a gun grabbing agenda really does exist and I will prepare myself to respond in the way that I feel is needed. Much in the same way that you will make your own determination and respond how you feel is needed.

That being said let's be less critical of others "paranoia" and try and get on the same page, Page 1 (Protecting current and future generations freedoms)

V.

P.S come for my guns I F****** dare you
Old 03-23-2013, 10:03 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentmouse View Post
Swinestein is.
Obama is.
Biden is.

Biden was on KPRI the other day and during the interview he admitted that the AWB is not likely to pass right now. But he also made sure he did not admit defeat and openly and proudly declared:

"we will keep pushing for it"
"we may not get it this year, or the next, but we will push until we do"

Then again he also said:

"I believe the people want to see the AWB passed."
"I believe the people agree with me, that assault weapons and high capacity clips should be banned"

I guess he forgot that it's not his job to make "The People" agree with him. It's his job to agree with "The People" and make sure that the will of "The People" is enforced.

Your 1st amendment right prohibits me from telling you what to do and say and how to respond, but I offer some constructive criticism.

Don't jump to conclusions and snap at someone that they are "over the top" or paranoid because they firmly believe that our current leadership has a gun grabbing agenda. You nor I personally know the agenda when it comes to firearms but based on VP Bidens statements last week , and the fact that Swinestein has been trying to shove an AWB down our throats since the first one expired that the possibility of a gun grabbing agenda really does exist and I will prepare myself to respond in the way that I feel is needed. Much in the same way that you will make your own determination and respond how you feel is needed.

That being said let's be less critical of others "paranoia" and try and get on the same page, Page 1 (Protecting current and future generations freedoms)

V.
I heard part of that Biden interview too. Sickening. One thing that stands out, as it always has, is Biden's lack of knowledge of the very firearms he intends to outlaw. He basically says "Guns are bad", paints in broad strokes as to the effectiveness of their proposed bans, and millions of sheeple go along with what he says.
I was shouting at the radio.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
[/B]

When it comes to firearms, I don't have one iota of trust for what the government will or will not do, regardless of condemnation of previous Constitutional rights violations or passing of new laws to prevent it from occurring again.

Too many people are buying into the mentality of "for the greater good" when it comes to violation of rights, especially regarding guns.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
[/B]

You are attempting to use logic in a logic free zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Watch come Wednesday. It's going to be a landslide. Forget the polls, look at the census data, trump screwed up. Tell you what though if trump had made peace with woman and hispancis he could have pulled this off. But he kept at em. Just couldn't shut up.
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 03-23-2013, 11:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornElessar86 View Post
Read a book. The militia did not fire anything resembling an "opening shot".

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
Wrong Aragorn
The Militia fired the opening shots of the revolution. All the initial rounds were a police action by a sovereign monarchy. There was in fact no revolution until there was armed resistance to tyranny.
What will you be clutching when they shut of your MB886 and kick in your door?
Old 03-23-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentmouse View Post

I disagree. Because we are a republic, we give power to our elected leaders to act in our interests. If they do a bad job, we vote them out. If they violate the law, congress can impeach them, not us.
Old 03-24-2013, 2:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yeah, either get in lock step with the vocal few here or go away!!!!!
I think "the vocal few" is a poor choice of words and inaccurate. But ya, we don't need any more ***** stirrers.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 2:32 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometa View Post
This is how it works.

The best resistance you can fight with is convincing people around you to support 2nd amendment rights, so the tide slowly turns back the other direction.

Say in an alternate universe, Brown signs a sweeping ban and directs agents to go collect. Armed officers of the law are at your door and have a seizure order for one or more of your guns. What do you do? You could:

1. Stall by claiming you don't have it. This will likely result in a future search warrant but buy you time.

2. Give up the gun and then file a lawsuit. You will probably lose the firearm forever, but may get to be party of one of the greatest Supreme Court decisions ever.

Or 3. Resist openly and open fire. Say you are a great shot and kill both agents. Now you are a murderer, and will very quickly be branded a Timothy McVeigh type terrorist and used as a talking point about why the law was needed in the first place. You will spend the rest of your life behind bars or as a fugitive. If you are unlucky, the agent might kill you first, and you'll be a now dead political talking point.

3 is a crappy option. Literal lone gunmen never bring about positive social change, just over reactions
You forgot a couple of options. One is to just give them the damn gun; I'll make you another one. And if you cant figure out the other, I'm not going to tell you.

(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 2:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
[/B]

You are missing the point. The point is not that they backed off. The point is that there are plenty of politicians, officials, and enforcement personnel in this country who have absolutely no moral or ethical compunction about crapping the Constitution!

(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 3:05 AM

It's the politicians more than anything else. The second amendment bashers. You know, those who we have so much admiration for. The puppet masters pulling the strings...

DiFi, Mao, Stalin...

Last edited by kimber_ss; 03-24-2013 at 3:11 AM..
Old 03-24-2013, 3:06 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometa View Post
I disagree. Because we are a republic, we give power to our elected leaders to act in our interests. If they do a bad job, we vote them out. If they violate the law, congress can impeach them, not us.
We are a representative republic. That means elected officials are supposed to represent their constituents.

(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
We are a representative republic. That means elected officials are supposed to represent their constituents.
Exactly...the big money donors who are their constituents. Welcome to the corpocracy.
Old 03-24-2013, 6:29 AM

Quote:
You forgot a couple of options. One is to just give them the damn gun; I'll make you another one. And if you cant figure out the other, I'm not going to tell you.
Back to the mainpoint here and the bottom line is just make sure when they come for your guns they are not there. Or at least where they can't be found. Keep in mind they have sonar equipment that can detect items in the ground or in walls and if they think you have a cache and they want to find it, they will have such devices. Also keep in mind, to fight tyrants you want explosives and a knowledge of electronics. For guns, I've made provision for them outside of my residence. They cannot be found by any method they have. That includes aerial surveillance (keep that in mind too-you can be watched from long distances on the ground and above). But I firmly believe, there will be no gun grab like Britain or Australia in my lifetime so I'm spending my efforts staying tight with other gun owners and donating to progun orgs and writing to progun legislators.
Old 03-24-2013, 8:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Nothing new but important to remind all at what is at stake. Too many, even some on Calguns, accept the status quo...
very true. i understand free thought and free speech, but some of the things i read and the things i hear from supposed pro 2a folks....yikes
my family realizes how i feel about the current situation and they know i'll not give up anything. no compromise, ever.
Old 03-24-2013, 8:06 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komifornian View Post
Parts of this would be great to send to our elected servants as a reminder.

1) "Keep this in mind as my “representative” when you try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of my constitutional rights, plain and simple."

2) The United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately you, my representative is required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of your constituents want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

3) I mean no disrespect to our (insert your representative here) but you need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed.
well said, our reps are self serving. i learned that at an early age.
Old 03-24-2013, 8:07 AM
Veteran Member

thanks op. good read. i salute you and those of us who believe in the constitution.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragornElessar86 View Post
Read a book. The militia did not fire anything resembling an "opening shot".

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
I have, but this is not the thread to continue this discussion. You may find this link interesting: http://www.revolutionarywararchives.org/lexington.html

“Arrogance is blind to the stumbling block.”
― Toba Beta, Master of Stupidity
Old 03-24-2013, 10:47 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Adams View Post
Exactly...the big money donors who are their constituents. Welcome to the corpocracy.
Touché: You got me there!

(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Back to the mainpoint here and the bottom line is just make sure when they come for your guns they are not there. Or at least where they can't be found. Keep in mind they have sonar equipment that can detect items in the ground or in walls and if they think you have a cache and they want to find it, they will have such devices. Also keep in mind, to fight tyrants you want explosives and a knowledge of electronics. For guns, I've made provision for them outside of my residence. They cannot be found by any method they have. That includes aerial surveillance (keep that in mind too-you can be watched from long distances on the ground and above). But I firmly believe, there will be no gun grab like Britain or Australia in my lifetime so I'm spending my efforts staying tight with other gun owners and donating to progun orgs and writing to progun legislators.
I agree with 90% of this. As I have said before the mind is the best weapon.

(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Hillary will do the dirty work.

Bookmark it!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 AM

Erosion of rights = to cooking a frog
Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
If they do come for our guns, I believe the only thing that will make them think twice about confiscation is armed resistance, and a lot of bloodbaths.

I'm not convinced that the powers that be truly understand that they are flirting with disaster as they continue to push their anti-gun agendas. Sometimes I think Feinstein and Biden and the rest actually believe that they can disarm us without consequence, and we are just sheeple that will go along with their intent to s**t on the Constitution for the "greater good".
But none will be brave enough on their own. Although dorner was just a common criminal, how far did he get on his own, and what has changed because of his actions?

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filospinato View Post
What does a dog have to do with this?

Quote:
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock7 View Post
very true. i understand free thought and free speech, but some of the things i read and the things i hear from supposed pro 2a folks....yikes
They are mostly not 2A folks. The contrarian voices here are mostly anti moles; here to foment division among us. There are some whom I believe are dedicated gun rights believers but are also naive and have collectivist 'greater good' tendencies. But most of the naysayers are fifth columnists.

(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLRBs View Post
When Lithuania declared it's independence from the Soviet Union in the early 1990's, there were home made guns that were a part of that revolt. It is not possible to disarm the US. Underground machine shops would become as common as moonshine stills during prohibition. They can come take the registered firearms that they can find, but that's it. And I suspect a lot of those would end up "lost" somewhere. Unfortunately such a situation would make guns into exactly what the liberals want them to be.....not for fun, for collecting, for target shooting and customization, but to fight the government. A self- fulfilling prophecy. See, they would say, we always knew guns were only owned in order to kill people.
I have to wonder if lithuania was brainwashed as our children that have gone to the public schools, and because of the apathy of parents we have whole generations of constitution haters.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM

Default Live Free

I'll avoid a confrontation if possible, but if cornered, I will "go" as a free man than live like a slave/prisoner/cattle.

People who are unarmed are always taken advantage of by their government, it's been that way for thousands of years. Why would the U.S. Government be any different? It's won't...

The picture below occurred in the 20th century...who's to say it won't happen again?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
Yes sir. A much bigger (and fundamental) principal and truth. I like your statement that "It comes to us by the simple fact that we exist".

Thank you for the kind words too... that's quite an honor!
True, natural law should be above all else

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 11:29 AM
CalGuns Truth Squad
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Agreed. Nor did it over two months ago when this article was first posted.

I guess that makes this thread a

Move along, nothing to see here.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM

http://www.vahistorical.org/onthisday/42175.htm

Take aways... 1) A powder magazine makes a very poor fort, your home not noticeably better. 2) The seizure by itself should be as effective (if not more) at rallying public support.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhopper View Post
I'll avoid a confrontation if possible, but if cornered, I will "go" as a free man than live like a slave/prisoner/cattle.

People who are unarmed are always taken advantage of by their government, it's been that way for thousands of years. Why would the U.S. Government be any different? It's won't...

The picture below occurred in the 20th century...who's to say it won't happen again?

/THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 AM

http://www.vahistorical.org/onthisday/42175.htm

Take aways... 1) A powder magazine makes a very poor fort, your home not noticeably better. 2) The seizure by itself should be as effective (if not more) at rallying public support.
Old 03-24-2013, 1:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugo View Post
/THREAD
Are we having a; "You can't handle the truth." moment?

(Red Cloud)
Old 03-24-2013, 1:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Are we having a; "You can't handle the truth." moment?
What are you typing about? I am simply implying that "that" post was enough argument to win this debate, it can happen, it has happened, and the indicators are now here to show that it may happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 2:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Agreed. Nor did it over two months ago when this article was first posted.

I guess that makes this thread a

Move along, nothing to see here.
This thread examines one very possible scenario within the next 3 years of Obama's 2nd term, everyone is going to have to decide where they stand NOW before this happens (one possibility), Thomas Jefferson thought we needed a revolution every 25 years, 200 years and counting-what makes you think we will never have some kind of revolution in this country? And what does it take before people like you see this? Do they have to break in your doors like they did in Katrina?
You can bet those peeps are convinced.
You may not believe this is likely, but you shouting down people because they are discussing it is like someone saying the Warren Commission is truth

sunaj
Old 03-24-2013, 2:27 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner127 View Post
Funny how goat herders and farmers in the Middle East are standing up to these weapons for an idea that they believe in. Should we not stand up for what we believe in just because we are "outgunned"?
Funny how the only such goat herders that have won are the ones who got air support from major military powers, or ones in which the military basically just stepped aside. Neither will happen here.

We should definitely stand up for what we believe in, outgunned or not. But we shouldn't expect to win if we do so. The effort will almost certainly fail, for many reasons.
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...

Last edited by kcbrown; 03-24-2013 at 2:40 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 3:47 PM
CalGuns Truth Squad
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunaj View Post
This thread examines one very possible scenario within the next 3 years of Obama's 2nd term, everyone is going to have to decide where they stand NOW before this happens (one possibility), Thomas Jefferson thought we needed a revolution every 25 years, 200 years and counting-what makes you think we will never have some kind of revolution in this country? And what does it take before people like you see this? Do they have to break in your doors like they did in Katrina?
You can bet those peeps are convinced.
You may not believe this is likely, but you shouting down people because they are discussing it is like someone saying the Warren Commission is truth

sunaj
Yeah, I know, you're the OP and you feel silly for posting something that's already been posted a time or two. I feel silly when I post dupes too. Plus, of course, there's the tinfoil hattery that goes along with the subject itself.

Better sleep with one eye open tonight, you never know when the .gov is gonna kick in your door...