Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-22-2013, 6:21 AM
CalGuns Truth Squad
CGN Contributor

Default Californians show strong support for strict gun control measures (LA Times)

Woke up to this:

Article: Californians show strong support for strick gun control measures.

Old 03-22-2013, 6:31 AM

Translation: minorities control California, they don't like guns, to Hell with the constitution. Control, regulate, license, limit, fees, fees, fees, because they can.
Old 03-22-2013, 6:32 AM

As everybody thinks its over!! His last comment "an AW ban would pass overwhelmingly in CA". Feinstein ain't done with us yet.
Old 03-22-2013, 6:42 AM
In Memoriam

Brought to you by the Democrat party, YOUR party. The one that has f'd this state completely up...
Old 03-22-2013, 6:58 AM

Licensing a civil right? Clearly the efforts of California's education system is coming to fruition.
Old 03-22-2013, 6:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk1 View Post
Brought to you by the Democrat party, YOUR party. The one that has f'd this state completely up...
This^^^
Old 03-22-2013, 6:59 AM

This is a HATE campaign. Pure hate. If the majority of gun owners were black, or the majority Hispanic, or the majority Asian, the media and politicians would be screaming RACISM all over the place. I have never in my life seen anything like this. We're not talking about one or two laws here, we're talking about making life absolutely miserable for a subgroup of society with a large number of punitive laws against people who have broken no law. They are simply hated by the now majority. I sure wish a few Latino leaders would come forward and speak out against this hatred instead of fueling the fires of it.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:12 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
^^^ +1

Auto-Ordnance 1911-A1 .45 ACP
Česká Zbrojovka CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical 9mm
Heckler & Koch VP9 9mm
Kimber 1911 "Raptor II" .45 ACP
Remington 870 Tactical Express 12gauge
Sig Sauer P226 MK25 Navy 9mm
Springfield Armory 1911 "MC Operator" .45 ACP
Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm
Old 03-22-2013, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLRBs View Post
This is a HATE campaign. Pure hate. If the majority of gun owners were black, or the majority Hispanic, or the majority Asian, the media and politicians would be screaming RACISM all over the place. I have never in my life seen anything like this. We're not talking about one or two laws here, we're talking about making life absolutely miserable for a subgroup of society with a large number of punitive laws against people who have broken no law. They are simply hated by the now majority. I sure wish a few Latino leaders would come forward and speak out against this hatred instead of fueling the fires of it.
They are lucky it's not possible to be racist against white people.

SSRI Antidepressants, prescribed to every shooter of a major school shooting incident. "Side effects may include violent behavior".
Old 03-22-2013, 7:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post

Just saw/read this article that cam out in the newspaper. It sounds and looks grim for California but let's see what happens. It not over until it's over folks.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:15 AM
Banned

I think some errors exist in the article.

Every gun I've ever bought at a gun show had to go through an FFL. Every one. Now, I'm lucky that my FFL lives in my neighborhood, so all's I have to go is just go over to his house to pick my gun up after the ten day thing.

My point is that, unless it's an antique, California already has a back ground check. I think the sections showing that people are in favor of making that law don't know the law already exists.

I found this statement apt:

>But "when you get to the some of the more … nanny-state-type proposals, you've got a little bit of a difference there."

(CDF): I am still laboring under the notion that McDonald and Heller are our saving graces and will eventually come to California, where our laws will be scrutinized, with many being over turned. Until then, I go shooting and enjoy our sports.

CDFingers
Old 03-22-2013, 7:23 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Why do people continue to say minorities hate guns. I'm a minority and I have a safe full of guns.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:26 AM

Default California is wealthiest state in the union.

Quote:
I am not a Democrat so I have no horse in this race, but when you say the Democrats have screwed this state completely up... I am wondering what you are referring to. California is the wealthiest state in the USA. If California were a country it would be about the 4th richest country on earth, and this in spite of the fact that California pays much more in federal taxes than it receives back from the federal govt. As a country California would not have any federal taxes and so it would be even wealthier.

It is interesting to note that many of the states that whine the most about federal taxes, actually receive more from the federal govt. than they pay in federal taxes. But in any case one could argue that California is the most successful state in America. California has had a huge influx of people from other states because it is such a desirable state to live in. California is also the number one tourist destination in America, so if it is so f'd up why is it so wealthy and popular?
Old 03-22-2013, 7:33 AM
www.Buildyourownak.info
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDFingers View Post
I think some errors exist in the article.

Every gun I've ever bought at a gun show had to go through an FFL. Every one. Now, I'm lucky that my FFL lives in my neighborhood, so all's I have to go is just go over to his house to pick my gun up after the ten day thing.

My point is that, unless it's an antique, California already has a back ground check. I think the sections showing that people are in favor of making that law don't know the law already exists.

I found this statement apt:

>But "when you get to the some of the more … nanny-state-type proposals, you've got a little bit of a difference there."

(CDF): I am still laboring under the notion that McDonald and Heller are our saving graces and will eventually come to California, where our laws will be scrutinized, with many being over turned. Until then, I go shooting and enjoy our sports.

CDFingers
+1
Hope for saving our so called representitives is lost.
My eyes (and dollars) will be with the lawyers and ultimately SCOTUS.
Heller, and MacDonald need to be recognized by CA even if we need to hold Sacramento down and shovel it (with a federal court ruling) down their liberal blind throats.
Owning a firearm for self defense is a civil, and God given right.

Last edited by nicoroshi; 03-22-2013 at 7:38 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 7:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen66m View Post
Why do people continue to say minorities hate guns. I'm a minority and I have a safe full of guns.
Sorry... I think its a generized frustration with California political pandering.

SSRI Antidepressants, prescribed to every shooter of a major school shooting incident. "Side effects may include violent behavior".
Old 03-22-2013, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Everybody agrees on keeping guns out of the hands of dangerous people — criminals and the mentally ill — and on punitive measures against criminal enterprises. Those are no-brainers," said Drew Lieberman of Greenberg Quinlan Rosner Research, a Democratic polling firm that conducted the survey with the Republican polling company American Viewpoint.
So let's pass more laws, because criminals..oh, wait.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:47 AM
"Dickish" Juggernaut
CGN Contributor

What's a minority nowadays? because I haven't seen a white person in a few weeks.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captbilly View Post
I am not a Democrat so I have no horse in this race, but when you say the Democrats have screwed this state completely up... I am wondering what you are referring to. California is the wealthiest state in the USA. If California were a country it would be about the 4th richest country on earth, and this in spite of the fact that California pays much more in federal taxes than it receives back from the federal govt. As a country California would not have any federal taxes and so it would be even wealthier.

It is interesting to note that many of the states that whine the most about federal taxes, actually receive more from the federal govt. than they pay in federal taxes. But in any case one could argue that California is the most successful state in America. California has had a huge influx of people from other states because it is such a desirable state to live in. California is also the number one tourist destination in America, so if it is so f'd up why is it so wealthy and popular?
Bold is where youre wrong, and here is why:

California is not rich, California as a state takes in a gigantic amount of $$$ in tax revenue but being rich requires you to actually have $$ free to spend, which CA doesnt. The budget crisis doesnt exist because of having too much $$$. Your stat is also wrong. It used to be true, but that number has actually dropped to the 8th richest country in the world.

the influx of people in CA is not from other states but from other countries. California has actually had a negative domestic migration in each of the 20 past years, which means that citizens of the US are leaving CA for other states faster than they are coming to CA. That is, at least, if you believe the census bureau. For the most part, the people leaving are middle and lower income families.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:51 AM

So it's tyranny of the minorities to de-arm white people? Reverse racism!
Old 03-22-2013, 7:54 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

For the second time this morning I submit the same quote... It "should" not matter if a majority of people in State are against us. Unfortunately, that does not stop the antis from infringement in the name of majority opinion. "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials, and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections." Robert Jackson West Virginia St. Bd. Educ. v. Barnette... The Founders were against pure "democracy" which in its raw form is nothing more than mob rule. This is why we are a Constitutional Republic.

Last edited by Tyrone; 03-22-2013 at 8:01 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 7:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfpcservice View Post
Sorry... I think its a generized frustration with California political pandering.
As I recall the clip pointed out that Hispanics generally do not like guns, it was not my speculation.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrix View Post
So it's tyranny of the minorities to de-arm white people? Reverse racism!
Again, the Hispanic disdain for guns was pointed out in the piece.

Quote:

We would be... if the politicians in control (read Democrats) didn't waste all of our money. I think CA's deficit was around $16,000,000,000 in 2012. While we have the potential to be great, we have yet to see it.

... and to think, some people actually call me crazy for wanting to leave the state.

Unfortunately, the state is lost for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:01 AM

I haven't heard anyone around where I live agree with all these stricter gun laws being a good thing. These polls are mostly taken from where? I have never been asked about a poll, is that because I'm at work?
Old 03-22-2013, 8:04 AM

I notice a large number of people on these boards jump on anything that refers to Hispanics politically supporting gun control, as if it's racist to point it out. This video points it out, don't shoot the messenger. If cultural and racial background contributes to the anti-gun mentality, is it beneficial to be so PC that one is not allowed to talk about it? To those wonderful posters here of Hispanic ethnicity, bless you! Please speak to your neighbors and friends who share your background and try to explain the constitution. Seems they either don't understand it or choose to ignore it.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:05 AM

The poll results are a given considering the make up of the Legislature & other State wide elected officials.....they are a reflection of the electorate in CA
Old 03-22-2013, 8:06 AM

Quote:

California's economy is the eighth largest economy in the world (2011), if the states of the U.S. were compared with other countries. California ranks 12th among the 50 states in terms of GDP per capita. As of 2010, the gross state product (GSP) was about $1.9 trillion.

CA has the some of the highest personal income taxes, one of the highest combined sales tax rates and recently took the award for highest fuel tax of all 50 states

And we still cant get into the black ink........ But we do find time to micro manage and regulate businesses to death, not do anything about the spiraling costs of workers comp and pass lots of onerous gun regulations that essentially reek of the Jim crow laws addressing people of color in the late 1800's and early 1900's

We are now a minority group that is excercizing our right that is constitutionally recognized only to be taxed and regulated away from that right. Anyone who's ever studied all the tactics that were used to keep people of color away from voting booths, tests, certifications, registration gimics and poll taxes can see the similarity to what is being done to us today. and the arguement then was similar "those people cant be trusted to vote they are a danger to society" And guess what it was popular back then too
....."there can be no irreparable harm to a municipality when it is prevented from enforcing an unconstitutional statute,” and the public interest always weighs in favor of protecting constitutional rights. See Joelner v. Wash. Park, 378 F.3d 613, 620 (7th Cir. 2004).
I VOTE and contribute to organizations who share my pursuit of freedom
Old 03-22-2013, 8:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen66m View Post
Specifically because Democrats can't believe any minority would not be a flaming lib and not follow their agenda in absolute lockstep. So a minority owning guns or supporting any so-called "conservative" value or belief is unthinkable.
In short, if you're not white, the Dems fully believe they own your ***.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams
Old 03-22-2013, 8:15 AM

I would love to see the specifics in the poll. Was it all over CA or just in big cities ? How many did they poll ? If I hear "Common sense gun laws" again I am going to throw up. How about "are you in favor of unconstitutional god given 2A laws that makes it much harder for law abiding citizens to purchase hunting, recreational and defense weapons ?"
Old 03-22-2013, 8:19 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTOM CA! View Post
I would love to see the specifics in the poll. Was it all over CA or just in big cities ? How many did they poll ? If I hear "Common sense gun laws" again I am going to throw up. How about "are you in favor of unconstitutional god given 2A laws that makes it much harder for law abiding citizens to purchase hunting, recreational and defense weapons ?"
On this very "RKBA ACTIVIST" website, the one with "GUNS" in the title, a random poll on Federal BG Checks was 50/50 for and against. Remember, this website is the nexus for California gun owners to argue against infringement.

Is it so hard to believe that the average Joe Sixpack in California supports outright prohibition?

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:19 AM

I don't find this surprising consider the source of the poll and the article. The problem is when these polls are done they ask a very narrow range of questions, and to the uniformed California voter it's easy to answer feel good questions. I would say your average Ca voter doesn't even realize we have the most stringent gun laws in the nation, let alone the the confusing details of our laws. The problem then is this crap gets spewed like it's the holy gospel continuing the confusion. Point in case in the video she says Californians overwhelmingly support universal background checks, well we already have those. As far as I'm concerned real journalism is dead and everything is agenda driven rather then fact driven.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:22 AM

Skewered poll, LA times is hard left. Bet they didn't poll one person North of Sacramento.

Thomas Jefferson.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:27 AM
misanthrope
CGN Contributor

I refuse to watch it because I know it will piss me off more than I'm already pissed off about being stuck in this state. Other than harrassing my political body and donating to the cause, I don't know what else to do but fume in frustration. I mean really, how much ****ing further can we have our rights restricted other than a full out ban of all guns? (which is what we all know is the end game here in the great state of Kalifornication.) And I used to really love living in this state...

- Alejandro Gillick
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I notice a large number of people on these boards jump on anything that refers to Hispanics politically supporting gun control, as if it's racist to point it out. This video points it out, don't shoot the messenger. If cultural and racial background contributes to the anti-gun mentality, is it beneficial to be so PC that one is not allowed to talk about it? To those wonderful posters here of Hispanic ethnicity, bless you! Please speak to your neighbors and friends who share your background and try to explain the constitution. Seems they either don't understand it or choose to ignore it.
Because of the overwhelmingly negative experiences many minority groups have with guns in "their" communities, it's no surprise that many of them want stronger gun control. Take a short tour of the Homicide Report on the LA Times web site and you'll notice that about 9 of 10 murders by gun in LA country are committed against black or latino victims. So is it any wonder that the voting-age, politically active people in those areas are anti-gun?

For many of them, this is not an theoretical/ideological/semantics issue involving the Constitution. It's what they perceive as a life or death struggle to survive, and they are willing to abandon a "right" do not want for what they think will give them "security."

My Dominican girlfriend grew up in a very poor neighborhood that had plenty of gun violence. As a little girl, she saw people murdered on her street and knew a number of people who were involved in gun crimes (usually associated with drug activity, of course). When we started dating, she was terrified by my guns because she only associated them with her negative experiences. But over time she has come to understand that I have a different background and experience with firearms (in part because I come from a LEO family and am a hunter), and that I'm safely using and storing them. She'd never seen that sort of behavior before.

Not saying I have the answers here, but we need to understand the mindset of those who oppose us in order to counter them effectively.
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams

Last edited by Full Clip; 03-22-2013 at 8:35 AM.. Reason: Links

Good job eating where you sh*t libs.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:30 AM

Quote:
I'm Mexican American and I own nice size collection of firearms, as does my cousin, my brother in-law and my girlfriend who is Asian. We all support our 2nd A rights.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:36 AM

Wow, they actually approved my comment on this Youtube video. Usually libs on Youtube and Facebook don't allow comments, or just outright delete opposing views and ban folks.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:38 AM
Calguns Addict

What is this crap about having to be licensed and carry insurance ?
I don't see very well, but sat THESE parts in the "article"

It seemed VERY one sided.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:43 AM

Why get worked up over a poll? Accurate or not, if they put it to a popular vote we'd probably lose most of our gun rights. So what? Were you deluded and thought that most Californians care about gun rights? That's why CGF and SAF aren't pouring money into lobbying but into litigating.