Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > Announcements and Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Announcements and Suggestions This is a place for suggestions, news and updates about the site.

Old 03-11-2013, 3:25 PM

Dirtbikindad,

Have you or anyone else thought about placing a reward for information? I hate to say it, but money seems to be the only thing people will open their mouths for. I'm sure the investigating agency is still working the case and eventually this scumbag will see his day.. My prayers are with your family..
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 PM

Prayers sent. Good to hear your nephew is doing better.
Old 03-13-2013, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Have you or anyone else thought about placing a reward for information?
It was posted on Page 1 of this thread; you must've just missed it.

Quote:
Dirtbikindad393

Press conference yesterday where Councilman Tom LaBonge announces a 25k dollar reward leading to the arrest & conviction of this *****!

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=9014588

Glad to hear about his upgrade and his good spirits!
Old 03-29-2013, 4:50 PM

Tonight all the big news channels 2, 4, 5, 7 9 and 11 will cover this story.

The Critical Mass Ride Salutes injured Cyclist Damian Kevitt.

The organizers of the Critical Mass Family Ride (lacriticalmass.org) will have up to 4000 bicyclists routed by USA Medical Center in honor of injured hit & run victim Damian Kevitt still in the hospital from injuries suffered in a hit & run.

Set your DVR or tune in to your favorite station tonight Friday 03/29/13 for coverage of this momentous event.

Background:

Damian Kevitt was riding his bicycle with his wife on a Sunday morning in February, heading from the LA River bike path to the LA Zoo, when he was hit by a light-colored mini-van and dragged under the car for nearly a 1/4-mile and left for dead on the 5 Freeway. Witnesses said the van had a For Sale sign in the rear window with Spanish writing and a telephone prefix of 213. Damian was wearing a helmet and bike gloves which saved his life, though he suffered over 20 broken bones, several deep gashes in his legs (to the bone), severe road rash all over his body with particular damage to his backside and his right leg had to be amputated below the knee. Doctors are still working to save his left foot. He has had 9 surgeries in a period of 6 weeks and more to come. He is undergoing surgery #9 today.

Tonight!
LA Critical Mass is the largest community bicycle ride in America (lacriticalmass.org). Approximately 4,000 cyclists will ride past the hospital in salute to fallen cyclist, Damian Kevitt. The mass of cyclists, including families, seniors and other bicycle enthusiasts, will ride along Mission Blvd and the corner of Marengo on the west border of the hospital where Damian is. They will arrive at the corner of Marengo and Mission at approximately 8:20pm. There will be a banner posted on that corner dedicating the ride to Damian. Damian's mother, Michele Kevitt Kirkland, will be there to wave to the cyclists as they ride by.

$25,000 Reward
The Altadena CHP are seeking the public's help to find the driver of the van who hit Damian and sped away, dragging him under his car. Councilman Tom La Bonge issued a $25,000 reward for information leading to the capture, arrest and conviction of the driver. It is important to broadcast the message that anyone can come forward without fear of consequences regardless of their immigration status, outstanding tickets, etc. The CHP will ask no questions and are not interested in their immigration status--they only want information that could lead them to the driver. As well, anyone with information can call WE TIP hotline and give information anonymously and still receive the reward money, if their information results in conviction of the driver who hit Damian.

How to Report Information

1) WE TIP has bilingual operators 24/7. The website is wetip.com. The phone number is: 1-800-782-7463 or 1-800-78 CRIME (not for texting)

2) Altadena CHP: 626-296-8100

Additional Note
Damian is very determined to have a good recovery and ride his bike again. He is alert, intelligent and has a positive attitude. Damian has said, "I will be able to recover and walk away from this horrific accident. Unless the driver of the van who hit me, comes forward and proper justice is done, he will never be able to recover--he will never be able to walk away from this--he will live a miserable life of lies, hiding and knowing exactly what he did to his fellow human being."

Have a family issue need to sell off my Front Sight Diamond Memberships to raise money.
PM if you have thought about buying one.

I don't regret burning some bridges. I regret that some people weren't on those bridges when I burnt them!
Old 03-29-2013, 6:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Keeping an eye out in NorCal.....all my paramedic coworkers are aware of the description. We are trying to find this criminal.

The game is to be sold, not to be told

Buy 'em cheap, stack 'em deep!!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Bumping this thread for Damian Kevitt.
Old 05-02-2013, 1:00 PM

Thanks for bumping this, I missed this story. Hope they caught the MF already.

OP, continued thoughts and prayers to your nephew and family.

WTS: White Oak Armament Adjustable Stock
Old 05-02-2013, 7:21 PM

btt

"Everyone has two lives,the second one starts when you realize you only have one "
Old 05-03-2013, 12:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Btt

Hope they catch the pos who did this. How can we put some serious pressure on our fine politicians to bump up the reward so the aholes a lot faster. Please advise.
Old 05-03-2013, 4:26 PM

Thanks for bumping, I missed this one too. Best wishes and prayers to your nephew. Heartbreaking story.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:23 PM

Bumping

Please help support The Calguns Foundation by clicking this link before your next purchase