Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Banned

Default If They Come For Your Guns...

This is a quote from an article:

"If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

This man has put down on paper what many people are thinking, but are too cautious to express openly.

I hope it never comes to what he is advocating, but I can certainly see where the possibility exists.

God help us all if it ever does happen.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the author:

Dean Garrison (born 1955) is a contemporary American author and crime fiction novelist. He was born in Michigan , grew up in the Indiana , Illinois , and Texas , and received his B.A. degree from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan . Garrison is a Crime Scene Technician in West Michigan . His research in the fields of crime scene investigationand Shooting Reconstruction are widely published in forensic journals under the name "D.H. Garrison, Jr."

I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.

About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

Our founders did not want a “democracy” for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy. The founders were highly educated people who were experienced in defending themselves against tyranny. They understood that the constitution could protect the people by limiting the power of anyone to work outside of it much better than a pure system of popularity. A system of checks and balances was set up to help limit corruption of government and also the potential for an “immoral majority” developing within the American People. We have forgotten in this country that we are ultimately ruled by a constitution.

Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Even 230+ years ago our founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can become corrupt.

I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.

Next I’d like to review the text of the second amendment. It is very clear. This is the law of this land. So when Senator Feinstein or President Obama talk about taking your guns, you need to think about something. Are they honoring their sworn oath to uphold the constitution?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State , the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This is a pretty clear statement. The fact is that it took 232 years for the Supreme Court to even rule on this amendment because it has never been successfully challenged. In 2008 a case of Columbia v. Heller the Supreme Court ruled that a handgun ban in Washington D.C. was unconstitutional. One also has to take this into consideration. The Supreme Court supports your right to own guns. If you want to research this decision further you can start here.

For those who try to debate the spirit of the 2nd amendment, they are truly no different from people who will try to take Biblical quotes out of context to try to support their immoral decisions. The founders were very clear on the intent of the 2nd amendment. Let me share a few quick quotes here:

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams

I could find hundreds of quotes like these. This country was built on the right to bear arms. It was built on the rights of an individual to bear arms, regardless of what his government or neighbor happened to think. This is crystal clear. Ironically the people who voice their opinions against this right have their free speech protected by your guns.Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement.

We need to keep this in mind as our “representatives” try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of our constitutional rights, plain and simple.

A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us.

Our framers were very clear on this. If my government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment.

It is not my right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of liberty. What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am going to say it. The time for speaking in code is over.

If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson ’s quote. He talks about a “last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority can not take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.

Congress could pass gun ban legislation by a 90%+ margin and it just would not matter. I think some people are very unclear on this. This is the reason we have a Supreme Court, and though I do not doubt that the Supreme Court can also become corrupt, in 2008 they got it right. They supported the constitution. It does not matter what the majority supports because America is not a democracy. A constitutional republic protects the rights of every single citizen, no matter what their “elected servants” say. A majority in America only matters when the constitution is not in play.

I just wrote what every believer in the constitution wants to say, and what every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive, and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You are protected by our constitution.

Most of the articles I am reading on the subject are trying to give you clues without just coming out and saying it. I understand that because certain things in this country will get you on a list that you don’t want to be on. I may well be on that list. This blog is small and growing so I may not be there yet, but I have dreams. I also have my own list of subversives and anyone who attempts to deny my constitutional rights is on that list.

I am not the “subversive” here, it is the political representatives who are threatening to take away my inalienable rights. If they come to take my guns and I leave a few of them wounded or dead, and I somehow survive, I have zero doubt that I will spend a long time in prison and may face an execution. But I would much rather be a political prisoner than a slave.

If I go down fighting then I was not fighting to harm these human beings. I was simply defending my liberty and yours. It is self-defense and it is what our country was built on. We won our freedom in self-defense. We would not be ruled by a tyrannical government in the 1770′s and we will not be ruled in 2012 by a tyrannical government. There is no difference.

This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Barack have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos.

I am not writing this to incite people. I am writing this in hopes that somehow I can make a tiny difference. I have no idea how many of my neighbors have the will to defend their constitutional rights. 2%? 20%? I am afraid that 20% is a high number, unfortunately. When push comes to shove many people may give up and submit to being ruled. I believe that our government is banking on this.

I would hope that our officials come to realize that, regardless of our numbers, we still exist because they are calling Patriotic Americans to action. They are making us decide if we want to die free or submit to their rule. I can not tell you where you should stand on that. I do know that it may make the difference between living a life of freedom or slavery.

You must start thinking about this because I believe that the day is coming soon and I personally believe it has already been planned. Not all conspiracy theories are hogwash. They may throw down the gauntlet soon and my suggestion is that you prepare yourself to react.

I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights to do so.

Are you willing to die trying to take my guns?

---------------------------------
Old 03-22-2013, 10:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Amen
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM

When I was a youngster my dad taught me that my word HAS to be my bond for the rest of my life. Several years later I took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies, foriegn and domestic.

I WILL stand up for my beliefs and like the Patriot prayer says, "Lord if today is really the day you call me home...Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMO556 View Post
Voting for Donald Trump is the protest vote against: Keynesian economics, Neocon wars, exporting jobs, open borders, Washington criminal cartel, too big to fail banks and too big to jail pols and banksters.

Cutting off foreign aid to EVERY country and dismantling the police/surveillance state!

Umm yeah!!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Calguns Addict

That's a long read!!!👀👀
Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

The truth shall set us free.....

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Calguns Addict

If they do come for our guns, I believe the only thing that will make them think twice about confiscation is armed resistance, and a lot of bloodbaths.

I'm not convinced that the powers that be truly understand that they are flirting with disaster as they continue to push their anti-gun agendas. Sometimes I think Feinstein and Biden and the rest actually believe that they can disarm us without consequence, and we are just sheeple that will go along with their intent to s**t on the Constitution for the "greater good".
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc View Post
That's a long read!!!👀👀
And nothing new.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:15 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
And nothing new.
Nothing new but important to remind all at what is at stake. Too many, even some on Calguns, accept the status quo...

Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 03-22-2013, 11:17 AM

Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Parts of this would be great to send to our elected servants as a reminder.

1) "Keep this in mind as my “representative” when you try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of my constitutional rights, plain and simple."

2) The United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately you, my representative is required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of your constituents want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

3) I mean no disrespect to our (insert your representative here) but you need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:49 AM

Good read..
I am a physician. I am held to being "the expert" in medicine. I can't fall back on feigned ignorance and the statement that the patient should have known better than I. When an officer "can't be expected to know the entire penal code", but a citizen is held to "ignorance is no excuse", this is equivalent to ME being able to sue my patient for my own malpractice-after all, the patient should have known better, right?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:50 AM

Might be time to break out the tin foil, but this is why they have already started the media propaganda campaign to label American patriots as "extremist" groups. They know it's coming, and they're going to use DHS to stamp out any "domestic terrorists" who resist confiscation.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/05/us/spl...-groups-report
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 PM

Blah blah blah, the author has no idea how to resist an oppressive government. Dying "in a pile of brass" is an attractive apocalypse fantasy but is of no use. You won't win a 1-on-SWAT fight.

Even in countries where they have banned civilian possession of firearms they've never just showed up and confiscated them. They ban them little by little over a long period of time and have you turn them in voluntarily. Then law enforcement weeds out the rest over time. It doesn't happen overnight, plenty of time to hide stuff if need be.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
If they do come for our guns, I believe the only thing that will make them think twice about confiscation is armed resistance, and a lot of bloodbaths.

I'm not convinced that the powers that be truly understand that they are flirting with disaster as they continue to push their anti-gun agendas. Sometimes I think Feinstein and Biden and the rest actually believe that they can disarm us without consequence, and we are just sheeple that will go along with their intent to s**t on the Constitution for the "greater good".
Because they think "we" are the [majority of] voters who elected them, so to them yes - we are sheeple.

A.W.D.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

You have a duty to protect your firearms. PERIOD.

This means from ANYONE that would take it from you, including our government. Yes there may be an issue where you may voulentarily turn in your firearm, and that is your right and your choice as an American. But anyone who would take your arms from you must be resisted against. This is the very foundation of our country starting at Lexington and the march to Concord to sieze our guns. There is no denying we were forced to resist, but resist we did, none the less.

I would extend that duty to making reasonably sure you guns can't be stolen (numerous tales here of idiots getting guns stolen out of cars, their homes, guns not in safes, safes not properly secured etc), but also stolen by the government and this means voting to make sure our rights are not abridged, not allowing any LEO in your home ever without a search warrant and even fighting as a very last resort if they are knocking down your door.

There will be situations where you loose your guns (If you get tasered at your front door, they're gonna take what they want heh) but it is then your duty to fight through legal channels to get your guns back. Fighting to get them back if you loose them is also part of protecting them IMHO.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

They aren't coming. They can't/won't even pursue confiscation from prohibited persons. They cry about the cost, but it's really about not wanting to do a really lousy and dangerous job.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:33 PM

Awesome read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunaj View Post
This is a quote from an article:

"If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

This man has put down on paper what many people are thinking, but are too cautious to express openly.

I hope it never comes to what he is advocating, but I can certainly see where the possibility exists.

God help us all if it ever does happen.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the author:

Dean Garrison (born 1955) is a contemporary American author and crime fiction novelist. He was born in Michigan , grew up in the Indiana , Illinois , and Texas , and received his B.A. degree from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan . Garrison is a Crime Scene Technician in West Michigan . His research in the fields of crime scene investigationand Shooting Reconstruction are widely published in forensic journals under the name "D.H. Garrison, Jr."

I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.

About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

Our founders did not want a “democracy” for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy. The founders were highly educated people who were experienced in defending themselves against tyranny. They understood that the constitution could protect the people by limiting the power of anyone to work outside of it much better than a pure system of popularity. A system of checks and balances was set up to help limit corruption of government and also the potential for an “immoral majority” developing within the American People. We have forgotten in this country that we are ultimately ruled by a constitution.

Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

Even 230+ years ago our founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can become corrupt.

I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.

Next I’d like to review the text of the second amendment. It is very clear. This is the law of this land. So when Senator Feinstein or President Obama talk about taking your guns, you need to think about something. Are they honoring their sworn oath to uphold the constitution?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State , the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This is a pretty clear statement. The fact is that it took 232 years for the Supreme Court to even rule on this amendment because it has never been successfully challenged. In 2008 a case of Columbia v. Heller the Supreme Court ruled that a handgun ban in Washington D.C. was unconstitutional. One also has to take this into consideration. The Supreme Court supports your right to own guns. If you want to research this decision further you can start here.

For those who try to debate the spirit of the 2nd amendment, they are truly no different from people who will try to take Biblical quotes out of context to try to support their immoral decisions. The founders were very clear on the intent of the 2nd amendment. Let me share a few quick quotes here:

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson

Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams

I could find hundreds of quotes like these. This country was built on the right to bear arms. It was built on the rights of an individual to bear arms, regardless of what his government or neighbor happened to think. This is crystal clear. Ironically the people who voice their opinions against this right have their free speech protected by your guns.Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement.

We need to keep this in mind as our “representatives” try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of our constitutional rights, plain and simple.

A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us.

Our framers were very clear on this. If my government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment.

It is not my right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of liberty. What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am going to say it. The time for speaking in code is over.

If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson ’s quote. He talks about a “last resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority can not take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.

Congress could pass gun ban legislation by a 90%+ margin and it just would not matter. I think some people are very unclear on this. This is the reason we have a Supreme Court, and though I do not doubt that the Supreme Court can also become corrupt, in 2008 they got it right. They supported the constitution. It does not matter what the majority supports because America is not a democracy. A constitutional republic protects the rights of every single citizen, no matter what their “elected servants” say. A majority in America only matters when the constitution is not in play.

I just wrote what every believer in the constitution wants to say, and what every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive, and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You are protected by our constitution.

Most of the articles I am reading on the subject are trying to give you clues without just coming out and saying it. I understand that because certain things in this country will get you on a list that you don’t want to be on. I may well be on that list. This blog is small and growing so I may not be there yet, but I have dreams. I also have my own list of subversives and anyone who attempts to deny my constitutional rights is on that list.

I am not the “subversive” here, it is the political representatives who are threatening to take away my inalienable rights. If they come to take my guns and I leave a few of them wounded or dead, and I somehow survive, I have zero doubt that I will spend a long time in prison and may face an execution. But I would much rather be a political prisoner than a slave.

If I go down fighting then I was not fighting to harm these human beings. I was simply defending my liberty and yours. It is self-defense and it is what our country was built on. We won our freedom in self-defense. We would not be ruled by a tyrannical government in the 1770′s and we will not be ruled in 2012 by a tyrannical government. There is no difference.

This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Barack have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least. They would likely say the same about me, but I have the constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos.

I am not writing this to incite people. I am writing this in hopes that somehow I can make a tiny difference. I have no idea how many of my neighbors have the will to defend their constitutional rights. 2%? 20%? I am afraid that 20% is a high number, unfortunately. When push comes to shove many people may give up and submit to being ruled. I believe that our government is banking on this.

I would hope that our officials come to realize that, regardless of our numbers, we still exist because they are calling Patriotic Americans to action. They are making us decide if we want to die free or submit to their rule. I can not tell you where you should stand on that. I do know that it may make the difference between living a life of freedom or slavery.

You must start thinking about this because I believe that the day is coming soon and I personally believe it has already been planned. Not all conspiracy theories are hogwash. They may throw down the gauntlet soon and my suggestion is that you prepare yourself to react.

I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights to do so.

Are you willing to die trying to take my guns?

---------------------------------
Old 03-22-2013, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhyla View Post
Dying "in a pile of brass" is an attractive apocalypse fantasy but is of no use. You won't win a 1-on-SWAT fight.
I realize that and I have no doubt that I won't win. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees. What's the old saying, "Give me liberty or...I will do whatever you say" No...that's not it. Think what you will, I don't care. What I do know is that if ANYONE comes into my house trying to take ANY of my belongings they will be treated as a burgler and met with the same resistance.

Last edited by Bikertrash; 03-22-2013 at 1:08 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 1:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikertrash View Post
I realize that and I have no doubt that I won't win. I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.
Then in that 100% hypothetical scenario you will be of no use to the actual resistance. Enjoy your swift death, you die for nothing.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:22 PM

Great another "they are out to get me" paranoid example of OT spreading to the rest of Cal Guns. They are not coming after your damm guns!!!! "They" meaning te people we elected to represent us could not even get an assault weapons ban passed. Almost 100 percent of what the anti gun crowd wanted did not see the light of day. Did we suffer some set backs? Yeah, but we won a lot too.

We are never going to get everything we want and they are never going to get everything they want; that's life. That's how it's supposed to work.

Stop being so damm paranoid, the whole world is not out to get us (you). If you look at the big picture, we have it pretty damm good here in America.

Last edited by greg36f; 03-22-2013 at 1:24 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by komifornian View Post
Parts of this would be great to send to our elected servants as a reminder.

1) "Keep this in mind as my “representative” when you try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of my constitutional rights, plain and simple."

2) The United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately you, my representative is required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of your constituents want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.

3) I mean no disrespect to our (insert your representative here) but you need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed.
Excellent. I am stealing your idea and employing it. I know others that will also, and so will pass it along. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg36f View Post
.... If you look at the big picture, we have it pretty damm good here in America.
Greg, I'm sorry, but we do not have it like it was and therefore not "good enough". Personally, I like a little paranoia. Keeps me on my toes and my opponents off balance.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWest View Post
Greg, I'm sorry, but we do not have it like it was and therefore not "good enough". Personally, I like a little paranoia. Keeps me on my toes and my opponents off balance.
"Like it was"? What the heck does that mean. How far back we going? Slaves? Females can't vote? Get a mall infection and die?

Yes, a little paranoid is a good thing, just don't let the paranoia become a big thing. For some people here, it has become a big thing and if that happens you start to create issues where there are none in order to justify that paranoia; not healthy!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 1:41 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I think much of it boils down to some very basic principals and human behavioral philosophy...

Survival is a human instinct... primitive, or highly sophisticated, the basic instinct to survive is part of all living things...

Having that been said - the act of disarming, and in a sense, forcing someone to become a victim - will entice survival instinct within many (even though they may use logic such as "freedoms" and "rights" to justify their actions and that's okay)...

So whether it's a "responsibility" or not, may be debatable - but I strongly feel it will be instinctual to fight. I suppose you could consider the fact that the instinct to survive is based on the biological need to live and it can be argued that the will to live is because of responsibility to offspring (or loved ones?) - maybe in that sense it's a responsibility to fight.

I can't fathom anyone would willingly/knowingly become vulnerable. I will say however, there are many naive enough to think the world is only evil to certain people and "it can't happen to them".

Anyway - yes, fighting for your rights (which can be instinctual survival) is inevitable.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:43 PM
Veteran Member

look at the origins and ideas of the progressives. now, for historical perspective, you have to compare that with maximalists. in fact, if you read the versailles treaty, they referred to the government in russia as maximalist. why? maximalists (i.e. bolsheviks) wanted massive and immediate overturning of society. "starting from zero". they were jacobin in nature, societal idealists, fed on rousseau's romantic visions. the jacobins compeletely tore down the old and sough to establish an altogether new society, a "republic of virtue". everything old had to go. that also happened in the S.U. recall that the greatest hatred that the bolsheviks had was not necessarily for the capitalists or tsarists, but actually for the mensheviks and others. those who were moderate socialists, those who favored incrementalism and working within the system. those were the ones lenin hated the most and warned his followers the most.

but progressives OTOH saw it differently. their view was one of incrementalism, that any change was good, was "progress", and should be sought. they actually had the right strategy. in effect, while their ultimate goal was fairly the same, their means were much different. they knew it would happen over time, and not all at once. there would be no revolution. consider today, the success of the progressive:

the federal government can decide what you will work for, how much yo will work for, what jobs you can and can't do, what goods and how goods are shipped across state lines, what vendors must and must not with those goods, etc. the federal government now determines how much water your toilets flush, the amount of water that comes out of your shower heads, and even the type of bulbs you put in your bathroom.

in fact, make a list in the morning and continue throughout the day, of anything and everything you do, however big and small. around noon or so, look at the list and figure all the ways both overt and subtle, that the federal government is involved in those actions and decisions.

didn't happen overnight. look, I'll bet lots of people on CG never bother to question the legitimacy of social security. it's wholly unconstitutional. but it is so ingrained into our psyche that there are plenty of 2A supporters that would rally against against SocSec cuts. look what they've done to our grocery bags in LA. can't even get plastic anymore. my kid's school has an earth day celebration thing. and it's not even a big deal. holy f***ing s***!!! (I can only correct the lies for my kids. but I can't fight or everyone's kids.)

see, in so many ways, our republic has been completely erased. we just don't know it yet.

so while we fight rear-guard actions, the progressives know they'll never directly come for them. it took 60-70 years to get here. you think they care about a grand sweeping victory on guns this congress? please. they are winning the war of attrition. slowly and surely, they'll just whittle us away, even without new laws. 60-70 years from now, what do you think this place will look like? you think we'll be the same "pile of ammunition...molon labe" group? how many will remain.

it's their entire methodology, progressive. i.e. progressively. incrementally. eventually.

now, I see other much more catastrophic things in the nearer future. the dollar's collapse is right around the corner. good news is that progs failed before the succeeded in destroying the dollar.

They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

Old 03-22-2013, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Then in that 100% hypothetical scenario you will be of no use to the actual resistance. Enjoy your swift death, you die for nothing.
Thank you I will, because if the "Resistance" is headed up by people like you...I'll have better odds on my own.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg36f View Post
Great another "they are out to get me" paranoid example of OT spreading to the rest of Cal Guns.
Yes. Mods haven't been stemming the tide well enough lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikertrash View Post
Thank you I will, because if the "Resistance" is headed up by people like you...I'll have better odds on my own.
People like me? You don't even know me. Your odds are zero on your own. Or are you John Wayne?
Old 03-22-2013, 1:59 PM

I don't think they are 'coming to take our guns' but remember that governments tend to do things like this in increments. This is why nobody should be sitting back on their asses just because the 'Assault weapons' ban is off the bills for now. One thing I will say, constitutional rights or not, is that anybody who wants my property is going to need my permission to even look at it, period. I am not a subject in some kings realm or some slave to an emperor. This country was freed from tyranny by pissed off men with guns and a fierce desire for liberty. If we give that up just to satisfy some 'majority' or some bureaucrat with a power trip, then we do not deserve to live free.
Old 03-22-2013, 2:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Blah blah blah, the author has no idea how to resist an oppressive government. Dying "in a pile of brass" is an attractive apocalypse fantasy but is of no use. You won't win a 1-on-SWAT fight.
That depends on your definition of winning.

Quote:
Even in countries where they have banned civilian possession of firearms they've never just showed up and confiscated them. They ban them little by little over a long period of time and have you turn them in voluntarily. Then law enforcement weeds out the rest over time. It doesn't happen overnight, plenty of time to hide stuff if need be.
That is the way they plan it to go down, it would behoove any one in opposition to think very carefully about their counter strategy.
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 03-22-2013, 3:36 PM

It should be published in all news papers.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-22-2013, 4:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I don't agree. If in the unlikely event they do try to confiscate, the more resistance they meet at each attempt at confiscation, the more likely they are to abandon the concept.
Old 03-22-2013, 4:19 PM

Here's to hoping we'll never experience confiscation on the scale that would warrant violent resistance.

(I may be well-armed, and look intimidating to some, but I'm a peace-loving hipster at heart...)
Old 03-22-2013, 4:49 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Confiscation might never happen. But one can never know how far Democrats and Liberals will go with their un-Constitutional agenda.

Better to be prepared than caught unprepared.

If people aren't concerned then that's on them.

Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 03-22-2013, 5:34 PM

Quote:

I disagree because those who were murdered in the Boston Massacre and on Lexington Green, their deaths resulted in helping to catalyze the revolution that gave us our independence. Those that died at the Alamo, their deaths ultimately resulted in the state of Texas.

While being murdered in your home while protecting your right to keep and bare arms might not be exactly the same thing as a group of people being murdered. Nevertheless its still the same thing in that it can just as easily precipitate enough public outrage that ultimately leads to quashing any anti Second Amendment laws.

Another example: On July 5th 1934, now known as Bloody Thursday, down on the waterfront in San Francisco dockworkers were in the middle of strike when police shot dead two of the strikers. As a result of these killings a massive general strike resulted which ultimately gave birth to the International Longshore and Warehouse Union. It was the public's outrage over these killings which brought about the massive general strike and it was that massive general strike which made it possible for the dockworkers to win and form the ILWU.

So I disagree because there are lots of examples throughout history where someone taking a stand for what's right, paying for it with their life and as a result it changes history.

Just my two cents and of course nobody wants to see any kind of violence. This is our country, our homes, and nobody wants to see anything like that happen.
Old 03-22-2013, 6:16 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
I think much of it boils down to some very basic principals and human behavioral philosophy...

Survival is a human instinct... primitive, or highly sophisticated, the basic instinct to survive is part of all living things...

Having that been said - the act of disarming, and in a sense, forcing someone to become a victim - will entice survival instinct within many (even though they may use logic such as "freedoms" and "rights" to justify their actions and that's okay)...

So whether it's a "responsibility" or not, may be debatable - but I strongly feel it will be instinctual to fight. I suppose you could consider the fact that the instinct to survive is based on the biological need to live and it can be argued that the will to live is because of responsibility to offspring (or loved ones?) - maybe in that sense it's a responsibility to fight.

I can't fathom anyone would willingly/knowingly become vulnerable. I will say however, there are many naive enough to think the world is only evil to certain people and "it can't happen to them".

Anyway - yes, fighting for your rights (which can be instinctual survival) is inevitable.
Since I respect this great forum, I will not quote this post as a "signature" as it would be too long, but.. WOW! One of the best posts I've read.
Old 03-22-2013, 6:23 PM

Quote:

+1 , This is a war of atttition; which began a long time ago...
Old 03-22-2013, 6:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLoneShooter View Post
Here's to hoping we'll never experience confiscation on the scale that would warrant violent resistance.

(I may be well-armed, and look intimidating to some, but I'm a peace-loving hipster at heart...)
And what scale would that be? When it's my neighbor's gun it's small potatoes; but when it's my guns; call out the militia!!!
To keep it you must give it

"I will talk with you no more.
I will go now, and fight you."
(Red Cloud)
Old 03-22-2013, 6:38 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURVIVOR619 View Post
Since I respect this great forum, I will not quote this post as a "signature" as it would be too long, but.. WOW! One of the best posts I've read.
wow, that's a great compliment. Thank you.

more importantly, I'm glad you get it
Old 03-22-2013, 6:44 PM

Great read.