Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 03-14-2013, 3:30 AM
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor

Default Anyone Get Their Order from Bruno Shooter Supply

They are not answering emails for an order I placed 2/22 for some powder. I know some others jumped on it to when they had the powder.

Surely they are backed up like everyone. Anyone get their order yet?

-178S
Old 03-14-2013, 8:01 AM

I was just in there the other day . they took there phones off the hook due to high volume and good luck on there emails. Its like three guys maybe four. However they are a good place and run a legit business. Give them time they are just like everyone else busy as hell.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 AM

Still waiting on my order from 2/27. I figure if Powder Valley is about a month behind, the guys at Bruno are at least that far back if not further.

"Arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe and preserve order..."-Thomas Paine
Old 03-15-2013, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootin' nuke View Post
Still waiting on my order from 2/27. I figure if Powder Valley is about a month behind, the guys at Bruno are at least that far back if not further.
I actually live just a few minutes from Bruno's, and my UPS guy happens to deliver there as well. I had primers come in from Cabella's & the UPS guy said they are limiting Bruno's shipments - there's some obscure DOT reg about not having more than 100 pounds of gunpowder on a truck.. I guess UPS has been sending extra trucks to pick up and drop off the hazmat stuff, as they can..

Bruno's is a different kind of place.. The guys behind the counter are friendly, but they aren't used to this level of business.. nothing in the store has a price tag.. there is no real "showroom"... just a garage door in an industrial strip mall, and a steady stream of walk-in traffic, with a short line at the counter..

I went in today, since they are the only shop in Phoenix that consistently has primers, I was hoping they would have pistol reloading stuff.. they really don't stock much beyond primers for pistols, no dies or anything, although they said they did order some, because of all the recent requests..

Anyway, I'm certain your stuff is coming, everyone there was busy..
Old 03-21-2013, 3:44 AM
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor

Update- I requested a order update on 8-March. Have not heard anything back. After missing the cut twice on some H335 at Midway, I paid extra for it at Bruno's.

Standing-by

-178S
Old 03-21-2013, 8:02 AM
Hubba Hubba
CGN Contributor

Their prices! Holy cow, worse than Gunbroker.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhlan1 View Post
Their prices! Holy cow, worse than Gunbroker.
Well, that I actually do understand - In this market (Phoenix), during the panic, we've sold out of everything.. Cabela's, Sportsman's and Bass Pro have lines around the building on "ammo day", and literally *no* powder, primers or projectiles..

At anything close to "reasonable" pricing, the shelves get empty - and a place like Brunos gets in serious trouble, because without *any* primers, they won't sell their match-grade-fancy-pants rifle bullets..

To be honest, (I'm just guessing), but even at $70 per k for primers I would personally bet $1, that at least *one* person has tried to buy them out, which could effectively put them out of business for all the other things they sell.

Reloaders ***** and moan about an extra *penny* a round, while those who can't reload are paying $.50+ a round for white-box wal-mart ammo..

I think it's "shock" pricing, designed to make people think twice before buying 50k primers "just in case"..

And let's not forget, most of the "non gouging" retailers did a pretty crappy job at the beginning of all this to prevent hoarders & scalpers from emptying the shelves..If they had enforced quantity limits all along like they are doing now for ammo, we wouldn't have this mess. no one "needs" 10k primers for a weekend at the range..

Last edited by UnknownShooter; 03-22-2013 at 11:15 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 11:38 AM

Just picked these up and some bullets yesterday from Bruno's . Talked with Jason they are slammed and they are working hard to get your orders out the door.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-09-2013, 6:42 AM
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor

update- nothing from Bruno order 2/22

-178S
Old 04-27-2013, 2:21 PM
NRA Life Member
CGN Contributor

bump-

Still nothing from that Feb powder run

-178S