Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-22-2013, 5:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl0re10 View Post
This law you probably would support if it came up again... but just not own up to.

Yeah your right. Im an anti in disguise. I want to give up all my stuff after 33 years of being a gun owner and want to support more laws that would screw us all.

I dont give a **** about the 2A, and my freedoms or my familys self defense, and am ecstactic that you outed me. What a relief.

Now I can sell the tens of thousands of dollars in guns, safes, scopes, presses, loading equipment, holsters, and loading components for yogurt, granola, and some birkenstocks. Maybe get my dream Prius.

Its good to know that a perfect stranger like yourself knows me so well. Thanks for liberating me from my scharade. Free at last..Free at last...

Now, where did I leave that number for the Brady Campaign at...
Old 03-23-2013, 11:10 AM

You must thank Assemblyman Rob Bonta, D-Oakland, who introduced AB 174 in January. Even without passing, it becomes a solid reason to use, to somebody not wanting to or who did not register a "politically incorrect weapon" (in Kalifornia and in this country), in fear of its rightful ownership being considered contraband in the furure and its owner becoming a felon with non compliance. So thank you, Assemblyman Rob Bonta, D-Oakland.

Like posting anything to the internet, once its introduced (no matter if its wording is changed / removed later or it never gets passed into law), its creation and the intent of elected officials whom supported it, never goes away.

NRA Life Member since 1978
CRPA Life Member since 1978
Old 03-23-2013, 5:11 PM

Funny how many say they wont register there rifles.When sb 23 came i ended up complying at the last minute others i know did not.I am able to shoot on BLM land without worry for the most part.

Ones i know who didnt register did not want to take their guns out of the house fir fear of being caught with it.They all talked big at first but backed down like lil *****es later on.Basically made their rifles useless in this state.Dont bother using for home defense either or hope you dont have a domestic violence issue at home too many things that can make that rifle pop up.
Old 03-23-2013, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBruce View Post
Of course it's dead. You've got to get everyone to *register* before you make it illegal. Otherwise how will you know where to send the letters demanding they surrender their now illegal property?

Registration now. Repeal after the next mass shooting. Think, McFly!
Bingo.
Old 03-23-2013, 5:28 PM

I'd like to thank Rob Bonta for showing his true intentions.

I became a life member of the NRA and donated to Calguns and the SAF thanks to AB174.

I won't be forgetting about it any time soon, either, as I expect it to come back around eventually in some form.

Hopefully, we can win an AWB case at SCOTUS in the meantime.
Old 03-23-2013, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15robert View Post
Funny how many say they wont register there rifles.When sb 23 came i ended up complying at the last minute others i know did not.I am able to shoot on BLM land without worry for the most part.

Ones i know who didnt register did not want to take their guns out of the house fir fear of being caught with it.They all talked big at first but backed down like lil *****es later on.Basically made their rifles useless in this state.Dont bother using for home defense either or hope you dont have a domestic violence issue at home too many things that can make that rifle pop up.
How smart did you feel when you saw this coming down the pipe before it was amended ?
Old 03-23-2013, 7:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankm View Post
When he dies, the state gets it. Confiscation anyway.
I got to get out of this state!
Old 03-23-2013, 8:17 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
I got to get out of this state!
And that's their strategy. Pass as many laws as they can to make people that votes against them move and only "their" people will remain.

Sadly, this state will look like Chicago/Detroit when the majority of tax payers leave and only the takers are left.
Old 03-23-2013, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
How smart did you feel when you saw this coming down the pipe before it was amended ?
Honestly didnt bother me i had a strong feeling it would go thru.Now how do you feel useing a bullet buttoned blinged out rifle limited to 10 rounds while i can shoot my legal AR and hi caps without looking over my shoulder 24/7?

If i t did pass for some odd reason then i would just take my rifle out of state to a family members house if i had too while getting on board with any fight to overturn the law!
Old 03-24-2013, 2:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Charm View Post
they can only take what they know you have. f em. they get nothing from me.

Excuse my ignorance - but when you buy a gun (handgun or rifle), you go through a process...through DOJ, etc. So, don't they already have ALL the info about who has guns, how many, etc...etc?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar15robert View Post
Honestly didnt bother me i had a strong feeling it would go thru.Now how do you feel useing a bullet buttoned blinged out rifle limited to 10 rounds while i can shoot my legal AR and hi caps without looking over my shoulder 24/7?

If i t did pass for some odd reason then i would just take my rifle out of state to a family members house if i had too while getting on board with any fight to overturn the law!
It sucks using a BB rifle but hell at least its something and I still have fun at the range I would of course have more fun if it wasn't for these stupid AW laws. And I can see sending your rifle out of state for safekeeping rather than turning it in. But I would like to know why would you possibly think that our god forsaken state legislature would not pass a law such as this ? Something being Unconstitutional has not historically stopped them from Passing anything.
Old 03-24-2013, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksandreCz View Post
It sucks using a BB rifle but hell at least its something and I still have fun at the range I would of course have more fun if it wasn't for these stupid AW laws. And I can see sending your rifle out of state for safekeeping rather than turning it in. But I would like to know why would you possibly think that our god forsaken state legislature would not pass a law such as this ? Something being Unconstitutional has not historically stopped them from Passing anything.
Its a risk we take.i dont agree with the law but complied and hope it gets overturned til then i plan on shooting my rifle and using my hi caps.Like said my friends who didnt have mostly got rid of their rifles and regretted it since they basically became useless in this state.

Its not hard for the gvt to find out who exactly owns firearms unless syou bought it off a street corner cash and carried.Registered or not theres sale recordsyes i know they arent suppose to acces 4473s but what is to stop them?

I will by an oll sometime so my son can build it up as a neutered version if he chooses.
Old 03-24-2013, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
They don't need it if they can get SB 47 through.
I don't get it? 47 wouldn't take our rifles as this one would have.
Old 03-24-2013, 6:39 PM
Vendor/Retailer
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

This is good news but keep up the fight.
SB 47, SB 374, and AB 48 are still VERY MUCH ALIVE!!

Thordo