Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:54 AM

Default CFLC system is down .. Another delay tactic by DOJ?

Dealers from out of state are now reporting they cannot log onto the (CFLC) system to get Authorization to ship letters. Is this yet another "tactic" designed to slow down the flow? Seems totally odd to me that an automated website is experiencing issues like this. I am being told by more than one vendor over the last 3 days they cannot log onto the site. I have been trying for over an hour now myself, and I cannot log in either. Anyone else having this issue?
Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM
Vendor/Retailer

I just tried too and it won't load.

I would tell a vendor to ship anyway and send me the number when it comes back online.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 03-10-2013, 5:29 PM

Ive been told that is illegal and I am required to send a firearm that comes without the approval letter back within 24 hours?

Is it legal for me to accept (and keep) a firearm without the approval letter?

Is it legal for me to proceed with a DROS for a firearm which I do not have the approval letter?

Thanks Wes.
Old 03-10-2013, 6:06 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
Ive been told that is illegal and I am required to send a firearm that comes without the approval letter back within 24 hours?

Is it legal for me to accept (and keep) a firearm without the approval letter?

Is it legal for me to proceed with a DROS for a firearm which I do not have the approval letter?

Thanks Wes.
It is illegal to log it into your book. You have seven days to log it in per the ATF.

You can start long guns before the gun arrives. The DOJ says you can't for handguns, but many do anyway.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation
Old 03-11-2013, 9:46 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms View Post
It is illegal to log it into your book. You have seven days to log it in per the ATF.
You have 7 days only if the invoice has all of the required information on it, otherwise it has to be logged by the end of the next business day.

The CA DOJ can not decree that you don't follow Federal law which requires you to log the firearm and if you send it back, you still should log it, which according the to CA DOJ view would be illegal. I have also heard rumor that you don't have to show your bound book to the CA DOJ as it is a Federal document and they have no right to see it (not sure if this is true, but it could cause problems).

I have heard that the CA DOJ has said to write the CFLC number in the bound book, which I also heard that the BATF said no. I heard that a FFL files all of the CFLC letters together, which makes it much more difficult to determine which letter goes to which firearm, which is kind of funny, but could also cause problems. Has anyone heard of a FFL which had a problem with regards to a CFLC letter or lack thereof?

CA DOJ say to copy Federal IDs, which is illegal as well, but I was told if the person objected, you did not have to copy it. When I asked if the FFL objected, would that be ok, I was told that they had never heard of that before.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein