Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 04-01-2013, 5:01 PM

Wink Yuba County CHL / Nevada CHL

I'm new to the forum, but wanted to let everyone know that I just picked up my California CHL this morning from the Yuba County Sheriff's Office. I dropped off my application and did fingerprints on December 17, 2012, Interviewed with the Sheriff on February 13, 2013, and picked up my permit today April 01, 2013.
That should give you some idea of the time period involved.

Also, as of March 01, 2013, the State of Nevada no longer accepts the State of Arizona permit, so you have to go to Nevada and take training from a Nevada authorized instructor (including range time), and IN THE COUNTY for which you will apply (such as Washoe County (Reno). As a favor, he also is a Utah Instructor and signed off my Utah Permit Application. (it went in today).

For the Nevada Instructor, I highly recommend Jim (JC) Collins. He did a really good class, full of very helpful laws and self defense techniques with and without a weapon. Contact him at jamesccollinsjr@yahoo.com. He lives just outside of Reno, and I promise you will not regret it.

As soon as Nevada and Utah are issued, I will have California, Oregon, Arizona, Florida, Nevada, and Utah. That should cover me for a while.
Old 04-02-2013, 6:22 AM

Good info. Thanks. I have CA and AZ, and was pretty bummed when NV said they wouldnt recognize AZ anymore, especially when I went to Reno last week. Id like to get NV, UT, FL just as you have.
Old 04-02-2013, 3:44 PM

Utah and Florida are mail in applications, but for Nevada, you actually have to go down to the Sheriff's office and they print you and you give them your application. And again, it has to be in the same county as you took your training in...
If you decide to do NV, give Jim Collins a call and he will do a private lesson at his home and even start as early as 6 am so you can get done and get to the Sheriff's Office in time for your prints and app. (have the app filled out first)
Jim will also sign your Utah App if you have it filled out, for the same price, and at the same time he does your NV training.
I did it in one day, including class, shooting, and application at the Washoe County Sheriff's Office. I was done and out of Reno by 3:30 pm.

Go for it.......