Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 06-01-2013, 9:38 AM

Default Costa Mesa Gun Show Weekend

What did you buy today? Deals? Prices? Changes?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Calguns Cleanup Member
CGN Contributor

How was parking ? And lines ?
Old 06-01-2013, 10:50 AM

I`m going to attempt to go tommorrow. I`ll post up the details when I get back. I haven`t been to the last couple due to it being a zoo. Hopefully tommorrow is better.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

My mom has been texting about it just now sending me pics haha. She's with my dad selling (he gets a table and sells wwII rifles and accessories)

She said only ammo lines are long (as usual) rest of the show is slow and not busy. Last Costa Mesa show on Sunday there was no line at opening, walked right in, and barley any lines, and barley anyone walking around. Hope it's like that tommorow.

"I work, therefore I am."

Last edited by xxINKxx; 06-01-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Old 06-01-2013, 12:38 PM

Is it worth going ??
Old 06-01-2013, 4:52 PM

Depends what you are looking for. All the magpul stuff was more expensive than OC armory and online. .223 was $12/box 22lr is still inflated to $60/brick. I picked up some small rifle primers and H110, which the pricing was about the same as bass pro. No .223 compatible powder left. Only magnum pistol and rifle primers left. Miwal was the only one selling reloading components. Sat in the ammo line for about 30 minutes at 2pm. It was 3x as long in the morning. No line to get in at 10:30am. The only vendor that had M&P9 mags/rebuilds in march was selling them for $65, today price dropped down to $41.
Old 06-01-2013, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoduel View Post
Depends what you are looking for. All the magpul stuff was more expensive than OC armory and online. .223 was $12/box 22lr is still inflated to $60/brick. I picked up some small rifle primers and H110, which the pricing was about the same as bass pro. No .223 compatible powder left. Only magnum pistol and rifle primers left. Miwal was the only one selling reloading components. Sat in the ammo line for about 30 minutes at 2pm. It was 3x as long in the morning. No line to get in at 10:30am. The only vendor that had M&P9 mags/rebuilds in march was selling them for $65, today price dropped down to $41.
Tnx for the info. Sounds like, none different than marketplace ( Calguns ).
Old 06-01-2013, 5:26 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

There is another post cm gun show been on all day with more info.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:56 AM

Picked up a couple of magpul 30 round repair kits and blocks, 22lr and stopped by the calguns booth to pick up some stickers. Got there at 2:00 p.m., no line. Very small lines at ammo booths. No more than 5 mins. max. I skipped the past 3 show, glad I went back. Couldn't find any .40 magazines for my Baby Eagle though.
Old 06-02-2013, 7:34 AM

Anyone know if there were any OD pmag rebuilds?
Old 06-02-2013, 8:40 AM

Any ak kits? Dont feel like going for no reason. How's the line today?

Last edited by thespy; 06-02-2013 at 8:53 AM..
Old 06-02-2013, 2:00 PM

The line wasn't too bad today. No changes, no special deals noted. Thank God I'm only there for 22wmr Amos which is $110 for 500 rnds. Didn't even bother to go to the firearms section of the building because prices didn't change. A guy was selling PMAGs for $50 a piece.
Old 06-02-2013, 6:38 PM

Default $50 pmags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tercero77 View Post
The line wasn't too bad today. No changes, no special deals noted. Thank God I'm only there for 22wmr Amos which is $110 for 500 rnds. Didn't even bother to go to the firearms section of the building because prices didn't change. A guy was selling PMAGs for $50 a piece.
$50 pmags thats highway robbery. when is magpul gonna restock online businesses with pmags at their normal prices.
Old 06-02-2013, 7:50 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypeccary View Post
$50 pmags thats highway robbery. when is magpul gonna restock online businesses with pmags at their normal prices.
Go to the Deals section in the Calguns marketplace, pmags have been in stock and under $20 a pop from many different vendors lately. Granted, they don't stay in stock long, but it's all coming back down to reality.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

"I am sullied - no more" Col. Ted Westhusing
Old 06-02-2013, 9:29 PM

I paid $25 each for 2 od green pmag repair kits. I know you can find them cheaper, but I figured might as well pick up a couple. Don't know how long until repair kits don't fly in this state anymore.
Old 06-03-2013, 8:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re1apse View Post
I paid $25 each for 2 od green pmag repair kits. I know you can find them cheaper, but I figured might as well pick up a couple. Don't know how long until repair kits don't fly in this state anymore.
Well, my understanding is it would only go into effect on Jan 1, 2014, that's if anything does go through, but who knows. Additionally, it would ban 10/30s. What can you do about it, please see my sig and be part of the united effort to stop further BS legislation. That's if you haven't done it already.

PMAGs at Cabelas now. They don't do repair kits, but you might know someone out of state you could have them shipped to. Copes, Exile Machine, 44Mag do make repair kits, Exile Machine doesn't charge anything extra. I don't believe any of them have stock right now.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks & corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon

Old 06-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

In stock:

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/MAGP..._p/mag-570.htm

They disassemble for CA into rebuild kits, just put it in your notes section on checkout.

KrisAnne Hall on Oregon