Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 03-02-2013, 5:15 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo615 View Post
yep it wasnt far past the wood line when it completely stopped moving at all though, even after tightening the clamp more...unfortunately Im not gonna be able to screw with the sks for a little while since Im out of town for work for the next week.

How can I tell if I bent something in the trigger group? what should i be looking for?
Take the whole shebang out of the stock and try to assemble it to see what might be binding.
Old 03-02-2013, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post

A little lube helps too.
if i had a nickel for every time i've heard that...
"If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."
Old 03-03-2013, 2:06 AM

I'm not sure if it's too late to put in my 2 cents. I had the same issue with my unissued Turner's Yugo SKS. After an hour of cussing at it, I figured out what I needed to do. I had some scrap wood block from the garage. On the ground with the rifle upside down, I put the flush of the top edge of the receiver on the wood block, against the floor. The barrel side, I used a small sandbag rest, just to protect the front sights from getting banged up on the floor. I then put all my weight on the trigger guard. It finally popped in. What a pain in the @ss.
Old 03-03-2013, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebox56 View Post
I'm not sure if it's too late to put in my 2 cents. I had the same issue with my unissued Turner's Yugo SKS. After an hour of cussing at it, I figured out what I needed to do. I had some scrap wood block from the garage. On the ground with the rifle upside down, I put the flush of the top edge of the receiver on the wood block, against the floor. The barrel side, I used a small sandbag rest, just to protect the front sights from getting banged up on the floor. I then put all my weight on the trigger guard. It finally popped in. What a pain in the @ss.

yup Ive done this...apparently my 200lbs *** isnt enough weight to get this one to pop
Old 03-08-2013, 6:37 AM

Default UPDATE

Ok so Im back from my work trip and I reassembled my SKS this morning....

What the problem was is that the post that holds up that tab was hitting the corresponding part of the trigger group and they were meeting on a flat part (hopefully this makes sense)

So basically what I had to do was file down the edge so its more of a ramp and less of a plateau. It still required some muscles but its back together now.

Huge thanks to the help from the board on this though. Now if I can only find some damn ammo to feed this thing....
Old 03-08-2013, 7:30 AM

The tab may be pushed to far down and stuck with cosmo.Try to pry it up with a screw driver and clean the cosmo off of it.