Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California handguns Discuss your favorite California handgun technical and related questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 03-19-2013, 7:28 PM
KidSasquatch KidSasquatch is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Riverside
Posts: 20
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
doesn't mean you should hoard now though. Buy minimal and wait for pricing to stabilize.
Oh I'm not hoarding now. I ordered 1000 rounds online and have been using that for the past month. It's just frustrating when people say "It's your own fault that you didn't prepare." That argument is invalid in cases like mine, I feel.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 03-19-2013, 7:33 PM
HapaMan HapaMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: San Jose, Commiefornia
Posts: 383
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

What a stupid thread.
__________________
NRA Life Member
Front Sight Ambassador Member
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 03-19-2013, 7:40 PM
Madstone Madstone is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
Everyone needs to chill out and listen to some good music....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nKn-knDzMU

This is what everyone needs to do;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0
The hell is this horse ****?

Some dude talking quickly in an annoying monotone voice isn't good music, hell I don't even consider it music. And synthesizers on top of it. Please crawl under a rock.

I'm 30 years old, I'd take Allman Bros, BB King, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Cash, AC/CD, Rodrigo y Gabriela.

Music...
Better drummer
Then his electric keyboard extra features...
More talent in 5 fingers...
Then this.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 03-19-2013, 7:47 PM
LBDamned's Avatar
LBDamned LBDamned is offline
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: OC - So Cal
Posts: 9,548
iTrader: 48 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by evidens83 View Post
Hooah is ARMY fyi
apparently you weren't keeping up with thread...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=174

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=179

he's not ARMY
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 03-19-2013, 7:48 PM
G21Shooter's Avatar
G21Shooter G21Shooter is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 3,512
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeX View Post
1 itís hard to call it hording when you actually shoot itÖ
2 I havenít bought a single box of ammo since the panic
3 We are seeing a huge increase of new gun owners

Iím sure plenty of others on this forum are like meÖ who have done their shopping, are sitting on a stash, and just riding it out.

And 4. Please donít reloadÖ because I hate seeing primer and powder shortages lol. Itís a lot harder than it looks and takes too much timeÖ trust me, itís not worth it. Just keep going to Walmart every day in hopes for more ammo. It will pay off.
+1 OP I get what your saying but the reality is this is still a free country and people can buy/do what they want.

Chances are you will never need more than a magazine to protect yourself, but you never know.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 03-19-2013, 7:49 PM
EWILKE EWILKE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: H.B.
Posts: 567
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default Whats hoarding?

Most of us call it investing.
stock up when you can and start reloading my weekly range trips have not changed.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:10 PM
Stirlee's Avatar
Stirlee Stirlee is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fema Region 9: District 6
Posts: 241
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

people are confusing hoarding with being a regular person.

you have 2k rounds? k cool.

you have 10,000 rounds for every gun and caliber? than thats some issues. but hey, its your money.
__________________
In America banks rob you
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:16 PM
Ocog2181 Ocog2181 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Ca
Posts: 218
iTrader: 1 / 60%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlee View Post
people are confusing hoarding with being a regular person.

you have 2k rounds? k cool.

you have 10,000 rounds for every gun and caliber? than thats some issues. but hey, its your money.
This is exactly what I was trying to convey. People who already have a lot of ammo need not purchase more....
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:17 PM
therealnickb's Avatar
therealnickb therealnickb is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,240
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
Oh damn! I've never seen an iTrader that low (on any forum) - truly
Hey if the arse hat fits, wear it right!
__________________


"I've heard this is a good read. I'm mean, I haven't read it myself but many very smart people said it's a good read. Believe me, many people are saying it....."
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:18 PM
Pell Pell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

For all of you that sold ammo at high prices and bought new toys or have been "hoarding" all the ammo, I hate you.





(Because I didn't have the foresight to do the same.)
Reply With Quote
  #211  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:19 PM
Pistolgrip Pump Pistolgrip Pump is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,162
iTrader: 21 / 96%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
Everyone needs to chill out and listen to some good music....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nKn-knDzMU

This is what everyone needs to do;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0
Dude that's great. It's so stupid but sometimes you're just in that mood. YouTube "baracka flocka flames - head of state" he parodies that song it's hilarious.
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:22 PM
therealnickb's Avatar
therealnickb therealnickb is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,240
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
This is exactly what I was trying to convey. People who already have a lot of ammo need not purchase more....
Define "a lot". A lot for what? Shooting this weekend? Or investing? Or protecting the motherland???

Some folks are not panic buying. They are looking at the fed and know prices will never be much if any lower. "Buy low" isn't easy to see until time goes by.

You my friend are in a hole. Stop digging.
__________________


"I've heard this is a good read. I'm mean, I haven't read it myself but many very smart people said it's a good read. Believe me, many people are saying it....."
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:22 PM
Ocog2181 Ocog2181 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Ca
Posts: 218
iTrader: 1 / 60%
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWILKE View Post
Most of us call it investing.
stock up when you can and start reloading my weekly range trips have not changed.

If you consider purchasing bullets as an investment, your priorities are all wrong. Equity and bonds may not be doing well right now however, there are alternative assets negatively correlated with the current equity and bond market. For example, alternative assets such as real assets are back on the rise. Instead of hedging your portfolio with ammo please look into alternative assets. Growth will be more prevalent and stable.
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:25 PM
Pell Pell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

A smart investor diversifies. Seems kinda smart to include ammo (which could be considered a commodity) if you're looking for ways to expand your portfolio.
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:30 PM
decepticon6551's Avatar
decepticon6551 decepticon6551 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,436
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I'll get right on that..

Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:32 PM
Ocog2181 Ocog2181 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Southern Ca
Posts: 218
iTrader: 1 / 60%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell View Post
A smart investor diversifies. Seems kinda smart to include ammo (which could be considered a commodity) if you're looking for ways to expand your portfolio.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I am indirectly talking about diversification when i say negative correlation.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:34 PM
pyromensch's Avatar
pyromensch pyromensch is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: sacratomato
Posts: 6,841
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just spoke to one of my friends which of whom works for a reputable ammo manufacturer. Basically, ammo is still being produced in the same numbers as it has historically, however, hoarders are the reason to blame for this "Shortage". People need to refrain from purchasing such large amounts of ammo and storing it as if they are going to go to war. Those people which of whom are hoarding are throwing off and fabricating a shortage that should not exist. Prices are at an all time high and hoarders are promoting this behavior by buying all the ammo they can possibly get their hands on.

This is just a public service announcement to let people know who is really causing this so called shortage. Also, AWB has fallen out of senate and put on the back burner by the democrats. So, no more scare of an AWB for now.

Lets all stop buying everything and let the market settle back down.
ammo is not like money, that needs to be circulated to keep the economy going...circulating ammo, gets finkleseen, all excited.
__________________
That may be a CG first!



Spyder

"You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:35 PM
pyromensch's Avatar
pyromensch pyromensch is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: sacratomato
Posts: 6,841
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I'll get right on that..

ammo cans, and spare tires. are they both filled with air?
__________________
That may be a CG first!



Spyder

"You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:37 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just spoke to one of my friends which of whom works for a reputable ammo manufacturer. Basically, ammo is still being produced in the same numbers as it has historically, however, hoarders are the reason to blame for this "Shortage". People need to refrain from purchasing such large amounts of ammo and storing it as if they are going to go to war. Those people which of whom are hoarding are throwing off and fabricating a shortage that should not exist. Prices are at an all time high and hoarders are promoting this behavior by buying all the ammo they can possibly get their hands on.

This is just a public service announcement to let people know who is really causing this so called shortage. Also, AWB has fallen out of senate and put on the back burner by the democrats. So, no more scare of an AWB for now.

Lets all stop buying everything and let the market settle back down.
The ironic thing is that I bet the biggest hoarders are the smallest actual shooters. I can't picture them at the range. I picture them in their garages and bedrooms fondling their ammo and telling themselves how "smart" they were to "stock-up."

I can reload and I have plenty of supplies. I cannot reload .22LR however and although I have plenty for most circumstances, I'll run out in a few months because I shoot over 1K rounds/month.
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:37 PM
viet4lifeOC's Avatar
viet4lifeOC viet4lifeOC is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,346
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

I use to hit the range 2-3 a week. Shot for 2-3 hours and only left when my back started to tighten up. Haven't been to the range for nearly 3 months. Just sitting on the remaining ammo from the last calgun reload group buy.

If you're motivated enough to hit the stores at opening or endlessly refreshing your computer's refresh button to buy online, than MORE POWER TO YOU. There's no hard feelings here . Because of work and family, I'm just sitting this one out until ammo is more available.
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:38 PM
Pell Pell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. I am indirectly talking about diversification when i say negative correlation.
You are saying that someone is wrong to look at ammo as an asset, and that there are other investments inversely proportional to bonds, etc.

The fact of the matter is that you are wrong (about ammo). Ammo can (and is) be utilized as an investment, and has paid off for quite a few people.

Just because you choose to put your money into other investments does not mean it's the right move for everybody else.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:39 PM
hambam105 hambam105 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,085
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Fritz265

Quote:
Can you stop buying Twinkies? I can't find those suckers anywhere....
You are too late. I heard some L/Cpl from Bravo Co. highjacked the delivery truck before it reached the Chow Hall two days ago. No more Pogey Bait for your platoon until next Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:40 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSasquatch View Post
Oh I'm not hoarding now. I ordered 1000 rounds online and have been using that for the past month. It's just frustrating when people say "It's your own fault that you didn't prepare." That argument is invalid in cases like mine, I feel.
Those that claim to have "prepared" in one sentence are also patting themselves on the back when they cleaned-out Wal*mart the day before...
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:40 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I'll get right on that..

Someone needs a woman -- or at least another hobby...
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:42 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knomad View Post
I don't consider that to be hoarding, that's using and replenishing. If you shoot a lot, cool.

It's the people stacking thousands of rounds in a damp closet and never using it that puzzle me. Maybe they plan to load up their pickup truck with all 800 pounds of it if the SHTF and hope it still fires...
LOL!!

Bingo!!
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #226  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:47 PM
philobeddoe's Avatar
philobeddoe philobeddoe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Venice
Posts: 1,919
iTrader: 17 / 100%
Default

tire hoarders suck
Reply With Quote
  #227  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:49 PM
onegtalon's Avatar
onegtalon onegtalon is offline
Calguns is my Facebook!
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,420
iTrader: 60 / 100%
Default

We all this coming after the CO Theater shooting..... If you didn't stock up after that and before SH you're a moron. Nuff said.

you snooze you loose.
__________________
Laws and common sense is all up to interpretation to us humans... and guess what? Humans suck.

Onegtalon... toooooo many hobbies man !...

NRA, 2AF, HDF, GOA, CGN/CGF member
Reply With Quote
  #228  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:49 PM
XDJYo XDJYo is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NorCal-East Bay
Posts: 1,810
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Uh...
__________________
Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & LBC Double Diamond Grips
Springfield Armory Loaded 1911-Stainless
Glock Gen 4 G19 (Wifes)
Ruger Mark III 22/45 5.5" Barrel
Newest-Springfield Armory 4.5" XD-m 45 ACP
Reply With Quote
  #229  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:49 PM
Pell Pell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
neither..

tires are kevlar dakar take-offs about 10 yrs old - probably no air left

the cans are keeping around 15k rds of about 20 calibers from. 17hmr to. 50bmg clean and dry.



and my wife is smoking hot 10 years my younger.. look for her in the baker to vegas run.. chump
Hoarding the ammo, tires, AND women??? Jerk
Reply With Quote
  #230  
Old 03-19-2013, 8:55 PM
myk's Avatar
myk myk is offline
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sun Diego
Posts: 4,543
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
This is exactly what I was trying to convey. People who already have a lot of ammo need not purchase more....
I'll ask you again, do you not know what you are saying?

That's not too far off from saying "you don't need that assault style AR, you don't need more than 10 rounds in a CLIP, you don't need a gun to protect yourself at all!"

It's no one's frakking business how someone decides to spend their money OR defend themselves. I think buying tons 'o 'ammo is foolish but that's MY opinion, MY choice. If someone wants to buy crates of 'ammo who is anyone to say whether they should or shouldn't? I'm sorry, is this England, Mexico, or some other country where free will and the right to defend one's self is illegal or otherwise unconscionable?
__________________
Crashing gun control rallies is fun, but absolutely necessary, anywhere and everywhere they take place so that the truth about guns and violence can be heard:http://mykranili.tumblr.com/
Reply With Quote
  #231  
Old 03-19-2013, 9:04 PM
elSquid's Avatar
elSquid elSquid is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Left coast.
Posts: 8,207
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell View Post
Hoarding the ammo, tires, AND women??? Jerk
It's a trick: the ammo is just concealing the fact that what he's really hoarding is ammo cans.

-- Michael
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 03-19-2013, 9:08 PM
Thomas1190's Avatar
Thomas1190 Thomas1190 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Palmdale, CA
Posts: 647
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Geez I just wish I could afford to stock up on ammo lol. I'm only 22 with a part time job, so I can't just go out and buy 3k rounds all at once. The most i have ever purchased was a 1k rounds of 5.56, and that's when it was less than 300 bucks shipped. I wouldn't say I'm angry over the people that are buying so much, but more jealous than anything. So right now I'll just shoot my handguns, since I reload for them. Even reloading supplies are a PITA to find. This sucks lol

Killer Bee, hook a brotha up man!! lol
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 03-19-2013, 9:09 PM
steelrain556 steelrain556 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 261
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Happy I'm fairly stocked up. Please believe when things get back to normal, ammo is gonna b on my grocery shopping list every month
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 03-19-2013, 9:12 PM
Madstone Madstone is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elSquid View Post
It's a trick: the ammo is just concealing the fact that what he's really hoarding is ammo cans.

-- Michael
Damn you found out my secret obsession... medium size green cans filled with gunpowder and lead
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 03-19-2013, 9:46 PM
Excelsior Excelsior is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: California, thanks be to God!
Posts: 4,216
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
neither..

tires are kevlar dakar take-offs about 10 yrs old - probably no air left

the cans are keeping around 15k rds of about 20 calibers from. 17hmr to. 50bmg clean and dry.



and my wife is smoking hot 10 years my younger.. look for her in the baker to vegas run.. chump
Whatever you do, don't overreact!
__________________
[CENTER]CALIFORNIA: Love it, leave it /CENTER]

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,853
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocog2181 View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just spoke to one of my friends which of whom works for a reputable ammo manufacturer. Basically, ammo is still being produced in the same numbers as it has historically, however, hoarders are the reason to blame for this "Shortage". People need to refrain from purchasing such large amounts of ammo and storing it as if they are going to go to war. Those people which of whom are hoarding are throwing off and fabricating a shortage that should not exist. Prices are at an all time high and hoarders are promoting this behavior by buying all the ammo they can possibly get their hands on.

This is just a public service announcement to let people know who is really causing this so called shortage. Also, AWB has fallen out of senate and put on the back burner by the democrats. So, no more scare of an AWB for now.

Lets all stop buying everything and let the market settle back down.
Title of the post is "STOP HOARDING AMMO"

Really?

So the 5k rounds of x39 I bought 10 years ago at $99 per k, I should turn around and sell them off now at $99 per k?

Oh, the 2k 7.62x51 that I snapped up 5 years ago at a good price, I should all let those go at what I paid for them? Just because there are "poor starving shooters in Indiana" that don't have enough to shoot?

Oh, oh... the 3k of 5.56 I snagged 3-4 years ago and the 10k of reloading components I grabbed when I spotted a good deal over the last 5-7 years... I should just sell them off for bargain basement prices because you think I don't "need" them?

Take a tip, bub. What is "hoarding" to one person is prudent stocking up when it's on sale to another.

If you're talking about panic buyers who waited to the last minute, then the thread title should be "STOP PANIC BUYING".

I deduct one point from your man-card for not stocking up on all you needed prior to the current crisis. And another for casting aspersions on those of us who did.\

Also this
Quote:
ammo is still being produced in the same numbers as it has historically
So now it comes out. In the middle of the biggest buying spree in history outside of an active invasion, the ammo industry is keeping production capped at historical norms rather than ramping up and expanding. A policy designed and intended to drive prices through the stratosphere. Despite what we are being told by the CEO's, your inside source reveals the real truth... there is no expansion, there is no ramp-up... only PROFITS-UP.

Yep. Figures. Woulda put money on it. No surprise there.

Now tell me I'm supposed to cry for the ammo companies or the guys who bought one box and shot one box. FOR YEARS. When they could have bought 3 boxes and shot one instead. Nope. Not crying here.

BTW: I GIVE substantial amounts of ammo away for training and practice to folks I know who really do need it. I'm not selfish. But I don't take stupidity and naivete for excuses either.
__________________
The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.

Last edited by bruss01; 03-20-2013 at 5:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 PM
Pell Pell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
Title of the post is "STOP HOARDING AMMO"

Really?

So the 5k rounds of x39 I bought 10 years ago at $99 per k, I should turn around and sell them off now at $99 per k?

Oh, the 2k 7.62x51 that I snapped up 5 years ago at a good price, I should all let those go at what I paid for them? Just because there are "poor starving shooters in Indiana" that don't have enough to shoot?

Oh, oh... the 3k of 5.56 I snagged 3-4 years ago and the 10k of reloading components I grabbed when I spotted a good deal over the last 5-7 years... I should just sell them off for bargain basement prices because you think I don't "need" them?
Yes, yes, and yes.


You were offering, right?
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:36 PM
bruss01's Avatar
bruss01 bruss01 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,853
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell View Post
Yes, yes, and yes.


You were offering, right?
__________________
The one thing worse than defeat is surrender.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM
SacTown's Avatar
SacTown SacTown is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Posts: 1,781
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
With all due respect. Didn't you just do that? OP wrote "don't hoard", you wrote "don't tell".
SMH.
__________________
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Pell Pell is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 86
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

LOL... Thanks Killer Bee..

In all honesty, I'm one of those people that got caught in the price hikes without any decent stash. But, it was my lack of foresight that got me in this predicament. It sucks that I can't go shooting a couple times a week like I used to, but it is what it is. It's times like this where I think it's important for the folks in my position keep a stiff upper lip, learn to plan ahead, and maintain a positive outlook for the gun community as a whole.

Just because I can't shoot right now does not mean I cannot participate in other gun related activities.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:28 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.