Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Default chinese sks illegal?

hey all

do you guys know if the norinco sks is legal in CA? i thought it was but then i took a look at the CA AW list and it states "Norinco 56" and "Norinco 56 S". From what I know (correct me if i'm wrong), all chinese SKS rifles are from norinco and are designated "type 56". thanks.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Veteran Member

The Norinco Type 56 and 56S as described in the Roberti-Roos list are in fact chinese copies of the AK-47 and AKM. The Norinco SKS was designated as the Type 56 Carbine, which is not on the banned list.

Also listed on the RR list is the Norinco SKS with detachable magazine. This was the Norinco produced model D or model M, which used the AK 30rd magazine. This variant was produced only for the commercial market.

In May 1994, President Clinton issued an executive order banning the importation of all Chinese-made firearms and ammunition. This had nothing to do with domestic gun-control issues, but was intended as a trade sanction against the Chinese government for human rights abuses.

Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

- Mihail Timofeevič Kalašnikov -

Last edited by bigthaiboy; 10-07-2007 at 12:29 AM..
Old 10-07-2007, 12:29 AM
Calguns Addict
Location: Raggedy Edge of the Verse, Fremont, California Republic

Norinco Type 56 Carbine is an SKS and legal with a fixed mag. Norinco also imported the type 56, 56-1 and 56-2 assault rifles which are AK-47 types..

The Chinese AK types and the SKS with detach mags are banned. The SKS with fixed 10 rd mag is legal.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:17 AM

the people who made this ban list are moron...