Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > VENDORS >
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Hosted by

Old 03-11-2013, 2:40 PM
Default in stock / not in stock

Hey RG...

Is there any chance you could ask your developers to put a filter switch on there to mask out stuff you don't have stock so it doesn't appear?

While is a great place to check reasonable prices for a retailer, if you're actually looking for something to buy it can be a bit disheartening looking through pages of great stuff we have no hope of getting in this climate.

Not knocking your work, it's a class outfit in my opinion, I'm just being a picky internet shopper looking to enrich my experience.

Old 03-11-2013, 5:38 PM

I'd like this feature as well.
Old 03-11-2013, 6:25 PM
Veteran Member

this seems to be working better.
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.
One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.
George Patton
Old 03-11-2013, 6:45 PM

I like the site as is, plus the benefit of showing product that's out of stock allows you to sign up to be notified when it does come back in stock, that's how I got my lower from them, signed up and then ordered when I got the e-mail saying it was in stock. Trust me, it works, you just have to be quick about ordering because when things like lowers do come back in stock they tend to sell out within hours, the Spike's they had a few weeks ago sold out in 1/2 an hour.
"Gone to Florida to fight the Indians. Will be back when the war is over."
Colonel Commandant Archibald Henderson, USMC
in a note pinned to his office door, 1836

"We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?"
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983
Old 03-12-2013, 7:05 AM

Riceball pretty much hit it on the nose. While we would like to consolidate the listings to make in stock items easier to find, we still want to display items we normally carry as well. It makes the in-stock notification system available for those items and it gives new shoppers an idea of what we do. Hopefully things will be back to normal sooner than later and you'll see the site in all its intended glory. As a per user option though, its an interesting idea. I'll throw it back to the programmer and see if its something we can do.
Old 03-12-2013, 5:59 PM

impact guns allows you to search all items or search for in-stock items only while still having the "notify when available" option. i haven't purchased anything from them as you're down the street from me and i can just walk in but i do find their website a little more "user friendly" if i am searching for a particular item.