Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 8:55 PM

Default Moving to San Pasqual

So im moving from Mira Mesa/PQ area to San Pasqual at the end of this month. Is there any range (outdoor) and trap shooting spot around there? I started trap shooting recently and drive to P2K but the drive to it from San Pasqual would be a long way. There are lots of 'open spaces' out in San Pasqual but Im unfamiliar with the area. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-13-2013, 8:04 PM

Our closest range will be the one opening in Poway. I'm near San Pasqual also, it's about 20-25 minutes to the range (15 to get to the freeway from my house).

Welcome to the neighborhood.
Old 03-13-2013, 9:36 PM

Other than the future ranges planned for Poway, I think Escondido Fish & Game will be your nearest place. Check here: http://shooting.forsandiego.com/Ranges.html

I am very familiar with the San Pasqual area; please do NOT go shooting in any "open spaces".

BK

Last edited by BadKitty; 03-13-2013 at 9:39 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 10:24 PM

thanks for the info and the welcome. I also read about the poway range. how long would it take to open since it was approve like 2 days ago?

i did check out escondido fish and game but it looks like i have to jump thru more circus hoops then getting a ccw. LOL I will NOT be shooting at any open spaces. Im a responsible sensible gun owner not a crazy gun owner. tho the lack of ammo is driving me crazy. hahaha
Old 03-15-2013, 3:58 PM

Escondido F&G you can shoot trap on (I think) Sat afternoons and Wed. even if you aren't a member. No rifle, pistol, or bow shooting if you aren't a member. Becoming a member isn't that bad but you have to get your application in and then wait to be called. They renew people and let new members in every year around August. So if you are interested; join the NRA, do all the other stuff and get on the waiting list.
Old 03-18-2013, 8:57 PM

Escondidio fish and game has a membership wait of about three years last told was told. Trap shooting their is open to the pubic on Wednesday nights but there is are fees. On Saturdays they also do what is called pot shooting. The most fun I think. Both types are open to the public just bring some cash lot of good manners and be safe and smart.
Old 03-18-2013, 9:42 PM

i'm in Escondido, and there are plenty of places to go shooting here....Grand Ave, Grape Day Park, ...hell anywhere in DT Esco is a range
AR's have finally become full blown "men's barbie dolls" now with fashion accessories.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightmd View Post
Escondido F&G you can shoot trap on (I think) Sat afternoons and Wed. even if you aren't a member. No rifle, pistol, or bow shooting if you aren't a member. Becoming a member isn't that bad but you have to get your application in and then wait to be called. They renew people and let new members in every year around August. So if you are interested; join the NRA, do all the other stuff and get on the waiting list.

At least I got 1 criteria down. NRA membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsheer View Post
Escondidio fish and game has a membership wait of about three years last told was told. Trap shooting their is open to the pubic on Wednesday nights but there is are fees. On Saturdays they also do what is called pot shooting. The most fun I think. Both types are open to the public just bring some cash lot of good manners and be safe and smart.

Ill check it out. I always bring my manners. manner disappear in the parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by border.bandito View Post
i'm in Escondido, and there are plenty of places to go shooting here....Grand Ave, Grape Day Park, ...hell anywhere in DT Esco is a range
LOL. Thought u were serious for a moment there. Hahaha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2