Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 9:30 AM

Default Laws on the private sale / trade of reloading components.

I've searched the internet and looked through a bunch of the CalGun wikis trying to find any kind of laws that prohibit the PRIVATE sale of gunpowder, and primers. I'm pretty sure I found the answers to my questions, but I figured some of the more experience shooters / re-loaders could chime in (or at least direct me to a thead on CalGuns that explains this). As far as my understanding, California doesn't consider small ammo and primers "Explosives", but I couldn't find anything on the gunpowder.

Basically, I would like to locally sell some of my pistol / rifle primers but I want to make absolutely sure that it is entirely legal to do so without some kind of permit.
Old 05-03-2013, 2:58 PM

Techincally smokeless powder isn't an explosive. It is an accelerant. It burns it doesn't explode. Black powder is an explosive. Not that this in any way helps answer your question because who knows how the law views it.
Old 05-03-2013, 4:21 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

No laws I know of for private party sale, but a store has to follow county/state rules.

I would like to buy some small and large pistol primers as long as you don't gouge me worse than Turners !!

And what kind of powder do you have available ??